Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

The only thing off the top as a casual player that really bugs me is that the craft bag is subscription only.

There's a few other things I've seen done better (hey arenanet go back to being good like you were a two years ago), but there's nothing bad enough to be a dealbreaker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sluggo is mad
Jan 14, 2012

Buglord

tgidieday posted:

It doesn't help you right now, but Soul Assault is really good on a magplar. Over 80k tooltip damage good. I use it to take out people in PvP who are clearly better than I am.

I just started leveling this while I level 1h/sh. Haven't seen it used much in pvp but it reads good in tool tip. Might be nice for sniping from keeps. Maybe cast immovable first. Was wondering if you could break los or stealth out of it though?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Brought the mag sorc out of retirement today for PvP. Was pretty goddamn fun but forgot to record that poo poo as per frickin usual so I'll leave this

quote:

***Kill Counter Report *** Kills: 130 | Deaths: 20 | Streak: 3 | KDR: 6.5 | Ap Gained: 72721 | Death Streak: 0

Orv
May 4, 2011
Requesting that the One Tamriel thread be named The Elder Scrolls Online: One Tamerial - Everyone Is A Lot Racist. The questing isn't too bad in small doses but it's depressing as hell.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Everyone being mega racist but the beast races are pretty much par for the course for the Elder Scrolls, yeah.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

It's probably problematic that we refer to them as the "beast" races too.

The rabbit hole goes deep, n'wahs.

Orv
May 4, 2011
I feel like it wasn't just wall to wall every single quest in the single player games though.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

All Elder Scrolls games are racist. It really ruins my immersion when I'm committing genocide against innocent NPCs.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

Orv posted:

I feel like it wasn't just wall to wall every single quest in the single player games though.

Well in Morrowind all the dark elf NPCs are extremely racist and in Skyrim all the nord NPCs are pretty racist and the elves are fairly racist too. Oblivion is kind of, well, Cyrodiil is supposed to be cosmopolitan but we all know they just kind of hosed that game up a bit.

atholbrose
Feb 28, 2001

Splish!

So I let my curiosity get the better of me and I subbed to ESO Plus for a month to get some crowns for a costume and see what the craft bag is like. The craft bag is amazing. Now, there's nothing really stopping me from going back and learning all the crafts and making all my own stuff and looting every container I see is suddenly worthwhile. I saw someone call it a "game changer" and kind of scoffed, but it has already affected how I play the game, and I've only had it for a quest or two.

floydpepper
Nov 7, 2004

"It Don't Make You A Bad Person"
Is the craft bag universal for your characters? And do I have to deposit into it like at the bank or does it auto go into the bag when I loot and therefore I wouldn't have to go back to town?

atomicgeek
Jul 5, 2007

noony noony noony nooooooo
All characters share it, all crafting items go into it automatically. The act of crafting also automatically pulls from the craft bag so you never even really have to look at it. It's amazing. I also totally changed how I play--I loot every single container I see.

(Note that stolen items won't go in until they've been fenced at the thieves guild.)

floydpepper
Nov 7, 2004

Thanks. I'm subbing as soon as I get home.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
Only downside to subbing is having ICP and WGT in your random rotation.

floydpepper
Nov 7, 2004

I'm still pretty new to the game. I seem to be out leveling areas. I'm level 20 now and do many quests were grey before I finished the area.
Took a boat ride and the quests are green. Is it going to be an issue being over level?

Also in regards to skill points and crafting, I am so afraid of spending skill points because I feel like every choice is wrong. But it's it reasonable to expect to be able to max out 3 crafting lines. Say blacksmithing, clothier, and enchanting, while still being able to get all the thieving and killing skills needed?

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

floydpepper posted:

I'm still pretty new to the game. I seem to be out leveling areas. I'm level 20 now and do many quests were grey before I finished the area.
Took a boat ride and the quests are green. Is it going to be an issue being over level?

Also in regards to skill points and crafting, I am so afraid of spending skill points because I feel like every choice is wrong. But it's it reasonable to expect to be able to max out 3 crafting lines. Say blacksmithing, clothier, and enchanting, while still being able to get all the thieving and killing skills needed?

I maxed out provisioning woodworking and clothing on my main and I've got TONS of skill points all over the place, I basically have 2 other full builds (mag and stam), I'm short a point or two at the moment, but I've got plenty of skyshards to grab. You will not run into issues really unless you are trying to get all the skills, and even then I would recommend, if you want to switch playstyles later and are short on skill points, just blow away all the morphs for like 2000gp which will net you a good amount of skill points.

