Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

This is a great time to practice Tracer in quickplay btw, since she dunks on Ana very hard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thoughtless
Feb 1, 2007

Doesn't think, just types.
Well, competitive has disappeared from the menu, at least on Europe. Did the season end or something?

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Thoughtless posted:

Well, competitive has disappeared from the menu, at least on Europe. Did the season end or something?

No it came down rather suddenly (at least on moonmoon's stream). So there was probably a bug of some kind that required an emergency time out.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

I can't even connect. It dropped me mid-game and now cannot find the battle.net server.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
I imagine the servers are taking a hit what with the patches on both Overwatch and WoW and Blizz's people are running around trying to put fires out, so I wouldn't do comp today if you care about your rank.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I like that Mei got a buff from the self heal charges your ultimate change not readjusting her charge rate.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Win a game at 51, get a smidge away from 52. cool, I can do one more, hopefully win and call it good
Next game, one guy dc's at side switch, two people leave before I do, rank down to 50. fuckin sick system we got here

]-[ate_Sandwich
Nov 27, 2000
Ana needs a Solid Snake skin.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Jastiger posted:

Looks like Blizz reads this thread, they put in some of my changes in the latest patch :smug:

Same. Thanks, Blizzard, for listening to my repeated calls for "make Zenyatta suck less."

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Pumpy Dumper posted:

Anas ult line should be "open wide,here comes the airplane"

I need full on mom mode in this game

"Nanomachines, sonny."

strong bird
May 12, 2009

*ascends mountain and cups hands to mouth* shes old!!! lol!!!!!!

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

glad I saved mah 3000 fakecoins to prep for the awesome costumes Ana gets. def gonna drop some coins on that sick masked interloper skin

MY ABACUS!
Oct 7, 2003

Katamari do your best!
People always say when they think a character should have a skin based on some other IP Blizzard doesn't own. Do they ever do that sort of thing in their games?

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

MY ABACUS! posted:

People always say when they think a character should have a skin based on some other IP Blizzard doesn't own. Do they ever do that sort of thing in their games?

I assume when people say that they don't mean an officially licensed skin, they mean one with a lot of allusions towards something. Like, uh. Ana's Mad Max skins. So yes, they do it all the time.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Can confirm that the new D.va is good and fun. Dunno whether she'll knock off Zarya as my primary tank choice, but she certainly seems to be a perfectly viable pick now. Her patch is a pretty good example for how you can make a char more useful and interesting without just flat buffing their health or damage. I hope they'll manage to think of something similar for Mei eventually.

ImPureAwesome
Sep 6, 2007

the king of the beach

MY ABACUS! posted:

Wow has tons of npcs that are references

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

Same. Thanks, Blizzard, for listening to my repeated calls for "make Zenyatta suck less."

I DID call for Soldier to get a bit of a nerf on his long range weapon spread. Request granted. *awaits job interview*

Now they just need to nerf roadhogs hook the way i want them to and I think the game will be in a good place.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

I mean there's a Dick Tracy McCree skin and Gundam Pharah skins and Mad Max Ana and Dva skins and Evel Kneivel S76 skins etc etc etc. So yes.

MY ABACUS!
Oct 7, 2003

Katamari do your best!
What's always thrown me off about the hook is that it doesn't seem like it extends to full range when you miss, which makes it hard to learn the exact range.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

ImPureAwesome posted:

Wow has tons of npcs that are references

my favorite are the curtainfires and commander nazrim

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Jastiger posted:

Now they just need to nerf roadhogs hook the way i want them to and I think the game will be in a good place.

Patch notes:
- The physics on Roadhog's hook have been fixed. Hooked opponents will now end up behind Roadhog every time, instead of only some of the time.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
the self-invincibility to the dva blast is such a huge buff. way bigger than the reduced timer. it is the 'shoot them in the butt' ult now.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

I honestly think they should have buffed D.Va's ejection to help her clear the blast radius easier instead of making her immune to it but hey I'll take what I can get. Winky face.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
His hook needs to come out faster and not track his crosshair. As it is now roadhog can be off his target, hit Shift, it'll come out then he can adjust to his target mid-throw and it'll connect. No other weapon works that way nor does any other weapon go through geometry the way his does.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

No other weapon is a hook

strong bird
May 12, 2009

Honestly Reaper needs a rework: His gun should shoot 1 bullet, and it should go where the crosshair is instead of several in an area around the crosshair.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

