Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rahhmi
Aug 18, 2015

GO WEEDJI!

[05/28/2016 12:40:42 AM] Pulse: don't stir up my
personal drama, please

Employee 2-4601 posted:

Holy poo poo a goon just apologized in-game for doing something stupid.

Totally a reddit spy,.

Prove it. And have him link his introduction post....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

fakemirage posted:

Sounds good to me!

Any idea when it will start?

There's no time listed, but I'm sure I'll catch wind of it soon.

Darthmeow, the guy who routinely gets triggered by anything and everything Dental, has jumped into the frey in the Anton thread:

quote:

And the reputation / public image of Dental drops a little more. As many people were offended by their actions at Mr Nimoy's in-game memorial, you'd think they would have learned their lesson. Alas, before the damage is even healed to the one foot here they are preparing to shoot the other one. As more players witness such behavior, the ragged aura of plausible deniability regarding their nature is further stripped away and they are exposed for exactly the sort of people they are.

To others, I can only say: Ignore to the best of your ability and do not react nor respond to them. Where you find them being disruptive, simply take screenshots and switch instances. Do not give them the pleasure of reacting in anger or showing them they have upset you. They are attention-seekers, and getting under your skin is what they want. Don't give it to them.​​

Also, for the record let me state to Nbreeki and the Dental people, though I have learned through experience that they will neither listen nor care:

If holding a "celebration" in the vein of an Irish wake or New Orleans jazz funeral were the only goal, the ideal way to handle it would be to limit such activities to one instance if possible and no more than necessary if more people attend than a single instance can hold. That way, those who wish to commemorate the occasion in such a way may do so and others who wish a more solemn affair may also do so in peace. Had that been done at Mr Nimoy's in-game memorial, few would have had any issue with it.

However, it is quite clear that if the "celebration" spans multiple instances to the point it is difficult if not possible to avoid, as it was with Mr Nimoy's event, then it becomes more than clear that the intent is to disrupt. Let us see actions speak the truth that mere words can obscure.​​

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Employee 2-4601 posted:

Holy poo poo a goon just apologized in-game for doing something stupid.

Totally a reddit spy,.

It was a magical moment made all the better by everyone waiting for a punchline that never came.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Turn up to the memorial with grey skinned aliens dressed entirely in pink and purple. Instructions clear.

Or Mexican national colors and say it's the day of the dead and time to celebrate.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
Chekov didn't really die. When he got hit by his jeep, Daniels whisked him away so he could become a temporal agent. It all makes sense, now.

STO user rcassandrasaturn posted: posted:

All players who will be here must be dressed in grey uniform similar to Star Trek Into Darkness’s uniform

Make sure to come in your best Nazi cosplay

Tuskin38
May 1, 2013

Have you seen these posts?
They're pretty popular on Reddit.
I really like the Kelvin Timeline Phasers FX especially when using Fire at Will.

Free uniform next week

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10073423-kelvin-admiral-uniform-giveaway

Tuskin38 fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Jul 14, 2016

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

DonDoodles posted:

Cassandra Saturn is hosting an in-game memorial event for Anton Yelchin next Thursday.

As always, I offered my support, and, as always, trolls are going to troll. The thread has been derailed.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline/#/discussion/1218792/memorial-service-for-anton-yelchin-july-21st-2016

I think we should brave the trolls and have an official Starfleet Dental honor guard there to pay respects.

And now after having it pointed out that 0400 doesn't mean 4pm:

quote:

yes i know. i have noticed my mixup with the time. i have corrected it. it happens with being woman. i get time mixed up from working on Memorial details so many times. i simply forgot.

:stare:

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

:biotruths:

Tuskin38
May 1, 2013

'i am Deaf Transgender girl.'

Wouldn't that mean, that genetically, she is male? So what would female genetics have to do with it.

Roseo
Jun 1, 2000
Forum Veteran

DonDoodles posted:

Darthmeow, the guy who routinely gets triggered by anything and everything Dental, has jumped into the frey in the Anton thread:

I'm tempted to make an alt named Beep Beep I'm a Jeep for the festivities.

Tuskin38
May 1, 2013

Roseo posted:

Isn't that a little too far?

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
It's fine

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Tuskin38 posted:

Isn't that a little too far?
Nah, it's just rolling a little bit down the driveway.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

I like the sincere post suggesting that the Devs decided to launch the new uniforms in time as a response to the memorial.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Mission failure.

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime
I love Cassandra Saturn threads.

LordCo
Jun 25, 2005

July 21st is the 12th anniversary of the death of Jerry Goldsmith, who composed the scores to 5 of the trek films.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jerry_Goldsmith

We should hold a celebration of this man's life and contributions to trek. Let's say at SF Academy at 16:00 GMT on the 21st?

I'm sure Anton and Cassandra Saturn wouldn't mind.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
OK, just wanting to double check that the Skill Build wiki guide is now working as intended for all goons.

https://wiki.wesleyguide.com/skillz_4_goonz

Have a look and feel free to provide any feedback or required changes.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Roseo posted:

I already had that idea in mumble :smuggo:

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

LordCo posted:

July 21st is the 12th anniversary of the death of Jerry Goldsmith, who composed the scores to 5 of the trek films.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jerry_Goldsmith

We should hold a celebration of this man's life and contributions to trek. Let's say at SF Academy at 16:00 GMT on the 21st?

I'm sure Anton and Cassandra Saturn wouldn't mind.

That sounds like a great idea. A way to celebrate the lives of two very important figures in Trek. Since Cassandra is using GMT to schedule the celebration, I wonder if he realizes that his memorial would start at something like 9:00 am in his local time zone.

