Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

Apparently that's a legit documentary about right-wing esotericism and occultism, but why does the poster look like total poo poo then?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Riso posted:

The problem is one of scale. Too many people in too cramped environments in an ever complex world having to accommodate an increasing number of -often competing and incompatible- outlooks.

There have been overcrowding experiments done with rats in the past and they seem to have a lot similarities to what we see today.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1644264/pdf/procrsmed00338-0007.pdf

Social deprivation is not inevitable, we already had a much worse situation during the early 20th century and managed to turn it around with social democracy. All these problems are solvable for rational human beings. The real problem is that people(me included) are morons and given a choice of spending 10€ in tax money on a methadone clinic or spending thousands of € on guns, police, prisons and having to live in fear of being robbed and stabbed at any moment, we gleefully choose the later.

Used to be that we could point to the Soviet Union, China, etc. and tell ourselves that if we don't start using our heads, then this is where we are all going as a society. Now we don't have anything to scare some sense into all of us anymore.

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

SPD in Bavaria is always a funny joke. Always.
I'm always happy to entertain :).

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.
Siggi Pop got slapped by the law

http://www.sueddeutsche.de/wirtschaft/einzelhandel-gericht-stoppt-ministererlaubnis-fuer-tengelmann-uebernahme-durch-edeka-1.3074789

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

botany posted:

That should be required viewing for everyone in this thread imo
So what you're saying is: "Muss man wissen!"?

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx

waitwhatno posted:

Social deprivation is not inevitable, we already had a much worse situation during the early 20th century and managed to turn it around with social democracy. All these problems are solvable for rational human beings. The real problem is that people(me included) are morons and given a choice of spending 10€ in tax money on a methadone clinic or spending thousands of € on guns, police, prisons and having to live in fear of being robbed and stabbed at any moment, we gleefully choose the later.

Oh, it's not that it's inevitable to fix but it's getting politically ever more difficult because we kind of have to descale.

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

waitwhatno posted:

Haha, holy poo poo, political parties are literally dying out.

http://www.sueddeutsche.de/politik/mitgliederschwund-etablierte-parteien-verlieren-mitglieder-1.3074482

Average age of all members is 50-60 years and membership has halved since 1990 due to "natural causes".

German national average age is 40+ already. If you remove everyone too young to be in a political party you should end up above 50 easy.

Anecdotally I know a party Ortsvorsitzender and he definitely thinks about stuff like how you find something to do for the younger party members so they stay on board. If you have an Ortsvereinssitzung and 75% of the running time is taken up by pensioners rambling incoherently your one new u30 party member is probably not going to come back. At the same time it's a small, tight-knit, democratically organized group and you can't just tell the old farts to gently caress off. On the one hand the Ortsvorsitzender lyfe sounds kinda interesting, on the other hand it sounds like it'd make you wanna kill yourself.

Babies Getting Rabies
Apr 21, 2007

Sugartime Jones

System Metternich posted:

Apparently that's a legit documentary about right-wing esotericism and occultism, but why does the poster look like total poo poo then?

It's very apt for the people he interviews. Watch it, I'm serious.

az
Dec 2, 2005

It doesn't seem to be on youtube, what a shame.

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

aphid_licker posted:

German national average age is 40+ already. If you remove everyone too young to be in a political party you should end up above 50 easy.

Anecdotally I know a party Ortsvorsitzender and he definitely thinks about stuff like how you find something to do for the younger party members so they stay on board. If you have an Ortsvereinssitzung and 75% of the running time is taken up by pensioners rambling incoherently your one new u30 party member is probably not going to come back. At the same time it's a small, tight-knit, democratically organized group and you can't just tell the old farts to gently caress off. On the one hand the Ortsvorsitzender lyfe sounds kinda interesting, on the other hand it sounds like it'd make you wanna kill yourself.

Drinking and playing cards isn't a thing anymore?

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

:lol: schon allein wegen Besorgnis der Befangenheit im einstweiligen unterliegen.

Gabriel schafft es vielleicht doch noch Kraft, Maaß und Schröder in Sachen "bei Gericht blamieren" zu übertrumpfen.

