Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
I want to enter into this prank call competition because I'm so behind on DLC but I am particularly unfunny and boring

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

Mendrian posted:

I think the issue with buff/debuff in PD2 is that the devs have actually done a really good job of making guns feel like guns, e.g., they don't feel like water pistols that make the cops eventually give up with a smile and lie down because they are 'out'.

The issue I've found is that the 'debuff' actually ends up being more detrimental much of the time. I'm finding myself getting irritated by things like Muscle's panic effect because it makes the cop duck and I've got to re-adjust my aim. God forbid Threat ends up kicking in and they dive for cover - yeah they aren't shooting but now they're capable of shooting back instead of dead because they ducked under the follow-up shots.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Tempest_56 posted:

The issue I've found is that the 'debuff' actually ends up being more detrimental much of the time. I'm finding myself getting irritated by things like Muscle's panic effect because it makes the cop duck and I've got to re-adjust my aim. God forbid Threat ends up kicking in and they dive for cover - yeah they aren't shooting but now they're capable of shooting back instead of dead because they ducked under the follow-up shots.
I've been on the fence about continuing to use Muscle exactly for that reason. I love when 5 cops are lined up on top of shipping crates in Slaughterhouse. Once I started using Muscle two of them duck out of my view and I can only kill three of them instead of just BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG five dead cops.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Use a silencer and panic never happens.

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!
And as always: Kill Hitler.
Lab Rats. Death Wish. That's the only thing standing between me and that mask now.

YET ANOTHER FAG
Mar 6, 2003

by R. Guyovich

Malek posted:

Lab Rats. Death Wish. That's the only thing standing between me and that mask now.

Gl, hf.

Delacroix
Dec 7, 2010

:munch:

Malek posted:

I would have gotten lab rats DW if the game didn't crash minutes before my group finished it, I haven't been in the mood to play ever since. :(

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

Malek posted:

Buckshot, help Malek out. He's a cool dude.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Lab rats DW is perfectly doable.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

Malek posted:

The great danger of Lab Rats DW is how much the group gets split up.
1. At least 3 people should be wielding RPGs. All players should have inspire aced.
2. When the ingredient drop occurs, get four ingredient bags and get to the area where the escape is- that's your holdout. Sort the ingredients you have into locations. Don't bother putting them in yet.
3. One or two people should go for the remaining ingredients while the others cover them from above.
4. If a player is downed, the rest of the team swoops in to help. Prioritize saving people, not clicking cops unless they're an imminent threat. Make sure everyone is using the same route to get back to the top.
5. Once all ingredients are gathered, cook (this is the easy part). Break the meth from the upper level of the map.
6. Send 1 or 2 players to secure the meth. Leave immediately afterward.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

Malek posted:

If you're around tonight, there may be some people who can clear it out.

YET ANOTHER FAG
Mar 6, 2003

by R. Guyovich

Skunkrocker posted:

Buckshot, help Malek out. He's a cool dude.

I never want to play lab rats ever again so, no.

e: seriously this heist is a shitshow.

Soral
May 30, 2009

Renegret posted:

I want to enter into this prank call competition because I'm so behind on DLC but I am particularly unfunny and boring

you have so much in common with the most active members of this thread, then

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
I now know what the next crossover should be with.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Malek posted:

Easy peasy lemon squeezy, I'll help you out tonight.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
I'd say Lab Rats has long since been dethrowned by Pro Biker Deathwish, mostly because Lab Rats at least has less poo poo being thrown at you and it doesn't seem so demanding as it used to.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
There's a spot you can hang out on in Lab Rats and be more-or-less OK. Biker day 2 is just RUNRUNRUNRUNRUN SHOOT THE BOSS GET THE THING RUNRUNRUN OH poo poo I'M DEAD GO ON WITHOUT ME.

It's a different kind of challenge but Biker is probably the easiest to failcascade on.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
unless you're wilko in which case you can have literally every cop on the map in a 10' radius, all shooting at you, and get hit a grand total of once

in heavy ballistic vest

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!
Unless I'm on a long call, this should be doable. Downside is that the RPG cuts the living hell into my dodge / impervious DW build.

So far the strategy everyone tells me is to just NOT be on the base floor when the assault begins and to shuffle up as much as you can.

