Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Stacked Deck currency datamined strings:

"A stack of unknown divination cards."
"Right click to take a divination card out of the stack."

So the divination card for stacked deck is just a stack of gambler cards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Sweet, even more cards I'll never be able to redeem.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

The Wu-Tang Secret posted:

Pillar of the Caged God Chieftain - I saw that Tawhoa gives 10% increased Strength, which made me think of the Pillar. Built around using 100% fire Molten Strike, because I'm still obsessed with this skill, and the phys damage from Strength makes me feel less guilty for travelling all the way to Point Blank. This might be better as Juggernaut, but what isn't.

It's okay but pretty much any PotCG build does more damage just wearing a normal high pdps staff.

quote:

Vortex Trapper Saboteur - I've never made a trapper before, and it sounds neat, so I whipped up a Vortex build with the usual Pyre + EE idea. Saboteur seems kind of garbage, maybe, so I might be better off with Trickster just for Patient Reaper.

Saboteur doesn't really give anything because the cold DoT fields don't stack and the main reason to go Sab is for Cluster Traps. I was considering going trap on my Elementalist as one of the 6 links but I felt like I would be using Vortex faster than the trap cooldown and I didn't really need to throw out Vortex as a long ranged trap for anything, that's what Frostbolt is for. I don't know that this is better than any typical Vortex build.

quote:

Oro's Totem Chieftain - First of two garbage builds based around using Ancestral Warchief with Oro's Sacrifice. This one has beefy, taunting, reflect-immune totems. Planning on Fireborn in the Duelist jewel socket, of course.

This seems fine.

quote:

Oro's Totem Elementalist - Second of two garbage builds. This one would use Orb of Storms with Elemental Overload and Mastermind of Discord for some absurd damage, probably. And the Witch looks really anime cool with a 2H sword.

This seems better than the Chieftain build and is probably what you want to do if you're playing 2h sword Witch (I've tried to make a bunch of trees for 2h sword Witch too).

quote:

Fire Crash Inquisitor - This one is probably dumb, but the idea is to use Avatar of Fire with Cold to Fire/Pyre to deal resist-ignoring 100% fire damage sceptre crits to things to inflict big ignites that double dip on all that fire/elemental/area damage. as well as a Flammability curse. Would this work at all?

This was literally my last plan for 2h sword witch but as a Templar. Except I was gonna use Oro's with the prolif node. I think ignites work better with Elementalist than with Inquisitor because Inquisitor forces you to stack crit chance and also -resist curses are kind of weird because you don't get the benefit on the main hit but the ignites do a lot less if you don't use -resist curses. Or I guess you could do something weird and just not crit so you get the 10% resistance penetration I guess.

quote:

Ice Storm Totem Hierophant - Hierophant seems like a natural fit for Ice Storm, since all that Int boosts your mana and gives you more energy shield. And totems seem like a natural fit for Ice Storm (and Firestorm), since they basically double dip on increased duration. Also, on a lark, I tried to get as much reduced mana cost as I could, but that probably isn't necessary. I need more Int on the tree, don't I?

You don't really need extra duration on totems and I don't really see what Hierophant gives you besides ES, which you also get from Trickster/Ascendant/Occultist along with other more useful stuff. You shouldn't have mana problems if you're stacking int for Icestorm and I'm pretty sure double totem works just as well as any multi totem build from Hierophant.

quote:

Lightning Trap Deadeye - My latest dumb idea. Ricochet gives +1 chain, and a Roth's Reach could make that +2, so... Lightning Trap? Why can't I just make a normal archer build. Windrippers and Drillnecks are both dirt cheap this league, I should be using those.

Lightning Trap doesn't seem like a great skill for endgame no matter how much you scale it up. Especially with a bow since your only quiver option for really boosting damage is Drillneck, which doesn't work with Chain.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

What the gently caress is up with the site and/or my browser?

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

The Shortest Path posted:

What the gently caress is up with the site and/or my browser?

More insanity effects have been added.
Insanity from multiple sources now stack.
:v:

megalodong
Mar 11, 2008

Insanity is something that's already in the game apparently, and is emphatically NOT a spoiler for the next expansion, according to chris wilson.

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/DamnedWeaponEffectsUnique~~1

That's the only thing on the wiki that comes up for insanity, some kind of unspecified modifier for something.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.
So I've decided that for my next character I want to try a spellcaster that is all about making GBS threads lightning absolutely everywhere. Any fun build recommendations?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

CoC/Ball Lightning meets both of those criteria

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.

