Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

LuciferMorningstar posted:

Much like KF2.

Also, "SO SORRY for Resistances," yet they still exist.

That was taken out of context. The full line was "SO SORRY for resistances making you lose your headpopping simulator" :downsrim:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ClonedPickle
Apr 23, 2010

Much like KF2.

Also, "SO SORRY for Resistances," yet they still exist.

I popped into the stream for a second and immediately asked "When are resistances being removed?" A Tripwire mod in the chat responded with "they have been essentially removed," so that's good. Gunslinger is still hella hosed because of this system, right? I honestly haven't bothered to play the game since this poo poo was added but I haven't seen "resistance update undone" in any patch notes so I assume it's still awful.

e: Oh and the heavy Commando/Zerk nerfs that came with that are still untouched, yeah? Okay, great.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
So resistances are now something like .01 of wjat they werre, right? Why even keep them in?

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

ClonedPickle posted:

I popped into the stream for a second and immediately asked "When are resistances being removed?" A Tripwire mod in the chat responded with "they have been essentially removed," so that's good.

Oh, word, Tripwire? *looks at spreadsheet* *sees a bunch of resistances*

I think Tripwire is being a little dishonest, guys.

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

So resistances are now something like .01 of wjat they werre, right? Why even keep them in?

Nah, they're still in to a large extent for many Zeds. Namely "non-trash," which includes Bloats (0.3X for most damage types). All the "trash" is hovering at ~0.85X resistances to various things.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Zerk got hit pretty hard to, everything resists blunt and slashing.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

ClonedPickle posted:

I popped into the stream for a second and immediately asked "When are resistances being removed?" A Tripwire mod in the chat responded with "they have been essentially removed," so that's good. Gunslinger is still hella hosed because of this system, right? I honestly haven't bothered to play the game since this poo poo was added but I haven't seen "resistance update undone" in any patch notes so I assume it's still awful.

No, they didn't remove resistances. They made them less awful. But they're still bad.

IE Gunslinger still gets resisted by everything, and Stalkers are still bullet sponge-y.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?

quote:

>Agent Wilkes Armour Set coming FOR FREE, can be used on any character, but ONLY for Early Access buyers

Oh god yes, my favourite character from KF1.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
So no listen servers soon and no crawler wallwalking?

Those are the two features I was looking to the most. Shame.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

ClonedPickle posted:

e: Oh and the heavy Commando/Zerk nerfs that came with that are still untouched, yeah? Okay, great.

Try and play, it is not game ruining and if anything Commando feels stronger now. Old Zerker trivialized a lot of the game, but I agree the current one feels weak as a killer and as a tank. In terms of difficulty I've only had one out of eleven Suicidal matches that didn't get to the boss since the patch that nerfed resistances, and that was the traditional "two Fleshpounds get into the team when everyone's out of position" match ending.

I am in support of the Bloat being tankier, he used to be just a joke you popped with a few 9mm bullets even at the worst of times. All around the game's still good, even if resistances feel like finnicky mechanics for the sake of finnicky mechanics.

Commando Chicken is the pillar of the game and I'll consider it an unfinished piece of poo poo until he comes out.

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006
googling 'john gibson 10/10 GF' isn't bring anything up. TRIPWIRE LYING AGAIN

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

Jinkies! Looks like we've got a mystery on our hands.
Dear Tripwire,

I would like more weapons in the game tia

Best wishes,
Dank

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Take a look at the masked man
Beating up the wrong guy
Oh man! Wonder if he'll ever know
Chris Benoit killed his family
I am going to put Wilkes' armor on old man Briar and I'll never play anyone else again.

I like most of what they said in that QA, though I guess at this point it's clear that they're digging their heels in over the loving resistance system. Fine, whatever. I'll just play drunk and on Normal.

Frida Call Me
Sep 28, 2001

Boy, you gotta carry that weight
Carry that weight a long time
What's the timeline on animations for monsters going over/up an obstacle?

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Did some matches after so long, decided to just go medic like I did before.

Is it just me or do bosses seem tankier?

Zeds weren't to bad but holy poo poo but bosses where an absolute slog.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

Alteisen posted:

Zeds weren't to bad but holy poo poo but bosses where an absolute slog.

I don't recall how it was before, but bosses are now resistant (~0.5X) to basically all damage types.

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

I don't recall how it was before, but bosses are now resistant (~0.5X) to basically all damage types.

what is the positive improvement from this change

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

RottenK posted:

Increasing playtime required to ever net a win instead of a loss, Even if you win.

Therefore, Pro Hardcore Challenge and increase game lifespan! :pseudo:

Why, I bet if we could always just click heads on gorefasts and be done with it there would only be 2 hours of content tops, this is a service to the playerbase :rolleyes:

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

RottenK posted:

You get to spend more friends whittling down an annoying boss.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
iron boner

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

Jinkies! Looks like we've got a mystery on our hands.
Is there actually someone at Tripwire who thinks spending 20 minutes kiting the boss around is fun, or is this full scumbag tactics?

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

RottenK posted:

Well, you see, resistances tested well internally, so...

Realtalk, I don't know. Patriarch is probably a little more durable than before, which is fine with me for the most part. And Hans is infinitely better, so this is the one area where I'm willing to just accept that a net benefit was had.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g__uLH5F95s

You can still zoom in on the boss cutscene like in KF1 through ironsighting.

