Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bokashi
Aug 21, 2006
What's a guy like me to do?

PaintVagrant posted:

Oh snap I just realized that they are totally insane with high reclaimer. God high reclaimer rules now. Hand of Fate flamebringers feated back into nice spots to go kill your caster or the things you love...

Yeah, Mat 7 and an extra point of arm is exactly what they needed. Also the change to cav charges means they're more likely to get their critical grievous wounds on the charge, which is situationally great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Every game of mk3 I've played I had cavalry in my list, and I never knew they got boosted charge attack rolls. That is hella fuckin trill. :hellyeah:

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

gannyGrabber posted:

Every game of mk3 I've played I had cavalry in my list, and I never knew they got boosted charge attack rolls. That is hella fuckin trill. :hellyeah:

Yeah, its like in Mk2 where everyone forgot they had +2 MAT on charge attack rolls.

I think people knowing Cavalry rules is up there with the rules for what happens to a model being slammed and weird LOS rules as far as people not knowing what the rules are.

Full disclosure, I stand just as guilty if not more.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
For one of my local JMLs the point increase from weeks 2 and 3 were increased, so week 2 is 15 pts and week 3 is 25 pts. That opens a lot more options, but I'm not sure where I want to go. I am playing ret. I have 2 magnetized shyeel heavy warjack kits(in addition to the battlebox) that I can use. So basically I have to choose whether I want a 2nd Manticore or a Hydra.

I'm kind of leading towards the manticore, because the hydra is horribly pillowfisted this week when I don't have the ability to bring any arcanists, but I'm not really sure.

susan
Jan 14, 2013
New Farrow Warlock preview.

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

F-F-FRIDAY NIGHT MOTHERFUCKERS

susan posted:

New Farrow Warlock preview.

Noice

TheInvisiblePooka
Dec 18, 2012

Friendly Fire posted:

In a straight comparison sure, but in the context of what Sloan will take in her battlegroup anyway it's fine. Haley 1 can run a great Jack gunline, but she runs an amazing combined arms force too and her feat suits that style of play.

In the context of what Sloan does, the old Mk.3 feat was leaps and bounds better than what it is now. The old Mk.3 feat, as unfun as it was, felt like a real feat. What they replaced it with is Sloan's old Mk.2 feat with a new paint job. It feels very "meh" and that's a problem.

PP could have very easily combined both feats into something like, "Sloan and models in her battlegroup gain +1 ROF and +2 RAT during their activation this turn." To me, this would have been the best solution.

Alternatively, they could have made the spell casted be Guided Fire instead of Fire Group. Guided Fire is so much more useful than Fire Group, especially when you think beyond the first two turns of the game. Sloan's new feat is only really useful during those first two turns now because once turn three rolls up, there's few scenarios where you need for any range bonus.

But, you know, three years of play testing and design space. Probably something I'm missing.

jubelio
Dec 10, 2003
if you can balance a tac-hammer on your head, you can head off your opponent with a balanced attack
it's kind of difficult to think past the first two turns of the game if you get alpha'd off the board. are you seriously saying that range boosts are bad?

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

What exactly was her old feat?

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

What exactly was her old feat?

Each model in her BG immediately made a ranged attack with +2 RAT.

Guided Fire for free would have been completely unnecessary and ridiculously good. Her feat is still really good. It's a silly complaint.

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad
Anyone played with new Venethrax yet? I still haven't had a chance to get a game in. What's he like? Any good tales? I really want to try him out!

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Finished babby's first Ragnor and battlegroup:

:hellyeah:

Raerlynn
Oct 28, 2007

Sorry I'm late, I'm afraid I got lost on the path of life.

TheInvisiblePooka posted:

In the context of what Sloan does, the old Mk.3 feat was leaps and bounds better than what it is now. The old Mk.3 feat, as unfun as it was, felt like a real feat. What they replaced it with is Sloan's old Mk.2 feat with a new paint job. It feels very "meh" and that's a problem.

PP could have very easily combined both feats into something like, "Sloan and models in her battlegroup gain +1 ROF and +2 RAT during their activation this turn." To me, this would have been the best solution.

Alternatively, they could have made the spell casted be Guided Fire instead of Fire Group. Guided Fire is so much more useful than Fire Group, especially when you think beyond the first two turns of the game. Sloan's new feat is only really useful during those first two turns now because once turn three rolls up, there's few scenarios where you need for any range bonus.

But, you know, three years of play testing and design space. Probably something I'm missing.

+1 RoF in the faction with the Stormwall and Hurricane. Yes clearly your game balance insight it's superior to PPs. :rolleyes:

Kara is fine as is - the feat is a little vanilla, but +2 rat and an out of activation shot is nothing to sneeze at in the home of the POW 15 at range 18. Cast guided fire, is not like Kara's going to have a bunch of critical buffs to upkeep.

susan
Jan 14, 2013
The Facebook groups are freaking out over the new Merc theme list, because it gives Boomhowlers Ambush and a few free solos. While those are cute, how the gently caress is no one freaking out about the ARMYWIDE FEIGN DEATH it gives for free???

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

susan posted:

The Facebook groups are freaking out over the new Merc theme list, because it gives Boomhowlers Ambush and a few free solos. While those are cute, how the gently caress is no one freaking out about the ARMYWIDE FEIGN DEATH it gives for free???

