Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

Fellblade posted:

That's right, it's your own fault that you enjoy this game you scrubs.

there's nothing wrong with enjoying sf5, but enjoying it doesn't mean it's a flawless competitive game. children enjoy tic tac toe but as an easily solved and noncomplex game, adults and even children who know solutions quickly grow tired of it. there is nothing wrong with a child enjoying tictactoe and likewise nothing wrong with scrubby players liking sf5

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
imo one of the cool things about the cast lacking zoning is that you can play as FANG and hit people with something like a super deluxe version of match-ups they aren't aware of. It's like a whole system people aren't expecting after dealing with ryu and nash fireballs all day long. May not apply to anything beyond super bronze, but it's fun.

Edit: works for Gief too, I just sit and abuse armor and butter churning and some people just can't help but get right in my face or stand out of range wondering wtf.

Intel&Sebastian fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Jul 23, 2016

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

please, can we all just agree on one thing...that sfv is terrible?

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Zand posted:

there's nothing wrong with enjoying sf5, but enjoying it doesn't mean it's a flawless competitive game. children enjoy tic tac toe but as an easily solved and noncomplex game, adults and even children who know solutions quickly grow tired of it. there is nothing wrong with a child enjoying tictactoe and likewise nothing wrong with scrubby players liking sf5

Has anyone here said SFV is a flawless competitive game?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

teagone posted:

nah they say stuff like "well i like it" and "stop being so negative" to which zand says "you like poo poo" and "criticism is the seed of progress"

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

teagone posted:

just responding to a certain sentiment while using hyperbole

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Zand posted:

just responding to a certain sentiment while using hyperbole

Real hurthling! posted:

nah they say stuff like "well i like it" and "stop being so negative" to which zand says "you like poo poo" and "criticism is the seed of progress"

Ahh ok, was just asking to make sure.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

i'm animating walk cycles instead of playing street fighter veev

whats everyone else doing insteaed of playing veev?

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

NecroMonster posted:

Playing Overwatch.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood
Even if you like the gameplay

- in game currency introduced 5 months in
- content introduced not in season pass before the season pass through
- making people unlock colors through survival per costume
- charging actual money for costumes and making people play to unlock colors on the costume they paid for
- lack of diversity of playstyles
- rage quitting has no drawbacks
- ranked has horrible match making
- the netcode is inconsistent at best
- more or less a beta on release, it literally had a testing period a week before release
- delayed characters due to parts of the team announcing a dlc schedule but not discussing it with the team who actually produces the content, said team never speaking up until a delay actually happened
-' lobbies' on release couldn't have more than 2 people
- ps4 invites gave no notifications of being received
- charging 60 bucks for what was a beta, making people play through the above poo poo more or less then asking for obscene amounts of fight money for people to actually play as the desired characters, meant to be incentives to actually buy the lovely game. bought the game for urien? better buy him and enough zenny to play him unless you'd rather go through lovely modes to get enough to keep him. then unlock his colors.
- in game currency isn't able to be earned offline in offline modes and can't be redone for the fight money
- Lack of story mode on release ( sure they released it, i haven't played it but you can take this out if you like, and its still a healthy loving list)
- promised features STILL undelivered going on August ( daily challenges, interactables in more than the one stage they are in, which was the first stage revealed)
- No matter who the money is going to, capcom wants 25 bucks for 3 costumes and 1 stage.

And thats all i feel like typing.

People can be pissed off with this game.
Capcom more or less had a game people were happy with so far about 1 year ago.
And consistently poo poo the bed beta after beta,
And those who were fine with whatever gameplay because we play other fighters (Me included) were left to watch them uncontrollably exhaust whatever remaining excrement they had into a brand new bed from release day until now.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood
During evo we get dizzy announced to two days after who has more effort put into her, her stage and theme, than any effort this game has put forward in it's entirety

Sf staff more or less tell us, heres a 25 dollar dlc, and a character in the game but not on character select. That pc is already playing, even online.

The launch was poo poo, we may or may not try harder, keep buying stuff guys.
Shoryuken.

The criticisms are valid and i can totally see people afraid of fighters all releasing early and piecemealing themselves this way.
You can enjoy playing it, that's fine.

I've enjoyed games that have been poo poo shows too. Like digimon world 3. someone online not liking what you like doesn't make it worse.

SectumSempra fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Jul 23, 2016

Sick! Thats DOPE
Aug 1, 2008

Oh sick man thats sick

HoboWithAShotgun posted:

The biggest problem I have with this game is that it's starting to feel sort of pointless to not play the top cast any more. I play a good Necalli, Ryu, Ken, Chun, Nash and to a lesser extent Cammy or Dhalsim and I think to myself "why the gently caress am I playing Alex?"

Its just like any game. I actually think the balance in SFV is much worse than people believe. Alpha 2 looks pretty balanced when no one knows how to play the match ups correctly and the reality is everyone can do huge damage with custom combo, but is it balanced? Not even a little.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Mufasa Nigel posted:

I got this cheap off a friend, had an itch to try out a fighting game. I wanted to see how much I completely suck in ranked, but I've yet to connect to an actual match. Failing to connect to host, error 40002.

I've tried googling a fix, but it's just endless game faq threads complaining about the same thing.

No other ps4 game gives me issues online, NAT type 2 currently.

