Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI

:eyepop:

holy poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

NerdyMcNerdNerd posted:

I'm really wary of throwing unfamiliar smokes because it usually results in an AWP round sailing through my forehead when I peek, or when the smoke lands nowhere useful.

How often have you died with a stack of nades though? Unless you being an idiot and smoke off your team, it can hardly hurt.

Zig zagging, flashing, and not running directly through the middle help.

I'm talking simple, like, bouncing smoke at a flat angle to give you a few feet to push forward

Famethrowa fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Jul 17, 2016

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Depths posted:

holy poo poo

Valve needs to start trade banning these fuckers before they can offload their inventories

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

surc posted:

E: The answer is still 'just win more matches' though. Nobody knows the details, keep winning matches, eventually you'll rank up.

Fair enough. I had no idea they changed it.

Also who are the good youtube people to watch? I like having things explained to me because I am a baby gold nova.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret
Warowl is pretty neat.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Katamari Democracy posted:

Warowl is pretty neat.

WarOwl is the only guy that doesn't make me cringe. He has a wonderful voice :allears:

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
I'm not a huge fan of him. I saw his video on run and gun and hated it. Why would you say your game is competitive then not learn how to counter it? It was so weird.

I'll try his other videos though.

Demostrs
Mar 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
stop scope flick fire

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Depths posted:

holy poo poo

noice

NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004

Famethrowa posted:

How often have you died with a stack of nades though? Unless you being an idiot and smoke off your team, it can hardly hurt.

Zig zagging, flashing, and not running directly through the middle help.

I'm talking simple, like, bouncing smoke at a flat angle to give you a few feet to push forward

I rarely get caught with full utility. I might be too eager about using them ( especially on defense ). Trying to retake sites with no nades left kind of sucks.

Agoat posted:

Also who are the good youtube people to watch? I like having things explained to me because I am a baby gold nova.

I'd also like some Youtube and stream recommendations. I keep seesawing between MG and MGE ( occasionally DMG ).

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
loving love how these screenshots just come out of the woodwork. Real hard to make shady poo poo last when you give blackmail material out on a stick. If you ever piss off any of those people you conspired with, welp.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
FTC investigation should be good.

I don't think it's a case of 'hey me too' dogpiling but more like holy poo poo someone is going to jail.

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Big Q's House of Pancakes

Fun Shoe

Agoat posted:

I really like his matchmaking Academy videos where he breaks down how a round failed.

EvilBeard fucked around with this message at 15:03 on Jul 17, 2016

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

Agoat posted:

NerdyMcNerdNerd posted:

I rarely get caught with full utility. I might be too eager about using them ( especially on defense ). Trying to retake sites with no nades left kind of sucks.

I'd also like some Youtube and stream recommendations. I keep seesawing between MG and MGE ( occasionally DMG ).

steel, adreN, and NetcodeGuides.com. NCG is where players like DaZeD, ShahZaM, frozt, and others put up a lot of great match analysis videos, so you can definitely learn something if you have some time on your hands.

EDIT: I love how sometimes ESEA will upload some classic clips from old 1.6 matches to YouTube. Here's an oldie from FalleN:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACzX89s01uM

A TURGID FATSO fucked around with this message at 14:56 on Jul 17, 2016

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

EvilBeard posted:

I really like how matchmaking Academy videos where he breaks down how a round failed.

I just watched one and it was really good. I take back what I said about Warowl.

A TURGID FATSO posted:

steel, adreN, and NetcodeGuides.com. NCG is where DaZeD puts up a lot of great match analysis videos, so you can definitely learn something if you have some time on your hands.

I will be watching these tonight!

osker
Dec 18, 2002

Wedge Regret
Are any of you going to this ESL One event in Brooklyn on October 1? So far they only have G2 and SK booked for the event, but this poo poo is so close to my house that I'm gonna feel bad if I don't at least try to get my grognard on.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
Echo fox Tsm is about to start in the next 15 minutes or so

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

let's talk about feelings

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!

That's the nuke I know and love.

Also TACO owns

sleppy
Dec 25, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-B5u-WS-mew

casters almost as bad as NACS

stump collector
May 28, 2007
TSM is back baby

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Getting accused of cheating in casual by an angry kid is one of life's simple pleasures. :unsmith:

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

symbolic posted:

Getting accused of cheating in casual by an angry kid is one of life's simple pleasures. :unsmith:

I take joy in reminding them that people will see them get rekt in Overwatch when they report me :)

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret
Yeah Warowl is like the Day9 of the Counter Strike community. Yeah sure sometimes he makes silly videos but I think the majority of his lessons are helpful for new and older players alike. But bottom line is if you want to learn without commentary, please watch professional players play. It's how I get the majority of my AWP shots on maps besides Dust II.

Famethrowa posted:

WarOwl is the only guy that doesn't make me cringe. He has a wonderful voice :allears:

TimtheTatman has a wonderful voice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkCMlrDSVEg

Winkle-Daddy
Mar 10, 2007
WarOwl is the middle school teacher of CS. Decent depth of knowledge, excels at dealing with annoying shits, but there are much better people to learn from once you're ready.

Or so I've heard. I'm bad, and i still watch the WarOwl.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
Heaving watched more of his stuff I'm actually really liking him. I was put off at first by the first video I saw being him complaining about aggressive SMG players. I really like him now.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Winkle-Daddy posted:

WarOwl is the middle school teacher of CS. Decent depth of knowledge, excels at dealing with annoying shits, but there are much better people to learn from once you're ready.

Or so I've heard. I'm bad, and i still watch the WarOwl.

He's definitely geared towards novas and mgs, which is good, because the fundamental positioning errors he covers are something lots of other steamers don't cover.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Hes insanely cringey when he does waaaacky voices and a lot of his jokes fall flat for me but hes a really good dude and hes super helpful for some basic stuff. Def recommended for low master guardians and below

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
I've legit dropped so much in skill with this carpal tunnel and constant settings switching. Can't figure out if part of it is the mouse, the movements, etc... It's frustrating. Any zowie users tried them and switched back? I feel my castor is better for just general control.

I've also been trying to relearn how to take some engagements which has slowed down my clearing speed. What to focus on and how to clear angles. It's two steps back but hopefully three forward.

Or also could be the nonprime matchmaking I've been playing with my friends. People running around knifing the ground until the perfect time to peek.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Good to see they actually do look at reports.

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
really because goons have been reporting me for a year and nothings happened

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
It was most likely the guy who was on my team named I HAVE WALLS. Who did in fact have walls and was calling out were the enemy team was the whole match.

NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004

ded posted:

Good to see they actually do look at reports.

This is my favorite thing to log into. I wouldn't even bother with reports and the occasional overwatch if I didn't get those messages.

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
Yeah. And how often do you get it? Maybe once in a decade - even after I've logged people on vacstat.us and reported, I haven't received one of those reports in ages.

Also to my previous comment - it was the non-prime matchmaking. Total cesspool.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
I'm not sure if prime is a lot better, but i know non prime feels a lot worse.

i think steam has added support for more phones if anyone here still hasn't got access to prime MM

surc
Aug 17, 2004

This thread is a flat circle

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

surc posted:

This thread is a flat circle

Welcome to games

1.2 @ 800

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Finally hit MG2 with the updated matchmaking weighting, always nice to break your high score :)

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

exethan posted:

I'm not sure if prime is a lot better, but i know non prime feels a lot worse.

i think steam has added support for more phones if anyone here still hasn't got access to prime MM

I don't have access to prime due to the level requirement. The reduced xp penalty is so dumb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
http://plays.tv/video/578db38a7580170367/lunch-lunch-lunch?from=user