Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Apple Craft
Mar 8, 2012
Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray :cry: Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray

climboutonalimb posted:

eh, based on the recent Q&A post, they have a queue of nearly 300 customer designed uniques. I don't really care that much ... just think it's an interesting thought experiment.

Whoah, are these paid for? That's $300,000 USD...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Apple Craft posted:

Whoah, are these paid for? That's $300,000 USD...

GGG has 50-100 employees and has been running the game for 3 years. How do you think those people get paid?

climboutonalimb
Sep 4, 2004

I get knocked down but I get up again You are never going to keep me down
Not to mention server and network costs across the globe.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

if im spending a grand on an item i dont want it languishing in a queue for 2 years though. thats kind of surprising to me

Apple Craft
Mar 8, 2012
Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray :cry: Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray

Ultima66 posted:

GGG has 50-100 employees and has been running the game for 3 years. How do you think those people get paid?

No poo poo. The surprise isn't that people pay for these things, that's been going on for a long time.

My surprise comes from the idea that they have 300 paid uniques sitting in queue. Holy crap.

e:

That makes a lot more sense.

Apple Craft fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Jul 15, 2016

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

Awesome! posted:

if im spending a grand on an item i dont want it languishing in a queue for 2 years though. thats kind of surprising to me

quote:

We have completed and released 163 player-created uniques. We are currently working on 37 in collaboration with supporters. The queue of uniques that haven't been started is currently at 299. While this sounds like a huge number, most of those are players who have told us they'd like to wait for later when they have ideas of what to make. The process of creating them has become faster over time, as we have dedicated staff working on them.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
Got a Brittle Emperor drop in a 154 quant/45 packsize Wasteland. Sadly, nothing else of value showed up, but :signings:

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

"yes James. Remove that from my presence. It... Offends me" *sips overpriced wine*

climboutonalimb posted:

eh, based on the recent Q&A post, they have a queue of nearly 300 customer designed uniques. I don't really care that much ... just think it's an interesting thought experiment.

It shows. Stick to playing and not thinking.

Mince Pieface
Feb 1, 2006

They should implement that unique sword Radiance from the goon D2 Eastern Sun patch that let you just instakill all trash mobs on the screen as an aura and was also an insane melee weapon.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Mince Pieface posted:

They should implement that unique sword Radiance from the goon D2 Eastern Sun patch that let you just instakill all trash mobs on the screen as an aura and was also an insane melee weapon.

And this for body armour

Mince Pieface
Feb 1, 2006

Jusupov posted:

And this for body armour

Man this doesn't even have 60% increased max life, what trash :colbert:

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Mince Pieface posted:

Man this doesn't even have 60% increased max life, what trash :colbert:

I lost the pic that had the personalization added to it by Force making it Force's Force of Conviction (force force force)

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

You hate ridden fucks will regret your words when you eventually grow up.

Peace.
Damage Reduced by 101%? o_O

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

ronya posted:

Damage Reduced by 101%? o_O

idk if Eastern Sun got rid of that limitation somehow but DR caps at 50% in D2 anyway.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Am I crazy or did there used to be another zone in the west side of act 2?

Cory in the Blouse
Oct 22, 2010

SAMUS ARAN
OUR ONLY HOPE!

The Shortest Path posted:

Am I crazy or did there used to be another zone in the west side of act 2?

They trimmed down a few zones. They meged the spider area into western forest, moved oak's zone to before vaal ruins, and added the northern forest instead of the wetlands.

Also the coves and upper submerged passage are gone, solaris and lunaris got lowered to 2 zones, and a couple of other things are gone.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Kild posted:

idk if Eastern Sun got rid of that limitation somehow but DR caps at 50% in D2 anyway.

It was more of an exercise in using as much rare items as possible.

Wolfsbane
Jul 29, 2009

What time is it, Eccles?

Could I get a re-invite for Aubrecia please? Also, where do I look to avoid this next time?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Guild MOTD (which annoyingly doesn't notify you at all when it changes).

