Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Does shooting at Dva's mech when its being ult dropped in damage it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Gimnbo posted:

They also like the way the rank system is working out, but want to find a way to make it obvious that it's a genuine ranking, rather than a race to 100 (possibly by not making it 1-100).

I believe it's currently an ELO-esque system like Chess, maybe just use their numbers as well. If 60 changed to, say, 1800 people would probably be more chill about it.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Internet Kraken posted:

Does shooting at Dva's mech when its being ult dropped in damage it?
D.Va's mech is invulnerable once you hit the explode button. Only way you can get rid of it is to charge or hook it into a pit.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Does Lucio's knockback right-click only hit one character? I tried to punt the entire enemy team off Lijang and I'm not sure if I botched it or it doesn't work that way.

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn

Bruceski posted:

Does Lucio's knockback right-click only hit one character? I tried to punt the entire enemy team off Lijang and I'm not sure if I botched it or it doesn't work that way.

No

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Must've botched it then. Probably because D.va was in front so I assume she caught the full blast, hit the guys behind her, and didn't go anywhere while they blew me apart. Ah well, would've been glorious if it worked so I have no regerts.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
I wish they'd patch in a "push now/go now" button.

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

try pressing your push to talk key, and saying those words aloud

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Nihilarian posted:

D.Va's mech is invulnerable once you hit the explode button. Only way you can get rid of it is to charge or hook it into a pit.

I meant the mech you summon with her ground ult.

Internet Kraken fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Jul 19, 2016

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Fibby Boy posted:

I wish they'd patch in a "push now/go now" button.

This button would be roughly as effective as the "Group up with me!' button.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Internet Kraken posted:

I meant the mech you summon with her ground ult.

p sure that mech's invincible until you can actually control it, but you can still kill the pilot before she gets in

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

A drunk "sorry bro it's quickplay" Hanzo main refused to do anything useful so we all went Hanzo and did better at it than him.

Of course we lost but it made him quit at least.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
D.Va's mech takes damage when you are climbing in. D.Va herself takes damage if you shoot her while she is getting into the mech. To avoid this, use your mech calldown to kill the player you are fighting.

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Rabid bats are welcome in my home
Props to the goon who went behind the enemy team to capture point B for the win while their entire team was kicking our faces in halfway back to point A.

It was all a part of our strategy. :shepface:

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
Edit: That was a weird double post. Ignore this.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

https://gfycat.com/TanDeepAracari

Timboslice posted:

Pretty sure everyone agreed it was about 9% chance.

Wow, just today I got Valkyrie and Blackhardt in back to back loot boxes.

Mystic Stylez fucked around with this message at 05:36 on Jul 19, 2016

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Nihilarian posted:

If you do charge it, please be aware of where your team is. Had a round tonight where my team hid behind a wall and 4 of us still died somehow. We were very confused in chat, and the enemy capped the last point a few seconds later. What do we see in the D.Va PoTG? Our Rein gleefully sending it over to our side of the wall, right before a friendly ice wall went up sealing our fate. It was so ridiculous I couldn't even be mad.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
So my buddies just got the game and I wanna play with them, but I'm level 80 and whenever we've grouped it's put us in a match catering to my level and they get rolled. I'm watching them play a ame now and it's all pre-10s except for two 80+ people on the -enemy- team.. how do I get into games like this with them where they're mostly facing people their own skill level?

Timboslice
Jan 4, 2008

The whole world must learn of our peaceful ways, by force!

Mystic Stylez posted:

https://gfycat.com/TanDeepAracari

Wow, just today I got Valkyrie and Blackhardt in back to back loot boxes.

Nice, two of the best skins in the game.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

Verranicus posted:

So my buddies just got the game and I wanna play with them, but I'm level 80 and whenever we've grouped it's put us in a match catering to my level and they get rolled. I'm watching them play a ame now and it's all pre-10s except for two 80+ people on the -enemy- team.. how do I get into games like this with them where they're mostly facing people their own skill level?

Are you leading the group? I am pretty sure it matches based on the group leader more than any other factor.

Of course, when you group up, you also get faced up against groups, so that might also be part of it.

If quickplay ends up untenable, though, you can always play Vs. AI until your friends get the basics down. This is what it is there for.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

gnome7 posted:

Are you leading the group? I am pretty sure it matches based on the group leader more than any other factor.

