Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

many johnnys posted:

quarantines don't work (see: helldump, lf, original ycs, current hell thread), the only thing that works is gassing the posters

heckthread didnt work because mods kept killing it for no good reason

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I really hope that this time Serafinowicz is in for a good one.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Mordja posted:

Yeah, keep that poo poo quarantined. This thread is for remakes and remake accessories.

I would prefer that as well. I want to be able to discuss lovely reboots and the death of Sony pictures.

je1 healthcare
Sep 29, 2015

BillmasterCozb posted:

heckthread didnt work because mods kept killing it for no good reason

Dapper Dan did nothing wrong

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Dan should a sincere interest in discussion and being corrected and mods were like BAN AND PROBATE FOR 100,0O0 HOURS

OMG JC a Bomb!
Jul 13, 2004

We are the Invisible Spatula. We are the Grilluminati. We eat before and after dinner. We eat forever. And eventually... eventually we will lead them into the dining room.
Whenever I see someone say "I loved the new Ghostbusters!" my brain reacts the same way it does whenever I see someone say "I love Fall Out Boy!"

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

OMG JC a Bomb! posted:

Whenever I see someone say "I loved the new Ghostbusters!" my brain reacts the same way it does whenever I see someone say "I love Fall Out Boy!"

"Dont wanna be MEAAAAN but you're a GOD. drat. FAT. WOMAN."

Dogmeat
Jun 20, 2003

Woof!

Paladinus posted:

I really hope that this time Serafinowicz is in for a good one.

He's a funny dude, his tweets were some the best ones I saw on twitter before Norm McDonald's incessant golf tweeting drove me off.

Hadaka Apron
Feb 12, 2015
Meanwhile, FluffieDuckie hands out weeklong probations in BYOB for using the word "bitch".

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
I only know The Tick from the cartoon, but shouldn't he be massive?

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Sunswipe posted:

Yeah. The first TV series and cartoon did a excellent job that is going to be hard to top. The suit in the live action version was a massive poo poo house of plastic that looked insane good (with stage hand remote controlled antennas).

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

OMG JC a Bomb! posted:

But Milhouse was great as him.

Dogmeat
Jun 20, 2003

Woof!

Sunswipe posted:

Peter Serafinowicz isn't super cut but he's a pretty large dude. But as I type that out I realize I think I've only ever seen him act opposite Simon Pegg so that could be just a trick of the camera. He seemed to tower over the fat guy, too.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time

Crowsbeak posted:

But Milhouse was great as him.

Jiminy jillikers! Mickey Rooney played Fallout Boy!

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Internaut! posted:

guys listen up, if you think twitter applies their rules preferentially based on political leanings, you are "alt right" according to noted something awful sadbrains crows beak because I guess thats quicker than typing "boogeyman"

they should do that tho. it'd be cool if all media worked that way so that people weren't slammed with half-truths and myths and actually got informed about things.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Comic Tick is still best

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Dogmeat posted:

Peter Serafinowicz isn't super cut but he's a pretty large dude. But as I type that out I realize I think I've only ever seen him act opposite Simon Pegg so that could be just a trick of the camera. He seemed to tower over the fat guy, too.

You, and many other people, should take the time to watch The Peter Serafinowicz show. It's really funny!

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
With some clever prosthetics and camera angles, everything is possible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SS6T4X6-ec

E: He's actually almost 2 metre tall.

Paladinus fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Jul 22, 2016

Dogmeat
Jun 20, 2003

Woof!

VideoGames posted:

You, and many other people, should take the time to watch The Peter Serafinowicz show. It's really funny!

I've seen a bit but not nearly enough. He does like every character though, so it's hard to gauge how tall he really is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQr8WzY5zUk

This one slays me every time.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Dogmeat posted:

I've seen a bit but not nearly enough. He does like every character though, so it's hard to gauge how tall he really is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQr8WzY5zUk

This one slays me every time.

Audio only (presume the uploader made the video), but one of my favorites: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQXQLJbk_Hw

Quick Google says he's 6'3", but he's never been a particularly muscular chap. I hope they're going with a decent muscle suit.

e: Ah for fucks sake, that video cut off half the loving skit. It's from his Radio 6 show: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQBdLse429c&t=240s

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
Tempted to get Papa Johns tonight to support destroying feminism.

Paladinus posted:

With some clever prosthetics and camera angles, everything is possible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SS6T4X6-ec

E: He's actually almost 2 metre tall.

sweet jesus its Jabba the Hutt

E:
Oh they literally made him into a hutt :smith:

I thought that was supposed to be some morbidly gout infected foot at first.

Microwaves Mom fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Jul 22, 2016

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

jesus christ if you're mad that milo got permabanned then gently caress off

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
GO SEE THE NEW GHOSTBUSTERS BECAUSE IT MATTERS

On Ghostbusters:

I have to say something, I have to, because for the first time in my life I felt something that I had never felt before. I sat in that theatre and though I've been watching movies my entire life I saw and felt something completely new.

It started about an hour in when it really began to sink in that I was watching women being funny, quirky, hysterical even, but not cute. Just hilarious.

Then I noticed that they weren't talking about guys. Not much, a bit here and there, a little joke about Chris Hemsworth peppered in like seasoning, but it wasn't hours of 4 women fighting over him or trying to figure out why they weren't married yet.