I want to believe this is intentional.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Oh poo poo there's an update to this:

quote:

Balance Changes:
Hans Balance Tweaks
Hard
Damage Mod Increased to .75
Health Mod Decreased to .95
Suicidal
Damage Mod Increased to .95
Health Mod Decreased to 1.30
HOE
Health Mod Decreased to 1.7
Patriarch
Hard Difficulty
Increase health mod to 1.37
Suicidal Difficulty
Increase damage mod to 1.2
Hell on Earth
Increase damage mod to 1.4

Overall we felt that the Hans battle was still a bit too much of a shoot the shield fest so we have lowered his overall health. At the same time we have increased his damage slightly on some difficulties to decrease the chance of a long drawn out battle

Flashlight
Reduced drain on battery. Flashlight last for 2:05min (was 50sec)
Recharge speed increased to 17sec (was 25sec)
Night Vision
Reduced drain on battery. Night Vision last for 2:05min (was 25sec)
Recharge speed increased to 17sec (was 25sec)
Versus Mode:
Player controlled Bloats spawn less frequently in wave 1
Player Alpha
Increased Distance of Clot Grab
Boss Wave
Now spawn all ammo pickups during boss fights :eyepop:

Bug Fixes:
Shotguns & flamethrowers no longer are recorded as negative damage dealt in After Action Report
Fixed Menu UI Disappearing at Ready Up Menu while Joining In Progress Matches
Fixed spectator UI not appearing after death
Fixed an issue where if you were typing as you died, you would not be able to access any menus
Fixed when you change your perk in the trader menu, text and icons would not update to show the new perk
Fixed animations when sprinting to iron sights for certain weapons
Removed const off MaxMonsters in Spawn manager for mod support
Fixed Husk Exploding and damaging players before suicide animation ends
Fix for multiplayer achievements being unlocked in single player

This patch is a required client and server update and will be going live in the next few minutes.
One change and I am already pretty excited, gonna play tonight and see how this changes the game.

She Bangs the Drums
Oct 17, 2009

by VideoGames

Kikas posted:

One change and I am already pretty excited, gonna play tonight and see how this changes the game.

That Battery change might actually get people playing the darker maps now.

Truecon420
Jul 11, 2013

I like to tweet and live my life. Thank you.

She Bangs the Drums posted:

That Battery change might actually get people playing the darker maps now.

The battery buff is pretty powerful but more realistic I guess. They also buffed the Patriarch and made the Hans fight more high stakes. No word about Resistance changes :(

Also very thankful for this
Fixed Husk Exploding and damaging players before suicide animation ends

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Thank God. Flashlights were just a loving annoyance and now darker maps sound fun.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Yeah if battery buff is a sign of things to come, I'll give the game a spin again. The amount of light time was always annoying to me. Minimizing asinine frustrations like that should be goal one.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

does the battery buff also affect NVG? if so that's pretty ballin

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Yeah says right there NVG has the same lifetime as flashlight

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

oh so it does

that's what i get for scanning hastily

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!
The flame-thrower and burning bodies need to cast light. Or perhaps they do and my graphics settings are poo poo?

Severed
Jul 9, 2001

idspispopd
I was watching some old videos from KF1 and I realized how much I liked the score from that game more than the "uber metal" vibe that the current game has. Metal has its place, certainly in this game, but the quality I think is somehow worse even though the production values are much higher.

I'm curious to see if I remember what my key binding was for NVG. I might use them now!

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Gromit posted:

The flame-thrower and burning bodies need to cast light. Or perhaps they do and my graphics settings are poo poo?

They do. I think you need to set environment detail to high.

pnutz
Jan 5, 2015

Kikas posted:

oh good, they're learning2agile and making more regular fixes to the game than "once between map updates" :)

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer
Oh poo poo a decent patch and now I come home from work to find bribes???

KF2 trying to win me back :unsmith:

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

Theta Zero posted:

They do. I think you need to set environment detail to high.

Is it client-side only? I haven't played Firebug in forever but I don't remember seeing much light off any of that when one was in my team last night. Or perhaps it's just fairly subtle? Time to jump into a game and double-check.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
Now on the boss wave, it spawns a bunch of ammo boxes that all respawn very quickly so that even though bosses are bullet sponges, you won't run out of ammo halfway in and lose because of it. If you lose, it's because you got caught screwing up rather than making the mistake of firing your gun at the only enemy and not daring to throw twenty spares on the ground.

Boss fights are probably the best they've ever been so far, and yet you still get morons like this who are clearly playing on just Normal saying:

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Theta Zero posted:

Now on the boss wave, it spawns a bunch of ammo boxes that all respawn very quickly so that even though bosses are bullet sponges, you won't run out of ammo halfway in and lose because of it. If you lose, it's because you got caught screwing up rather than making the mistake of firing your gun at the only enemy and not daring to throw twenty spares on the ground.

Boss fights are probably the best they've ever been so far, and yet you still get morons like this who are clearly playing on just Normal saying:

"If I'm not reduced to knife fighting Hans after even my 9mm runs out, It's just not an optimal hardcore experience :barf:"

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nkp1nKwJV0M

Some fellow goons break in a few custom maps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

Make Killing Floor Great Again