Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead
Alternatively, get a link alt and enjoy your boosts for the next few months until they get rebalanced out of existence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorsAnima
Nov 29, 2010
I just feel completely shit on. These changes won't make a cat in hell's difference.
What kind of casual doesn't have a missile damage spreadsheet

+

When you fly cancer legion ships (garmur orthrus yo) you need to know how your bang bang pointy sticks are gonna hit other dudes with tiny sigs and huge speed.

Fairly sure DRF got changed recently, doubt it makes much difference.

Aaaand on topic, basically only ever fire fury cruise/torp missiles at shield battleships and capitals.

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
In the beginning...the universe was created. his has been widely regarded as a bad move and has made a lot of people very angry.

MorsAnima posted:

What kind of casual doesn't have a missile damage spreadsheet

The bad and dumb kind. Can i get a link to that (just to copy paste it)

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
lol if you even need a spreadsheet its a simple formula

[(target sig radius / explosion radius)*(explosion velocity / target speed)]^Z

Z is the missile's damage reduction factor

nigga crab pollock fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Jul 21, 2016

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

MorsAnima posted:

Aaaand on topic, basically only ever fire fury cruise/torp missiles at shield battleships and capitals.

also same with rage hams except battlecruisers. you probably wont even get full damage on a brick tanked gila

also uh whats up with the missile types, there are no precision hams or torps, they get javelin which is the same as t1 with worse damage values but better range

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

nigga crab pollock posted:

also same with rage hams except battlecruisers. you probably wont even get full damage on a brick tanked gila

also uh whats up with the missile types, there are no precision hams or torps, they get javelin which is the same as t1 with worse damage values but better range

All the "short-range" missiles (rockets, hams, torps) get Rage and Javelin.
All the "long-range" missiles (lmls, hmls, cruises) get Fury and Precision.

Don't forget the clamp function. It's actually a piecewise equation in 3 dimensions :eng101:

MorsAnima posted:

Fairly sure DRF got changed recently, doubt it makes much difference.

It's still around -- they just precalculated the logarithm part of it, so it's a simple fractional exponent, and made it a normal visible attribute.

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
In the beginning...the universe was created. his has been widely regarded as a bad move and has made a lot of people very angry.

FranktheBank posted:

I'm bad and dumb.

I've tried to make it extremely clear in this thread that I'm an idiot and retarded and need stuff explained like I am 5.

MorsAnima
Nov 29, 2010
I just feel completely shit on. These changes won't make a cat in hell's difference.

That's only the final option, it's a min(a,b,c) formula where that = c.

FranktheBank posted:

The bad and dumb kind. Can i get a link to that (just to copy paste it)

50m to Vindico Atris.

ullerrm posted:

It's still around -- they just precalculated the logarithm part of it, so it's a simple fractional exponent, and made it a normal visible attribute.

Is it still variable per missile type? Must be? A single constant across all would have hosed up the damage formula.

MorsAnima fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Jul 21, 2016

MorsAnima
Nov 29, 2010
Skill injectors, activate remotely like plex or not?

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

MorsAnima posted:

I don't think so but I've never tried so I'm probably wrong.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

MorsAnima posted:

Yes, as long as neither you nor your injector are in a citadel

MorsAnima
Nov 29, 2010
Yep worked fine.

Leadership 1 to 5 gone in an instant, felt good.

It's great how alts can afk rat plexes and multiple injectors per month. Training alts isn't such a time-chore now.

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

Otacon posted:

Yes, as long as neither you nor your injector are in a citadel

so you can extract/inject in a citadel now, but you still can't do it remotely if a citadel is involved?

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Jazzzzz posted:

so you can extract/inject in a citadel now, but you still can't do it remotely if a citadel is involved?

I'll leave this question for someone who has actually logged in sometime in the past month. However, the way I thought it worked was that you can't use a citadel for ANYTHING related to injectors/extractors (remote or local) and that extractors can NOT be used remotely from anywhere.

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine

MorsAnima posted:

Is it still variable per missile type? Must be? A single constant across all would have hosed up the damage formula.

I think they just changed the internal function from x^(ln drf/ln y) to x^drf, and for each missile type drf was redefined to ln old_drf/ln y. Since y is a constant for all missile types (5 or something, I don't remember) the end result is unchanged. However you would see the new drf in SDE, pyfa, etc so they had to explain it.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Morris posted:

I think they just changed the internal function from x^(ln drf/ln y) to x^drf, and for each missile type drf was redefined to ln old_drf/ln y. Since y is a constant for all missile types (5 or something, I don't remember) the end result is unchanged. However you would see the new drf in SDE, pyfa, etc so they had to explain it.

