Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

mrkillboy posted:

Fallout Shelter just got updated with a bunch of new crap like new locations, a new combat system and the ability to actually go outside your vault on quests to explore and get loot.

Wow, so... It's more like a game now? I don't even mean that as sarcastically as it sounds, I'm excited, if it's actually fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Wow, so... It's more like a game now? I don't even mean that as sarcastically as it sounds, I'm excited, if it's actually fun.

Yeah, apparently.

Here's a video of some of the new features:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARcCdhl8kXk

Arbitrary Number
Nov 10, 2012

Philosopher King posted:

So for mystic castle has someone fogured out best worker optimization for money? Is it smelting gold or setting up mats to sell that high end cloth stuff?

Selling is never worth it from what I've seen (mats are 1/3 of their buy value, and equipment even less I think). If you want money then smelting gold is best. If you want mats then it's cheaper to make everything yourself. I didn't take time into consideration, only workers per amount made.

tentacles
Nov 26, 2007
DotEmu just put most of its games on sale, which is nice because they've ported quite a few excellent classic titles from other platforms such as The Last Express, Another World, Little Big Adventure, Sanitarium and I Have No Mouth

That's right, mrkillboy, I went there. You think you're the only one who can sperg about Android game releases and sales? The nerve!

Also, the entire world is on fire about Pokemon Go and you lot are ignoring it entirely. What the dick?

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

tentacles posted:

Also, the entire world is on fire about Pokemon Go and you lot are ignoring it entirely. What the dick?

We're all posting about it in its thread rather than crushing this one

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Manky posted:

We're all posting about it in its thread rather than crushing this one

And also, it's a very limited release as of now. Apk be damned, it's not in Canada yet :negative:

tentacles
Nov 26, 2007
What? But that's our thing dammit! We play mobile games! Rassemfrassem kids and their threads

And yeah the delayed release thing is a pain in the pokebutts

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."

tentacles posted:

That's right, mrkillboy, I went there. You think you're the only one who can sperg about Android game releases and sales? The nerve!

Yeah well I got the scoop on some hot new Android game releases coming up that's gonna rock your socks off just you wait :argh:

Also Pokemon GO is literally everywhere right now so it's nice this thread has a bit of a respite from it.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

One of the finest adventure games ever made. The atmosphere is perfect, the characters are expressive, and the climax is incredible. Great voice acting, too; I could listen to Cath and Herr Schmidt banter all day.

thehoodie
Feb 8, 2011

"Eat something made with love and joy - and be forgiven"
If anyone is a fan of interactive novels, I highly recommend Delight Games. I've been playing it all day. First as a wizard, then as a teenager at zombie high school, and now as a drunk detective.

Android and iPhone links to the their full (unlockable) collection.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
There's a new Adventure Time Card Wars game out called Card Wars Kingdom to coincide with the new Card Wars episode from last week. Alas, along with straight up going F2P it looks like they've also redesigned the game to resemble Hearthstone much more than the incarnation in the last game or on the show, which is a shame.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Shine posted:

One of the finest adventure games ever made. The atmosphere is perfect, the characters are expressive, and the climax is incredible. Great voice acting, too; I could listen to Cath and Herr Schmidt banter all day.

If you are on the fence listen to the three moves ahead podcast episode on it. Its not just a pretty or well written game, its legitimately a masterpiece of game design.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Byolante posted:

If you are on the fence listen to the three moves ahead podcast episode on it. Its not just a pretty or well written game, its legitimately a masterpiece of game design.

Well, this just moved WAY up on my wishlist (not that I can actually put that list in an order)

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

Nimblebit, I appreciate that you're trying real hard to make the Tiny Tower VIP package more enticing. But 40 bucks is 40 bucks. If there were options for No-ads or auto-elevators separately I might eventually break down and buy them for a few bucks. I had the VIP packs from TTV and old TT, but weren't those like 15 or 20? I mean, I guess if you're actually getting purchases you've probably determined it's the best price to keep food on your tables, so that's cool, but I just can't look at it without balking at the idea.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.
Anyone playing Hearthstone installed via the Amazon store been able to update to the new version from the last few days? When I launch it says I need to update but then takes me to the Amazon store page with no update and just an Open button that repeats the cycle.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Trastion posted:

Anyone playing Hearthstone installed via the Amazon store been able to update to the new version from the last few days? When I launch it says I need to update but then takes me to the Amazon store page with no update and just an Open button that repeats the cycle.

Genuinely curious, not judging or anything but what would be the reason to get this game from the Amazon store instead of through the Play store? Or vice-versa, I guess.

