Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CharlieWhiskey
Aug 18, 2005

everything, all the time

this is the world
If you haven't seen Ted 2, and you like dick and weed and fart jokes and a bunch of scifi references and 3 4 Star Trek alum, then see it.

CharlieWhiskey fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Jul 18, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RaspberrySea
Nov 29, 2004
Some of those covers are pretty funny.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Man, DS9, Our Man Bashir is either the very best or very worst episode of the series and I can't decide which.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Where does it rank among all holodeck episodes?

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

MorgaineDax posted:

Now what, me worry?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

WickedHate posted:

Where does it rank among all holodeck episodes?

I can't decide!

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."

Rhyno posted:

Man, DS9, Our Man Bashir is either the very best or very worst episode of the series and I can't decide which.

Best overall holodeck episode, any series.

Top 20 non-arc DS9 episodes.

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

"You treat her like a lady... and she'll always bring you home."

Rhyno posted:

When faced with a choice like this, I tend to ask: "Did the cast visibly enjoy doing this?" If so- as is clearly the case for Our Man Bashir- it is one of the very best.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Mukaikubo posted:

When faced with a choice like this, I tend to ask: "Did the cast visibly enjoy doing this?" If so- as is clearly the case for Our Man Bashir- it is one of the very best.

Nana Visitor was clearly having more fun than anyone else. Her hammy accent is amazing.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Rhyno posted:

Nana Visitor was clearly having more fun than anyone else. Her hammy accent is amazing.

She's great at hamming it up. Check her out in the Night Court episode "Educating Rhoda".

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Mister Kingdom posted:

She's great at hamming it up. Check her out in the Night Court episode "Educating Rhoda".

She's the only saving grace of the MU episodes.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Rhyno posted:

A Bond ripoff where the villain's plan actually succeeds is a great idea. That Bashir triggers the plan is the icing on the cake.

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

Wouldn't work. Eventually the rule would be broken.

Roddenberry and/or Gerrold said at the beginning "no space pirates, not now not ever" and by the end of TNG we'd seen at least two episodes with space pirates.
I'd be fine with The Traveler making the Enterprise go Warp 15 if there was a short clip after the credits of Diane Duane and Michael Reaves being punched in the (lady)dicks.

CharlieWhiskey posted:

If you haven't seen Ted 2, and you like dick and weed and fart jokes and a bunch of scifi references and 3 4 Star Trek alum, then see it.
I lost interest during the court case that was basically Measure Of A Man but not as funny. The only giggle they got out of me after that was Worf+Tick.

CharlieWhiskey
Aug 18, 2005

everything, all the time

this is the world

Cat Hatter posted:

I lost interest during the court case that was basically Measure Of A Man but not as funny. The only giggle they got out of me after that was Worf+Tick.

I did nearly lose interest in the courtroom scenes, but I stuck it out for more Dorn cameos.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Cat Hatter posted:

I'd be fine with The Traveler making the Enterprise go Warp 15 if there was a short clip after the credits of Diane Duane and Michael Reaves being punched in the (lady)dicks.

My understanding is that the script was so heavily rewritten that it bears only a superficial resemblance to what the credited writers actually turned in.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.
Really obscure request: does anyone happen to have a gif of Riker's reaction when Ro and Geordie rematerialize in The Next Phase?

Asmodai_00
Nov 26, 2007

Rhyno posted:

Brooks could have literally started eating the set and it somehow would have been perfectly okay in that episode. It's amazing

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Ds9 Holodeck episodes are all good. Vic, baseball, arms dealers, bond, it's all solid.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

I liked that they got a letter from MGM for that episode, though I don't think there's much legal ground to stand on there. Yeah it was obviously Bond but it's all parody.

Garak's incredulousness about the whole thing was great.

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

Looks like folks around the world will be able to watch the new Trek series on Netflix, while Canada will watch it on Bell's Space network. So it appears they really want to get it out to everyone.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Wee Bairns posted:

Looks like folks around the world will be able to watch the new Trek series on Netflix, while Canada will watch it on Bell's Space network. So it appears they really want to get it out to everyone.

Oh, nice! I hope Bell gets the rights to put it up right away on the Space Go app.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

Wee Bairns posted:

Oh good, maybe the show isn't doomed to fail now.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Wee Bairns posted:

Except the USA?

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Which is annoying because I live in the US and have a Netflix subscription but now I'm going to have to pony up for CBS' stuff for 3 months or however long it will take to air the whole thing

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Wee Bairns posted:

Oh that's awesome news. Sucks for the US and Canada, but the rest of the world won't have to struggle.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Wee Bairns posted:

Where is my VPN to connect to France?

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time

MorgaineDax posted:

"poo poo's hosed, yo."

CommaToes
Dec 15, 2006

Ecce Buffo
I've been watching DS9's first season again for the first time in a while (I usually just watch the pilot, Duet and the last ep of the season), and I am enjoying what a shitheap the station is for the first little while.

Everything is always broken and you can tell that the crew doesn't have a handle on it yet.

The Dark One
Aug 19, 2005

I'm your friend and I'm not going to just stand by and let you do this!

CommaToes posted:

I've been watching DS9's first season again for the first time in a while (I usually just watch the pilot, Duet and the last ep of the season), and I am enjoying what a shitheap the station is for the first little while.

Everything is always broken and you can tell that the crew doesn't have a handle on it yet.

And I love that it immediately falls apart whenever O'Brien isn't there to hold things together.

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor

Leonard Nimoy is as confused as the rest of us.

Possibly the Gold Key-iest cover and "late60soffbrandcomicsart.jpg" all the way down to the sleepy, muted colors.

Love the poo poo out of that goofy 60s logo, though.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Personally, I love the rocket flames coming out of the secondary hull and nacelles.

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

Wee Bairns posted:

Well, I guess they realized they needed something to break up the endless reruns of Castle

Evek
Apr 26, 2002

"It's okay. I wouldn't remember me either."
For once its the US getting hosed for streaming. Guess it'll be like a BSG situation where where everything was torrented from the initial Sky broadcast.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
People proxying to the UK is nothing new. Americans want our precious Doctor Who. :eng101:

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I expect it'll be out on CBS All Access before Netflix, so it'll be a torrent-o-rama anyway.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

MikeJF posted:

I expect it'll be out on CBS All Access before Netflix, so it'll be a torrent-o-rama anyway.

Same day, apparently.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?
So, uh, someone buy this for me.

I ended up getting the 1/350 Enterprise refit model from Amazon because it was on sale. Now I think I'm going nuts because I'm planning on getting a pearlescent white gloss paint as the base for the aztec decals and aaaaagh.

The model is pretty drat big too.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Does Netflix do weekly episodes?

CharlieWhiskey
Aug 18, 2005

everything, all the time

this is the world

Cojawfee posted:

They do thrice weekly for Chelsea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Cojawfee posted:

Yeah, some of their shows release weekly instead of all at once.