As long as we're nerfing Roadhog back to never-played tier, can we do that with Genji

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

strong bird posted:

Honestly Reaper needs a rework: His gun should shoot 1 bullet, and it should go where the crosshair is instead of several in an area around the crosshair.

that guy thought pharah needed more hp in the previous patch. people should stop thinking he posts anything worth paying attention to

Nehru the Damaja posted:

As long as we're nerfing Roadhog back to never-played tier, can we do that with Genji

same but also nerf how much people want to play mei despite her uselessness

TheresaJayne
Jul 1, 2011

Zikan posted:

"Reduced the chance for larger projectiles (i.e. Hanzo's arrows, Zenyatta's prayer beads) to hit targets around corners"

I think it did.

BUT.....

hitting targets round corners is what Hanzo's scatter arrow is all about

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Zoness posted:

that guy thought pharah needed more hp in the previous patch. people should stop thinking he posts anything worth paying attention to

same but also nerf how much people want to play mei despite her uselessness

She does need more HP or at least some of it to be armor. Its ridiculous that assault characters have the same or less hp than some snipper characters.

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

Done with Ana achieves; they weren't bad at all. She is fun, but pretty drat hectic to try and heal someone that's non-stop jumping around. Lucio/Mercy/Zenyatta are so much easier to heal with.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
McCree is now back in his rightful place as king of DPS.

Clicking heads never felt so good.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Jastiger posted:

She does need more HP or at least some of it to be armor. Its ridiculous that assault characters have the same or less hp than some snipper characters.
That's a conscious design decision, buddy, they aren't going to "fix" it

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

Jastiger posted:

Taking one of the strongest characters in the game and making them even stronger, good game design.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Nehru the Damaja posted:

How about we meet you halfway and just nerf Genji to never played tier? Can't wait for the Ana patch to finally hit ps4.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
But, Pharah is my favorite so she should obviously be buffed.

That wasn't that high on the list though, the biggest things I thought were reducing Widows HP to 175, Giving Soldier 76 a bit of a fall off at range (which they did), and changing roadhogs hook to be more consistent, and not to track targets with the projectile in flight. Should come out faster and thats it, really, so you can't shoot without the crosshair at least on your target.

Cervix-A-Lot
Sep 29, 2006
Cheeeeesy

strong bird posted:

There is nothing wrong with Reaper. He is fine how he is.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Jastiger posted:

This is made up for by having some of the best mobility out of the entire cast, combined with her particular weapon. 200 HP goes a really, really long way if you can peek from virtually every angle and have a perfectly accurate long-ranged weapon with great burst damage. With the possible exception of Hanzo or Widow, Pharah has the least exposure relative to the damage she can put out, and has an easy escape available almost all the time. If there was no way to quickly take her down in the few seconds at a time that you can usually see her, a good Pharah would be virtually unkillable.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Jastiger posted:

I DID call for Soldier to get a bit of a nerf on his long range weapon spread. Request granted. *awaits job interview*

Jastiger posted:

Giving Soldier 76 a bit of a fall off at range (which they did)

This isn't what they did, you're misunderstanding the patch notes. They didn't change anything wrt his long range effectiveness. They made it so the bloom reset on his shot spread has a cooldown, instead of being instantaneous as soon as you release M1. The reason was to discourage people using scripts to let them hold down M1 but maintain perfect accuracy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Papercut posted:

This isn't what they did, you're misunderstanding the patch notes. They didn't change anything wrt his long range effectiveness. They made it so the bloom reset on his shot spread has a cooldown, instead of being instantaneous as soon as you release M1. The reason was to discourage people using scripts to let them hold down M1 but maintain perfect accuracy.

Right, which has the effect of him not nailing every shot from 60 yards away. Its a good balance, I think. He still does damage but isn't headshotting all the time from an extreme distance.

Perestroika posted:

This is made up for by having some of the best mobility out of the entire cast, combined with her particular weapon. 200 HP goes a really, really long way if you can peek from virtually every angle and have a perfectly accurate long-ranged weapon with great burst damage. With the possible exception of Hanzo or Widow, Pharah has the least exposure relative to the damage she can put out, and has an easy escape available almost all the time. If there was no way to quickly take her down in the few seconds at a time that you can usually see her, a good Pharah would be virtually unkillable.

I'm just salty cuz snippers have as much HP as Pharah, thats all. She's really good right now, I agree.