Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you
I for one appreciate bhsman's posting itt because he's one of the minority voices who doesn't just endlessly throw monkey poo poo around the place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Love Stole the Day posted:

I for one appreciate bhsman's posting itt because he's one of the minority voices who doesn't just endlessly throw monkey poo poo around the place.

I have zero issue with people venting about a game they actually play.

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

bhsman posted:

Love to see the contrast between people watching and playing SFV during EVO and enjoying it while people here still gripe about it.

I also like to see the contrast. With so few actual fans of SFV its easy to remember their usernames and disregard their opinions as garbage later on during future discussions

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Zand posted:

I also like to see the contrast. With so few actual fans of SFV its easy to remember their usernames and disregard their opinions as garbage later on during future discussions

You really like doing this gatekeeper thing.

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

Zand is fun and cool to play with on fightcade. you should try it sometime

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

bhsman posted:

I actually play this game so please go back and correct all the times you whined about me making GBS threads on it.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

bhsman posted:

what other fgs have you played for a significant length of time?

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
also btw that means the only people who can talk about 3s ever again are me appleken and brian.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

anime was right posted:

also btw that means the only people who can talk about 3s ever again are me appleken and brian.

Hey now, I mained Q for about 4 years at the arcades.

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA
red venom is a secret killer at 3s

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

A.o.D. posted:

Hey now, I mained Q for about 4 years at the arcades.

sorry, we've entered a pissing contest, you're not Allowed To Have Opinions Anymore.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

anime was right posted:

Like, in the world ever between yourselves? I'll take that.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I like 3S but I've probably played it for a total of 3 hours in my life

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

I actually play this game so please go back and correct all the times you whined about me making GBS threads on it.

I was legitimately more shocked when Interro admitted that they still play this game.

anime was right posted:

what other fgs have you played for a significant length of time?

USF4, 3S though I'm very bad, some Xrd, and some KI. That probably won't satisfy you, though. :(

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

bhsman posted:

I was legitimately more shocked when Interro admitted that they still play this game.

USF4, 3S though I'm very bad, some Xrd, and some KI. That probably won't satisfy you, though. :(

cool. by your own admission you better not criticize any other fg other than usf4 ever again.

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
how are you so condescending without knowing anything

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

insert shrug emote here

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Fereydun posted:

insert shrug emote here

you didnt even have a gif of dante shrugging? cmon tabs.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

anime was right posted:

cool. by your own admission you better not criticize any other fg other than usf4 ever again.

Not even SFV? :( That's cold.

Sick! Thats DOPE
Aug 1, 2008

Oh sick man thats sick

General Morden posted:

red venom is a secret killer at 3s

why thank you. Though lately a lot of the old beasts have come back and I havent been practicing, its been rough when I attend sessions

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

bhsman posted:

You really like doing this gatekeeper thing.

id never want to stop someone from enjoying a game they like. i would rather like to educate them enough so that they no longer enjoy a lovely thing and instead evolve to liking better things. "gatekeeper" is a bit of a stretch honestly

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i like to play a few matches of sfv a week so that my memory is fresh when i bag on it online.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

A.o.D. posted:

Fun arcade :(

RIP

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Zand posted:

id never want to stop someone from enjoying a game they like. i would rather like to educate them enough so that they no longer enjoy a lovely thing and instead evolve to liking better things. "gatekeeper" is a bit of a stretch honestly
this thread is worse than sfv

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

cams posted:

this thread is worse than sfv

it's really bad

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
You think you might be having fun but trust me, you are NOT having fun you moron

GOOD TIMES ON METH fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Jul 17, 2016

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business
I keep SFV installed for those days when Im having a little too much fun and in too good of a mood and need something off-hand to bring me down.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
SFV puts me in a bad mood guys, but im still playing it of course

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

Goetta posted:

You think you might be having fun but trust me, you are NOT having fun you moron

You're also ugly

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I understand that the thread is overwhelmingly negative about the game and that upsets you guys but, ahm...I don't really see anyone willing to discuss the game in another light. Back in SF4 days you had the old-school curmudgeon bitching but people also discussed matchups and poo poo, or at least tried to.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
People talk about matchups in the discord server usually

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you
If you goons spent as much time practicing SF5 as you did patrolling this thread you'd be on stream over there in EVO right now.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Goetta posted:

People talk about matchups in the discord server usually

I'm glad you've segregated yourselves then.

To be honest I'm only posting here because SFV is the one fighting game with new stuff to talk about and this thread goes into Fighting Game Thread 2.0 mode sometimes.

If you goons spent as much time practicing SF5 as you did patrolling this thread you'd be on stream over there in EVO right now.

If you spent less time bitching about japanese spergs so would you.

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

anime was right posted:

you didnt even have a gif of dante shrugging? cmon tabs.

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

apple
May 18, 2003

Jose in the club wearing orange suspenders
It's OK to like the game while recognizing that releasing a thinly veiled balance patch a few days before EVO is monumentally stupid. I'm trying to like the game (competitively). :(

I still mash this with friends every now and then though.

apple fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Jul 17, 2016

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

apple posted:

It's OK to like the game while recognizing that releasing a thinly veiled balance patch a few days before EVO is monumentally stupid. I'm trying to like the game (competitively). :(

I still mash this with friends every now and then though.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
im proud of you tabs

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

bhsman posted:

Love to see the contrast between people watching and playing SFV during EVO and enjoying it while people here still gripe about it.

it's fine and normal to like bad/mediocre things

but people give you poo poo in this thread because you act like it's good and pretend that you can tell the difference