Ultima66 posted:

Stacked Deck currency datamined strings:

"A stack of unknown divination cards."
"Right click to take a divination card out of the stack."

So the divination card for stacked deck is just a stack of gambler cards.

"every divination card is weighted equally"
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1703236

Madness.

Edit: wow that thread is salty as hell with people complaining that it makes getting a mirror easier...

Budgie fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Jul 20, 2016

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
^^ that got retracted, fast. No easy HHs or Mirrors.

The Wu-Tang Secret posted:

Starting to get bored with my crit staff EQer. I'm kind of stuck at tier 6 maps, and I can't get anything higher.

Buy higher maps, afaik there are even yellows in the guild stash. You also should have a high enough zana by now that "stuck at 6s" is literally just lazyness. Get that Voidheart, run Excavations, make money.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

The Real Foogla posted:

^^ that got retracted, fast. No easy HHs or Mirrors.
According to the followup post, it'll still be exponentially better for getting good cards, so we'll see :getin:

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
Calling cards are really common from beyond maps. Shame about the rewards

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
So next league is probably going to be my last league where I'll follow a build plan and try do something on my own.

Thinking about have a play with something in the later half of this league so any Idea's on something that is fine on all map tiers and Aztri that is also not likely to get nerfed into oblivion next league? Seems CoC and EQ might get nerfed? Might be talking out my rear end though..

E - I want something on the OP side since it's my last league of following a guide.

Tai fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Jul 20, 2016

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Tai posted:

So next league is probably going to be my last league where I'll follow a build plan and try do something on my own.

Thinking about have a play with something in the later half of this league so any Idea's on something that is fine on all map tiers and Aztri that is also not likely to get nerfed into oblivion next league? Seems CoC and EQ might get nerfed? Might be talking out my rear end though..

E - I want something on the OP side since it's my last league of following a guide.

it usually was that the builds that did uber easily would get nerfed, but poison bladefall mines (for example) are still here

same for other builds that were OP last patch, like BV and EQ

I think it's actually possible that they wont nerf poo poo, but make other stuff better

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Tai posted:

templar with 4 warchief totems is op as gently caress. Assuming it's not nerfed. CoC is def getting some treatment, no idea about EQ.

theshim
May 1, 2012

I'd be surprised if EQ doesn't get brought in line, either with nerfs or buffs to some other melee skills, because right now there's virtually no reason to use anything else.

Ancestral Warchief is also pretty goddamn busted, though it's not the big in-meta build yet so it might go untouched for another league or two.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

I mean, outside of voidheart going away I don't expect them to gently caress around with EQ much.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

theshim posted:

I'd be surprised if EQ doesn't get brought in line, either with nerfs or buffs to some other melee skills, because right now there's virtually no reason to use anything else.

Ancestral Warchief is also pretty goddamn busted, though it's not the big in-meta build yet so it might go untouched for another league or two.

Well other then the fact some people might find EQ boring to play. And there are builds that can get close to that power.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

theshim posted:

Ancestral Warchief has some annoying clear speed problems and can't handle fast movers very well thanks to the delay between the totem appearing and grandpa actually waking up.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

dis astranagant posted:

Ancestral Warchief has some annoying clear speed problems and can't handle fast movers very well thanks to the delay between the totem appearing and grandpa actually waking up.

It's power lets builds like shield charge work though. It covers single target nicely for any build that is all about AOE.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Does bladefall mines ignore reflect I take it?

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

Tai posted:

Yes, traps, mines, and totems are the ones that do damage so they take reflect damage not you.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Tai posted:

All traps and mines ignore reflect (more technically, the reflect targets the now non-existent trap/mine), same as minions and totems get reflected on rather than you.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

So apparently my double DoT Vortex build does almost entirely fire damage or something. Also mathing the real damage output from ignites gives some really hilarious numbers. The build is strong and I'm actually ready to post a huge build breakdown about it now that I'm in the mid 80s. Character here: https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Ultima66/characters IGN: TrashCanSally

