Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:

PiCroft posted:

Seems it might not be Islamist related:
It absolutely is not. There's a video last page of a bavarian gently caress arguing with one of the shooters:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3439500&pagenumber=220&perpage=40#post462379243

I posted a rough transcript here:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3439500&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=222#post462381889

Here's another translation which got some of the lines i didn't get, and missed some of the lines i got:

http://pastebin.com/QE9RviaS

Mithaldu fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Jul 22, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

CNN just told me that one of the shooters was killing children while yelling ALLAHU AKBAR though.

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

If that video with the angry old fart is authentic it's def not muslims.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

And the other shooter looked like the stereotypical goon. I'm having trouble believing this is IS-orchestrated.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

aphid_licker posted:

If that video with the angry old fart is authentic it's def not muslims.

I'll be so mad if it turns out that it's actually an excerpt from Lindenstrasse.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
CNN is on here at work and they're straight up running with it being IS/islamist related.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Gimmick Account posted:

Ich bin so froh, dass dir nichts passiert ist... Irgendwie hat man nach einer Weile halt doch das subjektive Gefühl, die Leute hier ein bisschen zu kennen, wenn man ein paar Jahre lang die selben Gesprächsthemen verfolgt. Und nach deiner ersten Meldung hat's mich anfangs etwas gerissen. :(

Danke. :)

Bin jetzt auch so langsam fertig mit Telefon und Whats App. Sogar mein Projektleiter hat mich angerufen.

az
Dec 2, 2005

fknlo posted:

CNN is on here at work and they're straight up running with it being IS/islamist related.

The network of :wow:

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

Strange feeling to check FB to see whether my Munich-based buds are okay. They are, thank God. This poo poo sucks :(

fknlo posted:

What's their reasoning (if they even have one)?

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

Danke. :)

Bin jetzt auch so langsam fertig mit Telefon und Whats App. Sogar mein Projektleiter hat mich angerufen.

Ich hab auch schon mehrere Anfragen bekommen ob ich in Sicherheit bin. Ich wohn eine Dreiviertelstunde von München entfernt :v:

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

System Metternich posted:

They've been getting into Fox News territory since last year, so there isn't one.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

fknlo posted:

CNN just told me that one of the shooters was killing children while yelling ALLAHU AKBAR though.

Isn't CNN American, though? I wouldn't trust an American news source if it tells me the sky is blue.

In all seriousness, how the hell do they know if even Süddeutsche is going "We don't know any details yet" on most of this?

Also seven dead now. :(

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Yikes, when did GBS get straight up nazi? Their thread on this is sure something.

e: Facebook's special "I'm ok!" feature for terrorist attacks / mass shootings is the kind of thing that back in the 90s I would've considered ridiculously over-the-top in a cyberpunk dystopia comic book / action movie.

aphid_licker fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Jul 22, 2016

az
Dec 2, 2005

aphid_licker posted:

Yikes, when did GBS get straight up nazi? Their thread on this is sure something.

GBS has been inundated with alt right shitlords for a year at least.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

aphid_licker posted:

years ago

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Mithaldu posted:

It absolutely is not. There's a video last page of a bavarian gently caress arguing with one of the shooters:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3439500&pagenumber=220&perpage=40#post462379243

I posted a rough transcript here:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3439500&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=222#post462381889

Here's another translation which got some of the lines i didn't get, and missed some of the lines i got:

http://pastebin.com/QE9RviaS

Man, sure was good of that guy to be talking poo poo to the guy who looked like he was going to go on a rampage. I'm sure that definitely defused the situation.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

aphid_licker posted:

When admins ended the pun-loving, rss feed it became. Surprise!

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this
"Wireless fun-adaptor" you were speaking of.

aphid_licker posted:

since they turned GBS into a store-brand discount /b for upcoming cool shitposters

az
Dec 2, 2005

Never seen more calls for genocide than in the original 911 thread 15 years ago, so there's still room for catching up to do.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
CNN once again confirmed to be poo poo. (CNN International is still acceptable, though. It's always jarring when their feed gets broadcasts from CNN America.)

botany posted:

years ago
The lid came off once Lowtax decided GBS would be better with relaxed rules.

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

Nitrousoxide posted:

Man, sure was good of that guy to be talking poo poo to the guy who looked like he was going to go on a rampage. I'm sure that definitely defused the situation.

Pretty sure the rampage had already happened at that point, so you could argue that every second spent throwing insults at the old guy from the video was a second where he wasn't shooting at other people

The old guy from the video must have balls the size of watermelons btw to talk to an armed spree shooter like that, holy poo poo

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Ich hab auch schon mehrere Anfragen bekommen ob ich in Sicherheit bin. Ich wohn eine Dreiviertelstunde von München entfernt :v:
Friend of mine works in Munich but lives about as far away. I'm very deliberately not trying to contact them because probability is on their side, but they sometimes take days to reply to texts as it is and if I sent one now and didn't get a reply right away, that's when I'd start worrying. :v:

About all I do hope for is that they made it out before everything went on lockdown and aren't stuck in Munich for the night now.

