Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

turboraton
Aug 28, 2011

Cythereal posted:

Nice meltdown. Be sure to post it on CivFanatics.

Don't be hating on the guy for posting his opinions when you went batshit crazy with paid mods and claimed yourself "A modder" for doing 2 or 3 brony/anime civilizations. Guy is just enthusiastic about stuff and I can relate to that since I am waiting for my Inca guys.

EDIT: It's a c/p by the way.

turboraton fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Jul 14, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

hopeandjoy posted:

Does anyone know yet what the difference between the special edition and the standard edition is, other than one giving Firaxis $20 more?

I think the special edition comes with a pass for the first 4 DLCs, but there hasn't really been anything solid yet.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

hopeandjoy posted:

Does anyone know yet what the difference between the special edition and the standard edition is, other than one giving Firaxis $20 more?

It's listed on Steam's Civilization VI store page, but you have to expand the section that talks about the Steam Controller bundle first.

Four post-launch DLC packs and a 25th anniversary digital soundtrack. DLC is possibly all like Civ V civilization DLC, possibly some straight map packs, could even be a snowball's chance in hell for leader packs. Details are a while off.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Gabriel Pope posted:

Collapses into anarchy every time a new technological era is reached.

E: UB: Overpowered Nationalist Mod. Builds UUs of random Civs not present in the game, with an additional 20% strength modifier "for realism"

"Yes, but the people of Greater Western Bogravia defeated the armies of Greater Eastern Bogravia at the famous Battle of Brnvz in 1357. Therefore my mod gives them doubled attack strength in flat and rough terrain. Their unique building, the Bog Hall, provides bonus food, culture, production, science, hapiness, defence, XP, faith and world council votes."

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:
Civfanatics classics

Cleopatra is greek not Egyptian
Alexander is Macedonian *frothing rage* suggests greek dictator as replacement
Germany didn't exist until the 1800s should only use modern leaders
Why is it called England instead of Britian?
Really, Really, Really mad about Brazil being in but brings up not liking America in as a deflection
Female leader? Didn't actually rule country *ignores literally all the guys who did nothing but fight and die or never lead a country* Unprovoked rant about pc culture
And finally ,why is (Native ,African, SE Asian) civ here should be another Rome Civ or obscure Eastern European ethnic group

edit: I know I missed a bunch.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

SirKibbles posted:

edit: I know I missed a bunch.

You forgot something about implementing slavery.

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man
These leaks are kind of cool but it seems to indicate a stunning lack of native american civs. :(

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

My hope is that unknown civ #2 is actually Great Sioux.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Wait Catherine de Medici is French? I thought she was presumably related to, like, Lorenzo.

E: Ok looks like she was, she just ended up married to a French guy.

Urgh, I was hoping for some mega scheming Italian republic action.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Proposition Joe posted:

These leaks are kind of cool but it seems to indicate a stunning lack of native american civs. :(

As long as their abilities are better than the Iroquois's.

sarmhan posted:

My hope is that unknown civ #2 is actually Great Sioux.

Didn't they talk to someone from that tribe and the tribe didn't want to be in it or am I thinking of something else?

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Grapplejack posted:

As long as their abilities are better than the Iroquois's.

Didn't they talk to someone from that tribe and the tribe didn't want to be in it or am I thinking of something else?
That was Pueblo, IIRC. And it had to do with the language being sacred.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

If they really don't have any Native American civs in vanilla, I'm wondering if it points to some kind of nomadic mechanic in an expansion. I don't know how it'd be fun, but it would be cool if they could pull it off.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

This was back in the development of BNW too

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
I don't disagree with the point about Victoria being an English leader instead of a British leader. :britain:

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

SirKibbles posted:

Civfanatics classics

Cleopatra is greek not Egyptian
Alexander is Macedonian *frothing rage* suggests greek dictator as replacement
These two are best next to each other :v:

Ulvino
Mar 20, 2009

Ghostlight posted:

These two are best next to each other :v:

I'm betting that if Cleopatra was the greek leader instead some people would literally go :psyboom:.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Ulvino posted:

I'm betting that if Cleopatra was the greek leader instead some people would literally go :psyboom:.

Even more fun: make Theodora or Justinian the Roman leader.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Cythereal posted:

Oh my yes. :awesome:

Celery Face
Feb 18, 2012

Cythereal posted:

Or make Catherine The Great the German leader.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Another fun one: make a Native American leader the American leader.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Cythereal posted:

Another fun one: make a Native American leader the American leader.

I vote for Tecumseh or Powhatan.

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

canyoneer posted:

I vote for Tecumseh or Powhatan.

king phillip

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

I swear that 1/3rd of civfanatics are the last remaining members of obscure European or Mediterranean ethnic groups who think that the only way they will be remembered is when our ancestors find a copy of Civilization 1000 years from now.

berryjon
May 30, 2011

I have an invasion to go to.

AriadneThread posted:

king phillip

Emperor Norton. :smug:

blackmongoose
Mar 31, 2011

DARK INFERNO ROOK!
Sumeria's leader should really be Saddam Hussein tbh

Glass of Milk
Dec 22, 2004
to forgive is divine
I refuse to play unless they put the great California Republic in as a civ with Emperor Norton as the leader.

berryjon posted:

Emperor Norton. :smug:

Beaten

berryjon
May 30, 2011

I have an invasion to go to.

Glass of Milk posted:

I refuse to play unless they put the great California Republic in as a civ with Emperor Norton as the leader.

I just checked the Workshop - there is no Emperor Norton mod for Civ 5.

Kumaton
Mar 6, 2013

OWLBEARS, SON
They should do what they do with India and have a spiritual/social figurehead be the Civ's leader instead of an actual head of state. My vote is for Martin Luther King for America.

Savage For The Winjun
Jun 27, 2008

I just want FDR, so he can slowly get out of his wheelchair and hobble a step towards the camera when war is declared

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf

Kumaton posted:

They should do what they do with India and have a spiritual/social figurehead be the Civ's leader instead of an actual head of state. My vote is for Martin Luther King for America.

What if he forward-settled me? I don't know how I'd deal with it.

logger
Jun 28, 2008

...and in what manner the Ancyent Marinere came back to his own Country.
Soiled Meat

Cythereal posted:

More fun than that: Make Suleiman the Roman leader.

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

No no wait I got one that'll blow your minds. Y'all ready?

Hitler as Germany's leader! :rms:

Kumaton
Mar 6, 2013

OWLBEARS, SON

Negrostrike posted:

Hitler as Germany's leader! :rms:

I thought the goal here was to piss off CivFanatics, though?

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

Kumaton posted:

I thought the goal here was to piss off CivFanatics, though?

Oops you're right.

Ok, MacArthur as Japan's leader. :japan:

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
Make Warsaw a City-State and never change it in any future expansion or sequel and pull BNW off every store shelf.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Echo Chamber posted:

Make Warsaw a City-State and never change it in any future expansion or sequel and pull BNW off every store shelf.

A series of patches that secretly and gradually change the combat bonus for the Winged Hussar until the unit is poo poo, see when they notice

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Any guesses on what Gandhi is going to be able to do this time around?

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea
I kinda want him to get bonuses for being at peace. If they're going to make his AI that way they should reward him for it.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Gort posted:

I kinda want him to get bonuses for being at peace. If they're going to make his AI that way they should reward him for it.

Can't wait to attack Gandhi for being too peaceful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea
I have to kill him - I just hate his freedom so much