Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

For some reason, I was always under the impression that you had to look in the direction you were wallriding.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

Gimnbo posted:

For some reason, I was always under the impression that you had to look in the direction you were wallriding.

Nope, you can look in any direction.

I'd practice looking in directions that are not actually where you're travelling as it will let you get a better feel for when you need to jump/transition without having to look while doing it.

e: I'm guessing, much like the rapid discord change, this was to help out with this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OlY7N9L7umk

Pro click

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Kerrrrrrr posted:

Apparently the Ana patch buffed Lucio's wallride quite a bit. You stay on the wall longer and it transitions between surfaces much more smoothly. :ohyeah:

I'm surprised no one noticed this before during PTR?

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
Why are you allowed to cap points, push the payload and stop the payload with Zenyatta's ult?

strong bird
May 12, 2009

The game doesnt care if youre invulnerable

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Golem II posted:

Why are you allowed to cap points, push the payload and stop the payload with Zenyatta's ult?

Why would you not

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Golem II posted:

Cause you can do all those things with mei's iceblock and reaper's spooky ghost mode, so why wouldn't you with zoomyatta?

I don't think there is any ability that prevents pushing payload/capping points.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

Golem II posted:

Haven't you heard? Zenyatta is one with the payload.

DrGreatJob
Oct 3, 2006

we fuck each other very well and we have a lot of energy from eating plantfoods

Golem II posted:

Because not being able to would render him almost entirely useless.......

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

It should be like TF2 when a medic uses an uber and you can't do any of those. Having him able to just spam his ult to win is horrible.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

he can't because he can't shoot you during transcendence

if he's alone, just shoot him when it wears off

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Golem II posted:

It should be like TF2 when a medic uses an uber and you can't do any of those. Having him able to just spam his ult to win is horrible.

Sound dangerously like Jastiger, tread carefully.

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

Sometimes you reach a stalemate. Sometimes you get magic horses.

Golem II posted:

If the difference between your victory and defeat is a lone Zenyatta ulting and you are unable to contest to stop him from doing that, then his ult isn't what made your team lose.

Winning with a solo transcendence push is so far into hypothetical territory that it's not worth entertaining, and it's a waste of an ultimate that is good for team pushes and saving your team in high damage output situations.

If he stalls a capture or defense, it usually means you're going to be getting a free Zenyatta pick because the enemy has reached the point where they are doing a desperate defensive trickle to prevent defeat.

Commoners fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Jul 23, 2016

kojei
Feb 12, 2008

Golem II posted:

Jastiger posted:

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

Jastiger posted:

What?

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Also if Zenyatta is able to "spam" his ult it means he's probably kicking your rear end in ways that are otherwise unrelated to 6 seconds of invulnerability.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Manatee Cannon posted:

it's currently pharmercy because they nerfed the one reliable counter into oblivion. mccree can technically do it, but good luck finding one good enough to actually hit even a mediocre pharah

I just dragged a team kicking and screaming to a victory with S76 on ps4 in gibraltor attack. Through Pharah, Mercy, Roadhog, Ana, Bastion, Junkrat, and an enemy S76. The enemy Pharah swapped to S76 at the end because she had had enough of my poo poo. We had all of 30 seconds left at the very end and this was after going through sudden deaths on earlier points. Big props to the guy that decided offensive Torb was a good idea and then left halfway through the match because Pharah kept making GBS threads on his turrets.

S76 is still good as long as you can reliably hit people with rockets or splash damage. Hitting a Mercy multiple times in the face with them also helps.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

No hes right if youre invulnerable you shouldn't be able to influence the game mode

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

strong bird posted:

No hes right if youre invulnerable you shouldn't be able to influence the game mode

poo poo theres no counter play to like a reaper coming in last second to wraith form around in circles on the point while his team runs up or mei ice blocking is bullshit for sure.