Jeff Goldblum
Dec 3, 2009

SoUncool posted:

Looking to pick up this game. Is there an active goon presence? Tamriel One (One Tamriel?) sounds interesting. I'm interested in PvP, too. I heard that grouping up to do quests and such is broken as gently caress, but I also heard this from a YouTube video that was released in late 2014, so I guess that could have been fixed? Are there any significant imbalances or deeply annoying game mechanics that will make a casual player want to quit forever and go cry into a bowl of chili?

There is definitely an active goon presence, and I would recommend avoiding the mistake I'd initially made and go with the Ebonheart Pact alliance if you really want to get the most out of that. Ebonheart Goons are a bunch of great guys, even if you aren't in their alliance, but if you are you will have a much easier time getting yourself leveled and put into PVP asap. Group quests have been pretty stable, from my own observations. You really only run into a small handful of quests that require you to individually collect X amount of Y, or requires everyone to be doing Z at the same time. However, as long as you aren't teamed up with a total butthead, its perfectly feasible and the game has long since aged past the point where collection areas are being zerged by your peers.

As for imbalances or mechanics, the one hill I had to get over with my friends was getting into PVP or PVE dungeons and seeing how much people really do rely on having more of a min-max build with a specific set of skills to satisfy a more specific role. You can get through the majority of the overworld using nothing but auto-attacks and put your points where ever you want, but I think everyone eventually reaches a point where being the jack of all trades among masters of a few makes you less and less of an asset. Speaking from experience, as an example, I learned how trying to be a tank as a nightblade, without a very specific set skills, passives and equipment, was drat near impossible outside of generic questing. I may try to get on the horse again, once I reach veteran's status, but until then I am holding to a more traditional stamina-based build so I can keep up in dungeons and PVP. One friend of mine who was playing dragon knight faced a similar dilemma when people started saying he couldn't be a tank in PVE with the build he had been making for PVP, while another has gone through a few respecs with their sorcerer and plans to go through one more when they reach veteran's to get the maximum DPS possible.

Jeff Goldblum fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Jul 20, 2016

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
Can someone do a post on what the good DK specs are these days, particularly tanking? I've got my DK at max lvl from launch but haven't played him since then and don't know what to do with him at all. Like skills/CP/attributes/sign/gear sets etc.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

I hope I didn't miss out on the Breton hero costume sale. I don't know what I'd do if I missed out on an opportunity to ostentatiously display my whale status

tgidieday
May 7, 2007
You can't kill me, I quit!

sluggo is mad posted:

I just started leveling this while I level 1h/sh. Haven't seen it used much in pvp but it reads good in tool tip. Might be nice for sniping from keeps. Maybe cast immovable first. Was wondering if you could break los or stealth out of it though?

You can avoid it in all the usual ways (except reflect), but if the person you're fighting is otherwise distracted, it's brutal. Where it's really effective is as a tank buster 1v1, since they all seem to think they can block and heal through anything, and soul assault backed by radiant quickly proves that wrong.

Mustang posted:

Can someone do a post on what the good DK specs are these days, particularly tanking? I've got my DK at max lvl from launch but haven't played him since then and don't know what to do with him at all. Like skills/CP/attributes/sign/gear sets etc.

Here you go. The build is still valid, but footman is getting nerfed next DLC, so the gear might change.

TL;DR: gear for blocking (footman/hist bark), stack magicka regen and max stamina, use heavy attacks, ults, earthen heart abilities, and engine guardian to have basically infinite stamina even while blocking.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars
Any advice for someone who used to play as a cookie cutter PvP magicka sorcerer (and then DB arrived) and would like to continue playing as mainly PvP magicka sorcerer? All I ever find are stamina builds and people quitting game or making other chars with other classes. Or perhaps some barely surviving tanky builds.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Breton Hero costume makes my characters look fat, 1/10.

SamEyeAm
Jun 6, 2013

Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.
If I rolled wood elf (Aldmari Dominion) can I still play with goons?

bradybunch
Jun 14, 2006

SamEyeAm posted:

You won't be able to quest or pvp but you can chat/group finder dungeons/trials and use the guild bank

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

SamEyeAm posted:

Get the explorer pack off a key site for like $1.50 and you can do any race/alliance combo.
http://www.cjs-cdkeys.com/products/The-Elder-Scrolls-Online%3A-Explorer%27s-Pack-DLC-CD-Key-%28Digital-Download%29.html

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
Most of my char are fat. Imma probably have to get it.