Got a link to where this was spoiled?

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

susan posted:

You want to provide a link or details to said theme list?

Fake Edit:
:argh: BEEEESSSSS :argh:

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

Got a BB tournament going on this weekend with Kozlov. Any tips/tricks for the guy? Definitely haven't played around with him yet...

susan
Jan 14, 2013

I R SMART LIKE ROCK posted:

You want to provide a link or details to said theme list?

Fake Edit:
:argh: BEEEESSSSS :argh:

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

~ the ultimate driving machine ~
I'm not sure I mind feign death on units, but on casters it is really egregious.

susan
Jan 14, 2013

PaintVagrant posted:

I'm not sure I mind feign death on units, but on casters it is really egregious.

"My Buccaneer walks up to Bart, throws him forward, screw you Caine."

Incy
May 30, 2006
for other Out
Awesome I can include trenchers as mercs! Let me check the list of allowed models to see which ones I can... oh.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Incy posted:

Awesome I can include trenchers as mercs! Let me check the list of allowed models to see which ones I can... oh.

See right in the first bullet point where it says they're allowed? There you go. Glad I could help.

Mailbox Roleplay
Jul 16, 2006

rydiafan posted:

See right in the first bullet point where it says they're allowed? There you go. Glad I could help.

It would be nice if it was "Trencher units and solos".

xiw
Sep 25, 2011

i wake up at night
night action madness nightmares
maybe i am scum

Cpig Haiku contest 2020 winner
Arrrgh, I was hoping so much they'd skip with the 'theme forces give you free points' stuff this time around.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Mailbox Roleplay posted:

It would be nice if it was "Trencher units and solos".

That would be a little much, I think, especially if there are more trenchers coming out in the future. This is much easier to keep a handle on.

xiw posted:

Arrrgh, I was hoping so much they'd skip with the 'theme forces give you free points' stuff this time around.

Same, although you'll get at max 3 of those solos and that's if you spend 60 points on units.

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer
My warlocks won't even fit in my photobox, lollers

Color correction went wonky in that second image, jeez.

TheInvisiblePooka
Dec 18, 2012

PaintVagrant posted:

Like Magnus?

fnordcircle
Jul 7, 2004

PTUI

w00tmonger posted:

Got a BB tournament going on this weekend with Kozlov. Any tips/tricks for the guy? Definitely haven't played around with him yet...

He needs to keep probably 2 focus on him at all times to deal with Helynna who is a loving bitch, btw. And the Menoth BB caster too.

Just keep 2 focus on him, that's what I wished I had done when I'd lose a game with him and then I'd do the exact same thing the next game cause I believe in the power of positive thinking.

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

The First of the Adorable Dead

Raerlynn posted:

+1 RoF in the faction with the Stormwall and Hurricane. Yes clearly your game balance insight it's superior to PPs. :rolleyes:

Kara is fine as is - the feat is a little vanilla, but +2 rat and an out of activation shot is nothing to sneeze at in the home of the POW 15 at range 18. Cast guided fire, is not like Kara's going to have a bunch of critical buffs to upkeep.

I'm a little confused but Sloan's feat got an errata and is now the battle group gets an additional shot during their activation and Sloan can cast guided fire for free. The out of activation shot and +2 rat feat no longer exists.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
After facing feign death on Farrow Commandos last night I can't say I'm too happy to see it sent wide. That being said the theme list looks good. Provides a few benefits without being stupidly powerful.

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

~ the ultimate driving machine ~

Magnus OP!

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Should have went with Magnus Opus. :haw:

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
I just hope the iron fang theme list allows for vlads and kayazy elims.

It won't, but i'll hols on to my hope.

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.

Fyrbrand posted:

My warlocks won't even fit in my photobox, lollers

Color correction went wonky in that second image, jeez.

Noice.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
whats the best way to store my foam trays full of stupid plastic monsters? i was going to use a comic book shortbox but i forgot how tight they are (like, the trays fit perfectly but there's no room on the sides to get out a tray at the bottom)

i dont need anything fancy, like a multicase is too much, but i would like to be able to a) store my poo poo and b) bring it with me to the store to play dumb plastic armymans

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
I'm not even sure what they could do with a Trencher theme list. Extended deployment zone and Grenadier jacks get high explosive 10?

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Excelsiortothemax posted:

I'm not even sure what they could do with a Trencher theme list. Extended deployment zone and Grenadier jacks get high explosive 10?

CRA rerolls, AD for cannons... not sure what else.

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

Literally The Worst posted:

whats the best way to store my foam trays full of stupid plastic monsters? i was going to use a comic book shortbox but i forgot how tight they are (like, the trays fit perfectly but there's no room on the sides to get out a tray at the bottom)

i dont need anything fancy, like a multicase is too much, but i would like to be able to a) store my poo poo and b) bring it with me to the store to play dumb plastic armymans

You can run a strip of cloth or something under the foam trays so the ends of the cloth stick out over the edge of the box. Then you grab the ends and lift. Use an old t-shirt or sheet.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Excelsiortothemax posted:

Trench Busters get Girded back :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

Literally The Worst posted:

KR multicase. They're super cheap of you just buy the cardboard and are really high quality of you just want to store poo poo.

Worth the money given how custom they are over trying to find something that just manages to work.