Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
Are those like the original names? They're pretty funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

MacheteZombie posted:

The rumor is Elizabeth Banks character is the Green Ranger while also being Rita.

Isn't that just because she's wearing green, and like one thing vaguely shaped like a Rangers thing?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Hat Thoughts posted:

Are those like the original names? They're pretty funny.

It was the 90s, my friend.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

It was the 90s, my friend.

Those names + the intensity those posters are going for is a magic combination.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

caligulamprey posted:

Thank God the acid doesn't effect those sweet nips.

Great movie, but that billing is even funnier.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

Isn't that just because she's wearing green, and like one thing vaguely shaped like a Rangers thing?

Probably. I've really only seen the rumor passed around here since I don't follow other boards.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Hat Thoughts posted:

Those names + the intensity those posters are going for is a magic combination.

Bryan Cranston says this movie is gonna be like The Dark Knight to the series' '66 Batman, and while I hope it's not quite that dark, it's going to be something to behold either way.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

LeJackal posted:

Nobody cares about sports movies. Nobody.

I would agree but goddamn do I like boxing movies. Even Diggstown and Undisputed

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

LeJackal with a stupid opinon? Why I never...

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

So they switch Black and Blue so we don't have a Black Black Ranger?

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
I actually appreciate that they kept the names without casting the same races. That's kinda neat.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I like that they ran into the problem of not being able to make something glow black so Zack's poster is just his face.

DarkSol
May 18, 2006

Gee, I wish we had one of them doomsday machines.

Peanut President posted:

So they switch Black and Blue so we don't have a Black Black Ranger?

Hi-Technical Ranger?

TVGM
Mar 17, 2005

"It is not moral, it is not acceptable, and it is not sustainable that the top one-tenth of 1 percent now owns almost as much wealth as the bottom 90 percent"

Yam Slacker

Guessing he's going to try to get Auto-Pilot for his Zord in the sequel.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

The MSJ posted:

Transformers: The Last Knight has its billboard out in Times Square pretty early. It's still about a year away.

Excited to see Optimus Prime fight Mecha King Ghidorah.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

They switch Black and Blue as a precautionary move but leave the Asian girl as yellow.
Oh well.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Inzombiac posted:

They switch Black and Blue as a precautionary move but leave the Asian girl as yellow.
Oh well.

Becky G is Mexican-American.

KinkyJohn
Sep 19, 2002

Waffleman_ posted:

I like that they ran into the problem of not being able to make something glow black so Zack's poster is just his face.

Well if you simply go and apply a color with hue/saturation, black would have no effect because it's desaturated.

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

The MSJ posted:

Becky G is Mexican-American.

I believe it's the new black ranger who is Asian in the new movie.

I'd laugh my rear end off if it actually does go dark as gently caress. Like, turn it into a live action version of Evangelion, about how a military power conscripts emotionally damaged teens to pilot robot weapons against monsters, and they're all deeply traumatized by the experience.

Somehow, despite Bryan Cranston's claim to the contrary, I doubt it'll go to any particularly complex moral or thematic areas.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

That is loving dope.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

The storm troopers were having a helluva sweet vacation until those pesky rebels showed up.

While I was in the bioscoop today I saw a really silly poster. It was one of those gigantic posters for Bad Moms featuring the three main characters flipping the bird. Except they mosiaced the hands. It's okay, marketing department, I am sure we can handle seeing those middle fingers over here! Maybe it's just an attempt to cover up poor photoshoppery? Who knows.
Edit: Found a version of it. Imagine it at a size that is several times your computer screen.

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Jul 15, 2016

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

That works really well in thumbnail. It looks like people on a beach and I can't even see the Stormtroopers.

(My eyesight kind of sucks though.)

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

That Star Wars poster :barf:

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Is that for real?

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

If the Death Star were that large in the sky the planet/moon would have to be so small it couldn't have an atmo- STAR WARS.

Maybe it's meant to be symbolic not literal. Like Mufasa looking down on Simba from the sky.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

That's the Death Star's Force Ghost.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Forget the size of the death star it's the rebels running that is the terrible part.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

kiimo posted:

Forget the size of the death star it's the rebels running that is the terrible part.

They're dancing. Those aren't blasters, they're lasers.

Lucasfilm has already done pulp adventure and sci-fi, it's time to bring back the Beach Party genre.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Man, I hadn't even gotten to the composition of the beach.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

If I had time I'd put Annette Funicello in there.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

kiimo posted:

If I had time I'd put Annette Funicello in there.

Turns out that Frankie Avalon is the mystery person in the bacta tank from the last trailer.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

The more I stare at the runnin' rebels of unlv the angrier I get.

Some rear end in a top hat in the lightbox looking at proofs like, let's put people and a droid at a light sprint to the ocean and blasters firing at them from some Stormtrooper here, walking on the water. Perfect.

Ugh, it is so bad. It's such a casual jog, too. The body language suggests they have about 300 yards of open field to jog through to get to the fight. Instead they might as well be lightly jogging off a cliff.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Is your argument they are running to their deaths too slowly?

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Also its spelled "rogue" not rouge

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Someone needs to photoshop Sonic and Knuckles standing in front of it.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Mierenneuker posted:

The storm troopers were having a helluva sweet vacation until those pesky rebels showed up.

I'll have you know it's those damned stormtroopers crashing the sweet beach party

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

I'll have you know it's those damned stormtroopers crashing the sweet beach party

It's so.....beautiful.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

Oh poo poo, we got to clean up before Tarkin gets home!

e: wait its a beach party not a party party

uhh
clean up the sand, on the... death star..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I'm nitpicking but that's what this thread is for so here we go.

The first problem is that they're running at all. The second is the type of running which doesn't at all match the environment, I feel like people put their elbows up and high-knee it like stock photos of Normandy. The third is that is clearly a deeper ocean than six inches where the stormtroopers are standing. It's just hacked together.

edit:

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

fuckin :lol: