Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer

Sorry, but no true Republican would ever vote for Democrat scum like that.

Like, if you showed me a Republican who just went with the status-quo in '96 and voted for Bill Clinton instead of Dole and that was the one time they veered off, OK. Maybe I accept that.

A "Republican" voting for both LBJ and Hillary is just too laughable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Hispanic outreach doing well I see.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Excuse me

Do you mean Nachos? Or did you mean tortilla chips, you PIECE OF poo poo?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Boosted_C5 posted:

There's no one more credible with Republicans than a "Republican" who crossed the aisle/is planning to cross the aisle at least twice to vote for a Democrat for POTUS, and not even for one of the decent ones but rather two complete scum bags like LBJ and Hillary Clinton.

Don't sell yourself short, you're certainly more credible.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

No wait, credulous.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

I wish I had a tub of nachos right now :smith:

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

What's wrong with lbj

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group

Boosted_C5 posted:

Like, if you showed me a Republican who just went with the status-quo in '96 and voted for Bill Clinton instead of Dole and that was the one time they veered off, OK. Maybe I accept that.

No more laughable than "Repubilcans" voting for Donald Trump.

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

Christ Christie lunch delivered.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Boosted_C5 posted:

You mean like Donald Trump?

Pook Good Mook posted:

No more laughable than "Repubilcans" voting for Donald Trump.

Trump voted Dem a whole bunch but like it was OK for Pence to vote for Iraq while it wasn't ok for Hillary, I'm sure boosted is about to clue us in to why this is fine.

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
LBJ was both a complete mega rear end in a top hat and pretty loving cool, and together with Nixon he's the most interesting president

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
https://twitter.com/dracioppi/status/755034244930473985

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/TomFontaineTrib/status/755035867207573504

does paul know where he is

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
:siren: Actual schedule available: https://issuu.com/gopc/docs/2016_order_of_business?e=22492385/37285849

Call to order is 12:50pm today. Lots of speeches from low-level party officials, then the reports of the committees and a recess until 7:50pm when the headline speeches begin.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

Karl Sharks posted:

https://twitter.com/SopanDeb/status/755022299103956992

really? couldn't think of any other time they were worse?

The argument is basically indistinguishable from saying we can't have a black president because racists won't like him and we have a lot of racists in the country.

FetusSlapper
Jan 6, 2005

by exmarx

TheTatteredKing posted:

What's wrong with lbj

Huge testicles. Had to order his pants special.

misty mountaintop
Jun 2, 2015

by Hand Knit

"I don't know what 18 years means."

Of course you don't, and neither does your pal Jeffrey Epstein.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Literally no one would believe him if he claimed to be a Browns fan.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Boosted_C5 posted:

Arizona, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia and South Carolina: The only places in the country where true republicans can be found, apparently

MadJackal
Apr 30, 2004

Boosted_C5 posted:

There's no one more credible with Republicans than a "Republican" who crossed the aisle/is planning to cross the aisle at least twice to vote for a Democrat for POTUS, and not even for one of the decent ones but rather two complete scum bags like LBJ and Hillary Clinton.

On Jan. 3, he declined to say under what circumstances he would use a nuclear weapon. “We have to be somewhat unpredictable,” he argued. The next day, he sidestepped a question about bombing Iranian nuclear facilities. “I want to be unpredictable. I’m not going to tell you right now what I’m going to do,” he told Bill O’Reilly on Fox News. “We have to show some unpredictability. I want to be unpredictable. I don’t want to tell you exactly what I’m going to do.” O’Reilly pressed the candidate: “Don’t the voters have a right to know how far you’re going to go?” Trump blew him off: “No, they don’t.” In fact, said Trump, “The voters want to see unpredictability.”

How is this guy not a little terrifying to you?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/thomaswburr/status/755038414307782660

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Joementum posted:

:siren: Actual schedule available: https://issuu.com/gopc/docs/2016_order_of_business?e=22492385/37285849

Call to order is 12:50pm today. Lots of speeches from low-level party officials, then the reports of the committees and a recess until 7:50pm when the headline speeches begin.