Correct. It's kinda like how the tracking equation didn't change, they just adjusted all target sig resolutions to 40km and then tweaked all turrets' tracking to match.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
why don't the missiles blow up in front of the ship, causing double the damage?

or a better question, shouldn't the explosion be traveling at the same speed of the missile which is traveling at the same speed or greater to the target making velocity pointless?

eve is really dumb

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

Otacon posted:

I'll leave this question for someone who has actually logged in sometime in the past month. However, the way I thought it worked was that you can't use a citadel for ANYTHING related to injectors/extractors (remote or local) and that extractors can NOT be used remotely from anywhere.

they patched in using injectors/extractors in citadels a few weeks ago (can confirm it works) but I haven't tried remotely injecting, ever, so I don't know if that got fixed too

eve is really dumb

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

I'm currently in an Astero on my exploration alt and enjoying it, the covert ops cloak makes getting back with the loot useful, and I've had one or two heartstopping scraps with other people in similar fits in relic sites etc. My question is: what comes next? Do I just perfect the skills for this ship or is there something that I should move up to? I know the Buzzard is well known for exploration, but it seems like with no guns/drones you're a sitting duck if someone finds you in a site. I'd kind of like to be able to fight the occasional solo-er I come across.

Devian666
Aug 20, 2008

Take some advice Chris.

Fun Shoe

why don't the missiles blow up in front of the ship, causing double the damage?

or a better question, shouldn't the explosion be traveling at the same speed of the missile which is traveling at the same speed or greater to the target making velocity pointless?

eve is really dumb

The best thing with a missile boat is to make people/npc chase you for maximum damage.

NtotheTC posted:

I'm currently in an Astero on my exploration alt and enjoying it, the covert ops cloak makes getting back with the loot useful, and I've had one or two heartstopping scraps with other people in similar fits in relic sites etc. My question is: what comes next? Do I just perfect the skills for this ship or is there something that I should move up to? I know the Buzzard is well known for exploration, but it seems like with no guns/drones you're a sitting duck if someone finds you in a site. I'd kind of like to be able to fight the occasional solo-er I come across.

My opinion is that the astero is a great exploration or pick and choose pvp ship. The next step up is the stratios, it has a cov ops cloak and a huge amount of drone firepower. It suits long term exploration and hunting. Stealth bombers are good if you are just looking for fights.

If you are happy moving away from cov ops cloaks t3 destroyers, faction cruisers and similar pvp ships fitted with a probe launcher are great for finding trouble or destroying explorers.

Devian666 fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Jul 21, 2016

somnolence
Sep 29, 2011

NtotheTC posted:

Stratios and T3Cs are the next steps up. Generally you can deploy for longer and actually complete combat sites if you find them in these ships.

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine
Good grief I am awful at solo. So far I've traded 1 Tristan, 3 Incursus, 1 dual MASB Harpy, and 1 dual-prop Taranis for a single Incursus. Granted the Harpy and Taranis were insurance fraud yolos, but I should have taken someone with me in the Harpy. I was camping a conveniently abandoned MC drag bubble when the (entosis) Maller landed, so I started on him when the Corms landed ~15k away. I tried to burn over to them since the Maller and I were doing precisely dick to each other, but in the heat of the moment I forgot that the orbit/approach hotkeys work off the overview and not the selected target. So instead of zipping over to the Cormorants, getting under their guns, and melting them, I ended up orbiting the Maller at 500m with my MWD on, shooting Void at targets 15k away :psyduck: This confused me, I lost track of my tank, and it was over.

If anyone's willing to trade a pre-made ~honor feed duel~ for some advice I'd like to take them up on it.

clam the FUCK down
Dec 20, 2013

Anyone want to send me a Recall offer? I've been out for 6-months. Looking over the offer it seems like a goon could get some cool stuff and I get 7-days to check stuff out and hopefully realize what a bad decision I'm making. Better than me just resubbing.

I don't 100% promise I will resub.

Send to "Chipaya"

I used to play Eve under (Auktabe/Chipaya)

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

somnolence posted:

Stratios and T3Cs are the next steps up. Generally you can deploy for longer and actually complete combat sites if you find them in these ships.

