Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Jack Trades posted:

If you never react to anything in your game plan and just prefer playing singleplayer then that's cool, but not everyone plays like that.

I play Cammy and Chun, and I mostly play local on PC with friends and my bro. I haven't played online ever since OW came out; saving SFV story mode for a rainy day. When SFV was released I played a chunk of sets with resident goons Rascal and Foodahn. I also had a BO5 grudge match against Sarchasm regarding Zack Snyder's filmography. I lost that, but still managed to take a set so that's still a win in my book!

So no, I don't prefer to play singleplayer unless I'm bored and want to go into training mode and fail repeatedly trying to do Chun's st.mp, cr.mk xx SBK combo (I'm getting closer!).

teagone fucked around with this message at 07:17 on Jul 23, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

teagone posted:

I play Cammy and Chun, and I mostly play local on PC with friends and my bro. I haven't played online ever since OW came out; saving SFV story mode for a rainy day. When SFV was released I played a chunk of sets with resident goons Rascal and Foodahn. I also had a BO5 grudge match against Sarchasm regarding Zack Snyder's filmography. I lost that, but still managed to take a set so that's still a win in my book!

So no, I don't prefer to play singleplayer unless I'm bored and want to go into training mode and fail repeatedly trying to do Chun's st.mp, cr.mk xx SBK combo (I'm getting closer!).

By "singleplayer" I meant that your gameplan revolves around playing extremely offensively with no regards to what your opponent is doing.
In that case the lovely input lag won't affect you at all.

Because SFV's input lag hurts all kinds of reactive gameplay.

EDIT: For real. Try comparing walking forward and then blocking fireballs on reaction in SFV compared to SF4 and you'll notice the effects of the input lag right away.

Jack Trades fucked around with this message at 07:26 on Jul 23, 2016

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Jack Trades posted:

By "singleplayer" I meant that your gameplan revolves around playing extremely offensively with no regards to what your opponent is doing.
In that case the lovely input lag won't affect you at all.

Because SFV's input lag hurts all kinds of reactive gameplay.

OH! Well then yeah, I tend to play super aggressively more often than not.

quote:

For real. Try comparing walking forward and then blocking fireballs on reaction in SFV compared to SF4 and you'll notice the effects of the input lag right away.

No, I can totally feel the difference. I'm just saying I'm not bothered by the difference in SFV. I'll attribute my frame delay apathy to only having played USF4 for maybe a year and half or so prior to SFV's release.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I just played 5 ranked matches searching for 5 bar connections and all of them had unplayable lag on my end. Game is still broken as gently caress

apple
May 18, 2003

Jose in the club wearing orange suspenders
What's interesting to me is that padding the game with minimum delay is a pretty old concept for helping create a more even field when playing online, but there's examples of games where this has backfired and made the game decidedly worse in all aspects.

Case in point is Warcraft 3, if you play on bnet there's a built-in delay of 200ms, but people got used to playing on LAN where this delay wasn't enforced and it became so popular that 3rd party multiplayer clients like NetEase and W3Arena don't bother with the "bnet lag". Maybe with SFV Capcom will realize what companies like Blizzard understood over a decade ago, but at best we'd have to wait until CPT is over for them to even consider changing that :shrug:

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
I played two matches and it took 20 minutes for each match. gently caress this game.

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.
just play revelator

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

MohShuvuu posted:

just play revelator

i did that today too. there was no lag

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
i literally can't deal with a measly 3 frames of netplay lag in gg anymore without feeling like i'm playing in misery molasses idk how sf players do it

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

MohShuvuu posted:

just play revelator

revelator pc when

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

InnercityGriot posted:

Wednesday Night Fights uses PC without V-Sync and it feels way better. The lower frames feels objectively better even to a layman, I think.

I liked the game with 8frames but I won't deny, when I switched off vsync it dramatically improved the feel of the game.

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you

Pomp posted:

i literally can't deal with a measly 3 frames of netplay lag in gg anymore without feeling like i'm playing in misery molasses idk how sf players do it

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

I got into my car and ate my chalupa with a feeling of accomplishment.

Jack Trades posted:

revelator pc when

supposedly late 2016/early 2017

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood

Love Stole the Day posted:

The only take away I get from this is that you like to make bad life choices by preordering video games despite all the evidence that it's a dumb thing to do (e.g. diablo3, sim city, etc).

Everyone pre-ordered the game before the first beta (which I cancelled after getting said beta?)

And no one knew they gently caress up their own launch because sf4 was fine?