I did the math based on how much my damage went up with Pendulum of Destruction and I have something like 900% increased damage that's applying to Vortex. The initial hit of Vortex when buffed with Elemental Overload does around 15000 fire damage, which causes a base ignite of 3000. With the increased damage modifiers I get, that's 30000 per second. Then all the more multipliers are applied, Rapid Decay, Righteous Fire, Controlled Destruction, and Elemental Overload, which gives a final ignite of 128000 fire damage per second. This is assuming the monster has 0 fire resist on the initial hit after the -50% from Orb of Storms Ele Equilibrium + Ele Weakness. I think this means I should actually pick up the penetration node over the double Golems node or Prolif node because so much of my damage is tied up in getting the big initial fire damage hit. For reference, the cold field from my Vortex does around 20000 DPS, and my Righteous Fire is around 5500 base burn per second + ~500% increased (since it doesn't benefit from spell damage) + the bonus from Conc Effect/Ele Overload/Ele Focus, or ~another 100k DPS. Also note these numbers are for lvl 18 Vortex with lvl 3 Empower (which is really cheap right now). None of my gems have quality right now, which would add another ~50% increased damage. The damage would be much higher with 20/20 gems and a lvl 21 Vortex/lvl 4 Empower.

I have a few small issues with the build though (outside of the typical RF build that can't do -40+% regen maps, -max, vuln, etc, though I actually can if I drop RF and just go slower):

1. I have just over 6000 life right now wearing Lightning Coil with 88 fire resist. I'll have probably close to 7000 life once I get to 90 and pick up my extra life nodes/jewel sockets for more life. Burst phys/cold/lightning damage is still really sketchy. I have 3000 armor and negligible evasion without acrobatics or anything. It's easy to take Acrobatics for granted when playing an Acrobatics character but it really mitigates an incredible amount of damage. Also no source of Endurance charges for CWDT IC/general phys mitigation is very painful vs Porcupines. That said, my Granite Flask of Iron Skin doesn't seem to do much against any of the damage that actually threatens me, and I could probably mitigate a lot of the issues by using some combination of Rumi's Concoction, Taste of Hate, and a Stibnite. Blind on Golems would also help, though that leads to problem 2:
2. Gem space. My sockets are all being used right now on essential skills, and I'm using unlinked golems and unlinked Flame Dash. I could feasibly drop either Inc AoE or Conc Effect on my RF and go down to a 3 link, maybe drop increased duration on my CWDT IC setup, and maybe drop Clarity entirely. Also dropping golems would free up a socket, but I don't really love the idea of doing that. I'd like to use a better movement skill or put Blind on my Golems but gem space is a real problem, and Blind on Golems would probably help my survivability out quite a bit.
3. The single target boss damage when you don't have Ele Conflux up is pretty weak. A majority of my damage comes from ignite, and if I don't have Elemental Conflux I'm relying on like a 10% chance to naturally ignite things with either a crit or the small chance to ignite I get from passives. If the boss has adds that trigger Conflux consistently though there's no problem. That said, there's not really a good option for Atziri besides maybe using a different skill entirely. The lack of damage from ignite is extra problematic because the safest way to fight tough bosses is to throw out Frostbolt from long range and Vortex on the Frostbolts, which means I'm not even getting the burning damage from RF.
4. How do people play Caustic Arrow/Righteous Fire/Totem builds/Trap builds/whatever without life leech it's so annoying having to use potions to heal up quickly after taking small amounts of damage :(.

I don't know if I'd want to make an entirely new character for this or respec the points if I get a 6L Shav's, but the build should work even better with Low Life. Iron Will would probably have to be replaced by some other gem, since I won't be going deep into the bottom left of the tree, but Low Life adds a better balance of regen + burn damage because of RF only burning 70% of ES, the ability to use 2 curses on Blasphemy, a larger overall health pool, and the ability to double dip Pain Attunement on your ignites.

Also if you're curious, no the damage from ignites is not as big as a 10 stack Flameblast. 10 stack Flameblast does 3600 base damage at lvl 20, which gives 720 base ignite damage per second.. Vortex does 570. Assuming a breakdown of gear like I have, Vortex ignites get ~40% more damage from increased spell damage than Flameblast, 47% more from RF, and 42% more from Controlled Destruction. This gives ~330 base ignite per second from bonuses Flameblast wouldn't normally get. Even with Pain Attunement this would go to around 430 vs the 720 from Flameblast. This is assuming someone builds a Flameblaster exactly in the same way I'm building my Vortex character. That said, being able to do even half the DoT of a full stack Flameblast from a single tap of the button means a lot, and also the fact that you take way less reflect damage from Vortex. And well, the fact that no one actually goes all in on maxing Flameblast damage and lots of people even use the Ele Prolif gem because honestly, you really don't need to do that much damage for anything.

theshim
May 1, 2012

Bugsy posted:

Yes, traps, mines, and totems are the ones that do damage so they take reflect damage not you.
It's worth noting that this also means you don't get the benefits of dealing the damage (leech, etc.).