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

And now for something completely different: Bavaria trying to get Saupreißn to immigrate by using advanced marketing techniques :haw:

quote:

Wenn Wanderungen zwischen zwei Regionen erfolgreich sein sollen, müssen die Push-Faktoren in der Herkunftsregion und die Pull-Faktoren in der Zielregion gleichzeitig wirken. In der Tat konnten die Automobilbauer aus Niederbayern hoffen, von der seit 1957 anhaltenden „Kohlenkrise“ im Ruhrgebiet profitieren zu können. Immerhin schrumpfte die Belegschaft im Ruhrrevier zwischen 1957 und 1972 von 494.181 auf 83.281. Eine ähnlich negative Entwicklung bahnte sich in der Stahlindustrie zu Beginn der 1970er Jahre an. Umgekehrt erfuhr das ländlich strukturierte Niederbayern, das sich als „Armenhaus Deutschlands“ sah, durch die Ansiedlung von BMW einen enormen wirtschaftlichen Aufschwung. Im Jahr 1967 übernahm die BMW AG München den mittelständischen Automobilhersteller Hans Glas GmbH (Modell „Goggomobil“) in Dingolfing an der Isar und baute dort in einem auf der grünen Wiese errichteten Werk seit 1973 die Fahrzeuge der BMW-5er Modellreihe. Die Mitarbeiterzahl stieg auf 6.300. Allerdings fehlten für ein weiteres Wachstum rund 100 Facharbeiter, die BMW über eine Anzeigenkampagne in der Westdeutschen Allgemeinen Zeitung (WAZ) und im Kicker im Frühjahr 1973 anwerben wollte. Immerhin haben sich auf diese Aktion nach Angaben von BMW rund 1.800 „Jupps“ gemeldet, von denen 300 Bewerber auf ihre Eignung geprüft wurden. Bis Oktober fanden schließlich 30 „Auswanderer“ einen neuen Arbeitsplatz. Danach stellte BMW die Werbekampagne nach eigenen Angaben wegen der ersten Energiekrise (1973/74) und der nachfolgenden Rezession ein. Nach einer Recherche in der Wochenzeitschrift Quick waren 1982 noch 25 Arbeitskräfte aus dem Ruhrgebiet beschäftigt.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

GaussianCopula posted:

Looks like refugees are not welcome in leftist areas of Berlin - 300 policemen have to protect the workers preparing refugee housing.

http://www.welt.de/politik/deutschland/article156444799/300-Polizisten-schuetzen-Bauarbeiter-in-der-Rigaer-Strasse.html

GaussianCopula posted:

What would happen if it were not leftists that terrorize Berlin every night to stop refugees living in "their" buildings but actual Nazis? Would people demand the Bundeswehr to be deputized to fight them?

For reference: http://www.faz.net/aktuell/politik/ambivalente-politik-berlins-zum-linksextremismus-14335740.html

hey remember when the resident nazi couldn't read? yeah about that
https://www.neues-deutschland.de/artikel/1018644.raeumung-ohne-grundlage.html

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

botany posted:

And who would that be again?

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

Duzzy Funlop posted:

And who would that be again?

Gaussian Copula, that's why I quoted him. I guess Riso too.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Den armen GaussianCopula als Nazi zu bezeichnen, nur weil er nichts anderes tut als vermeintliche Belege zu posten, daß "die Linken" als vage definiertes Ganzes eine Heuchlerbande seien, und sich jedes Mal diebisch zu freuen, daß ihm der Beweis mal wieder gelungen ist, obwohl er dafür zuverlässig selektiv zitieren, falsch zusammenfassen und aktiv lügen muß! Also wirklich!

