Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

Even if Trump gives a great speech tomorrow(it'll be okay, his gimmick fans will say it's great), it won't matter. Hillary will instantly leak VP news and steal the cycle, then dominate with her own convention.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
I really feel bad for Heidi Cruz she has to live with that man. She had children with that man, and she gets all his poo poo piled on her. What are the odds of a murder / suicide with her and Ted in the next half year?

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

This feels eerily like the paid Putin-troll style of shotgun trolling.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

not totally

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Codex Occultus posted:

The worst part is how boring the dem convention will be. I mean it'll be competently run and have people who are good at public speaking. How the gently caress can we be expected to watch that after this glorious insanity.

Hillary gets Beyonce, the cast of Hamilton, and others to close each night with a show.

disjoe
Feb 18, 2011

This election fucks with your head and makes you reject reality and logic.

Trump said to NYT that America has not right to lecture other countries on their own affairs. I don't know what to think anymore.

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

she was mentioned in an article from 2007

KaptainKrunk
Feb 6, 2006

Cruz self-destructing live on TV was pretty hilarious, although I think the GOP was never stupid enough to think it would finally be time in 2020 to run a "true conservative."

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
the rnc only has problems when people are speaking. the videos have been working great. just do more of those, maybe show the entirety of Riki-Oh: The Story of Ricky

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice

OatmealRaisin posted:

Meredith McIver doesn't seem to exist, or at least isn't on campaign payroll.

edit: :widowsnypa:

I'm honestly confused. Is she a former ghostwriter that they brought in to fall on the sword? Was she being paid under the table for reasons?

She seems to be a real person at least.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Microwaves Mom posted:

I really feel bad for Heidi Cruz she has to live with that man. She had children with that man, and she gets all his poo poo piled on her. What are the odds of a murder / suicide with her and Ted in the next half year?

She made her choice. She could have gotten out this fall/winter. We all would have protected her. She just kept telling weird stories about soup and pretended it was charming.

Cry for the kids. Those poor, poor kids.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme
I am loving this election so much.

https://twitter.com/DavidShuster/status/755959483881381888

https://twitter.com/politicoalex/status/755973516168667137

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Thundercracker posted:

I'm honestly confused. Is she a former ghostwriter that they brought in to fall on the sword? Was she being paid under the table for reasons?

She's a full partner at McIver, Miller, and Barron.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

Subterfrugal posted:

Considering he didn't have them last cycle, one primary doesn't really foretell an loyal voting block. Its not like Gerald Ford supporters went gently caress REGAN in 1980.

Freepers and talk-radio fuckwads have been around for decades but only Trump gave their insanity voice.

The only thing that will stop this voter bloc is type 2 diabetes, heart disease and cancer.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Thundercracker posted:

She's Trump corporate staff

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Not that it means anything but Jeffery lord said he knew the speechwriter and he's sorry he said she should be flogged in public

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

zen death robot posted:

Trump is a disaster

Most tsunamis are.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
But seriously Eric Trump attacked my grandfather in his speech so lol

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.

Republicans posted:

He's probably banking on the country to be practically begging for a republican in office after 4 years of Hillary. It wouldn't surprise me if he does much more and more overtly to sabotage Trump's campaign.

For real, Cruz just adopted "Vote your conscience" as a platform to stump for the RNC down-ballot. If Trump loses, he's prescient and the heir apparent against a likely weak incumbent. If Trump wins, he' can take credit for the down-ballot turnout that helped put the RNC back into the White House.

The_Raven
Jul 2, 2004

Upon this a question arises: whether it be better to be loved than feared or feared than loved?
Just got in, I've been poking around the thread here and there... but I've not seen a solid answer to whether or not the loans have been forgiven. I've been hearing conflicting reports all night. What up yo?

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Montasque posted:

Trump's loyal voters are about 35% of the Republican electorate. They will not forget this. To them the legacy of lyin' Ted has just been cemented and Hannity, Ingrahm, and Savage will never allow them to forget it.

Rubio and Walker played a much shrewder game than Cruz - don't endorse, but don't offend.

Trump's loyal voters, generally speaking, can't remember last week, much less last year.

confused
Oct 3, 2003

It's just business.

The_Raven posted:

Just got in, I've been poking around the thread here and there... but I've not seen a solid answer to whether or not the loans have been forgiven. I've been hearing conflicting reports all night. What up yo?

