Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

loving Civil Wars made Hellcat the most depressing thing I read this week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

SynthOrange posted:

loving Civil Wars made Hellcat the most depressing thing I read this week.

Yeah, was a bit poo poo.

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

Die Laughing posted:

Good luck! I'd love a fourtieth anniversary of Howard running for president, but Chip told me he doesn't want to recycle old stories. She Hulk would be his Vice President if it did happen though.

Howard the Duck vs Loki is the presidential ballot the American people deserve

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

X-O posted:

It's also really, really cancelled.

Well, it's Howard the Duck, what did you expect? He gets cancelled every other year.

trashbuilder
Dec 26, 2013

Look at all the poor opinions I have
It didn't get cancelled Chip ended it. He said he has done all the stories he wants and is real restless with it, so rather than do mediocre stories he wasn't super interested in he moved on to something new. He talked about it on twitter I believe.

Marvel wasn't like KILL HOWARD he was like I'm done, in fact I think they wanted another trade out of him because Howard does really well trade and digital, based on a conversation I had with him

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I'm shocked they didn't just see if North or Leth wanted to write it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Gaz-L posted:

I'm shocked they didn't just see if North or Leth wanted to write it.

The current status quo at Marvel is to relaunch with a new #1 for a new creative team. Howard will no doubt have a new book by the end of the year.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Yeah, was a bit poo poo.

The hell? That's the best CW2 tie in so far.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.
It'd probably be more of an impact if it wasn't trying to sell me on She-Hulk being in for realsies danger, there are many characters you can imperil with the threat of death and disability none of the Hulks are on that list.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

So, since Contest of Champions is over, that means that Ewing can write an Exiles book now, right? Right?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

twistedmentat posted:

And I'm not even sure SynthOrange was suggesting they disliked it in the original post, just that it was, well, depressing, which it was at points.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

SirDan3k posted:

It'd probably be more of an impact if it wasn't trying to sell me on She-Hulk being in for realsies danger, there are many characters you can imperil with the threat of death and disability none of the Hulks are on that list.

Yeah, killing off She-Hulk by keeping her in a coma for an indefinite time seems kinda lame. If they had planned to seriously hurt her, she'd have died right there on the battlefield in a dramatic fashion. I know this is just meta thinking, but come on. The status quo wont be "And Walters has been in a coma for the past 20 months.".
I am not really interested in this whole CW2 business and I feel like it's making everything it touches worse. And this comic doesn't even really involve CW2. It's just that something bad happened to Jessica recently.

But once you look past the reason for She-Hulks state and ignore the fact that it's temporary, the latest Hellcat was kinda sweet. Those women are good friends and kinda cute together and of course it is terrible if something suddenly tears such a relationship apart. So it was depressing.

On a more positive note, Jubilee is around now.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
That's how I see it in generally; Patsy has no connection to what's going on but her BFF is really hurt becuase of it, and she doesn't care about Ulysses or Tony and Carol's penis measuring contest, just wants her best friend back so they can eat huge pizza's again.

I didn't see that Dazzler was going to be the emotional core of A-force, but drat, that issue made me misty eyed at the end, and Medusa dropping her Queenly facade to embrace a friend. Though Alison picking up Daz-Thor's hammer was kickass.

I sill have to get around to reading Ultimates though.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Huh, I just realized She-Hulk is still alive and not even dehulked probably to be the surprise smash everybody Hulk Ulysses saw so hopped up on rage over Bruce's death that she goes full on not even resembling herself anymore Hulked out.

Or Sampson hypnotized Ulysses and it was never gonna happen, one or the other.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company
Took me a bit to get the finale of Contest of Champions.

I think the last time I was this mad about a comic getting cut down so quickly was Matt Fraction's The Order. God drat was that an excellent book. Not a good book considering it was a mobile video game tie-in - just a drat good book, period.

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro
I remember reading the first two issues when it came out and dropping it for being boring, did it get a lot better?