And then, the fight sequence at the end. Kate McKinnon just... I sat there gaping. She was a superhero, WITHOUT BEING SEXUALIZED. She was a woman in coveralls and combat boots with no cleavage or hourglass figure in sight kicking butt and it was so awesome and amazing and for the first time in almost 30 years I saw a woman doing something epic without also being sexy at the same time.

When action sequences always sexualize women, women grow up learning that the things they do are only important if they look good doing them.

I'm almost 30 and last night was the first time I saw a movie where a woman did a thing and was funny without crying into a pint of ice cream and was a warrior without being a pin-up and all I could think was... I really didn't know that was an option.

I really didn't know you could save the world without looking like you're trying to pose for Sports Illustrated's Swimsuit Edition at the same time. I have never, in 30 years, seen a major movie that didn't reinforce the message that how I look is more important than what I do.

30 years is way too long.

And that's why it matters.

Go see Ghostbusters. Love it, hate it, I don't care. Go see Ghostbusters. It matters.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

guess she missed fury road :shrug:

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!
SLIMER: "No man can defeat me."

LADY EGON: "I am no man."

*rips off helmet*

*stabs slimer in face with proton gun*

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois
Good job guys, we did it. Capitalism has been destroyed. Take that, toxic patriarchy.

https://archive.is/9U7nm
Another epic win for feminism.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Al Cowens posted:

Good job guys, we did it. Capitalism has been destroyed. Take that, toxic patriarchy. Another big win for feminism.

loving FINALLY

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Milky Moor posted:

guess she missed fury road :shrug:
and aliens and terminator and

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

ANIME IS BLOOD posted:

no you idiot those films are OLD and DON'T COUNT

i guess she didn't see the force awakens or edge of tomorrow or...

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

Cowman posted:

jesus christ if you're mad that milo got permabanned then gently caress off

I'm not mad /pol/'s hero got banned, I'm mad that people think was because he did anything but annoy a celebrity in a high profile way. Semi famous or connected people who lend twitter legitimacy are allowed to threaten weird twitter people and rando women with rape/death threats. Gays and atheists are doxxed in the middle east with the knowledge it will lead to their deaths, and Twitter refuses to do anything. Twitter only goal is protect celebrities/ViPs from hurt feelings so they can switch their service as a means for advertisement for products, services, and brands.

If Milo had actually done what they accused him of, and it was to a non celebrity...he wouldn't have even had to delete his tweets.

Al Cowens posted:

Good job guys, we did it. Capitalism has been destroyed. Take that, toxic patriarchy.

Dooming Sony Pictures to bankruptcy while a decent blow, doesn't end the fight.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

I dont think american liberals even know what being left wing means anymore

Setzer Gabbiani
Oct 13, 2004

ANIME IS BLOOD posted:

I remember someone in CD bitching about how maya from zero dark thirty didn't qualify as a strong female character either because she cried sometimes, along with how anyone involved with the war on terror is automatically a negative female role-model and can never be considered strong

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Al Cowens posted:

Is it just me, or is this article straight up word salad?

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

Setzer Gabbiani posted:

I remember someone in CD bitching about how maya from zero dark thirty didn't qualify as a strong female character either because she cried sometimes, along with how anyone involved with the war on terror is automatically a negative female role-model and can never be considered strong

These are the same people who think a woman losing a fight earlier in a movie or trilogy, before winning the inevitable rematch in the third act, is "poor storytelling" instead of the basic how to, in creating tension.

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

XK posted:

Is it just me, or is this article straight up word salad?
cavemens rights ugh goo goo ghostbusters feminism happy we (all) men bad goodbusters doublegoodgood capitalismt lost profits destroyed victory

goober gappers weak woman stronk

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Some idiot girl is going to believe these movies about women physically overpowering a man, and is going to get her poo poo wrecked 10 years from now

Like Rey from Star Wars at least has the force but there's no way Furiosa beats Max or any of the war boyz in hand to hand combat come on, she's even a cripple ffs

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

Don Tacorleone posted:

Some idiot girl is going to believe these movies about women physically overpowering a man, and is going to get her poo poo wrecked 10 years from now

Like Rey from Star Wars at least has the force but there's no way Furiosa beats Max or any of the war boyz in hand to hand combat come on, she's even a cripple ffs
this is why ronda rousey should be in more movies imo

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

quote:

Go see Ghostbusters. Love it, hate it, I don't care. Go see Ghostbusters. It matters.

Whoever wrote this has never really seen or done anything, Jesus Christ.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Milky Moor posted:

And then, the fight sequence at the end. Kate McKinnon just... I sat there gaping. She was a superhero, WITHOUT BEING SEXUALIZED. She was a woman in coveralls and combat boots with no cleavage or hourglass figure in sight kicking butt and it was so awesome and amazing and for the first time in almost 30 years I saw a woman doing something epic without also being sexy at the same time.

Didn't she lick the guns in an overtly sexual manner? Good lord, whoever wrote this might not have properly watched the film.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

VideoGames posted:

Didn't she lick the guns in an overtly sexual manner? Good lord, whoever wrote this might not have properly watched the film.

yeah, i think it's even in one of the trailers

i wonder what the subtext of a lesbian character licking a phallic symbol is but that's too hard to think about

• Locked thread