Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Weedle posted:

Waterfield has a case specifically sized for the n3DS:

https://www.sfbags.com/collections/nintendo-3ds-cases/products/nintendo-3ds-xl-cityslicker-case

Select "New 3DS" from the "Fit" menu on the right.

Wow that's really nice. I may have to splurge if I can ever get a n3DS again in Canada. :sigh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

BGrifter posted:

Wow that's really nice. I may have to splurge if I can ever get a n3DS again in Canada. :sigh:

Shoppers' Drug Mart is doing one of its "what the hell are we doing carrying video game stuff" clearance sales. I got a 2DS with Mario Kart 7 for 80 bucks a few days ago, maybe you can get a lucky snag? Not sure if they ever carried regular n3DSes, though.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

univbee posted:

Shoppers' Drug Mart is doing one of its "what the hell are we doing carrying video game stuff" clearance sales. I got a 2DS with Mario Kart 7 for 80 bucks a few days ago, maybe you can get a lucky snag? Not sure if they ever carried regular n3DSes, though.

I'll take a look on the off chance, but I'm in no frantic rush if not. My launch 3DS still works just fine. I'm thinking maybe they'll release another n3DS bundle in the fall before the new Pokemon title comes out.

Kind of kicking myself for letting the Animal Crossing bundle pass me by. :doh:

Niemat
Mar 21, 2011

I gave that pitch vibrato. Pitches love vibrato.

Weedle posted:

Waterfield has a case specifically sized for the n3DS:

https://www.sfbags.com/collections/nintendo-3ds-cases/products/nintendo-3ds-xl-cityslicker-case

Select "New 3DS" from the "Fit" menu on the right.

I totally forgot about these guys! A friend of mine has one of their cases and really loves it. Not sure I'm currently in a position to pay what they're asking, but I'll have to remember them next time I am.

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
The back light in my top screen went out, and I need to find a replacement screen.

Issue: It's the smaller size NEW 3DS model, not the LL/XL. Also Japan region, if that makes any difference. Anyone know of a place online that stocks screens for the model that seemingly no one in the universe has? It isn't even that rare, but every local place I bring it in to acts like it's a shiny legendary Pokemon, and doesn't want to touch it.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

BabyRyoga posted:

The back light in my top screen went out, and I need to find a replacement screen.

Issue: It's the smaller size NEW 3DS model, not the LL/XL. Also Japan region, if that makes any difference. Anyone know of a place online that stocks screens for the model that seemingly no one in the universe has? It isn't even that rare, but every local place I bring it in to acts like it's a shiny legendary Pokemon, and doesn't want to touch it.

This was the foreshadowing that hit me when I initially got the Pokemon 20th Anniversary bundle that made me not want to keep it, trying to find someone in the States that would have it. Also not already accounting for the fun problem of looking for a "new" replacement screen and you're probably more often than not going to get his for the Old 3DS instead.

8-bit Miniboss fucked around with this message at 07:15 on Jul 20, 2016

by.a.teammate
Jun 27, 2007
theres nothing wrong with the word panties
It been a while since I bought one of these, is this a good deal for the UK? I just want the newest 3ds and it seems like getting fire emblem too is a bit of steal but not sure if I'm missing something.

New Nintendo 3DS XL Console, Fire Emblem Fates - Limited Edition (European Edition) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01CSWEQCA/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_hCXJxb1PXJQKC

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

by.a.teammate posted:

It been a while since I bought one of these, is this a good deal for the UK? I just want the newest 3ds and it seems like getting fire emblem too is a bit of steal but not sure if I'm missing something.

New Nintendo 3DS XL Console, Fire Emblem Fates - Limited Edition (European Edition) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01CSWEQCA/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_hCXJxb1PXJQKC

"Box in Spanish" means it's a refurb, and while Nintendo's refurbs are usually great/perfect, that seller doesn't disclose that so that's lovely. It also doesn't come with the game, it's just a "limited edition" version of the N3DSXL. At $240 USD for a refurb, seems like a poo poo deal.

by.a.teammate
Jun 27, 2007
theres nothing wrong with the word panties
Seemed too good to be true! Thanks for the save.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
https://twitter.com/SplatoonJP/status/755663646802513921

Animal Crossing is getting an update this autumn, if I understood correctly.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Yeah, they're adding amiibo compatibility, both AC and non-AC characters.

