Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

1redflag posted:

#livealittle
#you'reworthit

#yodo

you only die once! (unless you're a freak who keeps getting resuscitated after lightning or drowning or something)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Platystemon posted:

I don’t get it. What’s holding the piano wire?

Bread clips.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

AlbieQuirky posted:

Same except opposite. Sponge is for dishes, brush is for glasses and mugs. Easier to sterilize the sponge, though. If someone knows a brush that can go through the dishwasher, I'd love to know about it!

All dish brushes I've ever seen/tried can go through the dishwasher. Of course a brush doesn't need to be "sterilized" to the same extent as a sponge since the plastic bristles don't exactly soak up poo poo.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Jerry Cotton posted:

All dish brushes I've ever seen/tried can go through the dishwasher. Of course a brush doesn't need to be "sterilized" to the same extent as a sponge since the plastic bristles don't exactly soak up poo poo.

That's a toilet brush.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Rysithusiku posted:

Bit late on the suicide chat, but I was informed of the best method and it's now my standing plan.
1: Find tall building with roof access in busy area. Think downtown.
2: Measure rope to approximately building height - your height - 7 feet.
3: String piano wire on roof. Or better yet, some sort of high speed cutting machine. As long as it's thin.
4: Tie rope around feet. Put superglue on hands.
5: Attach glued hands to head underneath/around the cutting surface.
6: Throw self off building, neck to cutter.

If properly executed this should cleanly slice off your head, send you hurtling off the building, and stop you at the perfect height for your detached head, now in your outstretched arms, to be at some poor bastard's eye level. Maybe even still blinking or whatever.

Classic comedy.

I hear this dumb joke repeated from a completely different source every year or so and kinda wonder where it originated. Some comedian? Anarchist's Cookbook? Someone actually did this? what's the deal here?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

The Moon Monster posted:

I hear this dumb joke repeated from a completely different source every year or so and kinda wonder where it originated. Some comedian? Anarchist's Cookbook? Someone actually did this? what's the deal here?

*slap bass* What's the deal with gimmick suicides?

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

The Moon Monster posted:

Like every funny thing on the internet it started on bash

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
My exit plan involves an industrial strength trebuchet with shearing edges, some distance, and the estate of someone who I feel needs a lengthy criminal investigation to take time off of whatever stupid bullshit they'd normally be up to. Petty? Yes. Hilarious? Yes, that too.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

My suicide plan is to wait it out. People will think I died of natural causes :mmmhmm:

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
My suicide plan involves living a long, natural life and enjoying it to the fullest because I have people around me that care about me and I wouldn't want to hurt them by taking my own life.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Lady Naga posted:

My suicide plan involves living a long, natural life and enjoying it to the fullest because I have people around me that care about me and I wouldn't want to hurt them by taking my own life.

loving copy-cat self-killer.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Jerry Cotton posted:

loving copy-cat self-killer.

The joke's on you because by the time you're able to sue I'll already be dead.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QBq-LacdSs
http://www.bottlecutting.com/
At least they give you a full kit right? :shrug:

Or don't,
purposely cut your mouth open and bleed to death on the floor like a animal.
Was it suicide or just #lifehax?

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
That's like trying to call a pet rock an animal hack. Hippies have been making dumb glasses with a glass scorer for time immemorial.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Croccers posted:

Or don't,

#vidhax: Find out in the editing studio that you don't have enough footage of either the device you want to show off or the method you want to pretend to show off to fill up a video? Show the same poo poo three times to eat away at your audience's limited time without needing to do expensive reshoots!

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

I MAKE BAD POSTING DECISIONS

Croccers posted:

Or don't,

What's funny to me is that this thing is a redux of something that was done in the 70s. My hippie uncle had one. :420:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhrHnhMGWEc

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug

Croccers posted:

Or don't,

wanna breathe in those sanded glass particles

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

As a bird owner I assure you dishwasher-safe keyboards are THE BEST

Bird slavery is wrong.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

evobatman posted:

wanna breathe in drink down those sanded glass particles

Good for digestion.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Do y'all not wash your glassware before using?

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

zedprime posted:

Hippies have been making dumb glasses with a glass scorer for time immemorial.

Yeah, but hippies didn't spend $50 on the gadget to do it.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Karma Monkey posted:

What's funny to me is that this thing is a redux of something that was done in the 70s. My hippie uncle had one. :420:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhrHnhMGWEc

Facebook Aunt posted:

Yeah, but hippies didn't spend $50 on the gadget to do it.

According to an inflation adjust I found online, $7.77 wasn't that far off from what $50 is today. So I guess they did.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 8 minutes!
Hippies were idiots, though. That's why we call modern idiots hipsters.

