Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
My Nexus 6p is big and epic. I thought it might be too big, but now I'm thinking it's not yet big enough. I'm man enough to break the 7" barrier. let's do it I say. Blow the lid off this bitch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Smythe posted:

My Nexus 6p is big and epic. I thought it might be too big, but now I'm thinking it's not yet big enough. I'm man enough to break the 7" barrier. let's do it I say. Blow the lid off this bitch.

get a nexus 7 with lte and DO IT

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Smythe posted:

compensating for something, mate?

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

i, too, choose to believe the unverified iwatch sales figures

Toady
Jan 12, 2009

The Management posted:

remember, the angrier nerds get, the better an apple product does.

there's a reason nerds get jobs programming web pages and adminning networks rather than designing consumer devices for neurotypicals

Kirk
Sep 22, 2003
has apple removed the headphone jack ye t

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
yes the latest leak confirmed that there will only be a lightning port

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Kirk posted:

has apple removed the headphone jack ye t

yes, you now have to Squirt™ your music wirelessly from your phone to your headphones

big shtick energy
May 27, 2004

Larry Parrish posted:

Its not like this is the iPod days where it really is the best product on the market when most other MP3 players don't even have pixel displays and use lovely (compared to today) flash memory.

were there mp3 players made with vector screens or something?

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

a lot of the other mp3 players at the time had LED or transflective LCD displays with 7-segment digits and a few icons built into the display structure, like a car radio or walkman. one scrolling line of "text"

tRAcK 01 . . . EIffEL_65 . . . bLUE . Mp3 . . .

you remember

Satellit3
Oct 21, 2008

hell ya.... tho i was still on a portable cd player lomarf when that track ripped the airwaves

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Sagebrush posted:

a lot of the other mp3 players at the time had LED or transflective LCD displays with 7-segment digits and a few icons built into the display structure, like a car radio or walkman. one scrolling line of "text"

you remember

this came on a friends pandora at a party last week

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
i don't know if I have small hands. they seem fine to me. what's the normal hand size?

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

zen death robot posted:

large enough to hold an iphone 6 in one hand and reach everywhere with your thumb

I can do that. my problem is with the nexus 5x which is bigger

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

uncurable mlady posted:

i don't know if I have small hands. they seem fine to me. what's the normal hand size?

its all about whether your hand is bigger than your face or not

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

uncurable mlady posted:

you can usually tell by whether or not it's bigger than your face

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Sagebrush posted:

you remember

the best was the mp3 disc players

i remember when the 'skipless' ones came out i figured out how to use a paperclip to get around the safety feature and blew my classmate's when it kept playing music even when i took the disc out

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
i also used different color sharpies to make lovely spin art on burnt discs it was great

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeha I did that too. CD players are cool.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
I made an MP3 CD player for cars back in the day. if you bought a headunit that played mp3s you might have had my firmware in it.

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge
man no wonder they were poo poo

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Unfortunately by the time anyone I knew had a CD player capable of playing MP3's, an iPod + a cassette input adapter was a billion times better

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Phoenixan posted:

:pusheen:

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

The Management posted:

I made an MP3 CD player for cars back in the day. if you bought a headunit that played mp3s you might have had my firmware in it.

i friend i carpooled with had one. thank you for the ben folds, postal service, & string cheese incident :)

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Phoenixan posted:

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Phoenixan posted:

:bow:

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
to know whether or not your phone is too big, please watch the following informational video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O99m7lebirE

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Larry Parrish posted:

Unfortunately by the time anyone I knew had a CD player capable of playing MP3's, an iPod + a cassette input adapter was a billion times better

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

The Management posted:

2005 scion xa, pioneer head unit ??

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Smythe posted:

2005 scion xa, pioneer head unit ??

don't think so. I don't know where some of it ended up but that is a bit too early for my code.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
The iphone without headphone jack is exactly the same as the ipod shuffle without buttons. Remember that

uncurable mlady posted:

android is still very bad. my favorite thing is that on the nexus 5x, a "small" android phone, it is impossible to reach touch targets on the upper left/right when holding the phone one handed because even a small android is bigger than the iPhone 6

also there's no reachability to bring it down

android is a mess! sad!

My nexus four is very nice. I can reach the whole screen with my thumb, and it runs the newest version of the Android operating system, because I Customized and Rooted it.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

There is one mistake hidden in this picture! Can you find it? Turn your computer over for the answer!

˙ʇı ɟo ʎʇıɹoظɐɯ ǝɥʇ sı ǝuo pɹıɥʇ ǝɥʇ ʇnq 'ǝʞɐʇsıɯ bıq ǝuo ǝsıɹdɯoɔ ɯǝɥʇ ɟo ןןɐ

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

GameCube posted:

loving cat chewed up my $35 Lightning earbuds that only work with one device

don't even need a cat, the things break by themselves and people are always coming into the used computer store i work at desperate for a third-party iphone cable for less than apple charges

we don't sell them anymore because the third-party ones also break and sometimes they don't even work in the first place.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
No you see, nothing needs a headphone jack anymore... We should just throw these milions of consumer products in the garbage since they only support 3.5mm input or output or whatever. Bluetooth is the future and I don't understand how radio works

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

"Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids -- no, I really mean it." Biden said.
3.5mm jack is literally the only reliable connection on the whole device. GG apple

Kirk
Sep 22, 2003
can you do voice + not lovely audio with bluetooth yet

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Kirk posted:

can you do voice + not lovely audio with bluetooth yet

depends on your definition of audiophile but my bluetooth/wired headset sounds good to me after trying it over both methods

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Stymie posted:

hahahaha eat poo poo tim you dongle craving accessories whore

jimmy iovine and dre are gearing up to destroy apple too

dongle craver would make a good user name

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

i just stream all my music so having pristine quality when at the gym isn't a huge deal

if i want to play perfect music ill put on some records

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Vintersorg posted:

if i want to play perfect music ill put on some records

:tizzy:

• Locked thread