Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

All they said is that they couldn't rule out an Islamist terror attack at the time. That's a far cry from saying that it's probable or even likely to be an Islamist terrorist attack.

edit: meant probable instead of possible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Riso posted:

Police speaker mentioned it as worst case assumption they used in the press conference.
"Worst case assumption" implies a lot less certainty than you implied in your post, but intellectual dishonesty is nothing new from you trying to make things fit into your argument.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

a cartoon duck posted:

Apparently it's confirmed one of the shooters killed himself? Do we have any information on their identity?

That bit was explicitly not confirmed by the police: http://www.zeit.de/gesellschaft/zeitgeschehen/2016-07/muenchen-schuesse-live#!top-of-overscroll?liveblog.item.id=77%23livedesk-root

Perestroika fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Jul 22, 2016

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Riso posted:

Lols, you people trying to tie a noose around my neck for assuming it was Islamists

It's not because of that, many people assume(d) it was islamists. It's because you're a racist who wants to deport all immigrants.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Riso posted:

Lols, you people trying to tie a noose around my neck for assuming it was Islamists when even the police assumed it was after the poo poo that happened lately.
I think in the absence of evidence it's entirely reasonable to consider islamists. Less so to assume, not at all to be convinced of.

But the way you earned the noose was by immediately trying to place any sort of moral blame on your political opposition.

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx

ekuNNN posted:

It's not because of that, many people assumed it was islamists. It's because you're a racist who wants to deport all immigrants.

That's just what you want to believe.
Nobody's going to deport well integrated legal immigrants.

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Riso posted:

That's just what you want to believe.
Nobody's going to deport well integrated legal immigrants.

Well integrated legal immigrants are getting murder threats because cunts like you are playing along with IS by fanning the flames.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.
The police has no clear proof of the motivation and therefore does not speculate, as is proper.

It's probably a coin flip whether it's far-right or Islamist terrorism.

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS
It could just as easily be a retaliation attack on a random Muslim-looking person in response to all of the other attacks. Maybe not just as probable, and I wouldn't want to be liable for guessing right or wrong either way. Until more info is released, can we just call it tragic and leave it at that? I'm sure there will be plenty of time devoted to agenda-based fear mongering later.

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

https://twitter.com/Dinesco/status/756574059282980864

FALSE FLAG FALSE FLAG!!! :supaburn:

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

so now that its in question who/what the shooters are and what motivated them. its immindeatly a false flag.

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx
N24 expert seems to be practically fawning over the professionalism of the attackers.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax
https://twitter.com/PolizeiMuenchen/status/756586397004402688

8 confirmed dead

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

aphid_licker posted:

Well integrated legal immigrants are getting murder threats because cunts like you are playing along with IS by fanning the flames.
But nobody's going to deport them!

"Well integrated" is such a convenient phrase that seems perfectly reasonable until you realize there are some pretty loving major differences of opinion about what constitutes "well integrated."

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
Ahahaha, I've been waiting to see that poo poo crop up since Riso posted that HartesGeld tweet earlier.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

:(

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx
So do we know anything about that CNN witness claiming the McDonalds shooter shouted allahu akbar?

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:

My Lovely Horse posted:

But nobody's going to deport them!

"Well integrated" is such a convenient phrase that seems perfectly reasonable until you realize there are some pretty loving major differences of opinion about what constitutes "well integrated."

"Well integrated" fängt mit dem Dackel an.

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax

Riso posted:

So do we know anything about that CNN witness claiming the McDonalds shooter shouted allahu akbar?

gently caress off and die, nazi scum.

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

Riso posted:

As far as I can see this claim hasn't been reproduced by a single German news source, so I'm calling bullshit on that one

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

poo poo.

I hope there won't be any further dead from the hospitals. :(

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax
current police statements sounds a lot like it's over, the guy is dead and there are no other shooters. obv police is still treating this like there might be others etc., due dilligence

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

http://www.zeit.de/gesellschaft/zeitgeschehen/2016-07/muenchen-schuesse-live posted:

Ein Polizeisprecher hat soeben bekannt gegeben, dass es neben den acht Toten auch eine weitere männliche Leiche gibt, die in der Nähe des Einkaufszentrums gefunden wurde. Sie sei "durch Gewalteinwirkung gestorben", sagte der Sprecher. Es werde momentan geprüft, ob es sich um einen der Täter handele.

