Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Dr Cheeto posted:

Also: crits work with the flamethrower
Because that is necessary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

RandallODim posted:

Yeah, they're really most useful with HE and high RoF guns. The latter turn into Dozer hoses if you get slightly lucky with rolls, and it's pretty great to just run up to one and just unload a full clip into his face knowing it'll almost certainly kill him.

Crits are also a free armor pierce, so you could replace "dozer" with a crowd of Tan Swats. I find them useful because of that cause I like to rapidifre akimbo when moving towards objective thinking I am an action hero. Sometimes it's like the A-Team, sometimes it's a Tarantino movie :v:

I had no idea they applied headshot multiplier, always assumed they just did 2x damage. Although that explains why the absolutely slaughter Cloakers.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Kikas posted:

I had no idea they applied headshot multiplier, always assumed they just did 2x damage. Although that explains why the absolutely slaughter Cloakers.

The SWAT turret and bulldozers have septate crit multipliers due to their enormous headshot multipliers, but at 4x and 6. 875x respectively they're pretty generous. Everything else is just the headshot multiplier.

I've never heard of crits piercing armor. Perhaps you were hitting the tans in the back?

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
http://lastbullet.net/mydownloads.php?action=view_down&did=16850 :vince:

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

idgi

Carlioo
Dec 26, 2012

:krakentoot:
Someone involved in a bunch of Youtube drama from what I understand.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

What a funny and relevant joke.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

watho posted:

What a funny and relevant joke.

here's a better mod

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
I like to click on heads

YET ANOTHER FAG
Mar 6, 2003

by R. Guyovich

Please tell me it has him saying "WHY AM I STILL GETTING HATE?" when you open the safe room door.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Renegret posted:

I like to click on heads
Hey me too!

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
5 new achievements, names quote a line from Othello: "The robbed that smiles steals something from the thief". This roughly translates to "if the victim doesn't seem miserable because of their loss, the thief isn't as happy"

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Discendo Vox posted:

5 new achievements, names quote a line from Othello: "The robbed that smiles steals something from the thief". This roughly translates to "if the victim doesn't seem miserable because of their loss, the thief isn't as happy"

Is the fat pipe backed up?

Ripper Swarm posted:

Hey, 5 new achievements just got added!

The Robbed
That Smiles,
Steals Something
From The
Thief

I'm actually trying to remember now how relevant placeholder lines have been to the actual content recently.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

RandallODim posted:

Is the fat pipe backed up?

Sorry, I must have passed that one over due to the pissing match.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Discendo Vox posted:

I remember a victim that was distraught over their loss.

Also holy poo poo, just the anarchist perk deck and frenzy is insane, the only thing that can stop me are cloakers and low ammo

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Discendo Vox posted:

Sorry, I must have passed that one over due to the pissing match.

I'm glad this thread is back to the friendly haven of cop-clicking it should be. In the interest of friendly discussion: which plot thread will be addressed again first, Jiro's son or Commissioner Garrett?

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

RandallODim posted:

I'm glad this thread is back to the friendly haven of cop-clicking it should be. In the interest of friendly discussion: which plot thread will be addressed again first, Jiro's son or Commissioner Garrett?

Commissioner Garrett, if only for the reason that OG dozers have been found in the code, which means captain summers is here! Or something.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
ok this is the last time i'm linking a stupid mod

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Drewjitsu posted:

Commissioner Garrett, if only for the reason that OG dozers have been found in the code, which means captain summers is here! Or something.

I hadn't heard about that, aside from coyoteze testing fishbowl distortions in the renderer. What's up with that?

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

let's not spoil our relationship with cheap lies

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Coolguye posted:

let's not spoil our relationship with cheap lies

cmon, you don't want to heist with Bonnie Hill?

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
M308 and high explosive judge are so, so good.

How can I get the most out of them?

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

EorayMel posted:

M308 and high explosive judge are so, so good.

How can I get the most out of them?

if you have HE in your judge you're already doing it right. the add-ons are kinda cool but ultimately not game changers. try to increase the accuracy i guess, who cares.

M308, mod it for accuracy and stability. it is possible to hit 100 on accuracy - do that asap, it's very worth it. don't worry too much about the damage, it already does plenty of damage.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Coolguye posted:

if you have HE in your judge you're already doing it right. the add-ons are kinda cool but ultimately not game changers. try to increase the accuracy i guess, who cares.

M308, mod it for accuracy and stability. it is possible to hit 100 on accuracy - do that asap, it's very worth it. don't worry too much about the damage, it already does plenty of damage.

