Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

ManofManyAliases posted:

It wasn't that it convinced anyone. They're better to respond to the AG instead of not responding. What would look worse? Responding, or not?

No,. Rather, in the letter, CIG states their side, says they had enough of him and refunded his money.

Nice false dichotomy. Of course they had to respond, however if they had a leg to stand on their response would have played out like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Bl32n6-JXc

Good day, sir.

e: chillsnype

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wrecked Angle
May 12, 2012

"JURASSIC PARK!"

Danknificent posted:

It may be even more chopped down than that. Like there may be trivial objectives along the way to Commander Oldman, and they each count as missions.

This is what will happen.

Yeah, you'll start the game and it'll be like..

'Press <<USE>> to open the door of your wankchamber' [Mission Accomplished]
'Press CTRL+R to pick up that weapon' [Mission Accomplished]

gently caress knows how they'll pad the 20 hours gameplay though. Maybe...

'Your mission Commando, should you choose to accept it, is to venture out and hunt down the power cells from 20 pirate craft' with each pirate giving like a 1/10 chance of dropping the drat thing.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

ManofManyAliases posted:

Maybe it's a surprise.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

ManofManyAliases posted:

It wasn't that it convinced anyone. They're better to respond to the AG instead of not responding. What would look worse? Responding, or not?

No,. Rather, in the letter, CIG states their side, says they had enough of him and refunded his money.

You, and the star citizen community, are the easiest marks in the world.

Lol.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

Azram Legion posted:

alright then:

Yes, I'm an idiot with a bleeding heart for trying to help someone obviously committed to fooling himself and making a fool of himself.

Yeah - I just noticed this since I turned forum notifications off.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Streetroller posted:

You realize a settlement involves an agreement of both sides? Are you really that ignorant?

In legal matters, he definitely is. The jury is out on everything else, but all evidence points to “yes.”

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

ManofManyAliases posted:

Anyone can say things. You do it all the time, quiet boringly.

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

Jinkies! Looks like we've got a mystery on our hands.

Streetroller posted:

What MoMa doesn't realize is that if they had an ironclad ToS, refusing the refund at the DA would not have costed them a loving dime.
HOWEVER, what MoMa doesn't want to face, is that I had a law firm that specifically deals with consumer fraud already on the take working for contingency, which doesn't cost me a loving dime.

So if they had refused, they would have been dragged into court for treble-damages, $3000 would suddenly turn into $9000 + damages on every count of consumer fraud.

See, he doesn't want to actually do any research because he might find out he's actually full of it.

:thurman:

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Fat Shat Sings posted:

This is like the worst semantics argument ever.

(streetroller) "CIG Give me a refund"
(CIG) "No"
(streetroller) "Attorney General, CIG Refuses to Give me a Refund"
(AG) "Is this true CIG? Are you refusing this refund and on what grounds?
(CIG) We refunded this idiot even though we didn't have to

:smug: The AG never directly said "Give them a refund" therefore there was no compulsion at all from the attorney general. I think this because I am stupid and want to be a baby arguing over every syllable because I'm a disingenuous gently caress

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

ManofManyAliases posted:

I am not paid by CIG.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htrt_-gjRQc

Azram Legion
Jan 23, 2005

Drunken Poet Glory
MoMA - good on you for replying to my message. I'll honor your trust by not posting your reply.

I will however say that I'm done. My belief that you could actually see reason was obviously misplaced. You have absolutely no self-awareness and no desire to examine your own behavior. Your reply was full of the usual deflections and refusals to face the point that I am making - a pattern that repeats itself endlessly in this thread. If you want to keep punching yourself in the balls repeatedly, for all eternity, then have at it. If you ever change your mind, feel free to PM me some actual answers.

Wrecked Angle
May 12, 2012

"JURASSIC PARK!"

Wrecked Angle posted:

I'll expand on this abbreviation for him.

We have been working really hard for the last 9 months to bring you...

1 x Mini Hauler ship (Flight ready)
1 x Argo shuttle ship, 2 versions. Can carry passengers (not yet in-game) and cargo (cargo not yet implemented).
1 x Pirate Outpost (Small) complete with all new stores.
Reworked landing zones - Not entirely different from old landing zones.
Reworked item system - We will now keep track of which outfits you've already bought*.

*This system is WiP so we may actually not be able to keep track of your outfits.