So which do I bring? Muscle / Fat suit? Or Dodge Crook? Only difference is one uses an RPG, one uses a HE Judge.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Malek posted:

Unless I'm on a long call, this should be doable. Downside is that the RPG cuts the living hell into my dodge / impervious DW build.

So far the strategy everyone tells me is to just NOT be on the base floor when the assault begins and to shuffle up as much as you can.

So which do I bring? Muscle / Fat suit? Or Dodge Crook? Only difference is one uses an RPG, one uses a HE Judge.

Bring Muscle/Fat suit. http://pd2skills.com/#/v3/mpr:eGHKLMNPr:tMNoR:gjlR:fPr:ibcdea:pM8::w61-3-6-17:s70:a7 or something like it.

You only need one fast guy on the team.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Dr Cheeto posted:

There's a spot you can hang out on in Lab Rats and be more-or-less OK. Biker day 2 is just RUNRUNRUNRUNRUN SHOOT THE BOSS GET THE THING RUNRUNRUN OH poo poo I'M DEAD GO ON WITHOUT ME.

It's a different kind of challenge but Biker is probably the easiest to failcascade on.

I think they fixed the spot behind the blue barrel so cops can go back there now.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Malek posted:

You do not, by any stretch, need three RPGs. Don't worry about that. I've done DW Lab Rats with zero on the team multiple times. Having one as an oh poo poo button is nice. Build-wise I'd suggest survivability and something capable of long-range precision: you're going to be taking chip damage from cops at weird angles and usually long ranges, especially when you're up on the top level (where you should want to be at almost all times) so be prepared to take them out from awkward angles and ranges.

Crabtree posted:

I'd say Lab Rats has long since been dethrowned by Pro Biker Deathwish, mostly because Lab Rats at least has less poo poo being thrown at you and it doesn't seem so demanding as it used to.

mmmm I very much disagree. Lab rats is still just as poo poo as it always was, for the same reason: cops can hit you from about 358 degrees around at any given time (also above and below you).

when you have four people in close quarters and reasonable holdout spots, the amount of concentrated firepower a crew can put out melts anything a heist can send your way. Lab Rats tends to have neither, Biker usually has both.

Psion fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Jul 19, 2016

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

drat I wont be able to play tonight but would love to do some Lab Rats DW sometime.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

You know, thinking about it I wonder if the console ports weren't Overkill's idea and were something the publisher pushed. It'd explain their inability to fix issues with it.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Grapplejack posted:

You know, thinking about it I wonder if the console ports weren't Overkill's idea and were something the publisher pushed. It'd explain their inability to fix issues with it.

It costs OK money to push fixes on consoles - Sony and MS both charge for that. Seriously. And since consoles are such a small part of their playerbase, they're easy to ignore.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

Psion posted:

mmmm I very much disagree. Lab rats is still just as poo poo as it always was, for the same reason: cops can hit you from about 358 degrees around at any given time (also above and below you).

Yeah. You can speedrun Biker 2 on DW in less than 2 minutes if you really want to.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Shooting Blanks posted:

It costs OK money to push fixes on consoles - Sony and MS both charge for that. Seriously. And since consoles are such a small part of their playerbase, they're easy to ignore.

You sure? I read that MS discontinued the fees for 360 title updates a long time ago. Not sure about the XB1 but :shrug:

still, like you, I'd guess it's a case of a small playerbase and a smaller revenue base being a case of "we could spend a lot of money and make none of it back on consoles, or we could spend money and make it back on PC DLC"

Psion fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Jul 20, 2016

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!

Bort Bortles posted:

drat I wont be able to play tonight but would love to do some Lab Rats DW sometime.

I'll pay it forward

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
PYF War Face

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Nordick posted:

PYF War Face

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Nordick posted:

PYF War Face

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Nordick posted:

PYF War Face

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
Those are all good war faces. I approve.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Nordick posted:

PYF War Face
I've posted this before but it's still the best

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Send help, I've put Yggdrasil on more masks than anyone probably should.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Al Jolsen confirmed next heister.

YET ANOTHER FAG
Mar 6, 2003

by R. Guyovich
While I obviously appreciate the war face derail, has anyone else noticed the new achievements have mysteriously vanished?

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
I wonder if they were intending to start hyping up a new update yesterday and something happened to push it back?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Overkill are on vacation right now, so they probably put up the achievements early by mistake.