Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
So, what's the results to Tahm's mini rework with his ult passive and his passive passive?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Tired Moritz posted:

So, what's the results to Tahm's mini rework with his ult passive and his passive passive?

Tahm is back in the meta, cool and good.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

KirbyKhan posted:

Yes, you no longer watching his stream led him down a dark path to fill the void that is approval.

Actually, yeah that could be it. But he was a scummy dude even back then. I remember he had cops called on him while on stream.

At no point did I suggest that I singlehandedly was responsible for his decline. Just that being loud/obnoxious and not very good doesn't retain viewers for long.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
No Libertine it was you, you are the destroyer of PhantomLords

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Luna Was Here posted:

No Libertine it was you, you are the destroyer of PhantomLords

Hooray for Libertine! Slayer of lovely streamers!

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
http://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/developer-corner/B2y4p4vE-pre-worlds-early-game-update

quote:

Hey folks,

As we get closer to Worlds, we’re looking to make some key changes to the state of pro play. One particular area of focus is the unopposed laneswap meta of the previous patches.

Laneswapping, while difficult to do successfully, is starting to feel pretty formulaic with few strategic tradeoffs. As it’s become more prevalent and teams do it more efficiently, it’s led to passive turret trading and less direct early conflict. When laneswapping becomes a default opener, it creates a non-interactive early game with. We’ll be making some changes in the upcoming patch to address this.

At a high level: we’re adding factors that heighten the risk of laneswaps. Our goal is not to eliminate laneswapping but to make it a strategic choice with actual tradeoffs.

For reference, here are the changes:

First, incentivize attacking and defending turrets. The first turret taken now grants a ‘First Blood’ reward, but turrets are now better at defending their allied champions.

New: "Turret First Blood" gold: +275 local, +25 global (400 total gold across the team)
Second, target a lane that’s ideal for fast push strategies. Bot lane’s outer turret defenses are no longer identical to the other lanes, and cannon minion spawns now rotate between lanes.

Fortification (temporary damage reduction buff on turrets) changed

Duration: 7 minutes -> 5 minutes
Damage reduction: 35% -> 50%
Fortification removed from bot lane turrets (we’re investigating a more nuanced approach to this)
Outer turret HP: 3300 -> 3500
Cannon minions now spawn differently

Each team gets one cannon minion per wave, rotating lanes.
Specifically, Bot gets a cannon minion in lane at wave 3, Mid at wave 4, and Top at wave 5. This then repeats.
Post-20 minutes, Mid has a cannon in wave 40 then both Bot and Top get one in wave 41. This then repeats.
Post-35 minutes, all lanes have cannons in each wave.
We know the timing’s not great and ideally this would have landed sooner to give teams time before playoffs to adjust. With that said, we think it’s important for the state of the game and something worth implementing now versus waiting until the offseason. We also want teams to qualify for Worlds in the same general meta that they’ll be playing in this October, meaning now’s our only chance to make these changes. While we’re be iterating over the patches to come, these are the last major changes coming to the game before Worlds.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
you have got to be loving kidding me

Flappy Bert
Dec 11, 2011

I have seen the light, and it is a string

That's got to be the most convoluted and difficult solution they could possibly come up with.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
It's a Caitlyn buff!

stump collector
May 28, 2007
Bonus mechanic: when a jungler successfully ganks bot lane, mid lane, and top lane on waves 3, 4, and 5, then pushes every wave to the turret, the game ends instantly

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Holy poo poo. This is the worst decision they've made in a while. What a completely asinine and roundabout way to "deal" with something that is a non issue

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

This sounds absurdly convoluted.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Remove TP and jungle camps, add walls to every lane that prevents roaming and lock everyone into their respective lanes for 20 minutes. Make the cowardly botlane fight me, instead of the rest of their team

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
You thought the top tower fortification introduction was convoluted and unintuitive and retarded? *evil grin* You ain't seen nothin' yet....

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
I honestly don't even understand the real implications of these changes and I'm not convinced Riot does either.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

i dont think any of those changes are gonna fix anything but they might not be trying to fix it? i cant tell if those changes are supposed to make laneswapping more interesting or if they're trying to get rid of it or what.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
at least they're improving the tower ai

basically bot towers are way weaker?

