Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

I'm not sure why any of this is particularly surprising. Wasn't the whole point to be a model of playing to unlock characters and paying for the cosmetics?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009
I see people whining about the season pass all the time (maybe you aren't but still), but it literally says exactly what it includes. How can you be surprised what is and isn't in it?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Fellblade posted:

I see people whining about the season pass all the time (maybe you aren't but still), but it literally says exactly what it includes. How can you be surprised what is and isn't in it?

season pass used to mean you get all the dlc for an upfront fee so there's confusion still.

the season pass should have been called the 2016 character pack or something but yeah you're right that its pretty upfront about what it includes:

6 characters with 1 alt skin for each of them and guile's stage as a weak apology for delays

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
They want 10.99 for a stage. It isn't even purchasable with FM. Just... what?

may contain peanuts
Sep 28, 2007

WOW what a grate sports paly by the 49rs (better than seahawks)

Jack Trades posted:

I don't know what this is but it's probably better than SFV. Buy that.
Oh nice, I didn't realize this was on sale, been meaning to pick it up on Steam for a while. Thanks for the heads up!

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

I got into my car and ate my chalupa with a feeling of accomplishment.

Fellblade posted:

Well, it took over four months for a $30 season pass to provide a single character that wasn't already freely available--not really surprised that people would complain about that. Just seems scummy to me that they'd follow it up with a separate $25 DLC with three skins, a stage and some palette swaps. It's nice that part of it's going to the prize pool, though.

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.
https://twitter.com/popdoggess/status/753794745202204672?s=09

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
When you order the 8 frame delay they should serve the next seven people who get drinks and then do yours.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

should be followed up by a 9 frame dash

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
The Story Mode - A can of coke, after you drink half we put a shot of jack in it.

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

'Pyscho.'

So what are we thinking? 99 cents per color or all of one character's colors for like $7?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

ChibiSoma posted:

'Pyscho.'

So what are we thinking? 99 cents per color or all of one character's colors for like $7?

its its fm they will be like 5000 each probably

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

I got into my car and ate my chalupa with a feeling of accomplishment.
The Hard Read: 1 shot tequila. 1 shot triple sec. Suppose that communal kitchen years to come perhaps. All trotting down with porringers and tommycans to be filled. Devour contents in the street. John Howard Parnell example the provost of Trinity every mother’s son don’t talk of your provosts and provost of Trinity women and children cabmen priests parsons fieldmarshals archbishops. From Ailesbury road, Clyde road, artisans’ dwellings, north Dublin union, lord mayor in his gingerbread coach, old queen in a bathchair. My plate’s empty. After you with our incorporated drinkingcup. Like sir Philip Crampton’s fountain. Rub off the microbes with your handkerchief. Next chap rubs on a new batch with his. Father O’Flynn would make hares of them all. Have rows all the same. All for number one. Children fighting for the scrapings of the pot. Want a souppot as big as the Phoenix park. Harpooning flitches and hindquarters out of it. Hate people all round you. City Arms hotel table d’hôteshe called it. Soup, joint and sweet. Never know whose thoughts you’re chewing. Then who’d wash up all the plates and forks? Might be all feeding on tabloids that time. Teeth getting worse and worse.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Real hurthling! posted:

should be followed up by a 9 frame dash

that's when you can't pay the bill, I assume

we also call it The Triforce

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Garrand posted:

I'm not sure why any of this is particularly surprising. Wasn't the whole point to be a model of playing to unlock characters and paying for the cosmetics?

The prices are kind of insane IMO

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Real hurthling! posted:

its its fm they will be like 5000 each probably

Hasn't it been confirmed that it's real money only?

Like, if I can pay 10 bucks and I get every color for all characters/costumes, then fine. I'll do that. If they try doing this on a per-chara/costume basis, then shut the whole thing down because haha no.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
"If I can pay $10 bucks, fine"? We're talking about loving colors here, man. A lot of games have a bunch of them for free and some even get a color edit. SF4 let us unlock them just by playing the goddamn game. $10 for a bunch of ugly palette swaps in a fighting game is fine. What the gently caress man.

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Firstborn posted:

"If I can pay $10 bucks, fine"? We're talking about loving colors here, man. A lot of games have a bunch of them for free and some even get a color edit. SF4 let us unlock them just by playing the goddamn game. $10 for a bunch of ugly palette swaps in a fighting game is fine. What the gently caress man.

