Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Remora
Aug 15, 2010

I have no idea what I'm doing. I'll drop into a game and topfrag one-tapping people all day, and then I'll get dumpstered constantly losing duels. Is the skill volatility at Silver 4 really that high, or is it hackers, or something I can't do poo poo about like teammates? :sigh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
maybe you are inconsistent

stump collector
May 28, 2007

anyone want this crap??

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

exethan posted:

anyone want this crap??

Oh I would definitely want that crap

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Agoat posted:

Oh I would definitely want that crap

wet it up papi

http://steamcommunity.com/id/exethan0596/

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

exethan posted:

wet it up papi

http://steamcommunity.com/id/exethan0596/

Added!

Dancer
May 23, 2011
I just started playing and I'm currently a silver 4 scrub and I'm looking for a group invite.

https://steamcommunity.com/id/DDancer/

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Remora posted:

I have no idea what I'm doing. I'll drop into a game and topfrag one-tapping people all day, and then I'll get dumpstered constantly losing duels. Is the skill volatility at Silver 4 really that high, or is it hackers, or something I can't do poo poo about like teammates? :sigh:

In my experience, silver 4 is a weird mix of people barely better then silver 3 (watch a silver 3 game sometime, it's significantly more dire then 4), gold novas who are in a slump, and lots and lots of smurfs.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

I bought a cheap stat trak sawed off and went into valve death match to juke the stats. lurked dust2 tunnels long a doors and short. a++ would troll again

BeRandom
Mar 20, 2011

Dancer posted:

I just started playing and I'm currently a silver 4 scrub and I'm looking for a group invite.

https://steamcommunity.com/id/DDancer/

Join the GooNovas. We are open to Silvers as well.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/GNFU

stump collector
May 28, 2007

ArmZ posted:

I bought a cheap stat trak sawed off and went into valve death match to juke the stats. lurked dust2 tunnels long a doors and short. a++ would troll again

surc
Aug 17, 2004

ArmZ posted:

lurked dust2 tunnels long a doors and short. a++ would troll again

Only registered members can see post attachments!

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

nah lurking tunnel stairs is the best in DM, if you're halfway decent you will end with a 4:1+ ratio.

surc
Aug 17, 2004

I prefer long doors because sometimes the elevation difference makes it harder for me to mentally parse footsteps in tunnels.

E: Also there's a little more variation for people approaching you in tunnels, and you have to strafe a bit more. I can eat while I play that spot at long doors, and still get kills because there are just two vertical lines that people have to peek around to get you; one from t-spawn, one from long. Just look left and look right.

surc fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Jul 21, 2016

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I think cat is the easiest, actually. So many bods to frag and such easy angles.

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Spiros posted:

I think cat is the easiest, actually. So many bods to frag and such easy angles.

i go for both cat and lower tunnels

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

ArmZ posted:

when i first started csgo i was going for the shotty achievements on a community dm server, and the admin kicked me for using the xm101 around cat-lower dark

i wasnt even doing that great of the people i killed he was like 80% of them

surc
Aug 17, 2004

Oh poo poo I forgot eleague was on today! Fnatic won out against Envy, 2-0. Na'vi - C9 up next.

NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004
It feels somedays are just a coin flip chance of hackers in MG-MGE. Twice in one round I was tapped with an AWP through two feet of wall for ten-ish damage. Same dude wallbangs any sniper that challenges him, solo pushes sites after defenders walk out, etc.

Hard to even get mad about anymore. Just a moment of, "Oh, that guy's walling." Still, it's way more discouraging than just getting dismantled by a good team.

ArfJason posted:

when i first started csgo i was going for the shotty achievements on a community dm server, and the admin kicked me for using the xm101 around cat-lower dark

i wasnt even doing that great of the people i killed he was like 80% of them

It's funny when you kill someone in the same spot over and over again and they just keep challenging you in the same way, getting pissed, instead of just going somewhere else.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

played 2 games this morning, first game some dude trolls and afks then just abandons by round 2 or 3. So it's 4v5, we ended up losing 13-16 (the 4 of us had 25+ kills each so we weren't doing badly just lost a couple close rounds), I threw out a few "Your just bad" for fun then dropped. I ran into their topfrag again next game, he talked mad poo poo about how they won and he 40+ bombed, which I don't think he did, but I wasn't paying attention, either way we won that game 16-12. poo poo talker left as soon as the game was over, no chance to "your just bad" him a bunch. Sad morning.

