Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

teagone posted:

How many are playing Guilty Gear?

Sign usually has about 100 people on average playing it on Steam, dunno about Rev and PS4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

I wonder what Overwatch's daily numbers look like.

Mattavist
May 24, 2003

https://twitter.com/fubarduck/status/754921916683608064

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

dangerdoom volvo posted:

its because people who play for instance guilty gear are for the most part pretty invested and knowledgeable about their game which makes new people think you have to know all the poo poo you learn over a decade right away, whereas street fighter has a reputation for being simple even thoguh its just as crazy as every other game the deeper you get

On that, I think there's a different between depth and breadth of knowledge. I feel like 3D fighters and some airdashers require a lot of the latter, knowing a bunch of little stuff so you just don't get rolled. Again, it's why I like recommending SF to people, although really, you're gonna play what you enjoy playing. The only FG my brother ever bothered trying to play was MKX, and the only game I could get my friends to try out in college was 3S (see, brian, I'm not all bad, I TRIED).

Also LOL

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you

Remember this controversy?

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

E-Sports, the future :rolleyes:

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I for one welcome our esports overlords, maybe we get a ban on Laura story alt.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Just remove Mika at this point imo

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

cloofish posted:

first they came for our buttslaps, but i didn't say nothing because i didn't give a gently caress
then they came for our revealing costumes, but i didn't say nothing because i like her alts better anyway
then they came for r mika itself

turns out the police state ain't all that bad

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

play

marvel

https://a.pomf.cat/oawbvy.webm

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

This is really good.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

cloofish posted:

this

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I'm not sure if Zangief is still allowed to be Mika's mentor because he will never make it to EVO finals

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Yes everyone should do this

apple
May 18, 2003

Jose in the club wearing orange suspenders
I think Revelator is a way better experience for the FG enthusiast but it's world's apart in terms of learning curve. Offline SFV is much better for babby's first FG, for better or worse. :shrug:

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
The real babby's first FG isn't until next year though and it has freaking Dex-Starr in it.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Online SFV is good for learning FGs now too since they fixed matchmaking so that you aren't playing against Silvers when you have 0 LP

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Had some great matches this morning, I think I'm starting to learn how to read and punish certain characters. Probably just dumb luck, but hell, this game is fun.

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

haha I was wondering if that's what happened

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Called it.

Safety Scissors
Feb 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Did anyone use the Chun-Li ult because I can't see that one being kosher either.

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business
Sakura upskirt shots just all over ESPN next year. Capcom will call it a publicity stunt success.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
By 2019 ESPN will have its programming lineup dominated by Pokemon themed hentai

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
So they cared about the R.Mika cheesecake but didn't mind LI Joe and that Japanese guy playing nearly identical Nash costumes?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

dangerdoom volvo posted:

its because people who play for instance guilty gear are for the most part pretty invested and knowledgeable about their game which makes new people think you have to know all the poo poo you learn over a decade right away, whereas street fighter has a reputation for being simple even thoguh its just as crazy as every other game the deeper you get

I think SF is harder to play than GG because the options are more limited and the movement is so stiff but they both have their place I suppose

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Lothire posted:

And now I'm ready for the Nash nerfs.

:lol:
did you miss the balance memo? Capcom won't be doing any.

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

Microwaves Mom posted:

:lol:
did you miss the balance memo? Capcom won't be doing any.

they'll just keep adding bugfixes that just so happen to change the balance of the game

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

In Training posted:

I think SF is harder to play than GG

:agree:

i've mashed out like 15 hit combos in gg by accident when i'm on tilt and freaking out at the end of a match but that's impossible in sfv.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Dias posted:

first they came for our buttslaps, but i didn't say nothing because i didn't give a gently caress
then they came for our revealing costumes, but i didn't say nothing because i like her alts better anyway
then they came for r mika itself

turns out the police state ain't all that bad

Moh viadão vc

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

ESPN-safe Burka DLC costume pack for all characters (especially Gief, he's the most naked of them all), let's go.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

don't be like that also don't use the literal slave owner meme :smith:

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

sharrrk posted:

whoa i loved soul calibur v but i don't remember it having any of those things. pokken is a good recent example though, even if it isn't that complicated over all.

namco makes good fighters, can't wait for tekken 7 and hopefully a soul calibur 6. hell if tekken x street fighter ever happens maybe my favorite street fighter juri will finally be in a good game

it actually did and had a versus mode focus without a bunch of dumb sp poo poo to get in the way

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Ahahaha.

People shouldn't loiter in graveyards.

Also I too am upset that everyone no-sells Mika's stunner. A FINISHER IS A FINISHER DAMNIT!

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

SFV: "It's better than nothing."

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.
You know, while everyone's being negative about SF5 I have at least one nice thing to say which is that I genuinely think the game's got a pretty good soundtrack.

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

I got into my car and ate my chalupa with a feeling of accomplishment.

Jack Trades posted:

ESPN-safe Burka DLC costume pack for all characters (especially Gief, he's the most naked of them all), let's go.

Legit improvement over her current costume selection

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

SuccinctAndPunchy posted:

You know, while everyone's being negative about SF5 I have at least one nice thing to say which is that I genuinely think the game's got a pretty good soundtrack.

I wish there was a way to avoid listening to Ryu and Ken themes for the 1000th time in online matches and listen to some of the really good stage music instead.

Buckwheat Sings
Feb 9, 2005
SF5 would be legit better if all characters had R.Mika nonsense.

Instead it has this 'sticky' quality.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
I still havent gotten tired of the music on Air Force Base.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I like the music on Kazuki Estate/Underground Arena (round 2) a lot and the DLC stages seem to have pretty solid themes (but I'm saving my fight money for characters)

I'm assuming all top 8 matches in CPT events will be played on that Ring of Destiny stage which is kind of a shame because the theme is kinda boring