Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Plan Z
May 6, 2012

One thing I've never been clear on: Does it matter what units you kill if you just keep going after the "you won" message pops up? I always tend to chase down the enemy Lord if I can, but I'm just curious if I'm wasting time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

In Greenskin campaign Grimgor got the trait "Fears Greenskins".

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Plan Z posted:

One thing I've never been clear on: Does it matter what units you kill if you just keep going after the "you won" message pops up?

Yes.

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow

unwantedplatypus posted:

Not having harpies will definitely hurt the most. As it seems like they'd be similar to fell bats, which are very useful.

On the bright side, there's always the bretonnian peasantry to masturbate to

At least Kemmler can still have his vampire harem

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.

Kainser posted:

At least Kemmler can still have his vampire harem

He needs no filthy vampire harem, just his bone bro Krell.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
It seems kind of funny that the guy bitching about $18 for a new army used to be a tabletop player

Mate you've literally spent $100's on armies, shut the gently caress up

4th Horseman
Jun 3, 2011
Can I say I think 17 bucks is too high so gently caress that I'm not buying it.

I thought the blood pack was nickel and dime bullshit too, I can't imagine if that becomes de riguer for games. People ate that poo poo up though, including this thread, just because the rest of the game was so good.

Orv
May 4, 2011
$19 is crazy for one faction given the wholly variable level of quality of the mini-campaigns from R2 and Attila. I'm sure three or whatever years from now I can pick everything that comes out up for $100 or whatever but if they're going to go $19 for every single faction that's completely insane.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Hey if you don't play the TT i'm not going to make fun of you, but if you do i'm going to laugh because this is literally about 20 times cheaper than whatever the TT guys spent on a single army, not including paint.

Orv
May 4, 2011
I don't TT no, but either way "They're only extorting us a little" is a terrible way to look at it.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
19 bucks is a somewhat steep price, it may be worth it if the mini-campaign is good enough, but I think I'm going to wait for it to go on sale, not in a hurry honestly.

peer
Jan 17, 2004

this is not what I wanted
All this shows is that by DLC pricing standards, Age of Charlemagne was astonishingly good value.

edit: speaking of AoC, apparently

quote:

adding the Jabberslythe alone would have been as costly as all the artwork that went into Charlemagne.

peer fucked around with this message at 12:19 on Jul 15, 2016

Lassitude
Oct 21, 2003

Archonex posted:

So are we getting new units in the other factions too? It's mentioned in their old DLC blog plans that it would happen.

Because if so, all I have to say is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCr-RAVozAM

I haven't seen it mentioned officially but the beastmen campaign is about Boris Todbringer's rivalry with Khazrak. I would not be at all surprised if the Empire ends up with Todbringer as a LL.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
Todbringer is currently in game as the count of Middenland, it would be weird if he was added to the Empire.

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/180618/quick-q-a-call-of-the-beastmen/

What I found interesting:

quote:

For example, adding the Jabberslythe alone would have been as costly as all the artwork that went into Charlemagne.

Which probably is 100% accurate. Not very promising for factions like lizardmen though which would be 100% new skeletons and have a lot of unique ones.

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

Kainser posted:

Which probably is 100% accurate. Not very promising for factions like lizardmen though which would be 100% new skeletons and have a lot of unique ones.

Lizardmen are probably going to be on hold until game 2 or 3 though.

Skaven on the other hand...

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor

quote:

Lore of Beasts wizards can summon Manticores to battle and Lore of The Wild Bray-Shamans can summon towering Cygors

:captainpop:

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

Orv posted:

$19 is crazy for one faction given the wholly variable level of quality of the mini-campaigns from R2 and Attila. I'm sure three or whatever years from now I can pick everything that comes out up for $100 or whatever but if they're going to go $19 for every single faction that's completely insane.

ya especially since I only get $20 a month for allowance from my mom

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Kainser posted:

That beastpath map is looking rad as gently caress. I'm looking forward to having similar locales once the wood elves drop.

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE
New video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaeCyXX3zg0

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

I haven't seen a single goddamn thing in this game or in speculation about future additions that hasn't made me go "gently caress that's (gonna be) so loving cool"

help apparently I'm a warhammer nerd

Blinks77
Feb 15, 2012

ChickenWing posted:

help apparently I'm a warhammer nerd

There is but one cure.

Tell me, have you heard of the end times?