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
NEW CHANGE: Every 2.5 minutes one of three lanes will have its health and damage permanently raised or lowered by 100/10 (50/50 chance), at 20 minutes every other minion has a chance of actually being a Ziggs bomb. Leash the ziggs bomb to the Rift Herald to unlock Baron Nashor as a playable character.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

henkman posted:

Remove TP

henkman posted:

Remove TP

henkman posted:

Remove TP

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Sexpansion posted:

I honestly don't even understand the real implications of these changes and I'm not convinced Riot does either.

the most ridiculous thing that immediately pops out to me is that a jungler can now feasibly destroy every lane in the first few minutes of the game if everything goes right

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

exethan posted:

Bonus mechanic: when a jungler successfully ganks bot lane, mid lane, and top lane on waves 3, 4, and 5, then pushes every wave to the turret, the game ends instantly

lol the reality will be: smite cannon on wave 3, smite cannon on wave 4, smite cannon on wave 5 :cheers:

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot
Hm, maybe pro players dont want to play static eurolanes and you shouldn't try to force them in to it. I dont know I just post here.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
This is concerning: "Fortification removed from bot lane turrets (we’re investigating a more nuanced approach to this)"

You want to make a change strictly for pro play, but you're not even sure what you want to do and you're shipping these changes in one patch cycle. If you are going to make a change, make it. Otherwise, stop half assing it and doing bizarre half changes.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

i bet the new tower ai is gonna be really broken

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Meat Recital posted:

Hm, maybe pro players dont want to play static eurolanes and you shouldn't try to force them in to it. I dont know I just post here.

The funny thing is that most pro players don't like laneswaps, they just accept that they are the optimal way to play right now.

Poulpe
Nov 11, 2006
Canadian Santa Extraordinaire

Sexpansion posted:

They're removing Bot lane's outer turret's early game defenses, and making the first turret taken down in the game worth bonus gold.

Basically, "you'd better protect bot, giving it up early to trade for top is very bad."

Time to see some early game junglers again!

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Why do they do this poo poo before Worlds ever single time?

Flappy Bert
Dec 11, 2011

I have seen the light, and it is a string

At least this time they did but before playoffs.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I feel like while most players won't notice poo poo here, this is going to be huge for pro games. Bigger than riot realizes I think. Okay you force standard lanes or whatever you're trying to do, but your changes to cannon minions means there are major changes to gold distribution, recall timing, relic shield, strength of ages (rarely seen?), etc etc etc. This is not something to shift out at a critical time.

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Radical posted:

i bet the new tower ai is gonna be really broken

Suddenly towers target squishy champions first no matter what.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

That looks really loving dumb

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
im just gonna quote one of my posts bashing riot at random and hope its an insult thats somewhat topical

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

kirtar posted:

Suddenly towers target squishy champions first no matter what.

But only on blue side, and no one notices for two years.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
If they ever get rid of Teleport then it will just be a perma-Shen meta.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Luna Was Here posted:

the way they pronounce Taliyah gives me literal brain aids
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-XQ0Jb2MRs

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot

Luna Was Here posted:

im just gonna quote one of my posts bashing riot at random and hope its an insult thats somewhat topical

Luna Was Here posted:

Man, just when I thought riot was going to be kind to me and my fellow marksman friends, this patch happened

checks out

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

Are you in or are you out?
This year's secret ingredient is...!

Can't wait to see the first team that figures out how to consistently get both first bloods, maybe even on the same champion, win every match. I'm thinking Soraka healing the cannon minion might come into play.

RYang
Dec 5, 2012

slydingdoor posted:

I'm thinking Soraka healing the cannon minion might come into play.

Soraka hasn't been able to heal minions since February. Which is a pity, I liked healing a cannon minion to full before Bannering it.

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

Are you in or are you out?
Aw, feels like I haven't actually played since then either. Still catch some pro games every once in a while though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Che Delilas
Nov 23, 2009
FREE TIBET WEED
New Change: Bot lane outer turret attack range scales as a function of nearby champion attack ranges.

• Locked thread