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

"yes James. Remove that from my presence. It... Offends me" *sips overpriced wine*
That is way too many words for anyone on this forum to care about.

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004

theshim posted:

It's worth noting that this also means you don't get the benefits of dealing the damage (leech, etc.).

And also worth noting that if you're using poison on those bladefall mines (you are) with Southbound gloves, on-kill effects apply to you instead of the traps, so say hello to corrupting blood stacks and other fun things that traps/totems/mines usually protect you from. If you're not wearing southbound (and by extension Binos), 1) you're doing it wrong and 2) you'll STILL suffer on-kill effects from any mob that dies to the poison and not the initial hit with bladefall.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
You can use binos fine while mapping with bf mines if you have enough high tier maps, i just don't see why you would since aspd + spelldmg is better

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004

killstealing posted:

You can use binos fine while mapping with bf mines if you have enough high tier maps, i just don't see why you would since aspd + spelldmg is better

Bino prolif is a great way to make bladefall mines clear quicker, is a dagger so you can still WB and gives respectable stats otherwise. For bosses though I swap away from Bino. I was mostly being facetious though, I just personally can't stand using BF mines without prolif since they're so drat clunky with placement and triggering.

Mince Pieface
Feb 1, 2006

I just use Obliteration and 2x ming's heart on my bladefall trapper because damage is all you need, baby. 3600 life livin it up in red maps/uberlab.

The Wu-Tang Secret
Nov 28, 2004

The Real Foogla posted:

Buy higher maps, afaik there are even yellows in the guild stash. You also should have a high enough zana by now that "stuck at 6s" is literally just lazyness. Get that Voidheart, run Excavations, make money.
Well, I bought three okay t6 maps for an alch, used a transmute on an Arachnid Nest, and, welp.

Time to buy a Voidheart and clown on uber Izaro, right?

(First exalt drop ever, incidentally.)

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
what item filter is so patrician that it doesnt even give exalts a white bg

The Wu-Tang Secret
Nov 28, 2004

killstealing posted:

what item filter is so patrician that it doesnt even give exalts a white bg
It is a trashy out of date filter that I used for aesthetic reasons. It doesn't even highlight Sorcerer Boots. I plan on replacing it with Neversink now that I have a Voidheart and can probably trivialize everything.

What should a crit Jebquake be called? I conscientously object to calling it Trumpquake. Tedquake? Randquake? Maybe even, god forbid, Berniequake?

Ornedan
Nov 4, 2009

Cybernetic Crumb

Ultima66 posted:

3. The single target boss damage when you don't have Ele Conflux up is pretty weak. A majority of my damage comes from ignite, and if I don't have Elemental Conflux I'm relying on like a 10% chance to naturally ignite things with either a crit or the small chance to ignite I get from passives. If the boss has adds that trigger Conflux consistently though there's no problem. That said, there's not really a good option for Atziri besides maybe using a different skill entirely. The lack of damage from ignite is extra problematic because the safest way to fight tough bosses is to throw out Frostbolt from long range and Vortex on the Frostbolts, which means I'm not even getting the burning damage from RF.

A worm flask might help here. Both for getting conflux up and for proliferating from the worm corpses.

e: You could path into templar start from below instead of from above. That'd trade +10 int for +10 str which is probably of more use to you.

Ornedan fucked around with this message at 11:47 on Jul 21, 2016

Sotar
Dec 1, 2009
Fortune Teller's Chest prophecy can actually be good. Got it to proc in Springs and tge doctor was in.

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
Do we know what the Medallion mods are yet? The event page just says "Medallion: Each area may have an additional mod applied to it."

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

gonadic io posted:

Do we know what the Medallion mods are yet? The event page just says "Medallion: Each area may have an additional mod applied to it."

Hidden away in the race discussion forum:

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Stash tabs on sale this weekend, give GGG more of your money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

You hate ridden fucks will regret your words when you eventually grow up.

Peace.
Where's a good place to farm Vaal side areas?

e: never mind I forgot I can just use sac pieces

ronya fucked around with this message at 12:49 on Jul 23, 2016

• Locked thread