I imagine it'll also add integration/compatibility hooks for the upcoming AC smartphone game.

EDIT: website, AC figures/cards will bring specific animals to your village https://www.nintendo.co.jp/3ds/egdj/paper/index.html

also:

PaletteSwappedNinja fucked around with this message at 08:57 on Jul 20, 2016

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Shoot, I will need to start purchasing some characters then. That is great news though.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Does Boxboxboy have more than one song. I couldn't stand Boxboy's dull repeating track.

LemonLimeTime
May 30, 2011

I don't have low self-esteem. I have low esteem for everyone else.
When is the U.S. going to get non ugly colors for the NEW!™ 3DS XL? Japan gets these super sexy orange and aqua with black ones and the Super Famicom one and we get some gross dark red and black. If they weren't region locked I'd probably have already sprung on one of those imported ones by now. I will have the ultimate handheld system with all my favorite NES, GameBoy, and SNES games (and almost every single one has been announced to be on it's Virtual Console!) all at the press of a button that would make my childhood self froth at the mouth.

Honestly, the only SNES games that haven't been announced I'd want for the VC are Demon's Crest, Mario RPG, Yoshi's Island, and FF6. Oh, and Cool Spot. But that ain't ever gonna happen so whatever.

LemonLimeTime fucked around with this message at 09:40 on Jul 20, 2016

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Yeah, you're never going to see Cool Spot released anywhere, ever. It was actually a really good game for licensed trash, though. I never played the SNES one but I had it on the Mega Drive, I assume they were pretty identical. Of course over here he wasn't the 7-Up mascot.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Cool Spot was a good game and I've heard its sequel was also good but also that the sequel had a secret that was hidden for like a decade or something?? Or maybe it was just a weird mystery nobody figured out what the purpose was, or something weird like that? I dunno.

To be honest, there were a lot of licensed advertisement games from the time that ended up being pretty good. Treasure's first game they ever developed was a McDonald's game that I played a ton of and it was pretty much a precursor to Dynamite Headdy.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Holy poo poo I'd totally forgotten about that McDonald's game:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_Gladiators

e: Oh wait this was a different one from the one you were talking about. What are the chances of there being 2 different licensed McDonald's games and them both being good?!

That was actually pretty cool.

All these games were written by a guy named Dave Perry. He did those, plus Aladdin and Earthworm Jim. I remember reading interviews with him at the time. He was basically the master of 16-bit platformers.

irlZaphod fucked around with this message at 10:20 on Jul 20, 2016

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
That's a different McD game, this is the Treasure game:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggNGmlPRq1U

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Here are eight thousand more Dragon Ball Fusions fusions, including a few 5-way fusions and some create-a-character/streetpass fusions plus Great Satanman. Also, there's a female Ginyu Force in this game. Have fun with that.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
Are there any recommended screen protector manufacturers, New 3DS (smaller one) specifically? I've owned the thing for only two days, and already managed a tiny scratch on the lower screen.

Would like to avoid more.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Attestant posted:

Are there any recommended screen protector manufacturers, New 3DS (smaller one) specifically? I've owned the thing for only two days, and already managed a tiny scratch on the lower screen.

Hori is the only real choice

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
You'll have to import of course if you're in North America, like 98% of the available accessories for the non-XL New. The other 2% is what Nintendo sells in their online store.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Well, that'll fix the issue of getting all the wrong villagers to your town. :v:

Weedle
May 31, 2006

irlZaphod posted:

All these games were written by a guy named Dave Perry. He did those, plus Aladdin and Earthworm Jim. I remember reading interviews with him at the time. He was basically the master of 16-bit platformers.

He also started Shiny Entertainment which made the extremely dope mid-90s third-person shooter MDK, among others.

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

Updating New Leaf doesn't seem to bode well for the timely release of the next mainline game.