SamEyeAm
Jun 6, 2013

Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.

So I can make my wood elf part of Ebonheart Pact and move zones to quest with goons?

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro

SamEyeAm posted:

So I can make my wood elf part of Ebonheart Pact and move zones to quest with goons?

With that pack, you can make any race join the Ebonheart pact, you'll start in EP areas and be able to party up with goons ASAP.

I'm notoriously cheap when it comes to games, and the any race upgrade is pretty much the only thing I've spent money on in this game, after the initial purchase.

That said, if you don't want to buy it we do have a few people in the other covenants who are in our guild. But I think it's well worth the price to get the fullgoon experience.

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

SamEyeAm posted:

You would have to make a new character, whatever faction it was created on can't be changed yet.

Mr. Carrier Pigeon
Aug 22, 2013

Those birds certainly know what they're doin'!

SamEyeAm posted:

I know a ton of people have replied already but let me really sell you on the Explorer's, Adventurer's, Whatever-It's-Called Pack.

It's the single best non-DLC thing this game has to offer. Period.

When you really wanna work with a specific race (gratz on Bosmer, they're getting a buff in a week or so) but hang out with cool people like me who will dedicate lots of time and effort to helping you enjoy this game to the fullest (no really, myself, ennuid, naktl and a few others will tell/give/craft you whatever you need because we are the nicest megadorks ever about this game) then you really need to roll an Ebonheart Pact toon.

Questing and PvP are a huge part of this. Anything dungeon-related works regardless of faction but, thing is, that comes later and not when you're band new to this game. When you need help at level 14 or whatever we can just show up and do what you need. Also, you WILL eventually get curious about PvP and you'll wanna be with goons for that. Also, just do it.

Welcome to the party, yo!

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Explorers is only really necessary if you want to min-max the gently caress out of the game. Or if you want to go ultra-mega sperglord in PvP.

By default, EP will have the most balanced races starting in Update 11 (Nords are getting a stamina buff, Dunmer are getting more magic buffs, and Argonians are getting a magicka buff).

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

When your sub lapses can you still craft using stuff from your crafting bag?

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

Baron Porkface posted:

When your sub lapses can you still craft using stuff from your crafting bag?

Yes, you just can't put more in. Though, for the prices you can get the 60 day sub+3000 crowns, I suggest keeping the sub going.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

gently caress yes, dethroned a bitch.

quote:

***Kill Counter Report *** Kills: 178 | Deaths: 23 | Streak: 13 | KDR: 7.74 | AP Gained: 115198 | Death Streak: 0

E: Final tally for the night, crowned an emp.

quote:

***Kill Counter Report *** Kills: 216 | Deaths: 23 | Streak: 51 | KDR: 9.39 | AP Gained: 137077 | Death Streak: 0

Synthwave Crusader fucked around with this message at 08:58 on Jul 23, 2016

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger

Scyantific posted:

gently caress yes, dethroned a bitch.

E: Final tally for the night, crowned an emp.

Cool. Which campaign was that on?

Dr. Kayak Paddle
May 10, 2006

Can I get an invite to the Ebonheart guild?
@dirtyfalcon

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Sogol posted:

Cool. Which campaign was that on?

Azura's Star. It's actually a lot more fun than you think.

E: vvv I'm not emp, I don't hate myself enough to sit down for that much time.

Synthwave Crusader fucked around with this message at 15:03 on Jul 23, 2016

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

grats on emp scy

atomicpile
Nov 7, 2009

Started playing this game again for the first time since launch. Decided to roll a new character.

Looking for a guild invite: @atomicpile

Also, I feel like begging for training gear if anyone can help me out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thursday Next
Jan 11, 2004

FUCK THE ISLE OF APPLES. FUCK THEM IN THEIR STUPID ASSES.
Look, a new bug appears!

Did you know you can craft the Elegant set now?

Or, how about the White bow of Alinor, part of the Ancestors set? The intrepid crafter known only as "," is responsible for this one!

I know a guy who knows a guy who can get you some crafted gold keys, no questions asked.

And, yeah, I'm playing on a newer version of the game, it's not going to be released to the public for a couple more years, but I can already craft jewelry, no big deal, my uncle at Nintendo got it for me

If I were slightly less scrupulous, I would use this bug to scam pubbies out of gold by pretending to have the secret to forging gold keys. drat these morals.

Thursday Next fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Jul 24, 2016

• Locked thread