Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Wildtortilla posted:

I've played a handful of games throughout the day and this game feels really hosed up. As roadhog I've hooked + shot + meleed probably 15 people and haven't killed anyone out of that. I either deal no damage or a fraction of their life bar. I popped Pharah's ultimate point blank against two enemies and dealt no damage for the duration of the ultimate. I gave up trying to aim so I played as Mercy and was pulled through two walls by hooks. Not like running a corner to escape from Roadhog, I didn't even know a Roadhog was near, I simply was pulled through a wall and killed.

My ping's fine, nothing else is happening on my network I don't understand.

Make sure you're aiming center of mass after a hook? If you aim too high then there's a good chance for a bunch of the shot to miss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
Packet Loss would play into shots being eaten and weird desyncs than ping, wouldn't it? You can have decent ping and terrible packet loss.

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

Wildtortilla posted:

I've played a handful of games throughout the day and this game feels really hosed up. As roadhog I've hooked + shot + meleed probably 15 people and haven't killed anyone out of that.

Just to make sure, you're left-clicking and not right-clicking after the hook, right?

creatine
Jan 27, 2012

I rarely ever get the roadhog instakill to work right

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
That seems insane to me. I don't even melee when i hook dudes and i oneshot like crazy

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

3 Minutes Ago Report: I and another goon were in a party on PS4 in competitive KotH. We stomped first round, went to 99/99 and lost round 2 due to pubbies not grasping the new Overtime fuse timing, stomped round 3, and then round 4 happened. We were going swimmingly with 75/0 when we killed off three very aggro players at once, which was suddenly interrupted by "THE SERVER CLOSED DUE TO AN UNEXPECTED ERROR," which flushed us back to the title screen.

Was that just really poo poo luck on our part, or is there a way to rage quit and cheat the competitive system that we got hosed by?

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Father Wendigo posted:

3 Minutes Ago Report: I and another goon were in a party on PS4 in competitive KotH. We stomped first round, went to 99/99 and lost round 2 due to pubbies not grasping the new Overtime fuse timing, stomped round 3, and then round 4 happened. We were going swimmingly with 75/0 when we killed off three very aggro players at once, which was suddenly interrupted by "THE SERVER CLOSED DUE TO AN UNEXPECTED ERROR," which flushed us back to the title screen.

Was that just really poo poo luck on our part, or is there a way to rage quit and cheat the competitive system that we got hosed by?

I wonder if the Genji/Hanzo crash exploit still exists actually

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,
to break the structure up!?
I just had a match as Pharah where I did 41% of my team's damage :(

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
Never realized mercy's weapon is called the caduceus staff, lmao, how are people still making that mistake in the year of our lord twenty sex teen

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Pumpy Dumper posted:

I rarely ever get the roadhog instakill to work right

I had this problem at first before I realized I was aiming too high. Aim for the center of their chest.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
I have the little network doodad in Overwatch on my left topside of my monitor

What do all those things mean??

creatine
Jan 27, 2012

verbal enema posted:

I have the little network doodad in Overwatch on my left topside of my monitor

What do all those things mean??

Lightening bolt is like ping issues or soemthing. The three sheets of paper thing is packet loss

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Pumpy Dumper posted:

Lightening bolt is like ping issues or soemthing. The three sheets of paper thing is packet loss

I know that though ty for reminding me I mean like the little white words and numbers in the very top left

Has PING RTT and a few other network things

Rogue
May 11, 2002

Darth Windu posted:

Never realized mercy's weapon is called the caduceus staff, lmao, how are people still making that mistake in the year of our lord twenty sex teen

You hit the enemies with the staff and they die, correctly named.

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

verbal enema posted:

I know that though ty for reminding me I mean like the little white words and numbers in the very top left

ctrl-shift-r

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Darth Windu posted:

She flies and she conducts the spirits of the dead. I'd say it's pretty appropriate.

creatine
Jan 27, 2012

verbal enema posted:

Oh. Ping RTT is round trip time. So Ping is one way and RTT shows ping + the return trip. Most of it isn't really useful and I don't even leave them on anymore

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Darth Windu posted:

Some people theorize that it's intentional, as a hint about something more sinister about Mercy than she appears at first glance

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

drrockso20 posted:

Some people theorize that it's intentional, as a hint about something more sinister about Mercy than she appears at first glance

blizzard is known for their multifaceted characters

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
I'm aiming at heads, yes. I've played a few hundred matches of this game probably, with about 13 hours each of Roadhog and Pharah. Another fun thing that happened tonight was me (Roadhog, full health) getting hooked by another Hog and dying to a single chest shot. I watched the kill cam, no one else was around. I don't understand this game tonight and turned it off before I had a meltdown. I tried rebooting the game, my computer, playing quick play, and playing competitive. Next to nothing was going my way and literally none of it felt like it was my fault.