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

twistedmentat posted:

I just don't give a poo poo about CW2.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I really loved Deadpool & The Mercs for Money this week with the reintroduction of Negasonic Teenage Warhead and how they showcased her powers taking out the team before Deadpool just calmly talked her down.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

X-O posted:

I really loved Deadpool & The Mercs for Money this week with the reintroduction of Negasonic Teenage Warhead and how they showcased her powers taking out the team before Deadpool just calmly talked her down.

Does she have her movie powers now?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Nope. Same powers as before. They did it in a way where she saw every attack before it happened so she could counter. She had built herself a false life it seems to hide away before they found her.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

In A-Force, was Nico's line to Dazzler about coming back a reference to the fact that (for unclear reasons) she can't die? That's one of those things I assumed had slipped into non-canon ancient detail territory.

E: I guess I'm not really asking, I assume it was. I'm just really surprised to see it turn up.

NmareBfly fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Jul 22, 2016

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
She literally came back from the dead like 3 issues ago.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

twistedmentat posted:

I wouldn't go so far as to say that but yeah it was real good.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Its super dumb and not what I'm buying Hellcat for. Ugh there's been enough misfires already without a lovely crossover story sooo I think that might be it between me and that book.

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro
Apart from that one atrocious issue with the guest artist what else has been wrong with Hellcat? I've really enjoyed it so far.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

That atrocious filler issue is so loving bad though. I dunno how you do a bad Arcade story but, there you are.

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro
Yeah I literally couldn't get through it.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Toxxupation posted:

I dunno how you do a bad Arcade story but, there you are.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

This cover always make me yearn for the Avengers in Suits series we'll never get.

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro
Wait is that Battle Royale with Arcade?

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

twistedmentat posted:

I'm sorry, but unless the Captain popped up in Hellcat too, that is factually incorrect.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

JoshTheStampede posted:

Wait is that Battle Royale with Arcade?

Yes, but it's okay because they lampshade it which means it's not a rip off!

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

JoshTheStampede posted:

I remember reading the first two issues when it came out and dropping it for being boring, did it get a lot better?

Yes.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

All Arcade stories are bad Arcade stories.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Lying is bad.

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

The seagull is essential.
Just further to the Shulkie-isn't-gonna-die obviousness, she's gonna feature in The Fallen:

quote:

"The Hulk family -- including Amadeus, Rick, Jen, Skaar, Betty, Ross, and the Warbound -- are the folks who knew Banner the best -- and each will respond to his death in his or her own way," Pak said of "The Fallen." "And yes, they're a family, so we'll see them grapple with all of this together, for better or for worse."

Hard to respond to the death of your cousin if you're non-responsive! Unless her way is by continuing to be comatose I suppose.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/civil-war-ii-the-fallen-the-accused-covers-creative-teams-unveiled

This reminds me though, the US Avengers cover reveal really undercut the tension of Toni and POD getting attacked by The Maker and his Revengers, since we know they'll be in the next team. (How dare you interrupt the lovely gay moment Maker! :argh: )

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
There's also the preview out of Captain Marvel debriefing her by saying "Bruce Banner is dead" and Jen somehow forgetting that she knew Bruce lost his powers as The Hulk

God Civil War 2 is definitely living up to the reputation of its predecessor.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
The worst thing about CW2 is even when you're trying to ignore it and just get on with the books you like, you still get at least five pages in each one introducing loving Ulysees and his dumb powers and OH MY loving GOD SHUT UP I DON'T CARE MARVEL.

Add me to the list of those bummed about Contest of Champions but at least Outlaw got to be awesome in the best way, and we've got Ares back out of it. I mean, seriously, the bit where Higgins straight up tells Frank the score and why he's given it all up was just lovely.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Sentinel Red posted:

The worst thing about CW2 is even when you're trying to ignore it and just get on with the books you like, you still get at least five pages in each one introducing loving Ulysees and his dumb powers and OH MY loving GOD SHUT UP I DON'T CARE MARVEL.

Add me to the list of those bummed about Contest of Champions but at least Outlaw got to be awesome in the best way, and we've got Ares back out of it. I mean, seriously, the bit where Higgins straight up tells Frank the score and why he's given it all up was just lovely.

Do you care about the Inhumans yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
What ever happened to remote controlled sociopath alternate Bruce?

• Locked thread