Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

SamuraiFoochs posted:

That list is not that bad and bringing up Nakamura or Joe would be stupid right now if WWE is at all invested in making NXT important which it seems like they are.

They're already paying Nakamura main roster money and sticking him in NXT longterm is a comical waste of his talents.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

OctoberCountry posted:

If Bayley was called up right now, the very best we could hope for is several months of her getting pinned by Charlotte after botched distractions from Dana Brooke.

Also after Battleground is the Charlotte/Sasha build proper as well as the Summerslam build in general not the best time for Bayley.

Normal Not Odd
Nov 5, 2003

what a t e r r i b l e world

what a b e a u t i f u l world

Benne posted:

They're already paying Nakamura main roster money and sticking him in NXT longterm is a comical waste of his talents.

And yet, he's only been down there four months. Hardly long term.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Mob posted:

someone burn this quote into ROH's front lawn

I still have nightmares about the Tyler Black/Austin Aries time limit draw

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Benne posted:

Well then I hope Nakamura shows up after Summerslam just so people will shut up about it. He won't though because he SHOULD be NXT Champ by then,

I just find it funny that a lot of people were pearl-clutching about the post-draft gutting of NXT and now that WWE''s not doing that many of the same people are talking about how stupid WWE is. For the record I agree Nakamura is main-roster ready but I see the internal logic with this.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

When it comes to Nakamura it's not like time is on their side though, both in years and physical wear on his body.

Joe is a guy who I see as being NXT for life or until the brand ends, with Nakamura though he feels like a fish far too big for that pond.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Well then I hope Nakamura shows up after Summerslam just so people will shut up about it. He won't though because he SHOULD be NXT Champ by then,

I just find it funny that a lot of people were pearl-clutching about the post-draft gutting of NXT and now that WWE''s not doing that many of the same people are talking about how stupid WWE is. For the record I agree Nakamura is main-roster ready but I see the internal logic with this.

What is more important, their main shows or NXT?

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Skinty McEdger posted:

When it comes to Nakamura it's not like time is on their side though, both in years and physical wear on his body.

Joe is a guy who I see as being NXT for life or until the brand ends, with Nakamura though he feels like a fish far too big for that pond.

Codependent Poster posted:

What is more important, their main shows or NXT?

I am not saying I personally agree with it, I am saying two things:

-There is inherent logic in it (not completely gutting NXT) even if said logic is flawed.
-A fair number of people are talking out of both sides of their mouths, because if they sent up Nakamura, Joe, Balor, Bayley, AA, and Asuka, which would probably be best for boosting the main roster, some of the same people bitching about the alleged six would be bitching about there being no reason to watch NXT now.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Chris James 2 posted:

Last Mania doesn't end up nearly as hated or laughable if it was just a regular Raw or PPV. 3 hours of dumb decisions we all knew were coming sucks. 7 was torture.
Man lucky for me I don't watch WWE chained to a chair with my eyes forced open

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Jubs posted:

It wouldn't make any sense for Daniel Bryan to choose Mojo Rawley or Nia Jax over Nakamura and Joe.
Man you must have been mad when Steph brought on Mick Foley as Raw GM

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

It's funny, though, to feel extreme pain

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Also Bayley deserves to stay in NXT hth

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Like any right minded soul I look forward to Ho Ho Lun debuting on raw before Bayley.

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

B+ayley

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
At the arena:

https://twitter.com/MrMarkPC/status/755524319116201984

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Welp

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

fans put that on those seats

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Cavauro posted:

If so PWInsider is getting worked.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i made it up so i could talk to rovert

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

Basic Chunnel posted:

Man you must have been mad when Steph brought on Mick Foley as Raw GM

It makes perfect sense for Stephanie to bring in Foley. She's wants to beat Smackdown in ratings, so she brought in a fan favorite.

It makes zero sense for Daniel Bryan to skip over Joe and Nakamura when he said he wanted to bring the best wrestlers to Smackdown.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

Those are just reserved seating for Johnny Stamboli.

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

PEARL GROWLS "TAKE OFF THAT SHIRT, STEVEN." I COMPLY, REVEALING THE FULL LENGTH SHIRT TATTOO. PEARL RETREATS INTO HER GEM, DEFEATED.

Cavauro posted:

If they did they put them pretty much on every hard cam side chair so kudos for their hard work.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Who even knows anymore

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Man, rovert is really good with this stuff.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

FIST gently caress ME, SMACKDOWN SET

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Meltzer just grabbed a toy microphone and yelled extremely loud that the "Hugger" signs are for Nia Jax

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

Does that say "Hugger?" I couldn't make out the first two letters.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Are they by any chance installing wacky air dancers by the entrance ramp? That's really how people are going to be able to tell.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

It's hosed up that Alexa Bliss is not going to be the one to defeat Asuka for the NXT women's championship imo.

Also, that loving Carmilla is getting called up before Bayley. What the hell WWE?

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

Destroy My Sweater posted:

Does that say "Hugger?" I couldn't make out the first two letters.

It says Hogger, they are doing cross promotion with World of Warcraft: Legion

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Their nuts will be hugging the seats and signs when Chuck Palumbo has them on the edge during his return entrance

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

I hope they keep the Gymini together.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Destroy My Sweater posted:

I hope they keep the Gymini together.

quote:

The Shane Twins are no longer active in professional wrestling, and currently work as bouncers at the 2001 Space Odyssey club in Tampa, Florida.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

they are giving away bayley merch AND free cars!?

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.

there's apparently wacky waving men at smackdown

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Backstage update: Brodus has already been released. He refused to dance, citing cardio issues. Vince flipped out and HHH refused to stick up for him. Apparently, the only one who had his back was Michael Hayes.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

proven 100% correct here tonight on my real scoops due to the well-known rule that untelevised stuff doesn't matter and is not real. meanwhile other scoop-havers were heavily worked as usual

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Jul 20, 2016

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Just as I predicted two weeks ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zebia
Oct 10, 2012

How's my volume?

Mulaney Power Move posted:

Backstage update: Brodus has already been released. He refused to dance, citing cardio issues. Vince flipped out and HHH refused to stick up for him. Apparently, the only one who had his back was Michael Hayes.

Man, it really says something about WWE's backstage politics that I can't tell if this is a joke or not.

• Locked thread