Also, in case you aren't already doing this, don't single-fire lock the M308; nothing is as satisfying as HE'ing a Dozer's plates off then flipping the M308 into auto and just melting his face.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

yes, good call

one of the m308's biggest benefits is that auto fire works wonders dozers and also is nice as a gently caress button when a cloaker is charging

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Discendo Vox posted:

I hadn't heard about that, aside from coyoteze testing fishbowl distortions in the renderer. What's up with that?

Maybe I hallucinated it. I recall (most likely incorrectly now) someone talking about fishbowl dozers being in the files. Maybe as a result of a classic map coming up.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

If a weapon is not locked into Single fire or Auto Fire via mods, is there a way to change its fire mode mid-heist?

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Bort Bortles posted:

If a weapon is not locked into Single fire or Auto Fire via mods, is there a way to change its fire mode mid-heist?

V key by default.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

:cop::hf::cop:

I stopped playing around the time the Diamond Heist came out. At the time I had all but 5 achievements in the game.

Started playing a bit yesterday and I'm at 60% cheevos with 200 down. I have a lot of work ahead of me.

Lots of great changes in this game though. I always loved trip mines, now they're legitimately good instead of just being really, really funny. The balance changes means I can use any gun I want and not gimp myself (I'm looking at you, JP36).

However, Wolf remains the best character and the best voice line in the game remains Wolf getting tazed.

Renegret fucked around with this message at 13:26 on Jul 17, 2016

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
Correction:

Before the changes, trip mines were merely funny.

After the changes, trip mines are incredibly funny, because you get to watch hoards of cops commit suicide by walking into a room full of fire, or even listen to their horrible screams of pain as they burn to death halfway across the map.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

John Murdoch posted:

V key by default.
:vince: I never got this memo.

Renegret posted:

:cop::hf::cop:

I stopped playing around the time the Diamond Heist came out. At the time I had all but 5 achievements in the game.

Started playing a bit yesterday and I'm at 60% cheevos with 200 down. I have a lot of work ahead of me.

Lots of great changes in this game though. I always loved trip mines, now they're legitimately good instead of just being really, really funny. The balance changes means I can use any gun I want and not gimp myself (I'm looking at you, JP36).

However, Wolf remains the best character and the best voice line in the game remains Wolf getting tazed.
I just started playing recently before the skill overhaul after I bought the game on sale and I cant believe what I missing. Though I have been told that I started playing at the right time in terms of fun and game balance. It also helps that goons have been incredibly helpful when it has come to learning the game and gaining levels after going Infamous.

And yeah, I think the weapon balance is great that you can realistically use any gun and not be objectively terrible.

The screaming when the cops ignore fire then catch on fire is a highlight.

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

Renegret posted:

Correction:

Before the changes, trip mines were merely funny.

After the changes, trip mines are incredibly funny, because you get to watch hoards of cops commit suicide by walking into a room full of fire, or even listen to their horrible screams of pain as they burn to death halfway across the map.

Dear sir, I would like to introduce you to the flamethrower. And Dragon's Breath shotguns. And incendiary grenade launchers. And molotovs.

But mostly the flamethrower, because it is the best weapon.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Tempest_56 posted:

Dear sir, I would like to introduce you to the flamethrower. And Dragon's Breath shotguns. And incendiary grenade launchers. And molotovs.

But mostly the flamethrower, because it is the best weapon.

I have yet to unequip molotovs since I first tried them. I haven't tried out dragon's breath ammo or incendiary grenade launchers yet but the flamethrower is a ton of fun. A bit of a pain in the rear end because of the reload time though.

I did bad things with the flamethrower and bulletstorm the one time I tried it though, it's a ton of fun. I'm glad overkill difficulty remains easy enough that I can dick around with silly weapons but challenging enough that it's not a cakewalk.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.
Wow this skin system sucks the big one.

EDIT: I added a link to an imgur album above to show what I'm talking about... it's just... not optimized and lovely.

Skunkrocker fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Jul 17, 2016

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Skunkrocker posted:

No. Stop. Break.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

Discendo Vox posted:

No. Stop. Break.

Not talking about that, I'm literally talking about how the skins work. Jesus, again? Really?

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Skunkrocker posted:

EDIT: I added a link to an imgur album above to show what I'm talking about... it's just... not optimized and lovely.

Haha wow no wonder most of the skins in this game look bad

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005
Tripwire mines are funny until one explodes right next to you when you're playing a dodge build. :mad:

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

then they're HILARIOUS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
wait people use tripmines? i thought that they're the new old sentries