Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Well, it doesn't have Lucas personally throwing millions of dollars an episode at it like Clone Wars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
It's also been the best STAR WARS property in a long long time. I'm not even that into it usually but caught some with my nephew and then went back and watched the whole thing.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

muscles like this? posted:

In case anyone is wondering, yes the blue guy on the poster is Thrawn. They're officially bringing him into the new canon.

Thrawn Janet, the RL Stevenson story.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

DrVenkman posted:

It's also been the best STAR WARS property in a long long time. I'm not even that into it usually but caught some with my nephew and then went back and watched the whole thing.

Is there anywhere legal to watch it online? I don't have Disney XD anymore and haven't been able to watch the latest episodes.

Even when I did have it, Comcast would gently caress with my recordings of the show. It would sometimes skip recording the show for weeks on end, and then it would record the same episode over and over. So, what I've seen is very mix and match.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's on Netflix in Canada, but in the US you can only buy it.

Edit: No wait, that's Clone Wars. It's not for streaming anywhere I guess.

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

:effort:

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Only a month to find out if it worst then Food Fight.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Rirse posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VoNgLnjzVg

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

Rirse posted:

Only a month to find out if it wurst then Food Fight.

FTFY

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Rirse posted:

So far I'm not seeing any haphazardly-made animation and inexplicable racism, so it might be a bit better already.

Meanwhile, The Walking Dead promotes its next season by reminding its viewers of that season finale they all hated.

grahf987
May 11, 2009
Ill see it with that cast, but movie 32, 34, or 42 or whatever the hell it was promised a good cast as well. They are actual funny actors in a comedy so maybe it will work out.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
The hot dog movie looks good from the trailer but as with all comedies I'll wait 2 or 3 weeks for the twitter/SA buzz to render their final verdict.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?

The MSJ posted:

So far I'm not seeing any haphazardly-made animation and inexplicable racism, so it might be a bit better already.

Meanwhile, The Walking Dead promotes its next season by reminding its viewers of that season finale they all hated.

NOW RUN TO TWITTER AND TELL US WHICH CHARACTER WE SHOULD KILL SERIOUSLY WE DON'T HAVE ANY IDEA WHAT WE'RE GONNA DO THIS IS HARD

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Wait why is Darth Maul there he was cut in half and dumped into a reactor

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

fatherboxx posted:

He became a robot spider man.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
It's a real WIld WIld West situation.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
A jedi is near, I have..... smelled his presence.

Seriously, the noses on those characters.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Vagabundo posted:

He has a pretty compelling story arc, surprisingly enough.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

fatherboxx posted:

Remember when Boba Fett didn't die in the Sarlacc pit? Well...

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

my friend told me about that finale (have no interest in watching the show myself). lol times a thousand. I thought it was pretty cool on paper tbh

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Vagabundo posted:

Anyone who thought that bringing back Maul was a good idea should not be allowed anywhere near Star Wars

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

What happened on TWD?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Illinois Smith posted:

NOW RUN TO TWITTER AND TELL US WHICH CHARACTER WE SHOULD KILL SERIOUSLY WE DON'T HAVE ANY IDEA WHAT WE'RE GONNA DO THIS IS HARD

It's like an Anti American Idol. "Who should we fire from their job!????"

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

Mister Chief posted:

What happened on TWD?

The closing shots of the season finale indicate that one of the main characters got their head caved in with a baseball bat, but they don't reveal which character it was

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

CopywrightMMXI posted:

The closing shots of the season finale indicate that one of the main characters got their head caved in with a baseball bat, but they don't reveal which character it was

It's also something they pulled recently with Glenn, who disappeared for most of the season and last he was seen, he was put into a cliffhanger situation, until a flashback episode showed how he got away from certain death. So, you can see why Walking Dead fans are starting to get fed up with it.

Edit: gently caress spoiler tagging that, Glenn's right there in that ad.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

Improbable Lobster posted:

Anyone who thought that bringing back Maul was a good idea should not be allowed anywhere near Star Wars

And yet weirdly the show makes it work. It does infinitely more interesting things with him than EPISODE 1 did.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Improbable Lobster posted:

As it's been said, it somehow worked out and he's a REALLY good villain. Clone Wars basically erases some of the bad things of the PT.

There are some great arcs like the Mandalorian world and Obi Wan being in love with their leader but sticking to Jedi code.

The Clone Troopers multi-part stories on fighting their programming and being individuals.

Anakin is so well done in the series as well.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

Are you serious. I know the original was a remake, but man it's a perfect movie. What could they possibly add to it?

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Jerk McJerkface posted:

Are you serious. I know the original was a remake, but man it's a perfect movie. What could they possibly add to it?

Technically, the original was an adaptation. :spergin:

I kind of want to see it, because Seven Samurai and The Magnificent Seven are my favorite movies of all time. But then again I don't want to see it for the same reasons if they gently caress it up and add meaningless side-plots.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Jerk McJerkface posted:

Vincent D'Onofrio for one

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

Harlock posted:

Vincent D'Onofrio for one

Him hiding behind the 'E' on that poster is really making me laugh for some reason.

That poster sucks, but the cast is solid and it's directed by Antoine Fuqua, so I'm gonna see it.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
I have watched every version of Seven Samurai and Yojimbo and enjoyed all of them, so I am looking forward to this one too. Great cast, good director, rock solid story to base it on.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Vintersorg posted:

As it's been said, it somehow worked out and he's a REALLY good villain. Clone Wars basically erases some of the bad things of the PT.

There are some great arcs like the Mandalorian world and Obi Wan being in love with their leader but sticking to Jedi code.

The Clone Troopers multi-part stories on fighting their programming and being individuals.

Anakin is so well done in the series as well.

They could not possibly have created an original character that was more stupid than bringing back the dude who got cut in half and his brother Savage Opress

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

DrVenkman posted:

And yet weirdly the show makes it work. It does infinitely more interesting things with him than EPISODE 1 did.

So he really is the Bobba Fett of the PT.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Young Freud posted:

It's also something they pulled recently with Glenn, who disappeared for most of the season and last he was seen, he was put into a cliffhanger situation, until a flashback episode showed how he got away from certain death. So, you can see why Walking Dead fans are starting to get fed up with it.

Edit: gently caress spoiler tagging that, Glenn's right there in that ad.

Not even that. It's that his character and the way he appears in the series was a known thing. His arrival is marked by the brutal death of Glenn in the comics - but we knew that'd change for the series.

So the whole season they kept teasing basically "NEGAN'S COMING!!! WHO'S HE GONNA KILL!?!?!?!" and then they get down to it finally at the very last scene and were just like "nah we're not gonna tell you."

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Jerk McJerkface posted:

Just be glad they didn't do it with a cast of women. Because if it's bad you'll be allowed to pan it.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

CopywrightMMXI posted:

Ah, the Dynasty style of finales prioritizing contact negotiations over storytelling.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Peanut President posted:

Just be glad they didn't do it with a cast of women. Because if it's bad you'll be allowed to pan it.

:whitewater:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

computer parts posted:

So he really is the Bobba Fett of the PT.

No, that's Jango Fett.