Rosh
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's Wrong,
Something's Right
Man, what the hell is up with ELeague's stream these past two weeks. Seemed like everything was pretty much flawless through all the weeks of group stage.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Rosh posted:

Man, what the hell is up with ELeague's stream these past two weeks. Seemed like everything was pretty much flawless through all the weeks of group stage.

production fatigue.

surc
Aug 17, 2004

I hate when the analysts and casters totally dismiss an NA team on a map, then the NA team almost wins the map, then they lose the map. Stop the choke, NA :(

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
4 prime wins in a row against sup/global stacks today, feels good mayne

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI

Bohemian Nights posted:

4 prime wins in a row against sup/global stacks today, feels good mayne

Wheres yours??

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry

Depths posted:

Wheres yours??

et tu, brute

PerOlus
Jan 26, 2003

We'r even, seņor!
5 losses in a row where the opponents completely outplayed us in all ways. Derank, and motivation is very low. I need a break from this game and its dumb community.

MF_James
May 8, 2008

PerOlus posted:

5 losses in a row where the opponents completely outplayed us in all ways. Derank, and motivation is very low. I need a break from this game and its dumb community.

at least you are getting outplayed instead of losing because you have trolls/leavers/hackers in the game.

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck
I just ranked up to Gold Nova 1. I don't want to be Gold Nova 1 :/

NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004

MF_James posted:

at least you are getting outplayed instead of losing because you have trolls/leavers/hackers in the game.

Last game I had two derankers on my team and a waller on the enemy team. Peak CS:GO.

I would pay 50 bucks for a game that was basically CS, but most aggressively policed.

The Ferret King posted:

I just ranked up to Gold Nova 1. I don't want to be Gold Nova 1 :/

Why? I love being deranked to Gold Nova. It's basically a license to gently caress around and win anyways. Savor your Nova.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry

PerOlus posted:

Those games are the perfect ones to download and study for a few minutes. See from their perspective why they owned you, try to consider what you could have done differently to respond. Can you use better angles? Counter flash as they enter sites? Are you peeking things you shouldn't? See also what worked for the opposing team and try to work that into your own game- a whole lot of the stuff i do is basically replicate annoying bullshit that has stomped me in the past, it's a great way to improve your play

Taking a break is also a good idea, though.

NerdyMcNerdNerd posted:

I would pay 50 bucks for a game that was basically CS, but most aggressively policed.

You can pay a lot less for third party services where people generally take the game a lot more seriously (but also expect more from you, perhaps)

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck

NerdyMcNerdNerd posted:

Why? I love being deranked to Gold Nova. It's basically a license to gently caress around and win anyways. Savor your Nova.

Because I was owning in silvers and now I'm going to be a scrub

xsf421
Feb 17, 2011

The Ferret King posted:

Protip: it's the same people all the way to GN3/4. They just got lucky with winstreaks.

Tevery Best
Oct 11, 2013

Hewlo Furriend
Stewie2k is hitting some shots and playing real smart, drat.

EDIT: JUAN ROUND TO DEAG NAVI IN

Tevery Best fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Jul 21, 2016

surc
Aug 17, 2004

C9 with the round to show: deag's nuts!

stump collector
May 28, 2007
IS SHROUD BACK??????????????

NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004

Bohemian Nights posted:

You can pay a lot less for third party services where people generally take the game a lot more seriously (but also expect more from you, perhaps)

I thought about it, but my MG rear end would probably get annihilated by people that care enough to do that. I might actually try it once I get better. I need to work on my reactions and my ability to pick out a target against a background.

The Ferret King posted:

Novas are a good tier. Hackers and smurfs usually leap past it on their way into MG+, so it's a decent bracket for playing around or working on your game. If you are good at just one thing ( aim, reaction, map awareness, etc ) you can take apart 75% of the people you'll go up against

Don't worry about Novas man. Of course, I'm sure someone else has a similar opinion about MG-MGE.

surc
Aug 17, 2004

Literally 5 seconds before navi killed most of C9 on the final round: :argh:

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Was the last c9 kill a tk? Oh c9.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtP3CYuD6Dc

I've switched from 1200x960 to 1900x1080 so here are my very last scraps of 4:3 shadowplay clips now that i've moved on to bigger and better resolutions