Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
:captainpop:

They are gonna be hard to beat.

I think im gonna throw another ship in for the prize for them

Also, nabreeki is a wise and brilliant man.

hakimashou fucked around with this message at 11:34 on Jul 22, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Did we just hit peak? I think we hit peak.

fakemirage
Nov 6, 2012

Can't see the haters.
Congratulations to everyone that could make it to the event, this was stellar.

I've uploaded some more pictures from the different zones (feel free to rehost any pictures you want to use).

fakemirage
Nov 6, 2012

Can't see the haters.
https://twitter.com/CassandraSaturn/status/756336342934487040

For those that weren't in TNG: Cassandra's 4 p.m. memorial consisted of just me and Cassanda and lasted 2 minutes before they signed off without saying a word.

I stuck around for another hour to see if they'd return, but their account remained offline throughout.

Nita
Apr 27, 2008
Disco glory!

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
Can I realpost for a second and just say I love the things we do for the community of this dead game

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

He sent me a heads up PM saying he was going to record the song with his wife, and I, being very familiar with the STO playerbase, was expecting a massive trainwreck. This is absolutely amazing, though. Holy poo poo they nailed this.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
Emergency Messiah Hologram has an amazing character design and I'm pretty sad crytpic fixed the tailor bug so I can't make wild characters like that

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Emergency [noun] Holograms are the best.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

DonDoodles posted:

He sent me a heads up PM saying he was going to record the song with his wife, and I, being very familiar with the STO playerbase, was expecting a massive trainwreck. This is absolutely amazing, though. Holy poo poo they nailed this.

It's tempting to call the contest now, but what if someone else makes something cool.

I bought one of the t6 Connies earlier to give these guys after I saw it. I think I'm gonna message them and see what they want most though once it's done.

I dunno if they both play sto or what, but we should figure out something really nice for them.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

This is pretty much the textbook example of the reason why some MMO devs actively try to lure goons to their games.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

Skinty McEdger posted:

This is pretty much the textbook example of the reason why some MMO devs actively try to lure goons to their games.

MMO devs actually do that?

fakemirage
Nov 6, 2012

Can't see the haters.

fakemirage posted:

Thanks for hosting the event Nabreeki, that went super well!

Chat log.
Image gallery.
EDIT:
Some more images.
I just did a quick parse of the chat log and we had 243 unique accounts (some goons, obviously) that were active and writing in the chat during the event.

That is a pretty amazing level of participation, especially considering you didn't even need to say a single thing in chat to win any of the ships.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Gammatron 64 posted:

The Mechwarrior Online game devs tried so hard to get goons to come to their game, trying to get a new goonswarm there. Like they bent over backwards at one point to try and get them to do so but then they broke their own game with updates and lack of funding and the goons went away.

There are other examples of it happening, but it normally doesn't end up with lasting results.

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

Skinty McEdger posted:

The Mechwarrior Online game devs tried so hard to get goons to come to their game, trying to get a new goonswarm there. Like they bent over backwards at one point to try and get them to do so but then they broke their own game with updates and lack of funding and the goons went away.

There are other examples of it happening, but it normally doesn't end up with lasting results.

Didn't the MWO devs turn around and blame goons for the game's problems as well? :v:

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

Korgan posted:

Didn't the MWO devs turn around and blame goons for the game's problems as well? :v:

The lead designers at that if I remember correctly. Then when the majority of goons had left they started trying to get them back through the community managers. If you ever want to see a clusterfuck of mismanagement it was that game.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

Korgan posted:

Posting in this thread is the first step, the next will be logging back into sto again. :wiggle:

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

Skinty McEdger posted:

The lead designers at that if I remember correctly. Then when the majority of goons had left they started trying to get them back through the community managers. If you ever want to see a clusterfuck of mismanagement it was that game.

I mean, I've played a lot of Star Trek Online and Final Fantasy XI, but you're telling me there's MMOs even worse than the ones I like? Because I like some bad MMOs.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
MWO is barely an MMO though, it's World of Tanks with Mechs. But yeah, there's worse out there. Tons of Asian shovelware, everything formerly Sony, Guild Wars 2, the list goes on. Honestly at times STO could see brilliance in some areas and it could still reach and hold mediocrity.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

STO is sooooooo buggy, sloppy and low budget it kind of astounds me sometimes but I guess there's a line that even I won't cross and that's Korean budget MMOs

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Gammatron 64 posted:

I mean, I've played a lot of Star Trek Online and Final Fantasy XI, but you're telling me there's MMOs even worse than the ones I like? Because I like some bad MMOs.

Nothing is worse than Final Fantasy 11. Not even Final Fantasy 13.

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

DonDoodles posted:

hakimashou posted:

I dunno if they both play sto or what, but we should figure out something really nice for them.

Same, let me know if you need something extra for these guys.