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
Yeah, I can't wait to play pretty much every faction that they haven't added yet. Beastmen was probably the one faction I felt kinda eh about so it's a bit of a bummer that they start there but oh well.

e; oh man if minotaurs use that 'gore enemy infantry with horns' animation in game though :allears: that with the blood dlc

Kainser fucked around with this message at 14:14 on Jul 15, 2016

madmac
Jun 22, 2010
Completely sold on the Minotaur just for giving him literally a bull charge animation complete with little pawing the ground bit before charging, tbh.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

I'm not paying twenty dollars for one faction

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...
I guess you could say CA is Raid Stancing our wallets, RAZING our common sense?? :haw:

Mr Darcy
Feb 8, 2006
Meh. £11 is less than an hour's pay, I can afford that for an add-on.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

How long does a full TW campaign take, like 10-15 hours? My cost for TW:W is already like £0.80/hr and I've only played 60 hours, even if I never touch it again that's more cost effective than basically any other media consumption.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

Korgan posted:

Lizardmen are probably going to be on hold until game 2 or 3 though.

Skaven on the other hand...

... are also probably going to be on hold until game 2 or 3. My money is on them being the big hype drawcard for a future installment, along with maybe a proper underworld map layer to replace the current underway system. I guess they could be an underway-using horde faction who can attack cities from underway stance but that would be a pretty lame cop-out when they're supposed to have their whole under-empire thing going on. Surface cities wouldn't make much sense for them though and I can't think of any other way to represent them.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Corrode posted:

How long does a full TW campaign take, like 10-15 hours? My cost for TW:W is already like £0.80/hr and I've only played 60 hours, even if I never touch it again that's more cost effective than basically any other media consumption.

They said it's a 20 hour mini campaign, then plus whatever for the grand campaign I guess.

I'm on 150 hours across about five or so complete campaigns. I kinda wonder if you could figure out a way to speed run total warhammer.

oswald ownenstein
Jan 30, 2011

KING FAGGOT OF THE SHITPOST KINGDOM
Anytime there's an update my client stops working and just fails to launch. I de-activate mods, then remove them entirely. Then at some point the client just magically works again

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Fangz posted:

I kinda wonder if you could figure out a way to speed run total warhammer.

I'm sure the intrepid speed running community could find some boring-rear end retarded way to do it.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Wafflecopper posted:

... are also probably going to be on hold until game 2 or 3. My money is on them being the big hype drawcard for a future installment, along with maybe a proper underworld map layer to replace the current underway system. I guess they could be an underway-using horde faction who can attack cities from underway stance but that would be a pretty lame cop-out when they're supposed to have their whole under-empire thing going on. Surface cities wouldn't make much sense for them though and I can't think of any other way to represent them.

Given that Beastmen aren't getting Forest Holds to compete with the Elves I am beginning to suspect that the Wood Elves are going to have a special kind of settlement - Athel Loren in her blank spot of the map - that is pretty much only theirs and will have a kind of semi-horde gameplay, having to complete missions and attack enemies out in the world while defending the Great Forest settlements. Skaven might get the same deal with Skavenblight between Tilea and Estalia, though I can see them competing for Holds with the Greenskins and Dwarfs.

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
Dark/High Elves and the Skaven are probably the two biggest crowd drawers that aren't in the game yet so I'm sure CA will put a lot of effort into them.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"
Beastmen sound kinda dumb and horde mechanics are the least enjoyable so i dunno about this dlc. Depends on the campaign, CiG was rome 2s high point

e: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/180618/quick-q-a-call-of-the-beastmen/

Oh that campaign sounds dumb too. Hmm

Ammanas fucked around with this message at 16:20 on Jul 15, 2016

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

Kainser posted:

Dark/High Elves and the Skaven are probably the two biggest crowd drawers that aren't in the game yet so I'm sure CA will put a lot of effort into them.

I am legit excited for the shootiest Dark Elf army and a Skaven army that spends 70% Of the battle broken, 15% coming back to the front, and only 15% actually fighting anything but still manages to win.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

Orv posted:

I don't TT no, but either way "They're only extorting us a little" is a terrible way to look at it.

No one is extorting anyone.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Chomp8645 posted:

I'm sure the intrepid speed running community could find some boring-rear end retarded way to do it.

It would be neat if there's a glitch that makes enemy armies fall through a gap in the strategic map or something.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Kainser posted:

I would think lizardmen would be a bigger draw than elves, but skaven are unquestionably the biggest army yet to be implemented. They will undoubtedly be saved to headline one of the big standalone releases.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Rygar201 posted:

No one is extorting anyone.

*An overweight italian man with a brooklyn accent and a CA t-shirt approaches*

Goomba: "Wows thatsa nice lookin game you got there buddy... would be a real shame iffa anything were to happen to it. You knows we were thinking about doubling the AI agent capacity... and doing a reclassification of all their actions as passives with respect to tha mods you see. But whats with all the stuff we's working on maybe we'll just table that fa now if we sells enough of these here DLCs. Capische?"

• Locked thread