Do you know of a decent fit or a site for checking these out? I had an attempt at making my own, but with zero experience it has a tendency to get into autism-chariot territory very quickly. This is the one I'm least unhappy with:

e: just realised I have zero idea what those combat sites require as well, so this probably won't work.

code:
[Stratios, Exploro-kill]

Damage Control II
1600mm Steel Plates II
Medium Armor Repairer II
Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane II
Drone Damage Amplifier II

10MN Afterburner II
Relic Analyzer II
Data Analyzer II
Faint Epsilon Scoped Warp Scrambler
Fleeting Compact Stasis Webifier

Covert Ops Cloaking Device II
Sisters Core Probe Launcher
Focused Medium Pulse Laser II, Conflagration M

Medium Anti-Explosive Pump I
Medium Trimark Armor Pump I

Infiltrator II x5
Valkyrie II x5
Vespa II x5
Wasp II x5
Berserker II x5

Conflagration M x3
Scorch M x3
Sisters Core Scanner Probe x8

NtotheTC fucked around with this message at 09:46 on Jul 22, 2016

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

NtotheTC posted:

Do you know of a decent fit or a site for checking these out? I had an attempt at making my own, but with zero experience it has a tendency to get into autism-chariot territory very quickly. This is the one I'm least unhappy with:

e: just realised I have zero idea what those combat sites require as well, so this probably won't work.

code:
[Stratios, Exploro-kill]

Damage Control II
1600mm Steel Plates II
Medium Armor Repairer II
Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane II
Drone Damage Amplifier II

10MN Afterburner II
Relic Analyzer II
Data Analyzer II
Faint Epsilon Scoped Warp Scrambler
Fleeting Compact Stasis Webifier

Covert Ops Cloaking Device II
Sisters Core Probe Launcher

Medium Anti-Explosive Pump I

Infiltrator II x5
Valkyrie II x5
Vespa II x5
Wasp II x5
Berserker II x5

Conflagration M x3
Scorch M x3
Sisters Core Scanner Probe x8

Remember, there are now insanely expensive faction analyzer modules who combine both Relic and Data analyzing. So if you have the money, you have a free midslot now.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Libluini posted:

Remember, there are now insanely expensive faction analyzer modules who combine both Relic and Data analyzing. So if you have the money, you have a free midslot now.

Yeah I was toying with those, but it bumps the price from 250m to 600m, and I'm not space-rich enough to fly something like that and not feel the loss. I enjoy getting into scraps because it helps me learn, so I'm probably going to lose ships at some point.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus
Redeemer or Panther?

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Zephyrine posted:

Redeemer or Panther?

For what? Bridging or killing?

MacPac
Jun 2, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Panther so you can roll two large smartbombs to frag pods and cynobombers.

Foe Hammer
Feb 6, 2016

Strategy is for people that don't have Swords! Play devil’s advocate even when you know you’re wrong because a blog where everyone agrees is boring!
what is this I'm hearing about moving to delve? my first thought is missdirection.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Rhymenoserous posted:

For what? Bridging or killing?

Killing.

MacPac posted:

Panther so you can roll two large smartbombs to frag pods and cynobombers.

That sounds dangerously elite pvp.

Deofuta
Jul 7, 2013

The Corps is Mother
The Corps is Father
A redeemer can poo poo out over a thousand dps. A panther can have two heavy neuts, duel prop, a couple different options for scrams/webs, and a very respectable armor tank. Also, selectable damage types. Either choice is pretty prime in a group of blops, are you planning on going in a fleet or solo?

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb

Zephyrine posted:

Redeemer or Panther?

brb putting some guys in horde to awox your shinies

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
I almost authed Catpiss Everdeen back in because some of you dummies have a bunch of HOMMAGE alts with similar spelling.

That is all, have a great day. :)

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
doesnt someone not him own that character

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

doesnt someone not him own that character

Yes he sold it.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Landsknecht posted:

brb putting some guys in horde to awox your shinies

Not muh shinies :stonk:

Edit: actually you can have the jackdaws because I'm not very happy with those.

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

NtotheTC posted:

code:
Stratios Fit

I can't comment on the fit, but I will say that data sites usually suck so you can either dump the data analyzer entirely or better yet carry a mobile depot so you can refit at a safe as needed. o.smium.org is a decent site for looking for fits but there are a ton of poo poo-fits out there (LOOK AT MY OFFICER FIT STRATIOS USING BLASTERS, GUYS)

clam the FUCK down
Dec 20, 2013

Zephyrine posted:

Yes he sold it.

He sold catpiss to buy one of my ratting alts so he could AFKtar his way to riches.

Memories.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Jazzzzz posted:

I can't comment on the fit, but I will say that data sites usually suck so you can either dump the data analyzer entirely or better yet carry a mobile depot so you can refit at a safe as needed. o.smium.org is a decent site for looking for fits but there are a ton of poo poo-fits out there (LOOK AT MY OFFICER FIT STRATIOS USING BLASTERS, GUYS)

The issue is I love the Sleeper Cache sites that use a data analyser as well as the relic, but they're rare enough that your idea of using a mobile depot makes a lot of sense so thanks I'll check that site out, and get a sanity check on anything before I decide to train into it :)

• Locked thread