An as of yet unidentified body has been found, police are investigating whether it might be one of the shooters.

ABen
Jul 11, 2008

Look - we need to have a stiff upper lip about this Black Death business.

System Metternich posted:

As far as I can see this claim hasn't been reproduced by a single German news source, so I'm calling bullshit on that one

I also can't find the quote anywhere on CNNs site. You'd think that would be somewhere in the livestream...

VVV haha, you and me both, boss. Sounds like some unsubstantiated bullshit.

ABen fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Jul 22, 2016

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax
can somebody link the CNN thing where the claims of "allah ackbar" came from, i can't find it on their website.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

botany posted:

current police statements sounds a lot like it's over, the guy is dead and there are no other shooters. obv police is still treating this like there might be others etc., due dilligence

oh i hope so

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax
https://twitter.com/PolizeiMuenchen/status/756588449516388353

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

22.33 Uhr: Ein Polizist vor Ort sagte FOCUS Online, das ein Täter vom SEK gestellt wurde. Eine offizielle Bestätigung gab es dafür jedoch noch nicht.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

botany posted:

can somebody link the CNN thing where the claims of "allah ackbar" came from, i can't find it on their website.

me neither. theyre probably embarassed.

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx

ABen posted:

I also can't find the quote anywhere on CNNs site. You'd think that would be somewhere in the livestream...

http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/22/europ...55@livefyre.com

Steve Almasy
July 22, 2016 10:06pm
Witness: Gunman shot at children

A woman named Lauretta told CNN she was in a McDonald's across the street from the mall when a man with a gun came out of a bathroom and began shooting.

"I come out of the toilet and I hear like an alarm, boom, boom, boom," she told CNN's Dugald McConnell. "He's killing the children (...) The children were sitting to eat. They can't run."

Loretta said the gunman was right behind her but had his back to her. She sd her 8-year-old son had been in the bathroom with the shooter, whom she described as heavyset and wearing dark clothing. She said the man yelled "Allahu akbar!"

The woman said she took her children, ran from the McDonald's and went across to the street to the mall.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Man, i wish the live tickers would color the quotes of "important people" spewing platitudes differently, so they don't distract from the event entries.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
oh god please get altmaier out of my tv i cant take this

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx
The same witness, live on air:

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this
"Wireless fun-adaptor" you were speaking of.

Riso posted:

CNN is just trying to make this somehow relatable to American fears so they can get some screentime on the TV's of amerifats

no offense to our well integrated amerifats

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Nope. This event is over. Wrap it up.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

According to http://www.focus.de/politik/deutsch...id_5755409.html it is:

6 dead on scene
1 dead later (possibly hospital)
1 more dead found nearby, checking if suspect

ABen
Jul 11, 2008

Look - we need to have a stiff upper lip about this Black Death business.

Riso posted:

Thanks, just didn't see it repeated anywhere.

skipThings posted:

CNN is just trying to make this somehow relatable to American fears so they can get some screentime on the TV's of amerifats

no offense to our well integrated amerifats

None taken.

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

quote:

37 Cobra-Mitarbeiter in München
Wie das österreichische Innenministerium auf STANDARD-Anfrage mitteilte, waren am Freitagabend auch 37 Mitarbeiter der Sondereinheit Cobra in München im Einsatz. Sie wurden per Hubschrauber eingeflogen. Da man es mit einer "mobilen Täterlage" zu tun habe, hätten die deutschen Behörden operative Unterstützung aus Österreich angefordert, erklärte ein Sprecher. Zuvor hatte das Innenministerium bereits mitgeteilt, dass der Streifendienst im grenznahen Bereich verstärkt wurde.

I didn't know they could do this so easily, that's kinda cool

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

botany posted:

It was live on the air. I'm pretty sure it was one of the anchor's quoting the woman. It was at least at that point where they locked on to it being IS/islamist related for at least the next 15 minutes before I started working.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax
https://twitter.com/PolizeiMuenchen/status/756591699015720961

french version explicitly says the 9th body is a suicide