I'd pay more than that if I never had to look at Survival again. Given the available options (on PS4 so I can't do things the easy way) I'd rather just unlock everything at once for a ten-spot and be done with it forever.

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
forget it jake, its chibisoma

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA
capcom wants you to spend $115 on this game

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

I'd have less issue with Capcom pricing if the base game was free like KI or DOA5

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

ChibiSoma posted:

I'd pay more than that if I never had to look at Survival again. Given the available options (on PS4 so I can't do things the easy way) I'd rather just unlock everything at once for a ten-spot and be done with it forever.

Actually you can on PS4 now, it's how they unlocked everything on the Evo consoles

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

ChibiSoma posted:

Like, if I can pay 10 bucks and I get every color for all characters/costumes, then fine. I'll do that. If they try doing this on a per-chara/costume basis, then shut the whole thing down because haha no.

Even if they have an all-character, all-costume bundle, lol if you think it'd be $10. A loving costume is $4. Capcom has continually gone out of their way to make sure they have the worst dollar value in any game, fighting or otherwise, in recent memory.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Smash 4 is a little weird because they give you a pretty large roster for 60 bucks and then new characters were like 8 dollars a piece.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

But I understand the work that goes into creating and balancing entirely new characters. Charging 6 dollars for an existing stage with a different lighting scheme is absolutely criminal

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

In Training posted:

But I understand the work that goes into creating and balancing entirely new characters. Charging 6 dollars for an existing stage with a different lighting scheme is absolutely criminal

IIRC palette swap stages ARE cheaper than new ones, but yeah your point stands.

Lothire
Jan 27, 2007

Rx Suicide emailed me and all I got was this amazingly awesome forum account.

Tortured By Flan

I'm eye-loving this Alex like crazy. Unreasonably excited for this. His model looks different than the current one, like his proportions don't look so out of whack. I can't tell if it's the costume doing that or if maybe they tweaked it around. Really hope they tweaked around the base model, as I actually kinda like the default costume just hate his awful proportions.

It looks heavily like the mod that's been floating around, except the face appears untouched in this pic. The mod made it look quite a bit different, like making the chin more angled/less wide.

croutonZA
Jan 5, 2011
So if I'm understanding this correctly...

Capcom announce a SFV panel (with q&a session) at evo to talk about the future of the game. The panel ends up being them flaunting a bunch of overpriced costumes, stages and announce you'll be able to buy colours with real money. Survival mode won't be changed. They then half-hearted answer a couple of questions then the panel's over.

All that's missing is Rashido's theme tbh.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
I'm thinking the mystery costume might be that Violent Ken that got revealed the other day in the concept art pieces.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Firstborn posted:

I'm thinking the mystery costume might be that Violent Ken that got revealed the other day in the concept art pieces.

That's be loving awesome.

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business

ChibiSoma posted:

If you actually think Capcom will do anything like this, you haven't been paying attention.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

bhsman posted:

That's be loving awesome.

The outline of the CPT costume tease is very Shoto-y. Maybe it's a classic Akuma costume as an apology. What if CPT had a trailer where they showed Thailand, Ryu vs. Bison and then classic Akuma (keep in mind he's been drawn and looks very Oni like in the current artwork - but the Japanese clearly says Gouki) comes in with a raging demon on Bison, SFII style.

E: End with a Sagat teaser, maybe just a tiger roar over a black screen

Firstborn fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Jul 16, 2016

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Firstborn posted:

Violent Ken would own. Judging by the concept art it won't happen but I wish he had his poofy hair.

mrbotus
Apr 7, 2009

Patron of the Pants
So, what do you guys who hate this game do? Stop playing fighting games for 9 years? Play and 15 year old game with a small group of friends? Just curious.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

nickmeister posted:

So, what do you guys who hate this game do? Stop playing fighting games for 9 years? Play and 15 year old game with a small group of friends? Just curious.

I play Guilty Gear

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I just play other fighting games

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Contrary to popular belief, street fighter isn't the only fighting game series

mrbotus
Apr 7, 2009

Patron of the Pants

Baal posted:

I just play other fighting games

Such as? And how do you find people to play with?

In Training posted:

Contrary to popular belief, street fighter isn't the only fighting game series

But it's one of the few with a decent player base.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I'm playing Overwatch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!
It's impossible to tell if you're being snarky or not and I think that speaks volumes about the current state of the fgc lol