Of course, when you group up, you also get faced up against groups, so that might also be part of it.

If quickplay ends up untenable, though, you can always play Vs. AI until your friends get the basics down. This is what it is there for.

Yeah but the AI doesn't do what actual players do. I thought we tried with him elading and it ended up with him being level 1 and everyone else being 70+ but I may be mis-remembering. Guess we'll try again net time.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
When does Zero Suit D.Va become vulnerable after her mech is disabled? Say, if I'm McCree and I take out the MEKA, when should I throw the flashbang?

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~
PoTG selection is pretty bullshit sometimes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNIvrSRZtCM

bonus cause reaper is fun

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWj9mHo2diw

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

SpazmasterX posted:

PoTG selection is pretty bullshit sometimes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNIvrSRZtCM

You didn't get rewarded for your boring Q press. Don't see a problem here.

At least environment kills are funny.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

No Safe Word posted:

Yeah I've done it like a dozen times on PTR and I think I've run for like 10 of them. Also, since I'm used to using it as a bomb-and-run thing I would always boost and immediately ult and then run but really you can boost in and jump out close to the landing spot now to frag nerds.

I was thinking about that today and I still think I wouldn't stand too close to the ult most of the time. The good thing about zerosuit DVA is she does a lot of damage from far away, and one of the main benefits of the ult is when it's over you go back to full DVA health. There's not really a reason to stand that close to it, but at least now you won't kill yourself by mistake a lot

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
I hope I get a chanc eto play Ana tomorrow.

ImPureAwesome
Sep 6, 2007

the king of the beach

Internet Kraken posted:

You didn't get rewarded for your boring Q press. Don't see a problem here.

At least environment kills are funny.

I had a game yesterday on the lijang tower: garden map where the enemy team went all hanzos. They were all 6 clustered, sniping at the same spot on the bridge before the statue trading shots with our team on the point. Our Lucio snuck up behind them all and got a perfect team kill with a single boop. It was amazing

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
So after playing the beta, I was really hoping that Tracer would get a little buff to her survival since she's very weak. However, now the full release is here and Tracer is pretty useless. I get that she's supposed to be centered around a 'hit and run' play style, but she does so little damage and gets killed so easily, that she's hardly an asset to any team. Her ultimate also charges so slowly for a pretty comparatively weak ult (Tracer's ult can't even kill a tank at full health, meanwhile Mcree's/Reaper's ult will). She sacrifices both attack and defense for mobility, and I get that, but all the mobility in the world can't save you from getting one-shotted by many classes.

Here's a list of things I've found will kill an unbuffed Tracer in one shot.
-Charged Sniper hit anywhere (Widowmaker)
-Charged Storm bow hit anywhere (Hanzo)
-Fire Strike (Reinhardt)
-Direct hit from a rocket (Pharah)
-Direct hit from a grenade (Junkrat)
-Direct hit from helix rockets (Soldier 76)

On top of that;
-Mcree's 'fan the hammer' out does the pulse pistols' damage at close range, effectively guaranteeing Mcree will win at close range (and that's without being stunned from his flashbang)
-Mei's freeze-ray will freeze tracer in an instant, and while being frozen you can't blink/recall/attack, basically ensuring a free kill to Mei. (an she's so weak that the freeze-ray alone is almost enough to kill her)

Also, I really can't tell if this was intentional or not, but you are not invincible when mid-blink. This means that you can get hit mid-blink (and instantly die if its one of the ways listed above). This includes blinking across hallways and getting hit with the crossfire. You can also blink into Junkrat's traps, getting stuck in them half-way through a blink. This makes dashing into combat to 'hit and run' a great way to get killed before you even get into combat.

The tips for Tracer suggest stacking the buff of Torbjorn's armor packs and Symmetra's shield with her. However Tracer is an offensive hero, and Torbjorn and Symmetra are more defense oriented heros, so its unlikely that you'd have all three on a team. And even if you did, that would mean half of your team composition is to make tracer not useless (Tracer+Torbjorn+Symmetra= 3/6 of team). It just seems like alot of disadvantages to balance out the fact she has good mobility. There are so many counters to Tracer that if your enemy knows what they're doing you will die every time. Until they buff tracer, I'll stick to Genji, who has more health, more survival abilities, basically equal mobility (aside from recall), more damage potential, and a much better ult.

http://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20744394554

TheresaJayne
Jul 1, 2011

ImPureAwesome posted:

I'd be more interested in a weird game mode than a stealth character

You mean like a one person has to hack the point cannot move or do anything so their team mates have to defend?

