Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
flirty dental hygienist
Jul 24, 2007

All aboard the knuckle train to FIST PLANET!!
Almost bought Overwatch with some of my birthday money. Then I remembered I don't like first person shooters. So looks like Marvel Heroes tonight!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

I heard it's a moba, though. Do you like mobas?

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
Hahaha holy poo poo, you guys finally killed ryolnir? Feels weird to see a monday update with no mention of struggling through various illnesses/hotdog withdrawal

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Maybe he should kickstart a hotdog stand.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Polegrinder posted:

Almost bought Overwatch with some of my birthday money. Then I remembered I don't like first person shooters. So looks like Marvel Heroes tonight!

I'm not a fan of first person shooters either but overwatch was fun if you have other people to play with.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

FranktheBank posted:

I wasn't around for it, but I hear Kelp used to log in and play as well. Maybe try giving the gold star to someone who doesn't play and see if it has inverse effect.

Also, I genuinely enjoy seeing your posts in Overweight thread.

yeah I like seeing you and nackhamself and Saint gently caress and Drythe and all you other garbagepails over there, and elsewhere. it's like seeing someone you went to high school with while you're out running errands or something. "i used to know that guy," you think wistfully as your eyes lock across the mangoes in a trader joe's. "it was so nice to be young together. we were alive then."

but then you look away for minute and when you look back they're gone

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
If only they would release a new Emma costume to bring me back in.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Unfortunately, someone put two slices of bread around the rigger's hand as a hilarious prank. Your costume is in Ryolnir's belly.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Soothing Vapors posted:

yeah I like seeing you and nackhamself and Saint gently caress and Drythe and all you other garbagepails over there, and elsewhere. it's like seeing someone you went to high school with while you're out running errands or something. "i used to know that guy," you think wistfully as your eyes lock across the mangoes in a trader joe's. "it was so nice to be young together. we were alive then."

It's more like a day trip for the sanitarium.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

All they gotta do is release content and characters and I'll play. It's that simple.

If only we had a strong and hairy leader who still logged in and played this game daily even when there's absolutely no reason to.

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Pretty burnt out. 3,100 hours will do that. Wish it could be great again. Need The Don to take over for Ryolnir instead.

That's all you have? Filthy casual.

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
In the beginning...the universe was created. his has been widely regarded as a bad move and has made a lot of people very angry.

Soothing Vapors posted:

:glomp:

Ajax
Mar 16, 2004

Aunt Petunia's Girdle!
What's happening?

davebo posted:

If only we had a strong and hairy leader who still logged in and played this game daily even when there's absolutely no reason to.

That's all you have? Filthy casual.

How do you feel about walls?

ransome
Dec 27, 2012

Cosmic, Baby!

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

The festival of What-mas is upon us

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Ajax posted:

How do you feel about walls?

They don't bother me because I can scale them with my adamantium claws. As for their construction, I insist Gazillion pay for them.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
So this is a thing.

AgentVapor posted:

Hey folks,

Today's Test Center has the latest iteration of the Blessing rework we've been collecting feedback on this month.

After some consideration, we've taken Blessings in a slightly different direction than the previous iteration. We still want players to feel like they have some opportunity to use Blessings to customize their character without feeling like there is only one option on the table. At the same time, we realize many players weren't happy with the previous iteration that did not allow Blessings of the same type to stack together. Similarly, we noted that some players wanted Blessings that did not rely on proc-based effects, instead preferring straightforward, passive stats that they could rely on.

With this iteration, we've broken up Blessings into three primary categories:

Offensive

All Blessings in the Offensive category will have Brutal Rating as a primary affix, as well as a secondary offensive affix:

Blessing of Frigga

Blessing of Hela

Blessing of Hogun

Blessing of Loki

Defensive

All Blessings in the Defensive category will have 1% Damage Negation as a primary affix, as well as a secondary defensive affix:

Blessing of Fandral

Blessing of Heimdall

Blessing of Volstagg

Utility

All Blessings in the Utility category will have both Health and Damage Rating as primary affixes, as well as a third utility affix:

Blessing of Balder

Blessing of Sif

Diversity

Additionally, there will be a single Blessing - Odin, the All-Father - that has no passive benefits, but grants players a 100% uptime proc of +1 all Attributes for those that choose to wear one Blessing from each of the other three categories:

Blessing of Odin

With the updated Blessing design, players can choose to either stack Blessings to fill a specific role they desire, or they can choose to take up benefits from each category and use the Odin Blessing to further empower their stats across all categories instead of in a single direction. The new defensive and utility Blessings also offer increased power to allow players that want to specialize in those areas to make a more significant impact.

As mentioned in previous threads on the Blessings update, we are planning to offer some form of exchange so that you will be able to change out your existing Blessings without spending additional Odin Marks. Exact details on how that will be done will be forthcoming when the exchange process is ready for testing in Test Center.

We're interested to hear what you think of the current Blessings on Test Center today, so please check them out and let us know here in this thread!