I don't think the data has been release yet:
http://www.fec.gov/fecviewer/CandidateCommitteeDetail.do?tabIndex=1&candidateCommitteeId=P80001571

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Subterfrugal posted:

For real, Cruz just adopted "Vote your conscience" as a platform to stump for the RNC down-ballot. If Trump loses, he's prescient and the heir apparent against a likely weak incumbent. If Trump wins, he' can take credit for the down-ballot turnout that helped put the RNC back into the White House.

On the flip side Cruz took a poo poo on the most important night of Mike Pence's life. Pence is popular with the GOP, and by doing that Cruz made more enemies than just Trump and his family.

gregday
May 23, 2003

https://twitter.com/BuzzFeedBen/status/755987354003787776

Codex Occultus
Apr 12, 2009

A straight line may be the shortest distance between two points, but it is by no means the most interesting.

Montasque posted:

There's a reason Ted Cruz word-filters to Ted Cruz - he's a horrible terrible monster and no real human could actually like him.

I will totally agree with this and actually go farther and say that whatever the gently caress Ted Cruz spends the next 4 years doing will be an even bigger obstacle to his 2020 run than the convention stunt. I mean it was kind of mind blowing he even got as far as he did with literally the entire republican senate _openly_ hating his guts.

the talent deficit
Dec 20, 2003

self-deprecation is a very british trait, and problems can arise when the british attempt to do so with a foreign culture

The_Raven posted:

they were

TwinsensRevenge
Aug 13, 2013

Montasque posted:

Boosted is dead right on this one. He's clicked into the Republican groupthink.

People happy with Cruz: #NeverTrumpers, diehard Cruzites, a few talk radio hosts, Democrats, the media.

People who hate Cruz: Republicans.

Adelson shut him out, donors are charging at him, delegates from his own state boo'ing him, and now the RNC has thrown him under the bus. Cruz just didn't take a poo poo on Trump, he took a poo poo on the RNC, the GOP, and Mike Pence. This was supposed to be Pence's big night and Cruz ruined it.

The party has had enough of Ted, maybe he'll continue to be a force in Texas, but four years is most likely not enough time to heal this wound.

Before today I feared Cruz was going to be the 2020 nom, he blew it.

a lot can happen in four years, and the GOP is going to be a loving mess in the event of a blowout loss. it's really impossible to say what 2020 is going to look like save for record temperatures and higher global sea levels.

Von Sloneker
Jul 6, 2009

as if all this was something more
than another footnote on a postcard from nowhere,
another chapter in the handbook for exercises in futility

The_Raven posted:

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/07/20/trump-forgives-nearly-50-million-in-loans-to-campaign.html

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

STAC Goat posted:

She made her choice. She could have gotten out this fall/winter. We all would have protected her. She just kept telling weird stories about soup and pretended it was charming.

Cry for the kids. Those poor, poor kids.

Everything I've seen of Cruz's kids shows they have even less tolerance of him than the rest of us. The clips where his kids just like outright refuse to let him touch them, etc.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
Before people get too smug...next cycle when Kanye West primaries President Clinton and steals the nomination from her will have an even wilder convention.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
"payback for Bork" is still a rallying cry in the republican party and yall acting like the rabidly devoted trump base is just going to forget Ted showing his rear end to their man

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
Ted Booz

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Trump's loyal voters, generally speaking, can't remember last week, much less last year.

As I said earlier, they remember cheap sloganing, and LYIN TED is a great slogan.

the talent deficit
Dec 20, 2003

self-deprecation is a very british trait, and problems can arise when the british attempt to do so with a foreign culture

Montasque posted:

On the flip side Cruz took a poo poo on the most important night of Mike Pence's life. Pence is popular with the GOP, and by doing that Cruz made more enemies than just Trump and his family.

i don't think pence is popular with the GOP, he was just popular in comparison to newt and christie

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

EwokEntourage
Jun 10, 2008

BREYER: Actually, Antonin, you got it backwards. See, a power bottom is actually generating all the dissents by doing most of the work.

SCALIA: Stephen, I've heard that speed has something to do with it.

BREYER: Speed has everything to do with it.
Anyone have the bigger picture of the entire trump family during the Cruz speech

gregday
May 23, 2003

Thank you fish monster

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Buzzfeed News really needs to loving rebrand

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

the talent deficit posted:

i don't think pence is popular with the GOP, he was just popular in comparison to newt and christie

Pence jumped on the Trump grenade - he's currently popular with the GOP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Woke up, thought "poo poo, maybe this night was the night there wasn't an epic mess at the RNC." Oh, so glad to be wrong.

• Locked thread