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Tracer is quite difficult to kill and a well-played Tracer is hell on supports.

Listerine
Jan 5, 2005

Exquisite Corpse
The competitive playlist sucks, it's full of people who do not change their character regardless of how the fight is going. It's incredible to watch someone walk Bastion over and over and over again into turrets. In my last match I had a symmetra that refused to give me shields after shielding everyone else, the fucker waved at me but wouldn't give me shields.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

TheresaJayne posted:

You mean like a one person has to hack the point cannot move or do anything so their team mates have to defend?

Lucio is already mandatory for KOTH, we don't need another mode he always gets picked in.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

timebank loving sucks

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

What about a mode where anyone who dies gets converted to the other team, until one team has everyone (or whoever has a majority at round's end)?

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Verranicus posted:

So after playing the beta, I was really hoping that Tracer would get a little buff to her survival since she's very weak. However, now the full release is here and Tracer is pretty useless. I get that she's supposed to be centered around a 'hit and run' play style, but she does so little damage and gets killed so easily, that she's hardly an asset to any team. Her ultimate also charges so slowly for a pretty comparatively weak ult (Tracer's ult can't even kill a tank at full health, meanwhile Mcree's/Reaper's ult will). She sacrifices both attack and defense for mobility, and I get that, but all the mobility in the world can't save you from getting one-shotted by many classes.

-Fire Strike (Reinhardt)

Tracer has 150 health

Widow bodyshot was nerfed to 120
Charged bow is 125
Fire strike does 100
Rocket direct hits do 120 for both Pharah and Soldier
Grenade direct hits do 120

You shouldn't be dying in one hit, and she does have an ability that rewinds all damage every 12 seconds. A good tracer is really difficult to kill because you'll land something like a direct hit on her after she blinks past half your projectiles, she rewinds it, and can keep blinking.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Verranicus posted:

[...]Tracer is pretty useless.[...]Her ultimate also charges so slowly for a pretty comparatively weak ult.
No and no.

Verranicus posted:

-Fire Strike (Reinhardt)
-No
-No
-No
-No
-No
-No
-No

Verranicus posted:

On top of that;
-Mcree's 'fan the hammer' out does the pulse pistols' damage at close range, effectively guaranteeing Mcree will win at close range (and that's without being stunned from his flashbang)
-Mei's freeze-ray will freeze tracer in an instant, and while being frozen you can't blink/recall/attack, basically ensuring a free kill to Mei. (an she's so weak that the freeze-ray alone is almost enough to kill her

[...]This makes dashing into combat to 'hit and run' a great way to get killed before you even get into combat.
-No
-No

No.

Verranicus posted:

The tips for Tracer suggest stacking the buff of Torbjorn's armor packs and Symmetra's shield with her. However Tracer is an offensive hero, and Torbjorn and Symmetra are more defense oriented heros, so its unlikely that you'd have all three on a team. And even if you did, that would mean half of your team composition is to make tracer not useless (Tracer+Torbjorn+Symmetra= 3/6 of team).
Yes, yes, no.

I know official Overwatch forum posts tend to be dumb, but the fact that this is so aggressively wrong in all aspects makes me pretty confident in saying this is just a troll post from there.

Then again, it's still very possible that I'm very, tragically wrong.

Theta Zero fucked around with this message at 08:37 on Jul 19, 2016

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

Listerine posted:

The competitive playlist sucks, it's full of people who do not change their character regardless of how the fight is going. It's incredible to watch someone walk Bastion over and over and over again into turrets. In my last match I had a symmetra that refused to give me shields after shielding everyone else, the fucker waved at me but wouldn't give me shields.

Were you a massive dick to them? It sounds like it.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
So when did the last update patch go live? As in, what time on Tuesday was it?

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

How's 76 on the PTR? Im actually starting to like him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Dugong posted:

How's 76 on the PTR? Im actually starting to like him.

Well opinions in the tryhard thread range from "he sucks so much you'd have more fun slamming your dick in a car door than using him" to "probably about the same for 95% of the players out there" so, y'know, a little of this, a little of that.