Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Pfffhahahahaha, gently caress Nina forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

This one's funnier
https://twitter.com/80s_anime/status/754831132445794304

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Then again, I'm always surprised by how tastes differ for Gundam series between North America and Japan. I mean, Wing only became as popular as it did due to Toonami, whereas it doesn't have as large a following in Japan, while the Japanese seem to loving love 0083 despite it being middling at best stateside.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Arcsquad12 posted:

Then again, I'm always surprised by how tastes differ for Gundam series between North America and Japan. I mean, Wing only became as popular as it did due to Toonami, whereas it doesn't have as large a following in Japan, while the Japanese seem to loving love 0083 despite it being middling at best stateside.

Well Zeon apologia is a big deal in Japan.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

T.G. Xarbala posted:

So what you're saying is gently caress Shinzo Abe?

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
D&D's over there, gents.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Bad Seafood posted:

D&D's over there, gents.

Wasn't me officer

I was just holding this blu-ray of MS Igloo for a friend

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

T.G. Xarbala posted:

is this actually the case, or does it just exist in some form and over here in the wwest we're overexposed to the eastern side of things having some minor pro-zeon tendencies

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

ninjewtsu posted:

is this actually the case, or does it just exist in some form and over here in the wwest we're overexposed to the eastern side of things having some minor pro-zeon tendencies

It's common enough to be a character archetype in media that makes fun of otakus

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

I'm kind of curious why Beltorchika's so loathed, I'll admit. Never seen Zeta, so all I really know is that she shacked up with Amuro, and she probably filled a role Sayla would have taken otherwise. Now, I can see hate coming from both those (Sayla's cool, and fans have a notorious tendency to wish horrible revenge on anyone foolish enough to get between them and their fictional crush), but not top three hate.

So, why's Beltorchika so bad?

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

ninjewtsu posted:

its common enough that a famous singer reciting the gihren zabi funeral speech at a concert was met with striaght up applause and cheers.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Relena being #1 female makes me unreasonably happy.

I guess Japan likes insane people who take no guff from anyone.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

chiasaur11 posted:

I'm kind of curious why Beltorchika's so loathed, I'll admit. Never seen Zeta, so all I really know is that she shacked up with Amuro, and she probably filled a role Sayla would have taken otherwise. Now, I can see hate coming from both those (Sayla's cool, and fans have a notorious tendency to wish horrible revenge on anyone foolish enough to get between them and their fictional crush), but not top three hate.

So, why's Beltorchika so bad?

Beltorchika is very aggressive about going after Amuro and it can kind of come off as clingy or possessive I guess?

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

mr. stefan posted:

its common enough that a famous singer reciting the gihren zabi funeral speech at a concert was met with striaght up applause and cheers.

I think it's possible to think the famous badguy speech is cool without being a neonazi

https://youtu.be/AEJ7My5us28

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
that book is amazing

https://twitter.com/80s_anime/status/754840182264827905
ya this one was pretty obvious

https://twitter.com/80s_anime/status/754824595304218625
haha kou as best husband

https://twitter.com/80s_anime/status/754825993618124800
at least they got this one correct

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
There is so much i disagree on with the most fashionable list

e: My friend has a vive and I was playing it today. The entire time the only thing I could think of was how it would be perfect for a gundam build fighters game that will never be made. The control system is already pretty close to the one on the show.

Snooze Cruise fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Jul 18, 2016

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
They have at least 3 child soldiers with severe relational and emotional issues in the 'Best boyfriend' category.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Pureauthor posted:

They have at least 3 child soldiers with severe relational and emotional issues in the 'Best boyfriend' category.

And yet, they're all better choices than Kou.

I do not understand the minds of the women responding to these polls. I initially assumed such insight was possible. Now, I have my doubts.

(Heero more fashionable than Trieze? What is this madness?)

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Pureauthor posted:

That is like the least surprising part of all of this.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

chiasaur11 posted:

I do not understand the minds of the women responding to these polls. I initially assumed such insight was possible. Now, I have my doubts.

Some women like a fixer-upper.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Pureauthor posted:

It's "Would gently caress" vs. "Would have a stable, loving and caring emotional relationship with"

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

chiasaur11 posted:

Japanese women must like boys who can pull off a crop top

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Who would want to marry Bright?

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

BlitzBlast posted:

Mirai

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Also Emary.