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

I MAKE BAD POSTING DECISIONS

SpacePig posted:

According to an inflation adjust I found online, $7.77 wasn't that far off from what $50 is today. So I guess they did.

But did you even listen to the commercial? It's THE GREATEST GIFT YOU WILL EVER GIVE! $50 is a bargain! I also like how each member of the family has their own because gently caress you I'm not sharing mine with anyone.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
The real life hack is if you go to enough thrift shops, flea markets, or estate sales you can probably get a Ronco one for $5.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer

zedprime posted:

That's like trying to call a pet rock an animal hack. Hippies have been making dumb glasses with a glass scorer for time immemorial.

Yea, my hippy landlord does this all the time, but he makes wind chimes out of them.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

I'd rather just drink out of the bottle then return it to the recycling depot and get my 10 cents back.

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Id rather smash it over my head, take a poo poo, rub it all over myself, throw poo poo at the crowd, and then roll around in the glass and poo poo on the floor.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

stay safe GG Allin ghost

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

amityville anus posted:

Id rather smash it over my head, take a poo poo, rub it all over myself, throw poo poo at the crowd, and then roll around in the glass and poo poo on the floor.

ah the juggalo method.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

My Lovely Horse posted:

stay safe GG Allin ghost

Thank you! I spent hours brainfarting over this.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

zedprime posted:

The real life hack is if you go to enough thrift shops, flea markets, or estate sales you can probably get a Ronco one for $5.

Speaking of thrift stores and tag sales, I can't believe something like that exists when glassware is like a buck a pop at any given thrift store or probably even less at the average tag sale.

Lifehack: save money by buying lightly used, professionally manufactured things instead of making your own items that leave you looking like Heath Ledger's Joker.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Have you IT WILL CUT YOUR HEAD CLEAN IN TWAIN people ever heard of loving sandpaper?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

It's a bit painful but you get used to it :downsrim:

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
Honestly, "buy stuff secondhand" is probably the granddaddy of all lifehacks. If there's anything I need, the Good Will by me is the first place I look. Excluding underwear and hygiene stuff, of course, though I have scored a couple bottles of really nice perfume with like, one spritz missing. Just find a nice store and check it regularly, you'll be amazed what you find.

My greatest hits:

Le Creuset cast iron skillet: $5

Wacom tablet: $10

Yves St. Laurent sweater dress: $2

Set of rad 70's sci-fi looking cocktail glasses: $4

Solid cherrywood dresser: $40

Dior sunglasses: $5

$400 Rebecca Minkoff bag: $5

$600 Cole Haan bag: $5

In short, I can look (and smell) like I have far more money than I actually do, it's pretty neat. I honestly can't remember what I did for stuff before I moved into a neighborhood with a Good Will around the corner.

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Crow Jane posted:

Honestly, "buy stuff secondhand" is probably the granddaddy of all lifehacks. If there's anything I need, the Good Will by me is the first place I look.

I did some community service at the local Goodwill and it completely ruined any goodwill I had for the place.

Anything that is even remotely nice is put on a special shelf in the back room. It is never made available to the local poor people. Instead it is sold on the Goodwill website for about 5-10% below the retail price of a similar NEW item.

Any clothes that are out of season are immediately thrown away or sold to upcyclers who will knit them into a $75 pair of mittens to be sold on Etsy. Any electronics that they don't think will move quickly have the cords cut off. All of this poo poo gets compacted. If you do get caught dumpster diving there you will be prosecuted. They don't want any of that poo poo but you sure as hell can't have it either. gently caress Goodwill forever.

Any good finds are simply a result of the sorters' ignorance, they should have put those expensive handbags and designer scents on the special internet shelf.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

I hear about great finds at Goodwill but every one I've actually been to has been nothing but clothing priced higher than it was new and SUPER expensive furniture and electronics.

The last time I went to the one nearest me they had an SNES (no box, console and cables only) in a display case for $299.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
I have heard stuff like that, and yeah, it sucks. The one by me is a "Surplus Store", maybe that makes a difference? Either way, the ladies who work there seemingly didn't get the memo, and I'm not going to look a gift horse in the mouth.

Rysithusiku
Nov 10, 2013

Witness the assless man and despair!
All futures point to a world of filled holes.
The reason Goodwill acts so shady is that Goodwill is a for-profit company. Look it up some time.
If you're gonna donate something yourself, give it to an actual charity, not those asshats.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Rysithusiku posted:

The reason Goodwill acts so shady is that Goodwill is a for-profit company. Look it up some time.
If you're gonna donate something yourself, give it to an actual charity, not those asshats.

This is internet bullshit and is debunked every time it does the clickbait rounds on Facebook. The stores function in order to turn a profit, yeah, but that's because they need to actually have money to spend on the charity programs that are the reasons they exist.