Am I right in thinking that's the 3rd place in this game you will be able to land your ship and walk around? Careful CIG RSI if you keep this up by 2020 you might have an entire star system finished.

I actually took a punt on this because I had absolutely no loving clue what 'Landing Zones 2.0' could be but...

Yeah, so basically that line is gently caress all.

Azram Legion
Jan 23, 2005

Drunken Poet Glory

Wrecked Angle posted:

I actually took a punt on this because I had absolutely no loving clue what 'Landing Zones 2.0' could be but...

So in other words a bug fix.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
I think it's more interesting that the AG has asked everyone seeking a refund to contact them so that they can gather more evidence for a case against CIG

That seems like a much bigger issue than whether or not, technically, CIG was compelled to refund Streetroller

Foo Diddley fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Jul 18, 2016

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/SandiGardiner/status/755133395278057472

https://twitter.com/banditloaf/status/755093797902684160

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.
MoMA thread time is worst thread time. My eyes just slide off his posts at the best of times, and responses aren't much better

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

ManofManyAliases posted:

No where in the AG letter did they compel CIG to pay. They're merely responding to a complaint and offering CIG a chance to do the same.

Holy poo poo, are you that dense?

So, it works like this, you loving drooling gibbon.

Assuming at each company step they deny refunds:

Step 1) Customer complains to company, requests refund
Step 2) Company has two options: Pay up or deny. (Most deny at this stage since there is no threat and there's nothing to lose)
Step 3) Customer sends a letter requesting a refund again, but this time threatens legal action
Step 4) Company has two options: Pay up or deny. (Most actually refund at this point because it's obvious the customer isn't going to just quit)
Step 5) Customer initiates legal action
Step 6) Company has two options: Pay up or deny. (anyone left at this stage almost always refunds instantly, only super rare cases where the consumer has no actual rights to a refund do they deny, but let's continue) [CIG crumpled here]
Step 7) Case goes to some form of arbitration. If the resolution is found in favor of the customer, it sets a precedent. Once a precedent is set, most similar cases will use it as a case study to shorten future cases.

The reason, you loving moron, that CIG refunded at the stage they did is because they don't want a precedent setting at this stage, because it will open a huge floodgate of refunds they simply could not meet. They would LEGALLY have to meet each refund request that is found in favor of the customer, which would probably be all of them. That would almost instantly reduce their liquid balance to a sizeable negative figure, and the company would almost instantly fold and go into liquidation.

You're a loving moron. STOP POSTING ABOUT poo poo YOU HAVE NO loving IDEA ABOUT.

Edit: hosed up my crumplezone

Xaerael fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Jul 18, 2016

Eldragon
Feb 22, 2003

Wrecked Angle posted:

I'll expand on this abbreviation for him.

We have been working really hard for the last 9 months to bring you...

1 x Mini Hauler ship (Flight ready)
1 x Argo shuttle ship, 2 versions. Can carry passengers (not yet in-game) and cargo (cargo not yet implemented).
1 x Pirate Outpost (Small) complete with all new stores.
Reworked landing zones - Not entirely different from old landing zones.
Reworked item system - We will now keep track of which outfits you've already bought*.

*This system is WiP so we may actually not be able to keep track of your outfits.

Am I right in thinking that's the 3rd place in this game you will be able to land your ship and walk around? Careful CIG RSI if you keep this up by 2020 you might have an entire star system finished.

You know what's missing from that list? Being able to buy ships or equipment with money you earn in-game.

But don't worry, its not a pay to win game because you'll be able to buy ships in-game "eventually".

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Eldragon posted:

You know what's missing from that list? Being able to buy ships or equipment with money you earn in-game.

But don't worry, its not a pay to win game because you'll be able to buy ships in-game "eventually".

Well of course it's not on the list. Because if it were people wouldn't buy ships using cold hard currency bux

Atreiden
May 4, 2008

Streetroller posted:

What MoMa doesn't realize is that if they had an ironclad ToS, refusing the refund at the DA would not have costed them a loving dime.
HOWEVER, what MoMa doesn't want to face, is that I had a law firm that specifically deals with consumer fraud already on the take working for contingency, which doesn't cost me a loving dime.

So if they had refused, they would have been dragged into court for treble-damages, $3000 would suddenly turn into $9000 + damages on every count of consumer fraud.