I remember there being something about NAT routers being an issue and having to open something but that's it sorry.

open the following ports (There may be more, this is what I saw from TCPView):

20002 (TCP)
30850 (TCP/UDP)
443 (TCP)

Is what I found.
http://steamcommunity.com/app/310950/discussions/1/405692758723982847/

Good luck! You're not really missing out on this one though.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Dias posted:

Playing Overwatch.

This is me too. Overwatch is a fun game I enjoy, much like SFV.

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

NecroMonster posted:

defending earth from giant insects aliens and demons

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Sick! Thats DOPE posted:

Its just like any game. I actually think the balance in SFV is much worse than people believe. Alpha 2 looks pretty balanced when no one knows how to play the match ups correctly and the reality is everyone can do huge damage with custom combo, but is it balanced? Not even a little.

i cant recall a sf where its viable to pick anyone on the bottom half of the roster (and why would you when most of the chars tend to be way more same-y).

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

anime was right posted:

i cant recall a sf where its viable to pick anyone on the bottom half of the roster (and why would you when most of the chars tend to be way more same-y).

street fighter x tekken 1.0 black cat and fat megaman

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Imo SFV is a flawless competitive game :shrug:

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

same but marvel

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
I've said this before, but while I enjoyed the little time I had with the game, what really bothered me was that most supers didn't feel like supers. Like they felt as if I was doing an EX move or something. Is this a common complaint or am I just weird and dumb?

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
It is weird and dumb but I am only saying that because I play Karin and sometimes mime out the little punch and laugh when she does it because it feels kind of good...

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Karin's CA is one of the best things about SFV

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
Guilty Gear looks cool buy I don't want to but the pc version that's not up to date with console.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

teagone posted:

I'm such a massive scrublord hugbox fuccboi that I don't find the input delay bothersome. Great if Capcom eventually removes that delay, but even with the knowledge that there are 8 FRAMES of input lag, I've never found it to be an issue or detriment to my having fun when playing the game.

If you never react to anything in your game plan and just prefer playing singleplayer then that's cool, but not everyone plays like that.

Dias posted:

Game is heavily biased towards an offensive, press-more buttons style, making zoning and a more reactive playstyle not really a thing; offense is short and feels boring and unrewarding; good spacing is also unrewarding, so matches at my level feel like guys doing random poo poo until it sticks because that's what gets damage; on that note, risk-reward on jump-ins is skewed to a point I don't really care for.

Exactly this and I that's the main reason I think SFV is garbage.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades

Dias posted:

Playing Overwatch.

Yup, this. Might very well never launch SFV again.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Goetta posted:

It is weird and dumb but I am only saying that because I play Karin and sometimes mime out the little punch and laugh when she does it because it feels kind of good...

Oh man, Skullgirls' charged Big Band super is the only thing that did that for me.
Tubatubatubatuba. TU BA!

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~
Skullgirls has good music. It's a shame it's hidden in Skullgirls.

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Buhbuhj posted:

Skullgirls has good music. It's a shame it's hidden in Skullgirls.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJAfX2fSod8

hmmm

confirmed

apple
May 18, 2003

Jose in the club wearing orange suspenders
Regarding 8f of lag and whether it affects you or feels bad or whatever: I had the dubious pleasure of trying the game on PC without VSync and then having to switch to PS4, it honestly feels like crap. Sure ~5f of lag instead of 8f would drastically change how the game is played, but the game felt better when it's objectively more responsive.

InnercityGriot
Dec 31, 2008
Wednesday Night Fights uses PC without V-Sync and it feels way better. The lower frames feels objectively better even to a layman, I think.

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you

SectumSempra posted:

And thats all i feel like typing.

People can be pissed off with this game.
Capcom more or less had a game people were happy with so far about 1 year ago.
And consistently poo poo the bed beta after beta,
And those who were fine with whatever gameplay because we play other fighters (Me included) were left to watch them uncontrollably exhaust whatever remaining excrement they had into a brand new bed from release day until now.

The only take away I get from this is that you like to make bad life choices by preordering video games despite all the evidence that it's a dumb thing to do (e.g. diablo3, sim city, etc).

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

I played SF5 for a couple hours last night and enjoyed it. It's still not good and I'm still glad I waited to get it until a good sale came along. Also they should add Hakan because oiling up was basically already a V-Skill anyway.

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My defenses are impregnable
My arms are tired
I got on today, and failed to play FANG. People other than me have learned his garbage and no longer fall for what is essentially a gimmick character.
It's a good thing Birdie has janky garbage that is super hard to react to. 5MP into light jumpgrab might as well be a tick setup when the universal solution to pressure is a crouching jab.

What a game this is, online makes it even better.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Buhbuhj posted:

KI has good music. It's a shame it's hidden in KI.

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My defenses are impregnable
My arms are tired

Buhbuhj posted:

Blazblue has good music. It's a shame it's hidden in Blazblue.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Uniel has good music. Fortunately it's hidden in Uniel.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Melty has good music.....there's also Nero in it.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uk5n-xOD2vU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2sSJFoxneq4

kof is only .9 better than sfv. capcom ruining the industry yet again?

Remilia
Jan 4, 2013

Real hurthling! posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uk5n-xOD2vU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2sSJFoxneq4

kof is only .9 better than sfv. capcom ruining the industry yet again?

Well that's disappointing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Into the Ocean
May 13, 2010

HEY! Hey. Let's relax KOF is the greatest game to grace this GEESE GEESE GEESE