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this
"Wireless fun-adaptor" you were speaking of.
http://www.vice.com/de/read/die-griesbach-aus-der-brd-dikatur-nach-russland-geflohen-kein-asyl-bekommen-leben-zu-acht-im-vw-bus

more sovereign citizens ready to leave the Schweinesystem

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:

I lost it here:

quote:

dass die Griesbachs sich als "humanes Beutegut" fühlen und Russland ihrer Meinung nach alte Kriegsschulden bzw. Kriegsverpflichtungen zu begleichen habe

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

My Lovely Horse posted:

Den armen GaussianCopula als Nazi zu bezeichnen, nur weil er nichts anderes tut als vermeintliche Belege zu posten, daß "die Linken" als vage definiertes Ganzes eine Heuchlerbande seien, und sich jedes Mal diebisch zu freuen, daß ihm der Beweis mal wieder gelungen ist, obwohl er dafür zuverlässig selektiv zitieren, falsch zusammenfassen und aktiv lügen muß! Also wirklich!

Bitte nicht das Kind mit dem Badewasser ausschütten! Der GaussianCopula hat ja im Ergebnis trotzdem recht, also kann man auch mal darüber hinwegsehen, dass er manchmal bei seiner Darlegung linker Verkommenheit schludert. :shrug:

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

"die Vernichtung der deutschen Kultur, die weitergehende Fälschung der deutschen Geschichte, was mittlerweile seit dem 15. Jahrhundert betrieben wird, welche den Kindern und Jugendlichen systematisch eingepflanzt wird."

Apparently the holy roman empire started falsifying german history, you guys.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

botany posted:

"die Vernichtung der deutschen Kultur, die weitergehende Fälschung der deutschen Geschichte, was mittlerweile seit dem 15. Jahrhundert betrieben wird, welche den Kindern und Jugendlichen systematisch eingepflanzt wird."

Gibt es da nicht so was wie die Phantomzeittheorie von irgendeinem Historiker zu? Geschichtswissenschaftler vor!

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

botany posted:

That article seems to straight up state that the Richter said that the owner could assert his rights and that he apparently just jumped the gun / didn't bother with this dumb legal stuff because lol Berlin ist eine Bananenrepublik.

quote:

Jedoch sei die Entscheidung des Gerichts auch nur ein »Zustand von kurzer Dauer«, so die Richterin. Denn der Eigentümer könne durchaus auf legalem Wege seine Besitzrechte geltend machen.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

That's the point though, he didn't do it "auf legalem Wege" and somehow got 300 police to join him whose entire purpose, hopeless romantic that I am, I would have assumed was to stop illegal things from going on.

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

Randler posted:

Gibt es da nicht so was wie die Phantomzeittheorie von irgendeinem Historiker zu? Geschichtswissenschaftler vor!

That theory actually is about a period between the 7th and 10th century, so clearly this falsification of german history started even earlier.

citybeatnik
Mar 1, 2013

You Are All
WEIRDOS

Ghost Farts posted:

Come on, son, as if we needed Americans to inspire completely retarded belief systems. Those have a long and proud tradition in our beautiful fatherland.

And oh man, you guys are in for a treat if you delve into the esoteric scene in Germany. There is so much absolutely insane poo poo that people genuinely believe and that is pretty widespread. Like, go to any supermarket right now and search for organic products, I guarantee you will easily find some that have crossed-out bar codes. Because, you see, bar codes actually poison you with radiation or something, but crossing them out negates that. :pseudo:

Also, watch Die Mondverschwörung, if you haven't already.

I kept running in to places in both Vienna and Berlin that were apparently talking about spiritualism and seances, but i assumed that was my German being absolute poo poo when i read the posters and names of the places. Are you telling me that this was a legit thing? Or as legit as it could be, i suppose.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:

citybeatnik posted:

I kept running in to places in both Vienna and Berlin that were apparently talking about spiritualism and seances, but i assumed that was my German being absolute poo poo when i read the posters and names of the places. Are you telling me that this was a legit thing? Or as legit as it could be, i suppose.

We have just as many witches here as you have. :haw:

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

:eyepop:

I can't stop laughing at the mental image of these imbeciles sitting in a Russian immigration office, while the workers are screaming and hurling insults at them(as is customary).