See, he doesn't want to actually do any research because he might find out he's actually full of it.

Streetroller posted:

You realize a settlement involves an agreement of both sides? Are you really that ignorant?

:drat: You just continue with the smackdown

Atreiden fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Jul 18, 2016

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Fat Shat Sings posted:

This is like the worst semantics argument ever.

(streetroller) "CIG Give me a refund"
(CIG) "No"
(streetroller) "Attorney General, CIG Refuses to Give me a Refund"
(AG) "Is this true CIG? Are you refusing this refund and on what grounds?
(CIG) We refunded this idiot even though we didn't have to
*Still hasn't given a refund*
(AG) "Have they given you a refund?"
(streetroller) "Nope"
*?????*
*CIG gives streetroller a refund*

FTFY. Currently, it's a mystery what happen between the investigator asking streetroller about CIG and CIG giving him a refund. I'd imagine CIG got notified somehow of a pending investigation and quickly authorized a refund.

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

ManofManyAliases posted:

For that sum, it would have been settled long before it would be kicked to small-claims court. But please, have that CA AG letter framed if it puts a smile on your face.

I cant believe I am dating you I want Chinese tonight

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
good news everyone!

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/4th2e4/official_25_feature_list/d5ha7pw

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

Wrecked Angle posted:

Also I like that they extended their version numbers from the PU to their patch notes now.

"PU 1.0......2.0.........2.1......2.2......2.3.....2.4!!!"

When it should really be 0.001v1 - 0.001v6

Just LOL at calling bugfixes (Buzzword) 2.0. Does that mean when landing Zones actually work right and you'll be using Landing Zones 5.0 on Version 3.0 of the Persistent Universe?

How do backers not see this is plain marketing? It's that mental trick retailers do when they price something at $19.99 so you think it's cheaper than $20.00 and are more likely to buy it. "Version THREE POINT OH. M O O N that spells progress!!"

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

ManofManyAliases posted:

No. You have a good point, and are obviously trying to box me into my own words (or not - just an assumption). CIG hasn't delivered on everything that was promised, and that's the issue. But they have terms that state their estimates are not hard promises and that they are making an attempt to deliver what was promised. That's going to be much more time consuming to explain than just giving him his money back.

this actually broke me... i want a back rub as well tonight, and you're doing the dishes

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Jesus, do these people have no self-respect?

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Gamescom booth looking good.

Junk Puncher
Dec 31, 2009

Sarsapariller posted:

I said this before but it still holds true. Ben's weight was a huge part of my motivation to start a diet and exercise program.
he had zero self-control, major health problems
it was also apparent that it was slowly killing him. It got me thinking- is that how others imagine me to be? I'm not that heavy, but with a little more stress and a few more years, could I be?

It just goes to show you what a year and some willpower (or lack thereof) can do. 11 months ago I started a keto diet. Six months ago I started cycling and weight lifting. I got in this morning from a 30 mile trail ride, down 70 pounds from where I started and feeling better than I have in years

Quoting from way back because I'm behind the thread. I didn't realize it until reading the recent Ben stiff, but I'm letting myself go these days. Like it's been a slow but steady decline for me. I'm only at ~200 lbs, which I know some people would scoff at and wish for, but it's the heaviest I've been in my life by at least 20, and I still eat candy all the loving time.

Thanks for the wake up call SA, time to get my poo poo together.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Caught up with the thread, like an unhealthy lifestyle with a severely overweight person#45983

But joking aside, I feel no sympathy for him. He inflicted this on himself. Sepsis is a typical problem of overweight diabetics. He had a choice and he chose more calories, no exercise and no efforts to get healthy. Especially he, who nearly went blind before, should know better than to risk diabetic eye disease costing him the rest of whatever eyesight he has left. Watch him lose a foot soon, too.
To be clear: he brought that upon himself. In almost all cases, obesity is a choice. And a reversible one at that.

The fact that he is a bad person getting their comeuppance is just a bonus that shows that Karma is a thing.

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

Were those not fine days, when we drank of clear honey, and spoke in calm tones of our love for the stuff?

SirPhoebos posted:

Jesus, do these people have no self-respect?

It's like if you text your girlfriend "Come home! I have surprise for you :)" and she gets all excited thinking its like a new kitten or an engagement ring, but really it's just the second mcdonalds apple pie that you were too full to finish.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

"We anticipate this to be mostly 'under-the-hood' improvements." So basically there will be nothing noticably different about Item 2.0. Also, "we anticipate"? You don't know for sure?

