Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

John DiFool
Aug 28, 2013

rip skin gambling and good loving riddance

current fps skill ceiling tier list:

doom < overwatch < csgo < ql

wish they'd make a modern arena shooter with well balanced gameplay and a high skill ceiling, but consoles

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004

Lol.i halbve already saod i inferno circstances wanttpgback
I was going to inflict this game upon my friend ( at his urging ) but it seems I can't buy it for him because it won't let me gift copies. Is this a temporary thing, or do I have to paypal him some funbucks?

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.
are the teens gone yet? is it safe to come back

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Thom and the Heads posted:

are the teens gone yet? is it safe to come back
We are still here, and we're still gonna call you salty and bad. :getin:

Catsplosion
Aug 19, 2007

I am become Dwarf, the destroyer of cats.

Agoat posted:

I really just wish I could have an Elite Build skin for every gun. :sigh:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=367549880

Wasteland rebel is so much cooler than elite.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

https://twitter.com/theonlymichal/status/753999539246395392

:tinfoil:

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Dongicus posted:

It's going to be dead in 6 months.

Toxx?

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

Katana Gomai posted:

You can literally shoot an arrow into the ground under people's feet with Hanzo and get a kill and you can snipe the air around your opponent's head and get a headshot with widow and many others

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_UU8jqxAiHQ for posterity. Still my favorite Overwatch video :allears:

They just fixed this.

Does anyone remember the state of GO during beta and release?

Katana Gomai posted:

Don't bother, comp is garbage. The amount of rank points you earn on a win is miniscul compared to the amount you lose on a loss and if someone on the other team (!) abandons, your reward for winning gets slashed by like 90%. I did a single comp game today and after my team won the first map (BO3), 5 of the 6 guys on the other team abandoned lmao

This is fixed too, I think.

stump collector
May 28, 2007

mcvey posted:

it was bad

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
lol @ anyone who makes a skill tier list for wildly different games.

I mean, you got a diceroll simulator, you have fps-moba, you have arena, halo, etc

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

mcvey posted:

Yeah, I remember learning set mollys that would go from t doors nuke into heaven and how to throw decoys to break glass for mollys that landed on site

It was hilarious

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

Spiros posted:

Yeah, I remember learning set mollys that would go from t doors nuke into heaven and how to throw decoys to break glass for mollys that landed on site

It was hilarious

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dtMv0oGcKo

This poo poo happened all the time and took 2~ years to fix :psyduck:

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

mcvey posted:

They just fixed this.

This is fixed too, I think.

I play a few matches every now and then and Hanzo's hitboxes still seem like bullshit but I'll take your word for it. Don't get me wrong, it's a fun game, I'm just tired of it being compared to csgo because the games have nothing in common. The only impact Overwatch has had on csgo is that the 'free IBP' threads on reddit have finally started to disappear since one of them has moved on to play Overwatch now lol

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Katana Gomai posted:

The only impact Overwatch has had on csgo is that the 'free IBP' threads on reddit have finally started to disappear since one of them has moved on to play Overwatch now lol
That's AZK. He's on Liquid's Overwatch team, I believe. I also know fRoD plays pro Overwatch now, too.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

^ Steel plays on team Splyce in Overwatch too. He's not good though, relative to other OW pros. lul.

Katana Gomai posted:

I play a few matches every now and then and Hanzo's hitboxes still seem like bullshit but I'll take your word for it.

It's fixed in the PTR :)

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

symbolic posted:

That's AZK. He's on Liquid's Overwatch team, I believe. I also know fRoD plays pro Overwatch now, too.

he was referring to steel

Demostrs
Mar 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
#freebrax

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Google Butt posted:

he was referring to steel
Same difference

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

teagone posted:

^ Steel plays on team Splyce in Overwatch too. He's not good though, relative to other OW pros. lul.

It's fixed in the PTR :)

Yea it was Steel I was thinking of, ironically. Also thanks about the pointer re:PTR, I only play on the live servers so that's why I hadn't noticed it

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret
It might be possible to like both Overwatch and CS GO. But hey, I like CS GO better and I love Blizzard.

I might like it more if I can get out of silver but im learning at my own pace

stump collector
May 28, 2007
Freebrax

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Everyone says free iBP, but hardly anyone says free Epsilon. GMX, fxy0, B1GGY, and Uzzziii were slammed with the same punishment at the same time, yet I hardly ever hear them mentioned. That always struck me as odd.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

symbolic posted:

Everyone says free iBP, but hardly anyone says free Epsilon. GMX, fxy0, B1GGY, and Uzzziii were slammed with the same punishment at the same time, yet I hardly ever hear them mentioned. That always struck me as odd.

They weren't the best team in NA

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

symbolic posted:

well, ibp was relatively good, and north American

stump collector
May 28, 2007

symbolic posted:

i dont give a gently caress about any french players

Demostrs
Mar 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
brax out of anyone deserves to be unbanned the most, but seeing the french s1mple fucksy0 return would be cool too, envy would prob pick him up

Tevery Best
Oct 11, 2013

Hewlo Furriend
I hate how ELEAGUE intermissions are really about thorin and Richard Lewis picking on Moses all the time.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
New patch hit. I like the new bomb sounds.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Xenaero posted:

New patch hit. I like the new bomb sounds.

Hasn't the bomb sound been pretty much the same since source?

sleppy
Dec 25, 2008

Pretty sure they already changed them this year to be meatier.

Rosh
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's Wrong,
Something's Right

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

it's beautiful

Rosh
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's Wrong,
Something's Right
I remember the casters saying it deserved some graffiti when it happened. Valve certainly didn't waste any time haha.

Edit: And I can't believe Virtus.pro pissed away a 12-3 lead on mirage to end up playing OT just now.

Edit2: Holy poo poo byali just had the most insane spray to win the match.

Rosh fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Jul 16, 2016

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Big Q's House of Pancakes

Fun Shoe
Got in the game and bought an ump. I pulled the trigger and it totally hosed me up.

mliecah
Apr 17, 2011

bonerchamp

What happened here? I missed this

stump collector
May 28, 2007

mliecah posted:

What happened here? I missed this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6GHG4arV7Q

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

e: Sniped

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Katamari Democracy posted:

It might be possible to like both Overwatch and CS GO. But hey, I like CS GO better and I love Blizzard.

I might like it more if I can get out of silver but im learning at my own pace

I've been playing CS since well before Steam was a thing and I've just now got burned out on it. I still really enjoy watching it though. Overwatch is something fresh and new, and I LOVE IT SO MUCH.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

FaZe vs Nikosports coming up soon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004

Lol.i halbve already saod i inferno circstances wanttpgback

I slapped a s1mple sticker on my deagle after I saw that play out. I kind of wonder if it would have been better to have him awping instead of JDM.