If they keep living in that van like hobos and doing all these publicity stunts, child protection is probably gonna take their kids away sooner or later and force vaccine them. :ohdear:

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

My Lovely Horse posted:

That's the point though, he didn't do it "auf legalem Wege" and somehow got 300 police to join him whose entire purpose, hopeless romantic that I am, I would have assumed was to stop illegal things from going on.

quote:

lol Berlin ist eine Bananenrepublik.

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this
"Wireless fun-adaptor" you were speaking of.

waitwhatno posted:

I can't stop laughing at the mental image of these imbeciles sitting in a Russian immigration office, while the workers are screaming and hurling insults at them(as is customary).

If they keep living in that van like hobos and doing all these publicity stunts, child protection is probably gonna take their kids away sooner or later and force vaccine them. :ohdear:

yea, the header should actually read "two paranoid shizophrenics kidnap six children"

Einbauschrank
Nov 5, 2009

botany posted:

About 10 years ago I heard pretty much the same thing from a co-student who later worked for the NPD in Schwerin. Seems to be a legit trope.

Babies Getting Rabies
Apr 21, 2007

Sugartime Jones

citybeatnik posted:

Nope, it's legit and I bet it's worse than you could possibly imagine. It's incredibly common in Germany. At first someone is just very organic, next they'll add some homeopathy and before you know it's seances, orgon radiation and whatever the gently caress else. Like genuinely believing that humans could easily live to be 150 or 200 years old, were it not for (pick any eso strawman). Which someone recently told me in earnest.

Germany has a long history of coming up and believing in the most retarded esoteric poo poo. Look at the culty poo poo freemasons believed back during the enlightenment. Or the same thing, but with the Nazis. Or antroposophy. I mean, for crying out loud, a successful supermarket organic, upmarket supermarket chain (tegut) plays classical music in their meat freezers because that's good for the meat and this somehow does not weird out the majority of people. What the gently caress

ArchangeI
Jul 15, 2010

waitwhatno posted:

If I remember right the reason they went in the first place is very heavily implied to have been child protection wanting to take the kids away.

One of them was six weeks old or so when they went.

az
Dec 2, 2005

Ghost Farts posted:

a successful supermarket organic, upmarket supermarket chain (tegut) plays classical music in their meat freezers because that's good for the meat

No Way :catstare:

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
Chapeau, Herr Böhmermann. Diese Runde geht an Sie. :v:

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!
Der Irre vom Bosporus, wie wir den Irren vom Bosporus Erdogan hier nennen,

Babies Getting Rabies
Apr 21, 2007

Sugartime Jones

az posted:

No Way :catstare:

Demeter, a biodynamic farming movement whose products you can buy in many German supermarkets, among them Tegut posted:

Vielmehr ist der Einsatz von biodynamischen Präparaten erforderlich. […] Dafür wird pulverisierter Quarz in ein Kuhhorn gefüllt und von Frühjahr bis Herbst im Boden eingegraben, damit es die kosmischen Kräfte speichert. Im Herbst ausgegraben, wird der feine Hornkiesel in Wasser rhythmisch verrührt (dynamisiert) und als Spritzpräparat in feinen Tröpfchen auf den Weinberg verteilt.

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

You just have to poke an educated middle class German and the crazy comes out. Impfskeptiker, Homöopathie, Osteopathie, magische Kristalle, diverse Energien, whatever. If you poke a stolid no-nonsense Ingenieur (FH) he probably doesn't believe in climate change, or has ideas about dä Jodn.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Probably about the Muslims, though. Isn't "no-nonsense Ingenieur (FH)" what you get when you make a cut through the middle of the AfD?

az
Dec 2, 2005

I spent yesterday helping a friend lay a new driveway and one of his buddies started talking to me about the weirdest conspiracy and new age poo poo, I don't even know what to call it anymore. Telepathy, astralprojection, Rothschildts and much more I'd never heard before. I didn't even start the discussion it was just sprung on me when I sat down for a smoke break. What's with you, IT people, and why do you think anybody wants to hear you talk about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

az posted:

What's with you, IT people, and why do you think anybody wants to hear you talk about it.

IT people are probably just better at finding discussion boards with the same weird stuff they're into so it reinforces their beliefs. Who knows.