And I guess you skipped over when I literally said "gameplay aside i was going to rock with it, because I play more than one fighting game"

aka i wouldn't be bothered about ryu losing a combo, but I'd be bothered by a shittier than beta netcode.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Countblanc posted:

Uniel has good music. Fortunately it's hidden in Uniel.

whoa buddy there are like maybe 2 good songs

but if you say nanase's theme I already see where you'e going there.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

come on guys make poor decisions and buy a ps4 for revalator.

Maybe you'll play some other games.

win-win

Then we can actually enjoy revelator with a good chunk of people online for over the first few months.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

SectumSempra posted:

come on guys make poor decisions and buy a ps4 for revalator.

Maybe you'll play some other games.

win-win

Then we can actually enjoy revelator with a good chunk of people online for over the first few months.

A ps4 is a good decision nowadays, bloodborne and uncharted are really really good

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.
what are good ps4 exclusives that aren't shootmans? bloodborne and revelator are the only two games that come to mind

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

MohShuvuu posted:

what are good ps4 exclusives that aren't shootmans? bloodborne and revelator are the only two games that come to mind

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_video_game_exclusives_(eighth_generation)

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

MohShuvuu posted:

the ps4 right now is a good buy but not essential but by next february if you don't have one you are making a big mistake cause Horizon, Neir, and Persona will be out.

ChazTurbo
Oct 4, 2014

Real hurthling! posted:

the ps4 right now is a good buy but not essential but by next february if you don't have one you are making a big mistake cause Horizon, Neir, and Persona will be out.

I'd personally wait on getting a PS4 for now since there's a new model coming out. Plus, the games you mentioned will be cheaper later for us that wait :D.

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~
get a super Nintendo it has tmnt tournament fighters and sf2 even though it's not arcade perfect and over twenty years old there's way less input lag

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Zand posted:

get a super Nintendo it has tmnt tournament fighters and sf2 even though it's not arcade perfect and over twenty years old there's way less input lag

snes is the best system ever so this

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

I got into my car and ate my chalupa with a feeling of accomplishment.
played ssf2 on my ancient Genesis recently and it was pretty tight. The 6-button Genesis controllers are decent to play on as well

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

dhamster posted:

played ssf2 on my ancient Genesis recently and it was pretty tight. The 6-button Genesis controllers are decent to play on as well

they were made for sf2 in fact

cool video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9q0s8eny3SY

Zand fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Jul 24, 2016

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Zand posted:

cool video

https://youtu.be/9q0s8eny3SY

"after knocking down Ken or Roo..."

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

and also, laugh my god damned butt off at the accents for the chracters

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My defenses are impregnable
My arms are tired
My greatest weapon is unseen, for it lies within.
It is called patience, and is the key to my transcendence.
-Dhalsim Impersonator 1993

The accent wasn't amazing but that line is unbelievable.

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Zand posted:

cool video

Oh my god the "What's a Dhalsim?!" bit.

Oh my god "These combos and strategies are for intermediate and advanced players!" -> Footage of Ken doing a jump-in punch into Shoryuken. :psyduck:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

ChibiSoma posted:

Oh my god the "What's a Dhalsim?!" bit.

Oh my god "These combos and strategies are for intermediate and advanced players!" -> Footage of Ken doing a jump-in punch into Shoryuken. :psyduck:

That's more than a beginner would know though.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

"Frawress"

-Roo

Real hurthling! fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Jul 24, 2016

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

ChibiSoma posted:

Footage of Ken doing a jump-in punch into Shoryuken. :psyduck:

I bet you can't do jump fierce, close strong/fierce into jab dp in SF2.

bebaloorpabopalo fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Jul 24, 2016

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
Smash Bros. has good music

It has more music than any single thing ever made in history

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

There's actually something to this. SF2 has a cadence that's unique to itself.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

I can barely 2mk xx fireball in sf2 game is hard

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

Smash Bros. has good music

It has more music than any single thing ever made in history

We were talking about music in fighting games though, not party games.

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you

Zand posted:

cool video

oh my god this is the most nostalgic pure '90s thing I've seen in years.

edit-- and check out the mullet on that dude @9:50
edit-- also these stereotype accents when they introduce each character are killing me

Love Stole the Day fucked around with this message at 09:06 on Jul 24, 2016

Lothire
Jan 27, 2007

Rx Suicide emailed me and all I got was this amazingly awesome forum account.

Tortured By Flan
Now we see where they got Alex's primary and premium costumes from.

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Jack Trades posted:

We were talking about music in fighting games though, not party games.

Then why are you in the SFV thread?