Enigma
Jun 10, 2003
Raetus Deus Est.

Genuinely curious, not judging or anything but what would be the reason to get this game from the Amazon store instead of through the Play store? Or vice-versa, I guess.

If installed via Amazon, you can use Amazon coins for purchases. Coins often go on sale or have rebates (like get back 20% of what you spend), which can mean much better deals.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

Exactly what Enigma said. I actually switched the install from Play to Amazon to spends some coins on it a while back. I had like 20,000 coins from all the free coins stuff that was posted on the forums here a couple years ago. Still have about 1500+ coins I think.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Unless they changed when they changed their app store, Amazon apps are always at least 1 version behind, and frequently 2 or more.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Trastion posted:

Exactly what Enigma said. I actually switched the install from Play to Amazon to spends some coins on it a while back. I had like 20,000 coins from all the free coins stuff that was posted on the forums here a couple years ago. Still have about 1500+ coins I think.

Wow, that's awesome. Thanks for the info (and also thanks, Enigma!)

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Arbitrary Number posted:

Selling is never worth it from what I've seen (mats are 1/3 of their buy value, and equipment even less I think). If you want money then smelting gold is best. If you want mats then it's cheaper to make everything yourself. I didn't take time into consideration, only workers per amount made.

I've been playing this very sporadically, but I'm at the point where I need to make Dark Steel to upgrade my last two troops and on the stage where there's a hut you can go out to that sells it for 150 coins a pop and so I've decided to try going full-force into coin production since it seems like that's a better deal than trying to make the iron to make the steel to make the dark steel. The only issue is you have to have the physical bagspace to carry them, and each item needs around 80 dark steel a piece.

The 150 coins is the same price it costs to buy 10 steel from the market (15 coins each) which might be a better use of resources since you don't have to leave the village for it.

Enigma
Jun 10, 2003
Raetus Deus Est.

Potsticker posted:

I've been playing this very sporadically, but I'm at the point where I need to make Dark Steel to upgrade my last two troops and on the stage where there's a hut you can go out to that sells it for 150 coins a pop and so I've decided to try going full-force into coin production since it seems like that's a better deal than trying to make the iron to make the steel to make the dark steel. The only issue is you have to have the physical bagspace to carry them, and each item needs around 80 dark steel a piece.

The 150 coins is the same price it costs to buy 10 steel from the market (15 coins each) which might be a better use of resources since you don't have to leave the village for it.

I think that after you finish the level you are on you can just buy it for the same price from the market without having to leave town or juggle inventory.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

tentacles posted:

What? But that's our thing dammit! We play mobile games! Rassemfrassem kids and their threads
You're not missing much, that Pokemon GO thread is repetitive as gently caress right now and I have to skim past most of the posts. Even then I still end up like 300 more posts behind every time I look at my bookmarks

The funny thing is I've played a lot of mobile games that were a lot more generous but it's Pokemon so nobody really gives a gently caress how stingy it is

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I say salesmen and women of the world unite!

Kheldarn posted:

Unless they changed when they changed their app store, Amazon apps are always at least 1 version behind, and frequently 2 or more.

Hearthstone is the same version in both app stores (5.2.13557).

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

If any goons are playing Kritika come join this guild (KritikalKrew) I apparently took from a pubbie. I may make a thread, but for now just join if you want. If it's full, pm me and I'll kick the non-goons. You get buffs and whatnot.

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

CrashCat posted:

The funny thing is I've played a lot of mobile games that were a lot more generous but it's Pokemon so nobody really gives a gently caress how stingy it is

Yeah this game is like, kinda pricey. I've already spent $20 mostly on egg incubators alone. It's also the first time I've actually considered going fuckit and buying the $100 coin pack because if I'm heading there anyway, why not get the bonus coins?

I can even justify it by that I'm using it instead of getting a gym membership for a while :v:

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Vykk.Draygo posted:

Hearthstone is the same version in both app stores (5.2.13557).

Well, that's good to know. AFAIK, that was the biggest issue with the Amazon store.

HelloWinter
May 27, 2012

"Hey, Nagito, what'cha
thinkin' about?"

"Oh, y'know. Murder stuff."

Boten Anna posted:

Yeah this game is like, kinda pricey. I've already spent $20 mostly on egg incubators alone. It's also the first time I've actually considered going fuckit and buying the $100 coin pack because if I'm heading there anyway, why not get the bonus coins?