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Could I get an invite for Melgrin please

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Grizlor posted:

They trimmed down a few zones. They meged the spider area into western forest, moved oak's zone to before vaal ruins, and added the northern forest instead of the wetlands.

Also the coves and upper submerged passage are gone, solaris and lunaris got lowered to 2 zones, and a couple of other things are gone.

All great changes to be fair, especially the coves.

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004

Mince Pieface posted:

Only if it has a recipe to create it by vendoring a tp scroll + chaos orb that only the creator knows about *cough*IDDQD*cough*

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
So who wants to tell me what's wrong with this character because I am dying wayyyyyyyyy too much and it's really pissing me off because I just want to get to level 90 and I'm so close.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/whypick1/characters

(Discharge damage without RF on, jump to ~55k with it on)

Yesterday I got one shot by Izaro with full Conduits and died 3 times running Poorjoy's, all the while I had my charges up (one of those was a rare corpse getting detonated :argh:). None of those times I was running RF (I've had to save that for times when it's obvious I can breeze by with it on). The obvious answer would seem to be "get more life/armor" but I honestly don't know how I can squeeze that much more out of my current gear (besides maybe my boots for armor; rolling BBBR on STR gear didn't seem like fun for me so I bought those for maybe 2c).

At this point I don't know whether I should roll up a Bladefall miner or just ragequit the game again.

edit: vvv Fixed. Have Fortify on Leap Slam but it's a PITA to keep up because my attack speed is slow. Don't really have space for Enfeeble because I'm already running Vitality and Blasphemy/Warlord's Mark.

whypick1 fucked around with this message at 09:38 on Jul 17, 2016

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

whypick1 posted:

So who wants to tell me what's wrong with this character because I am dying wayyyyyyyyy too much and it's really pissing me off because I just want to get to level 90 and I'm so close.

Yesterday I got one shot by Izaro with full Conduits and died 3 times running Poorjoy's, all the while I had my charges up (one of those was a rare corpse getting detonated :argh:). None of those times I was running RF (I've had to save that for times when it's obvious I can breeze by with it on). The obvious answer would seem to be "get more life/armor" but I honestly don't know how I can squeeze that much more out of my current gear (besides maybe my boots for armor; rolling BBBR on STR gear didn't seem like fun for me so I bought those for maybe 2c).

At this point I don't know whether I should roll up a Bladefall miner or just ragequit the game again.

This profile tab has been set to private. Probably get something that gives you fortify and use enfeeble curse.

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

"yes James. Remove that from my presence. It... Offends me" *sips overpriced wine*

whypick1 posted:

A better question is why did you let izaro get to full conduits?

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
Full conduits is rippy as gently caress, seems like you need simply way more life (Belt, Neck, Helm and Rings can each get 30+ more). I'm not a fan of Kaom's Way. :shobon:

edit: the fact you only 4 link your armor means you might as well wear a heart.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

whypick1 posted:

edit: vvv Fixed. Have Fortify on Leap Slam but it's a PITA to keep up because my attack speed is slow. Don't really have space for Enfeeble because I'm already running Vitality and Blasphemy/Warlord's Mark.

Swap flammability with enfeeble and use a lightning coil body armour.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Use a Decoy Totem. It's really good now.

Pop a decoy totem up right before Izaro goes active, he'll attack once, decoy totem tags him, then you murder his face before the totem dies. If it dies or is about to, pop another, izaro will attack you once, then repeat.

J
Jun 10, 2001

Alternatively if you just want to get level 90, don't run any content that is really sketchy for your character, like full conduit izaros. Stick to maps that you know are easy and just pound out level 90, and then run all the stuff that kills you a lot after you get it and don't care about XP loss anymore.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Yeah I''m at level 89 with my not terribly tough Elementalist just by running t8 - 12 maps over and over and, once I notice my xp bar creeping past halfway, stashing any maps with dangerous mods/bosses until I level up and then run them afterwards.