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart
Is Dave Perry the part of Shiny with the reprehensible political opinions?

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

He left Shiny years ago, so...probably not? But I don't know what you're referring to.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

ColonelJohnMatrix posted:

Updating New Leaf doesn't seem to bode well for the timely release of the next mainline game.

Eh, it's probably a small side team working on the patch. I'm guessing they did this to give more use to the Animal Crossing amiibos and cards. And maybe move them off shelves faster. They're already on clearance everywhere.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

RichterIX posted:

Is Dave Perry the part of Shiny with the reprehensible political opinions?

You're probably thinking of noted misogynist and homophobe Doug TenNapel, who sold the character of Earthworm Jim to Shiny but never actually worked there.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Attestant posted:

Hori and illumishield are both good, get whichever is cheaper on Amazon. It's virtually impossible to find N3DS screen protectors via retail in the US.

Since the Wii U thread is dead, Best Buy is having a big sale on a couple of good games; Mario Maker, Yoshi's Woolly World, Xenoblade Chronicles X, Star Fox Zero are all $23.99 today only for My Best Buy Elite members. Final Fantasy Explorers is also on sale ($15.99 I think.) Lots of amiibo (probably the latest wave, lots of Animal Crossing) are $7.99.

enojy fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Jul 20, 2016

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

enojy posted:

Hori and illumishield are both good, get whichever is cheaper on Amazon. It's virtually impossible to find N3DS screen protectors via retail in the US.

Since the Wii U thread is dead, Best Buy is having a big sale on a couple of good games; Mario Maker, Yoshi's Woolly World, Xenoblade Chronicles X, Star Fox Zero are all $23.99 today only for My Best Buy Elite members. Final Fantasy Explorers is also on sale ($15.99 I think.) Lots of amiibo (probably the latest wave, lots of Animal Crossing) are $7.99.

$15.99 is a pretty okay price for Final Fantasy Explorers. I was super pumped about it for like the first week, and then I ended up just kind of abandoning it and going back to Monster Hunter. It is the definition of an MMO-lite. You can party up with your friends online and fight what are basically MMO raid bosses. It did not scratch a Hunting Action itch that I wanted it to, but it is a pretty good "numbers go up" game, with like a magicite system and a whole job system where you can level up your individual class skills and stuff.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

I always thought the cards would herald a new core AC game. Which I'm sure they will but it'll be some time

They function exactly how I expected though.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Spellman posted:

I always thought the cards would herald a new core AC game. Which I'm sure they will but it'll be some time

They function exactly how I expected though.

Don't worry, there'll be a new Assassins Creed game next year

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Is hyrule warriors legends review scores tanked because it runs bad on a regular 3ds? i thought it sounded fun and i have a new 3ds so.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Maybe but also Warriors games rarely review well, though HW almost bucked that trend for a bit

Party Miser
Apr 1, 2011

rabidsquid posted:

Is hyrule warriors legends review scores tanked because it runs bad on a regular 3ds? i thought it sounded fun and i have a new 3ds so.

I bet very few reviewers actually use a n3ds, especially if it's modded to have a capture card. Unless I am mistaken and sometime within the last few months people have started doing capture card mods for the n3ds too.

Also, games journalism.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

hey thread i just bought raspberry pi to fiddle with and isnt there a thingy to bootleg myself a nintendo zone streetpass dealie on it? does that still work/is there an easy guide for idiot fiddlers

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

rabidsquid posted:

Its great if you like that kind of game. hell I never even really liked Musou games and although I like Zelda games I'm not particularly attached to the franchise but Legends got me hooked hard.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

rabidsquid posted:

Hyrule Warriors is stupid fun and has a stupid amount of content. I've never played a Warriors-type game in my life but I love HyWar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Any of you mind giving me a shortlist of good 3DS games to look out for? Namely RPG/action RPG sort of stuff (e.g. Zelda, Etrian Odyssey, SMT, FE).

Related, what EO/FE games should I look out for specifically. If I'm not mistaken there's both sequels and remakes of the original few games on the DS for EO, and there's like 3+ FE games on the 3DS currently?