Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Llab posted:

It seems so obvious who the Corpse is that I keep expecting it to not be Jesus. The Holy Spirit compels you to shoot your fingernails out, I guess.

I thought the same thing the first time I read SBR. But later they explicitly explain how he ended up in America and his head literally has the crown of thorns so there's no room for argument.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Mormonism is canon Christianity in SBR World.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

a cartoon duck posted:

my one wish is for some fundamentalist christian group to learn about Steel Ball Run so they can get mad about that Jesus' body is still on earth and it's giving people satan powers

If I'm not mistaken, most of the concept concerning Jesus coming to America is actually derived from the Book of Mormon.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Koichi: Rohan-sensei, did you live in Morioh town when you were a kid?
Rohan: Yeah, but I don't remember it well, so I've decided to retrace my memories about this town.
Koichi: Rohan-sensei, a ghost appeared!
Rohan: I've seen you somewhere... who the hell are you...!?

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
thanks pal... not like ive read that an entire freakin page ago... geesz louse

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Schwarzwald posted:

If I'm not mistaken, most of the concept concerning Jesus coming to America is actually derived from the Book of Mormon.

Joseph Joesmith (Do not gently caress a baby!)

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

no they will not posted:

thanks pal... not like ive read that an entire freakin page ago... geesz louse

Did you not see the post where Josuke asked me to post the unchanged version in the manga thread? :psyduck:

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I did ask that

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Let me tell you about Homestuck

Fun Shoe

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Did you not see the post where Josuke asked me to post the unchanged version in the manga thread? :psyduck:

Hogama beat you to the punch

Hogama posted:

That's the unaltered translation, for Josuke. (Koichi says "Rohan sensei, yūrei da!")

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
In the second OP, there two sets of hand holding picture frames, the second one is obviously Kira and one of his victims, but what's the first? I'm thinking Reimi and a young Rohan?

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I watched the OP three times looking for what you're talking about and never did so maybe I'm just dumb.

On the flipside, upon inspection I really like how they visualzed what Love Deluxe looks like in Stand Form alongside Cinderella rather than just use Yukako's hair.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Moltrey posted:

I watched the OP three times looking for what you're talking about and never did so maybe I'm just dumb.

On the flipside, upon inspection I really like how they visualzed what Love Deluxe looks like in Stand Form alongside Cinderella rather than just use Yukako's hair.

https://youtu.be/_dD64AQ3bNM?t=45

Maybe it's the sleeve throwing me off.

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

:nono:

Red Metal posted:

Hogama beat you to the punch

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Kurtofan posted:

https://youtu.be/_dD64AQ3bNM?t=45

Maybe it's the sleeve throwing me off.
Oh that! I was looking for literal picture frames. I see that as at first it's an actual couple and then it flashes to Kira's arm who's taken the place of the other partner holding the woman's severed hand.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
gently caress, EmmyOk's post in the anime thread made me think the reason that Aya's hand goes over the line is because she's a Kira casualty

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Also what they're sitting on looks like a gurney in a morgue. I feel like it's supposed to be Aya's salon, but it kinda doesn't

Llab
Dec 28, 2011

PEPSI FOR VG BABE

Raserys posted:

gently caress, EmmyOk's post in the anime thread made me think the reason that Aya's hand goes over the line is because she's a Kira casualty

That's what I thought, yeah. Tomorrow is going to be a great day(here comes our lord and savior, Kira)

Also, are stands still acquired by having a strong fighting spirit in SBR? Lucy's pretty badass and I'm disappointed the spine rejected her, because she's pretty badass. I'm hoping Blackmore is full of poo poo.

standard owl
Jan 9, 2011

EmmyOk posted:

e: Also unless I missed one in the vide compilations, concerning lack of Bowie references in the first four parts so far.

:3:

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

no they will not posted:

that's the power of his stand... shan't spoil it for you

Valentine's Stand 「I'm Too Sexy 」 has the power to give the user 「smouldering good looks 」

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I am very excited to see my girl Reimi and my boy Kira tomorrow

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Josuke is lookin' out for me, though that was likely not why he asked

Feel free to paste any "funny quips" from the anime thread here, too. Thanks.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

here's a jojo best character poll: https://animebracket.com/results/best-jojo-s-bizarre-adventure-character/?group=1

jotaro lost to dio brando by 1 vote. lets see if josuke can avenge his uncle nephew

Condiv fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Jul 22, 2016

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Condiv posted:

here's a jojo best character poll: https://animebracket.com/results/best-jojo-s-bizarre-adventure-character/?group=1

jotaro lost to dio brando by 1 vote. lets see if josuke can avenge his uncle

Gyro vs Johnny is a powerful final match up for block A.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

um

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

gappy is 2 characters in one

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Can't believe Kira is going to lose to one of the worst JoJo's

e: the anime thread saying Part 4 feels like a collection of urban legends when tomorrow's plot is literally just a version of Humans Can Lick Too

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Jul 22, 2016

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

https://twitter.com/ToonamiNews/status/756335032768135169

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Continuing my reading of Part 6.

Jack House Lock is a neat idea for a Stand.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

"If Jolyne's 'string' can create a precise enough image, STONE FREE can become a portable printer!"

:psyduck:

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
If Jolyne was a protagonist today she'd probably use her string to 3D Print some cool poo poo.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Dexie posted:

Continuing my reading of Part 6.

Jack House Lock is a neat idea for a Stand.
I really like that apparently Araki just saw Momento, but also Emporio electrocuting himself over and over because he keeps forgetting is one of the few times I've not been into JoJo gore/violence

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

it's gonna be wild for them when the avalanche of bowie refs start pouring in

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012

Moltrey posted:

Isn't this just referencing the part where Koichi has to pick Yukako's eyes?

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Ekusukariba posted:

Isn't this just referencing the part where Koichi has to pick Yukako's eyes?

It's the same thing it showed for Love Deluxe when Rohan was flipping through Koichi's memories looking at Stands.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

http://jojo-animation.com/story/17.html

Look at that sexy hand

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011
I'm more concerned with Josuke's face

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Who cares about him when KIRA YOSHIKAGE is there.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
I hope david rewrites part 4 so kira gets to live a quiet life

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

can't loving wait!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Who cares about him when KIRA YOSHIKAGE is there.

I am always concerned for josuke and his facial wellbeing