Also I'm wondering, the build guide I'm looking at for tips recommends using Rapid Decay with Lightning Warp, while I've seen other places bat for Faster Casting for that slot. Should I be using Faster Casting instead? Also what's the difference between Reduced Duration on LW and Rapid Decay, and Less Duration on Less Duration Support?

Hauki
May 11, 2010

whypick1 posted:

You have no life on chest at all, a slot that can roll +100 or +40%, and your gloves/belt/rings/amulet/hat are all relatively low. It's fine if like, a few of those six/seven slots are low, I usually skip on rings or amulet for better offensive stats/resists, but when virtually none of them have good +flat life, that definitely adds up. Especially since you don't really have any other form of mitigation going. I haven't done self cast discharge, but you might want a self cast immortal call for emergencies.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Insurrectionist posted:

Yeah I''m at level 89 with my not terribly tough Elementalist just by running t8 - 12 maps over and over and, once I notice my xp bar creeping past halfway, stashing any maps with dangerous mods/bosses until I level up and then run them afterwards.

Also I'm wondering, the build guide I'm looking at for tips recommends using Rapid Decay with Lightning Warp, while I've seen other places bat for Faster Casting for that slot. Should I be using Faster Casting instead? Also what's the difference between Reduced Duration on LW and Rapid Decay, and Less Duration on Less Duration Support?

Reduced duration was changed to Less Duration a while ago, and at the beginning of prophecy everything that was a support skill had "Support" appended. They're literally all the same skill now.

Rapid Decay is reduced duration (as opposed to less), which slightly speeds up the delay between casting LW and actually warping. The only time I've run LW recently I ran it in a 4L with all three supports because I had open slots, so while I haven't messed around with it much lately my gut feeling is that rapid decay is probably marginally better than fast casting in a 3L, since you generally pick up some cast speed on gear/tree or via quality gems and it's much harder to find less or reduced duration.

edit: also to clarify, fast casting only affects the time it takes to cast the skill initially, it has no bearing on the delay until it resolves.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Yeah I've got a lot of cast speed so I'll stick to Rapid Decay then.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
nevermind! mind changed

Vasudus fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Jul 17, 2016

Internet Nobody
May 17, 2009
Can someone reinvite me to guild? Char name TomBruise in game.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
Sorry for not correcting your gently caress up and offering to give you more chaos MY BAD. Normal people say "oops hosed up the price". Some people are insane. Even gave him the sap story about my armor so he knows I wasn't trying to flip. Guess it didn't work.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
http://www.timtips.com/buildbrowser/#/list

Find builds based on gems.

And now find builds based uniques used.

http://poeprices.info/uniqueitempages/Alluniqueitems.html#tableofcontent

e- put the same link twice.

Bugsy fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Jul 18, 2016

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
That is super cool and is probably going to give me several stupid ideas.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Anyone with Vortex experience want to tell me if Elemental Equilibrium is worth the 2 or 3 points or whatever I'd have to spend to get it? I don't know how my damage is divided up right now. I have RF, Ignite, and initial hit doing fire damage, and the DoT doing cold. I think that I won't lose damage with EE but I honestly have no clue.

Also I suppose I could just remember to drop Orb of Storms on all bosses before hitting them with Vortex but that's a little annoying.

Also what ascendancy nodes should I be using (Elementalist)? I could see arguments for literally any ascendancy points except the penetration one because it doesn't apply to damage over time. Currently running Golems + half reflect + Conflux. I think with 88 fire res and mostly doing DoT damage I don't really need the half reflect, and I've seen builds that just don't use Golems but I don't really have any idea which ascendancies are good/bad for the build, outside of Conflux being mandatory for ignite + shock.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Artificial Idiocy
Jul 11, 2008
Pretty sure fire pen works with burns. Could be wrong but it works on searing bond AFAIK.

• Locked thread