Wizard of the Deep
Sep 25, 2005

Another productive workday
If you use LootCrate, there's some Star Trek items in this month's box. There's also an STO bonus pack that's going to anger a whole bunch of pubbies:

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Bajor 7 was the place to be, even as we had slight consolidation!

:coffee:

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:
That event looked like a big hit.

Gammatron 64 posted:

Goons are well known for being rabid poopsockers who shovel money into games and also report glaring faults and bugs (once they've finished exploiting them.) Games with pvp elements especially get a lot of attention because people will join games just to kill goons.

Also goons bring devs ice cream. :3:

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

Wizard of the Deep posted:

If you use LootCrate, there's some Star Trek items in this month's box. There's also an STO bonus pack that's going to anger a whole bunch of pubbies:

Sooo.... I need to sign up for loot crate to get that? Ehhhh....

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

I don't think you get it now, so much as it was the prize to the people whose relatives signed them up for Lootcrate circa last month and before.

https://www.lootcrate.com/pins

Wizard of the Deep
Sep 25, 2005

Yea, you had to have signed up for this month.

If someone wants to take that to the official forums to share the joy, I won't object.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Wizard of the Deep posted:

Is that the old red matter thing from the Collector's Edition?

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Yep

Wizard of the Deep
Sep 25, 2005

The one that's nearly impossible to get now, and pubbies go mad over?

Why yes, yes it is.

Tuskin38
May 1, 2013

Have you seen these posts?
They're pretty popular on Reddit.
I had a one time claimable red matter from a Stream giveaway, accidently discarded it one point. Oops.

Also some people on reddit are saying they have the T6 Nagus in their Promotions Tab in the C-Store without getting an E-mail.

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
Buying a launch CE was stupid as gently caress for many reasons but drat if I don't instantly claim my Borg boff and RMC immediately on every new char

Nita
Apr 27, 2008
You can buy CE on ebay for $10-$20. I don't see why the pubbies would be upset they can't get one by other means.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I got my CE boxed set from a bargain bin years ago. It was the one with the t-shirt inside.

18 Character Limit
Apr 6, 2007

Screw you, Abed;
I can fix this!
Nap Ghost
POLL: WOULD YOU LIKE TO SEE PARTY DEVICES, AS WELL AS OTHER TROLL DEVICES, RESTRICTED TO RISA?

STO forums sockpuppet thevampinator posted:

STO forums user evilmark444 posted:

Once a certain fleet catches wind of this poll, the no votes are going to hit warp 10
Well, that certain fleet, I guess was told they had to stop and deal with the trolls. I guess cryptic was getting sued or something because of it. Not sure if its true or not. But thats another very good reason why they have to deal with this. I know that certain fleet, and its kdf counterpart have done some good but they are very known for the abuse of these devices. I have no problems with them having fun, but not at the expense of other peoples fun. How would you feel if someone walked into your house and peed on your carpet. Its not all about those two fleets. I know they do a public service, but they are not doing a public service by driving a main part of the francize away. The roleplay is a great part of startrek just as much as it is for d&d and other series.

I must have missed a memo. Unless it was included with the Nagus.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

Funny how that thread pops up the day after dental has a successful party.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Bitter jealousy rears its head yet again.

I like the casual racism against Chinese because Perfect World in thevampinator's post history too.

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Nita posted:

You can buy CE on ebay for $10-$20. I don't see why the pubbies would be upset they can't get one by other means.

Actually, no you can't. All that poo poo up on ebay is opened boxes and has been for over a year. A sealed one will run you closer to $150 if you can even find it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
This thread is going to go well.

WOULD YOU LIKE TO SEE PARTY DEVICES, AS WELL AS OTHER TROLL DEVICES, RESTRICTED TO RISA? posted:

This does need to be done, they do need to make the party devices where they can be only used on Risa. Or on your own bridge. I think it would help with performance, as well as stop trolls from harassing rpers, as well as others. Ruining peoples gameplay expierance.

All this does is drive players away. Now if swim wear, is restricted to risa, all these party ballon devices as well as party balls and other things need to be restricted to risa as well. I know this will hurt those that like to abuse them. But yeah its also a hassle for normal players with not very good machines. It does lag the server. I think this is important for them to address. I have payed like hundreds of dollors to get zen, and I don't feel apreceated nor do others. I do feel that Cryptic needs to for there sakes, do more to address trolls and harassment. By restricting the party devices this can remove a lot of the hassle. Making it better for the player base and the sever.

The party balls themselves don't have to go, but the other things do. Like ballons and other things. They do need to be restricted. party balls at least should have a far longer cool down. Like 5 hours after use. They should also be unusable in quarks or donzana station. But can be used everywhere else. This could help bring more players back, as well as help preformance. To show that they do care about everyone else. I know people like to have fun with the devices but when they are getting abused its only fun for a certain group. All I ask is that they at least make it so people cannot abuse the devices.

• Locked thread