Thanks!
:rip: minimap affix. You were too beautiful for this world.

suction
Jul 17, 2009

Already omega capped.
Already have all heroes to 60.
Don't give a poo poo about yellow.

Should I log in? Nope.

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

That's...actually pretty interesting. No idea on the how well the numbers work but I like that design space they're in

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
I'm still not entirely clear on if that means I can use 4 helas

e: ok good it does

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

suction posted:

Already omega capped.

Should I log in? Nope.

free hero box and free costume box is worth logging in imo

and then logging out again after like 2 minutes

but worth logging in

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

suction posted:

Already omega capped.

Should I log in? Nope.

God drat man, don't admit that.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

:derp: poo poo! Logins have fallen off after the end of the Anniversary Event! What do we do? :derp:

I know! How about

Ajax
Mar 16, 2004

Aunt Petunia's Girdle!
What's happening?
I like the blessing rework that means I'll trade my 4 helas for 4 helas

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Feeling the goon absence.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

From today's TC notes:

Hey folks,

As mentioned last week in the Blessings thread, we will be making changes in the next patch that eliminate most all "overcap" stat bonuses which ignore diminishing returns. Blessing of Hela is the main change in this context, but there are other sources of these kind of overcap stat bonuses which have proven to be a problem and are being changed at the same time as Blessing of Hela to once again respect diminishing returns.

The other bonuses being changed at this time are:
  • Cable Hero Synergy
  • Star-Lord Hero Synergy
  • Ghost Rider Hero Synergy
  • Moon Knight Hero Synergy
  • Wolverine Hero Synergy
  • Midtown Patrol Vest slot 2 Unique item affix

As we mentioned we'd be doing in the last Test Center phase, enemy health has been adjusted game-wide in conjunction with these changes to account for the overall lower Brutal Strike chance.

Hero powers are being reviewed in this process as well; for the case of hero powers, only powers that conferred a passive overcap bonus to Critical Hit or Brutal Strike chance are being changed.

This only affects two Rogue passives, stolen from Drax and Hawkeye respectively. These will be changed similarly to the Hero Synergy bonuses above, and converted to 4% rating multipliers. Powers that confer a temporary overcap bonus, or bonuses that only affect a single power (such as powers that always result in a Brutal Strike) will not be changed.

Omega system nodes are not planned to be changed as a part of this update.

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

change the br conversion function gaz ugh

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
A stat nerf is a great way to get me to come back to the game

Mikemo Tyson
Apr 30, 2008

Midnightghoul posted:

A stat nerf is a great way to get me to come back to the game

I don't get why they can't stop loving with things that don't need to be hosed with. Fix the awful characters? Nah, let them be awful let's break the whole combat system instead!

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

Soothing Vapors posted:

;_;

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Not an anime reply? Looks like NotALizardman's account was hacked.

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

Kheldarn posted:

Not an anime reply? Looks like NotALizardman's account was hacked.

suction
Jul 17, 2009
I hope they put in the new avenger tower so players who logs in this weekend can see new contents

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Mikemo Tyson posted:

I don't get why they can't stop loving with things that don't need to be hosed with. Fix the awful characters? Nah, let them be awful let's break the whole combat system instead!
Basically because the character stats being a garbage fire that they don't understand is the major reason why there's awful characters that need fixing and why that almost always correlates directly to how long they've been in the game. For some reason they think moving things off flat bonuses will help, but the core issue is that they don't know how to design characters or items in a consistent manner because they have an :siren:item budget:siren: that doesn't correlate to how desirable a stat actually is for players, don't have established equipment tiers by content, and consistently rely on power creep as content marketing.

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

Noh-Varr's supposed to have white hair

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

AgentVapor posted:

Talking with design, it seems I missed an element of the Blessings update, as this is intended behavior for the newer Blessings.

Blessings as shown are at their maximum value; these ratings scale up with Artifact item level, and cap out at their maximum ratings at item level 50. One of the elements of switching everything over to ratings is that how ratings convert is based on your hero level; 200 Critical Hit rating for example is worth vastly more Critical Hit chance to a level 1 than a level 60. As such, Blessings will now scale against the item level of the Artifact they are applied to so they are not conferring overly powerful bonuses to lower level heroes.

I'll add this information to the first post as well.
I guess there's a Halfway Decent Idea budget and they blew it all on the initial change?

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

It is a good idea wasted on content that no one really cares about. Mostly because anyone who uses a blessing on a level 1 artifact has enough blessings to waste on dumb stuff for leveling new characters and it will probably still take them under an hour to get from 1-60.

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

lol why even implement that

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

cl_gibcount 9999 posted:

lol why even implement that
To gently caress people prestiging, because nothing says "play our game" like punishing people willingly reupping to do the same content again.

:tinfoil: response: To gently caress people out of wanting to prestige, to keep them from getting free costumes. Remember when they removed the free costume and rolled it back?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

You wouldn't want low level heroes to be too powerful or else...

Uh...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
Soon they'll start level scaling legendaries, just you wait.

• Locked thread