One of my favorite things in the Origin so far (and it's good enough there's a lot of favorite things) is how dense Bright is about Mirai liking him. To the point there's graffiti in the bowels of the White Base discussing how gay he has to be.

chiasaur11 fucked around with this message at 07:09 on Jul 18, 2016

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

chiasaur11 posted:

Hey, Kou might be a mediocre pilot who makes bad decisions in combat but he would probably be a pretty good husband. He's consistently portrayed as kind and devoted, and he's pretty academically smart. Mora even comments that guys like him are really rare in the Federation military so Nina should give him a serious chance.

In terms of someone to settle down and live a normal life with, he'd be a way better pick than almost any other Gundam protagonist because most Gundam protagonists are seriously messed up mentally or emotionally. Of Gundam male leads who might not be horrible to try to live a normal life with that don't have crippling mental problems or aren't operating on a completely different mental wavelength than normal people, you've got what, Kou, Judau, Bernie, Shiro, Usso, Garrod, and Seabook?

I guess Bellri and Loran as well.

Philosopher King
Oct 25, 2006
If wing is the worst gundam why doesn't anyone use comparisons between it and the characters to anything else?

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
What I'm struggling to get past is that H/Allelujah was the Meister who made it onto the 'best husband' list. C'mon, the Lockons are right there.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Lockon as best husband? Please, both of them were afraid of commitment. The only Gundam Meister capable of the love, devotion and faithfulness required of a good husband is Setsuna.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

TTBF posted:

Lockon as best husband? Please, both of them were afraid of commitment. The only Gundam Meister capable of the love, devotion and faithfulness required of a good husband is Setsuna.

Setsuna was a terrible boyfriend, though? Wrecked and/or ditched every one of his robot ladyfriends. Exia-chan got the treatment three times in a row.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
MISTER BUSHIDO IS BEST HUSBAND BECAUSE HE YELLS ABOUT EVERYTHING BUT HE DOES SO WITH LOVE IN HIS HEART

PLEASE LOVE MISTER BUSHIDO, LADIES

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

TTBF posted:

The only Gundam Meister capable of love and devotion is Allelujah, as evidenced by the fact that 80% of his dialogue for the entire second season consisted solely of screaming his love interest's name.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

Philosopher King posted:

If wing is the worst gundam why doesn't anyone use comparisons between it and the characters to anything else?

??????????

what makes you think wing is the worst gundam?

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Kanos posted:

Hey, Kou might be a mediocre pilot who makes bad decisions in combat but he would probably be a pretty good husband. He's consistently portrayed as kind and devoted, and he's pretty academically smart. Mora even comments that guys like him are really rare in the Federation military so Nina should give him a serious chance.

In terms of someone to settle down and live a normal life with, he'd be a way better pick than almost any other Gundam protagonist because most Gundam protagonists are seriously messed up mentally or emotionally. Of Gundam male leads who might not be horrible to try to live a normal life with that don't have crippling mental problems or aren't operating on a completely different mental wavelength than normal people, you've got what, Kou, Judau, Bernie, Shiro, Usso, Garrod, and Seabook?

I guess Bellri and Loran as well.

I'd say Loran is pretty near the best choice for a normal life. He's actually shown he can do it. Worked a 9 to 5, kept up his friendships with people who weren't crazy mech pilots, moved to a nice cabin with the queen of the Moon, had a quiet retirement as far as we know.

Remarkably mature for a 17 year old. Not impossibly mature, but he's a standout.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Philosopher King posted:

I'm not sure what you mean by this or what brought it on but Wing is great. Even if it wasn't, it's no Stardust Memory or 00S2 or Destiny. Those are the worst as far as I'm concerned.

And good on you Japanese ladies for showing your great taste in Gundam women to admire. Relena will always be the best.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?

Not really surprised that the "cool" suit, the "cute" suit, and the "step on a gundam boy's face" suit are the top 3.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

BlitzBlast posted:

Yo.

(Also Ramba Ral got fourth, I'm surprisingly happy with that turnout. :swoon:)

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Someone please explain to me how the everloving gently caress Kou Uraki of all people placed higher than Treize Kushrenada on the "most fashionable" list. :psyduck:

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

The GIG posted:

Not really surprised that the "cool" suit, the "cute" suit, and the "step on a gundam boy's face" suit are the top 3.

Well, those are all the same suit, after all. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

Harry Ord should be on the top of best boyfriend/husband/most fashionable