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

I mean good to finally see someone from CIG actually lowering expectations , but they've trained their cult so well for so long it doesn't even matter anymore

:freep:OMG gunfire 2.0 .... this is it I can finally back for 10k more!

:) Well actually gunfire 2.0 is simply a .cfg file alteration where the programmers corrected a spelling mistake

:freep:20k ! No 30k incase someone else gets a refund !!

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

ManofManyAliases posted:

No. You have a good point, and are obviously trying to box me into my own words (or not - just an assumption). CIG hasn't delivered on everything that was promised, and that's the issue. But they have terms that state their estimates are not hard promises and that they are making an attempt to deliver what was promised. That's going to be much more time consuming to explain than just giving him his money back.

Lol at crying about being boxed in by your own words.

You must have a lovely argument if you are worried it'll crumple and collapse.

CIG made a promise to deliver a game on November 2014, and made an arrangement to extend that estimation up to May 2016.

They haven't fulfilled their promise to deliver the final product (A.K.A. Star Citizen and Squadron 42, as a finalized product). Anyone who hasn't agreed to the June 2016 TOS is entitled to a refund and CIGs financials.

Claiming they refund people "out of generosity" is the dumbest lie you can tell yourself. Why would CIG spend money to "make someone go away" if they don't have to?

Giving Streetroller's money back means one of two things:

1. They are legally obligated to give refunds as per the non-June-2016-TOS

2. They are trying to buy good will and/or bribe people to shut them up. (Worked really well for that Derek Smart guy!)

Wrecked Angle
May 12, 2012

"JURASSIC PARK!"

So the hits keep coming. They have made are going to make 2 of the smallest ships in the game flight ready and the two vague lines about 'Feature 2point0' are both bullshit.

The only thing that is worth a drat which is being included is this GrimHEX Outpost which doesn't exactly sound huge and must have been being worked on by the level/environment design guys for 9 months!!

Progress is literally at a crawl. The only thing that can possibly swing these summer months into a positive vibe would be a shiny new Sq42 trailer, the question is do they have the content for one?

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
Toast why do you look like you are going to pull out whatever is plugged into the red outlet?

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

Kilmers Elbow posted:

Ben's body must be like playing No Man's Sky if you're a virus.
Bumping this from like 20 pages back.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

ManofManyAliases posted:

We all read the letter and agree with you that it makes CIG look entirely squeaky clean and on the level

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

Young Freud posted:

FTFY. Currently, it's a mystery what happen between the investigator asking streetroller about CIG and CIG giving him a refund. I'd imagine CIG got notified somehow of a pending investigation and quickly authorized a refund.

Actually Streetroller elaborated on that part in the interview he did. Right before that gigantic child stormed into the stream literally stumbling over himself to spout off the main talking points.

1) CIG, after the Attorney General got involved, said they would be refunding Streetroller (totally without compulsion though)
2) They didn't refund him and instead sent shipping information to paypal to have the chargeback cancelled
3) An investigator contacted streetroller to confirm he had received his refund, when told what had happened he promised to contact CIG on streetrollers behalf
4) within 24 hours CIG had refunded the money

So yeah, no compulsion there, at all. They just waited for days before providing shipping information for products that didn't exist to try and prove they had delivered something with "not-even-lovely-ebay-sellers-try-this-poo poo" levels of audacity then required a specific follow up from the AG's office.

No compulsion though. CIG just decided they didn't want streetroller as a backer.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

SirPhoebos posted:

When is Gamescon, by the way?

Two weeks(tm) times two.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

Wrecked Angle posted:

So the hits keep coming. They have made are going to make 2 of the smallest ships in the game flight ready and the two vague lines about 'Feature 2point0' are both bullshit.

The only thing that is worth a drat which is being included is this GrimHEX Outpost which doesn't exactly sound huge and must have been being worked on by the level/environment design guys for 9 months!!

Progress is literally at a crawl. The only thing that can possibly swing these summer months into a positive vibe would be a shiny new Sq42 trailer, the question is do they have the content for one?

Don't forget that GrimHex airlock will fail one out of the three times you use it with a fake alarm. So you get to stand there and listen to an alarm for a minute instead of say play the game.

• Locked thread