I can even justify it by that I'm using it instead of getting a gym membership for a while :v:

That would be my justification as well, truth be told. But it's better to just strap down your wallet from buying anything, unless you live in an extremely rural town that has minimal pokemon/pokestop sources...

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
There's a Suicide Squad FPS out because marketing.

The game is actually not half bad. It does seem to contain minor spoilers for the movie though.

mrkillboy fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Jul 15, 2016

Arbitrary Number
Nov 10, 2012

Potsticker posted:

I can buy dark steel for 150 coins in the market for. I'm pretty sure it was there as soon as I could make it. e: or was it the next level?

I did the calculations and 11 coins cost 10 bread, while steel costs 8 bread so buying dark steel costs 140 bread while making it costs 80. Dark steel takes more workers to make (every three workers could have been making another bread), but it's still cheaper. It's the same for every other resource that I've gotten to (I'm at level 5)

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets
If you ever played pirate-themed RTS Age of Booty on the Xbox 360 or PS3, its turn-based mobile version, Age of Booty: Tactics has arrived on Android.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQ1wKmjbtKo

It's free to download, but has a "Season Pass" for :10bux: (I just chucked my Google survey funnymoney at it :shrug:). There's also a cash shop, but it doesn't seem particularly necessary?

Alehkhs fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Jul 15, 2016

eeenmachine
Feb 2, 2004

BUY MORE CRABS
Anyone who likes clickers should definitely take Egg Inc for a spin, I was in on the beta and it is super polished and the first clicker that actually "clicked" for me.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.auxbrain.egginc

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

eeenmachine posted:

Anyone who likes clickers should definitely take Egg Inc for a spin, I was in on the beta and it is super polished and the first clicker that actually "clicked" for me.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.auxbrain.egginc

What makes it better/different from other clickers? I play Adventure Capitalist and got bored of that real quick.

eeenmachine
Feb 2, 2004

BUY MORE CRABS

Morpheus posted:

What makes it better/different from other clickers? I play Adventure Capitalist and got bored of that real quick.

Like I said I haven't spent a ton of time with other clickers but sitting there spawning hundreds of chickens and having them flock into the houses while shooting down the drones that fly over your farm is pretty fun.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Boten Anna posted:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.keceramr.geopets

the guy who made this AR pokemon knockoff game over a year ago.... well

https://www.facebook.com/geopetsapp/photos/a.545029135683420.1073741830.510659095787091/588372461349087/?type=3

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

Judging by the screens, that game is probably a much better game than Pokemon go, heh

Success breeds imitation, it will be interesting to see the kinds of horrible me-too attempted cashins people make AFTER the post. I wonder how long until someone reverse engineers the API and makes an AR game on top of the AR game Pokemon Go so you can basically play Pokemon Go while doing something with a more detailed battle system or some crap, and Niantec gets really mad about it :v:

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

Boten Anna posted:

Success breeds imitation, it will be interesting to see the kinds of horrible me-too attempted cashins people make AFTER the post.

Yes. This. I am in business grad school and everyone wants to make "the next uber for XXXX." I can't imagine what dumb poo poo people will probably try to do with this.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Boten Anna posted:

Judging by the screens, that game is probably a much better game than Pokemon go, heh

Success breeds imitation, it will be interesting to see the kinds of horrible me-too attempted cashins people make AFTER the post. I wonder how long until someone reverse engineers the API and makes an AR game on top of the AR game Pokemon Go so you can basically play Pokemon Go while doing something with a more detailed battle system or some crap, and Niantec gets really mad about it :v:
It didn't take long for people to poo poo out "map" programs:

and I think some of these 'guides' were made before it was even out of beta

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

The scaling seems poor. I've got a level 50 dude with a 25 base damage gun, straight 10 specials, and he made it 30 minutes in the wasteland because 25 stimpacks later he only took 70% damage off of a deathclaw in the mini dungeon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Redungeon is pretty fun. Think Crossy Road, but in a dungeon where you avoid things like spikes, pits, and stereotypical RPG monsters. The graphics and sound are pretty good, and it runs very smoothly with responsive controls. You can collect coins in the dungeons and use them to unlock new characters and character upgrades. So far I've unlocked two characters and the first upgrade for each of them; they play somewhat differently and I'm semi-interested to see how varied the rest of the characters and upgrades are.

The downside I've found so far is that it throws a REALLY LOUD AD at you every couple of runs. I turned off the in-game music but left the sound effects on, and the ads seem WAY louder than the sound effects. This really turns me off from wanting to spend money on the game, just because it feels disrespectful.