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

Sometimes you reach a stalemate. Sometimes you get magic horses.

flashman posted:

poo poo theres no counter play to like a reaper coming in last second to wraith form around in circles on the point while his team runs up or mei ice blocking is bullshit for sure.

Kill them before they get there.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
i think he was being facetious

i hope so because loving lol

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

Commoners posted:

Kill them before they get there.

dude ... reaper can teleport how do you stop that?

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

RIP console offensive torbjorn

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

flashman posted:

4 mei's, build a wall around the objective, put some turrets in the middle

the perfect strategy

Manxome Foe
Apr 6, 2005

Beware the Jabberwock, my son! The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!
Is there a regular group of goons that play on PC? I need to get into some groups because pubs are making me have the opposite of fun.

ID is HAILKINGBEAR#11342

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

wow i don't want to play overwatch with the current iteration of mccree in the game

hitscan weapons are not fun to play against, especially when they can kill you from 30m away in half a second

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

bear is driving! posted:

Is there a regular group of goons that play on PC? I need to get into some groups because pubs are making me have the opposite of fun.

ID is HAILKINGBEAR#11342

Hop onto Discord linked on the first page of the thread, its not hard to find 5 other goons to play with there.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

so symmetra's gun also works as a gravity gun

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnL7bTOa-Yk

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Xaris posted:

I'm surprised no one noticed this before during PTR?

Why would they? Its not like anyone uses Lucio's wall ride for more than a few seconds.

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

D.va is so good right now. Why?

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

flashman posted:

https://gfycat.com/MetallicHugeDorking

Lt. Broccoli
Jun 4, 2006

It just sits there. Completely harmless.

Golem II posted:

Just got QP'ed against a six stack of D.Va's. Everybody switched around, the closest we got to being on parity was all playing D.Va's. I had to fight not to uninstall.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Golem II posted:

defense matrix

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Golem II posted:

People played her a lot even when she was bad, because she's one of the most fun characters to be. Now that she's been buffed, those players have used their experience as Bad D.Va to become extremely powerful.

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,
to break the structure up!?

Geckoagua posted:

Just got QP'ed against a six stack of D.Va's. Everybody switched around, the closest we got to being on parity was all playing D.Va's. I had to fight not to uninstall.

Can't a lot of attacks go through defense matrix...? Reinhardt's, for example?

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
Reinhart, Zarya, Mei, Symmetra, Winston all have attacks that go through Defense Matrix. Roadhog's hook also does.

If I was up against that comp i'd have like 2x Zarya, Roadhog, Lucio, Mei and Reaper probably. Zarya would chew through D.Va and Reaper could flank and put the clamps on

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Evil_Greven posted:

Can't a lot of attacks go through defense matrix...? Reinhardt's, for example?

Unlike Reinhardt's shield, absolutely no projectiles can get through Defense Matrix. It blocks Reinhardt's fire strike and Symmetra's charge shots, and even stops Junkrat's grenades from exploding at all. Instead, it's susceptible to beam attacks (specifically, Mei/Zarya/Winston/Symmetra's M1 attacks) and melee abilities.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

it also eats ults so don't bother chucking your pulse bomb at d.va unless you want to feel really bad about your life choices

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,
to break the structure up!?

Supercar Gautier posted:

Unlike Reinhardt's shield, absolutely no projectiles can get through Defense Matrix. It blocks Reinhardt's fire strike and Symmetra's charge shots, and even stops Junkrat's grenades from exploding at all. Instead, it's susceptible to beam attacks (specifically, Mei/Zarya/Winston/Symmetra's M1 attacks) and melee abilities.

Melee abilities like Reinhardt's cleaving hammer, no?

I don't know about his charge, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Minorkos posted:

wow i don't want to play overwatch with the current iteration of mccree in the game

hitscan weapons are not fun to play against, especially when they can kill you from 30m away in half a second

I wonder if they'll ever make McCree tolerable without also completely dumpstering him.