Maybe tomorrow will be better. :(

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

roadhog's theoretical max damage on one hit is something like 450 if every pellet connects with someone's head. you can't get killed in one hit by a roadhog as a roadhog

you probably got sniped/discorded if you were at full health

im gay
Jul 20, 2013

by Lowtax
whoever bitches about hitbox poo poo needs to bitch about 20 tick much more.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Wildtortilla posted:

I'm aiming at heads, yes.

Don't aim for head as Roadhog, you'll do more damage hitting center of mass like chest area

2MB
Feb 3, 2009

"No need to speak. Your fists told me everything I need to know about you."

Xaris posted:

Don't aim for head as Roadhog, you'll do more damage hitting center of mass like chest area

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCZM8c1kZPs

Demonstration of the various ranges that you want to aim for the head or body.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

im gay posted:

whoever bitches about hitbox poo poo needs to bitch about 20 tick much more.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

2MB posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCZM8c1kZPs

Demonstration of the various ranges that you want to aim for the head or body.

Yeah that's a good video though it depends and there's practical considerations. I find it's still safer just to fire a shotgun, following a hook, to the chest on most 200 hp guys (smaller hit boxes, less lightly to gently caress it up) but by all means I'll aim closer to the head if I just hooked another big head dude like another Hog. Tho once people start bouncing around and moving even a little out of pb range I just aim more to the chest

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

drrockso20 posted:

...for a price

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Mercy is the one who turned Widowmaker into Widowmaker.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

drrockso20 posted:

Counterpoint: Medic character in Heroes of the Storm has a self healing trait called Caduceus reactor.

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

So I've heard that end of season rewards for comp are going to be based on your rank. Any idea what kind of rewards? Or what the breakpoint is? Trying to rank up in solo queue is painful...

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

You win a bunch of the competitive currency points, and the amount will scale according to your highest skill rating achieved during the season, but there's no official word on what the amounts will be like.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

top 500 get some animated sprays iirc but everyone gets some comp currency, the amount of which you get depending on how high your rank is

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

Oh, in that case I'm not gonna sweat it. Those golden guns look tacky as hell anyway.

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

When the light turns green, you go. When the light turns red, you stop. But what do you do when the light turns blue with orange and lavender spots?

Nehru the Damaja posted:

I wonder if the Genji/Hanzo crash exploit still exists actually

Just watched a video where Genji jumps in a small area a bunch and the server will crash.

Why does this happen?

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

goodness posted:

Just watched a video where Genji jumps in a small area a bunch and the server will crash.

Why does this happen?

This sounds like the bug that was patched out a few updates ago

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
did moonmoon or seagull or someone recently showcase a 6 reinhardt comp or something? I've fought 3 in the past 12 hours, 2 of which were so inept that I shut them down with 1 bastion and one of which required two whole bastions

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I'm pretty sure there is a bug. Whenever i kill an enemy Pharah AS Pharah she says "Sorry Reinhardt". Why would that trigger on a PHarah kill?

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Jastiger posted:

I'm pretty sure there is a bug. Whenever i kill an enemy Pharah AS Pharah she says "Sorry Reinhardt". Why would that trigger on a PHarah kill?

Why wouldn't it

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
The brawl this week is dogshit solely because nobody who plays as Ana seems to know how the hell to actually use her properly, which I suppose is forgivable because she's new, but it's frustrating as all getout to be repeatedly hitting the "I need healing (critical health)" callout only to discover that either A). the Anas have gotten themselves killed or B). they're too busy trying to snipe down a Roadhog.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
Brawls are always garbage (random one fun tho) but at least his weeks brawl is a USEFUL and a fun excuse to go dick around practicing Ana and without screwing your team over

and hell everyone else is doing the same so no one gives a poo poo. Actually had a lot of fun this weeks brawl just because of that