ABen
Jul 11, 2008

Look - we need to have a stiff upper lip about this Black Death business.

The old guy from the video must have balls the size of watermelons btw to talk to an armed spree shooter like that, holy poo poo

Old rear end Bavarian dudes ain't nothing to gently caress with. They're still impossible to understand, though.

source: I buy beer from one regularly.

tsa
Feb 3, 2014

Strange feeling to check FB to see whether my Munich-based buds are okay. They are, thank God. This poo poo sucks :(

Statistics I'd imagine.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Holy drat, the GBS thread is some bullshit, but at least riso may have a friend in there, since apparently this dude isn't white:

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax
https://twitter.com/SZ_Muenchen/status/756575636068634624

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

From the news:

Police also says, likely not islam.

Police is searching the entire loving city area.

"Süddeutsche Zeitung" und die "Münchner Abendzeitung" claim minimum 7 dead.

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

Mithaldu posted:

Holy drat, the GBS thread is some bullshit, but at least riso may have a friend in there, since apparently this dude isn't white:

All real Germans are blond und blauäugig, he must therefore be one of those evil Südländer.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

Mithaldu posted:

From the news:

Police also says, likely not islam.

Police is searching the entire loving city area.

"Süddeutsche Zeitung" und die "Münchner Abendzeitung" claim minimum 7 dead.

one person just died in the hospital, i think that's where the number comes from

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Apparently it's confirmed one of the shooters killed himself? Do we have any information on their identity?

How good is the information that it's three shooters, anyway? I just wanna believe it's just the one guy and he offed himself already.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

a nazi posted:

It's a good thing the left has anders brevik or whatever his name is to reflexively point to, or they would have to invent him

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx
Lols, you people trying to tie a noose around my neck for assuming it was Islamists when even the police assumed it was after the poo poo that happened lately.

Meanwhile I am concerned by the fact the perpetrator(s) managed to escape and they have no idea where to.

Edit: Meanwhile, on CNN

quote:

Witness: Gunman shot at children

A woman named Loretta told CNN she was in a McDonald's across the street from the mall when a man with a gun came out of a bathroom and began shooting.

"I come out of the toilet and I hear like an alarm, boom, boom, boom," she told CNN's Dugald McConnell. "He's killing the children (...) The children were sitting to eat. They can't run."

Loretta said the gunman was right behind her but had his back to her. She said her 8-year-old son had been in the bathroom with the shooter, whom she described as heavyset and wearing dark clothing. She said the man yelled "Allahu akbar!"

The woman said she took her children, ran from the McDonald's and went across to the street to the mall.

Riso fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Jul 22, 2016

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Mithaldu posted:

That's the same guy as the McDonald's shooter. Same backpack, same shirt

Jygallax
Oct 17, 2011

Every human being deserves respect. Even if if they are a little different.

a cartoon duck posted:

Apparently it's confirmed one of the shooters killed himself? Do we have any information on their identity?

How good is the information that it's three shooters, anyway? I just wanna believe it's just the one guy and he offed himself already.

This is apparently the latest:

* Unknown number of shooters, between 1 and 3.

* At least 2 shooters can be assumed based on the videos of a shooter outside a McDonalds, and one of the roof of a carpark.

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

a cartoon duck posted:

The police (or better said the Innenminister) said they think "minimum one shooter". It might be three, but they changed from "minimum three" to that.

ABen
Jul 11, 2008

Look - we need to have a stiff upper lip about this Black Death business.

Riso posted:

Lols, you people trying to tie a noose around my neck for assuming it was Islamists when even the police assumed it was after the poo poo that happened lately.

Meanwhile I am concerned by the fact the perpetrator(s) managed to escape and they have no idea where to.

Wait, when did the police even speculate about the background? Source?

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

Riso posted:

the police did not do that, in fact. that was just you, because you are a nazi.

Jygallax posted:

* At least 2 shooters can be assumed based on the videos of a shooter outside a McDonalds, and one of the roof of a carpark.

those were the same guy

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

a cartoon duck posted:

Police have said "up to three" repeatedly. No confirmation on one of them offing themselves yet.

Riso posted:

Show me where the police did that because I've been following along all evening and don't remember that.

az
Dec 2, 2005

ABen posted:

Source?

His clenched butt, paralyzed by fear and yearning for somebody to finally invite him to the race war.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx

ABen posted:

Wait, when did the police even speculate about the background? Source?

Police speaker mentioned it as worst case assumption they used in the press conference.
Source: N24.