Jxforema
Sep 23, 2005
long live the Space Pope
Matt Jefferies also died on july 21

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
Is anyone using Wine to run this POS? Supposedly it runs fine in Wine 1.9.12 but it won't work for me in 1.9.14.

LordCo
Jun 25, 2005

Jxforema posted:

Matt Jefferies also died on july 21

Ok, here everyone connected with trek who packed it in on the 21st:

Jerry Goldsmith (2004)
Matt Jefferies (2003)
Theodore Bikel (2015)
Tony Epper (2012) - Drunk Klingon in DS9:Apocalypse Rising
Lloyd Kino (2012) - Wu in TOS:The Omega Glory

Plus... James Doohan died the day before in 2005.

Memorials Spheres for all.

Oh.. from the same Cassandra Saturn thread, here's a link to a conveniently customizable Anton Yelchin skin based on an alien build: https://www.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/4sbn1w/anton_yelchin_tribute_bridge_officer/

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

LordCo posted:

Ok, here everyone connected with trek who packed it in on the 21st:

Jerry Goldsmith (2004)
Matt Jefferies (2003)
Theodore Bikel (2015)
Tony Epper (2012) - Drunk Klingon in DS9:Apocalypse Rising
Lloyd Kino (2012) - Wu in TOS:The Omega Glory

Plus... James Doohan died the day before in 2005.

Memorials Spheres for all.

Oh.. from the same Cassandra Saturn thread, here's a link to a conveniently customizable Anton Yelchin skin based on an alien build: https://www.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/4sbn1w/anton_yelchin_tribute_bridge_officer/

That doesn't look like Anton Yelchin though

reagan
Apr 29, 2008

by Lowtax
I think I just broke my character by transwarping out of the TOS spacedock into The Core of the Matter before I finished the Battle of Cestus. Really wish I could just stay in TOS land.

Roadie
Jun 30, 2013

reagan posted:

I think I just broke my character by transwarping out of the TOS spacedock into The Core of the Matter before I finished the Battle of Cestus. Really wish I could just stay in TOS land.

All wise STO players re-grind the opening TOS missions a bunch of times anyway to stock up on TOS training manuals/doffs/gear.

LordCo
Jun 25, 2005

hakimashou posted:

That doesn't look like Anton Yelchin though

I don't think that's a prerequisite in this game

Tuskin38
May 1, 2013

LordCo posted:

I don't think that's a prerequisite in this game

He doesn't look like that anymore.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Tuskin38 posted:

He doesn't look like that anymore.

they didn't update the models in night of the comet last I checked.

Cutedge
Mar 13, 2006

How can we lose so much more than we had before

But there should only be one master Scotty model and then everything would just reference tha....

oh wait.

:cryptic:

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

Cutedge posted:

But there should only be one master Scotty model and then everything would just reference tha....

oh wait.

:cryptic:

Crisis of Infinite Scottys

IPCRESS
May 27, 2012

Ludicro posted:

Goons, please submit entries for the new thread title.

Possibly late, but Season 12: Jeep notwithstanding, the dead pool was for TOS cast only.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
Well poo poo, if we're going with Yelchin jokes

Star Trek Online: Emergency Power to Jeep

fakemirage
Nov 6, 2012

Can't see the haters.

DonDoodles posted:

salazarraze posted:

rcassandrasaturn posted:

Memorial will commerce at 4 PM [1600 GMT] (early goers are welcome)
So just to clarify OP, the memorial start time appears to be right in the middle of typical weekly server maintenance, unless I'm mistaken.
Speaking of CassandraSaturn, they did hold (are holding?) a giveaway for a T6 Connie ship:

https://twitter.com/Official_STOI/status/752742776400261120

All you have to do is sign up to the STO wiki killer STOI.

That caveat? Well... they don't actually have the ship.

stoi posted:

just a update. after opening few KT lockboxes, the EC resources have become little more difficult for me to get more keys. i must ask for your patience and assistance if you could please help out. i know that you have some questions to ask, so i will take the questions ingame. expect to see me online today :)

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Dunno if anyone caught this but

"This year marks the 50th anniversary of Star Trek, and we’ll be celebrating the occasion in a number of ways!

One of those ways involves the arrival of new content inspired by the recently rebooted Star Trek film franchise. There will be new “Kelvin Timeline” starships, consoles, traits, officers, training manuals, gear, and uniforms!"

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

hakimashou posted:

Dunno if anyone caught this but

"This year marks the 50th anniversary of Star Trek, and we’ll be celebrating the occasion in a number of ways!

One of those ways involves the arrival of new content inspired by the recently rebooted Star Trek film franchise. There will be new “Kelvin Timeline” starships, consoles, traits, officers, training manuals, gear, and uniforms!"
We already got all that in the lockbox. :ssh: Well except the officer, he came with the AOY promo pack thing.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Yeah, pretty sure that was written prior to the lockbox release and nobody got around to updating it for this announcement.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Aw

Pioneer42
Jun 8, 2010

Roadie posted:

All wise STO players re-grind the opening TOS missions a bunch of times anyway to stock up on TOS training manuals/doffs/gear.

So before I get to much further through the TOS era, are there any items in particular I should stock up on that would be useful for my main character?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Pioneer42 posted:

So before I get to much further through the TOS era, are there any items in particular I should stock up on that would be useful for my main character?

Training manuals for every bridge officer skill, multiples. That way you can train officers you get later in 23C stuff.

• Locked thread