"MAKE AMERICA SAFE AGAIN" is the theme for day 1

:allears: You guys sure you want to devote a full day to that one?

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

MadJackal posted:

On Jan. 3, he declined to say under what circumstances he would use a nuclear weapon. “We have to be somewhat unpredictable,” he argued. The next day, he sidestepped a question about bombing Iranian nuclear facilities. “I want to be unpredictable. I’m not going to tell you right now what I’m going to do,” he told Bill O’Reilly on Fox News. “We have to show some unpredictability. I want to be unpredictable. I don’t want to tell you exactly what I’m going to do.” O’Reilly pressed the candidate: “Don’t the voters have a right to know how far you’re going to go?” Trump blew him off: “No, they don’t.” In fact, said Trump, “The voters want to see unpredictability.”

boomers just want to watch the world burn

Drastic Actions
Apr 7, 2009

FUCK YOU!
GET PUMPED!
Nap Ghost

Joementum posted:

I would have also accepted "Hil-ARIT-y ", but I guess spelling out LIAR is easier.

Dogstoyevsky
Oct 9, 2012

If there is no Dog, everything is permitted

misty mountaintop posted:

"I don't know what 18 years means."

Of course you don't, and neither does your pal Jeffrey Epstein.

:golfclap:

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

MadJackal posted:

Better nuclear obliteration than more emails. Smh, I guess email law just doesn't apply to some people

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

MadJackal posted:

Boosted has been fed so much anti-Hillary propaganda from the right wing that he believes she is an actively evil and corrupt woman who will be a worse President than Trump.

And he thinks she'll come for his guns, which is just 100% false.

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Joementum posted:

When this is over, they'll try to bury him.

"This" does not end, though :twisted:

sudo rm -rf
Aug 2, 2011

$ mv fullcommunism.sh
/america
$ cd /america
$ ./fullcommunism.sh

MadJackal posted:

this is the guy that made a name for himself unskewing the polls and predicting a romney victory right up until election night in 2012. it's possible he has no loving idea what he's talking about.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
Man this convention schedule sure does have a lot of entries for VIDEO or "procession lead by local nobody(s)"

sudo rm -rf posted:

this is the guy that made a name for himself unskewing the polls and predicting a romney victory right up until election night in 2012. it's possible he has no loving idea what he's talking about.

Yeah boosted is kind of famous for rejecting reality in favor of a narrative where the majority of people are just subtly repressed conservatives being drastically under polled by the media and undervalued by society

Mirthless fucked around with this message at 15:14 on Jul 18, 2016

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers

Mirthless posted:

"MAKE AMERICA SAFE AGAIN" is the theme for day 1

:allears: You guys sure you want to devote a full day to that one?

I'm curious about what they mean by "again". Do they want America to be as safe as it was crime peaked two decades ago, or when the threat of nuclear annihilation was a genuine concern, or is there some other golden era they have in mind?

TyroneGoldstein
Mar 30, 2005

MadJackal posted:

That is some terrifying poo poo. Straight up.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Trump is going to fly to Cleveland tonight, introduce Melania, fly back to New York after her speech, and then return to Cleveland on Wednesday.

Traditionally, the nominee does not appear at the convention prior to their name being placed in nomination.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

NYT posted:

The most notable Hispanic speaker on the schedule as of late Sunday was Senator Ted Cruz of Texas.

While I suppose technically correct I believe this is the first time I have seen Ted Cruz be referred to as Hispanic because as far as I have seen culturally he is about as white as they come.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/ShaneGoldmacher/status/755021920941125633

Our first audible groan of the convention?

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
I don't have nearly enough time to read this before work but here's a shitload of words on the thread topic

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/the-end-of-a-republican-party/

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

My eyes bugged out of my head and then I realized he was addressing a PA delegate breakfast.

powerofrecall
Jun 26, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Haven't seen this posted yet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diaCHYO7haY

e: or did I just miss it??

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth

I just hope the groan-counting machine is 64-bit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU