Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

Chichevache posted:

His job is to win games, not sell merchandise. Being told to sacrifice his comfort to make the owners a few more bucks has to chafe, especially when they might be trying to trade him. For reference: imagine your company was going to force you to live somewhere else, like Detroit or San Francisco. :nms:

I think I'd put up with the location if my work was paying me $9m a year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beer_Suitcase
May 3, 2005

Verily, the whip is ghost riding.

Samfucius posted:

Oregon lady posts some crazy racist poo poo, is forced to cancel her upcoming festival, claims hackers "photoshopped" racism onto her page.

Her Facebook history reveals someone who hates BLM.

http://registerguard.com/rg/news/local/34602645-75/story.csp

Edit: my other favorite part, claims Facebook will "investigate."

This is rather odd because Eugene is such a hippy dippy place. I moved here 4 years ago from Texas. It's the "white guys with dreadlocks" capital of the world.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Gromit posted:

If you have a wife and kids they might feel differently.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
But the reason you're being paid $x million a year is because you get good results. If someone (who's trying to get rid of you) tries to make you wear something that could hinder those results well gently caress em, just be a dick cause why not, they are.

Is that the gist of the scenario?

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
My incredulity is less "This dude is being hindered in being able to do his job" and more at "This dude who makes more per game than I make in an entire year's retaliation of choice was to cut up all the shirts like a vengeful ex"

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Hell i woulda cut up those shirts for half of what they paid him

Emily Spinach
Oct 21, 2010

:)
It’s 🌿Garland🌿!😯😯😯 No…🙅 I am become😤 😈CHAOS👿! MMMMH😋 GHAAA😫

Outrail posted:

But the reason you're being paid $x million a year is because you get good results. If someone (who's trying to get rid of you) tries to make you wear something that could hinder those results well gently caress em, just be a dick cause why not, they are.

Is that the gist of the scenario?

Basically. Dude's also got anger issues, which helps explain why he took the knife to the jerseys. Just potentially sucks if you're a Sox fan, although unfortunately they're up right now. (I'm a Tigers fan, the team they're playing tonight.)

It's just funny to imagine him cutting up the jerseys like "ha, make me wear it now you fuckers."

Beer_Suitcase posted:

This is rather odd because Eugene is such a hippy dippy place. I moved here 4 years ago from Texas. It's the "white guys with dreadlocks" capital of the world.

Yeah, white is the key descriptor there. The Atlantic has a nice article specifically on Portland up right now.

Edit:

Malachite_Dragon posted:

My incredulity is less "This dude is being hindered in being able to do his job" and more at "This dude who makes more per game than I make in an entire year's retaliation of choice was to cut up all the shirts like a vengeful ex"

That's what makes it funny.

Emily Spinach has a new favorite as of 03:49 on Jul 24, 2016

Lord Zedd-Repulsa
Jul 21, 2007

Devour a good book.

Entire Russian team banned from Rio due to the country's massive doping problem. Individual athletes who train and get tested outside of Russia can appeal to compete under a neutral flag.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

Chichevache posted:

If you have a wife and kids they might feel differently.

If you have 9 mil a year you can buy a new wife and kids

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

LivesInGrey posted:

Entire Russian team banned from Rio due to the country's massive doping problem. Individual athletes who train and get tested outside of Russia can appeal to compete under a neutral flag.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro

RareAcumen posted:

Sorry, what?

Those post it notes had the beginnings of the next great American novel on them!

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Trig Discipline posted:

If you have 9 mil a year you can buy a new wife and kids

Why the gently caress would you make that mistake twice?

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Chichevache posted:

Why the gently caress would you make that mistake twice?

It's not a mistake if you can afford to make it.

Stex T
Mar 7, 2005

Shut the fuck up and get out. Have fun being a slave of the rich and powerful.
This is the same guy who threw a fit because he thought a 4 year old kid in the stands was stealing signals for Miguel Cabrera, right?

e: it was V-Mart.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmJ75MExOSw

Stex T has a new favorite as of 04:51 on Jul 24, 2016

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

Outrail posted:

It's not a mistake if you can afford to make it.

Ah, the Star Citizen defence

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Gromit posted:

I think I'd fork out the money for a loving tailor.

Someone explain this to me - so the first pitcher gets to choose the shirt he wears from a pile? How is that not the stupidest loving thing for a multimillion dollar sports team? Why doesn't everyone have their own set of clothes tailored to their comfort and needs?

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Gorilla Salad posted:

Someone explain this to me - so the first pitcher gets to choose the shirt he wears from a pile? How is that not the stupidest loving thing for a multimillion dollar sports team? Why doesn't everyone have their own set of clothes tailored to their comfort and needs?

They do. The White Sox starting pitcher gets to pick which uniform the team wears, apparently.

Although the manager dumping out a box of shirts and the players rifling through them is :3:

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Gorilla Salad posted:

They do have tailored uniforms. Baseball teams have several uniform styles, home games feature predominantly white uniforms, while away games feature predominantly grey or other non-white uniforms. (Mostly because teams could clean dirt and grass easier at home because they weren't given lovely laundry facilities)

In addition, teams have alternate uniforms, mostly used on Saturday or Sunday games.

A team will elect to use one of the alternates by some means or just use the standard home/away jersey. In the case of the White Sox, they let the starting pitcher choose what style to do for the day.

Except for today, since the club was running a throwback uniform promotion, and wanted the fans and players to dress up in one style, and the cut of the uniform didn't agree with Sale

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

LivesInGrey posted:

So they all get to compete for Sweden?

Although I gotta admit, not being forced to compete in the Rio shitlympics doesn't really seem like a real punishment.

RNG
Jul 9, 2009

The whole thing reads like a kid who works at Wal-Mart cutting his name tag in half and getting sent home.

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

Except pitchers are big about their delivery being unhindered and unchanged. Like it's a big deal if their necklace feels odd. Having a shirt tucked in/untucked would be a big change and could be enough to throw them off

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Millionaire man-child has strop.

Grim Up North
Dec 12, 2011

canyoneer posted:

Here's a real robot vacuum story.

This tweet introduced me to the word "Perkele"

https://twitter.com/petterihiisila/status/5205145862

Pancho Jueves
Aug 20, 2007

BEST FRIENDS!!

LivesInGrey posted:

This may not actually be happening.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Arctic Baldwin posted:

Except pitchers are big about their delivery being unhindered and unchanged. Like it's a big deal if their necklace feels odd. Having a shirt tucked in/untucked would be a big change and could be enough to throw them off

I do get it, but as a non-sports sportster or whatever you sporties call yourselves when you're sporting them sports--- what would have been the harm if he had worn the shirt and had a bad game? Everyone including his boss would have just poo poo down his neck for subpar performance even though everyone apparently knows how important comfort/consistency is to pitchers?

At that point you'd think if it was such a well-known pitching issue they'd have hired a tailor in advance to specifically help him adjust.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:

mind the walrus posted:

I do get it, but as a non-sports sportster or whatever you sporties call yourselves when you're sporting them sports--- what would have been the harm if he had worn the shirt and had a bad game? Everyone including his boss would have just poo poo down his neck for subpar performance even though everyone apparently knows how important comfort/consistency is to pitchers?

At that point you'd think if it was such a well-known pitching issue they'd have hired a tailor in advance to specifically help him adjust.

Well, we don't know what conversations/ideas they had previously before Sale's temper tantrum. It's worth noting that this isn't the first meltdown Sale has had this year.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/mlb/2016/03/18/chris-sale-adam-laroche-flap-we-were-lied-white-sox-management/81967004/

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
TF2 spy videos were great. What happened to the grieving thread? Any other good ones that don't require too much knowledge of the game ?

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

This is bigger Schadenfreude. IOC corrupt as poo poo.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

AxisofIdiocy posted:

Oh hey I got a few videos where I follow streamers into their games and mess with them while they broadcast.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0i_tRiUuFbM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAue43hU-M0

Please make more of these.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

mind the walrus posted:

mind the walrus doesn't understand physical activity, big suprise

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Not your best.

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...
Australia are refusing to move their athletes into the Rio Olympic Village because of concerns about the state of their accommodation.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

This is beautiful.

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

oh dope
Nov 2, 2006

No guilt, it feeds in plain sight

mind the walrus posted:

I do get it, but as a non-sports sportster or whatever you sporties call yourselves when you're sporting them sports

this is beautiful

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

AxisofIdiocy posted:

Oh hey I got a few videos where I follow streamers into their games and mess with them while they broadcast.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0i_tRiUuFbM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAue43hU-M0

I expected these to be poo poo because videos like this usually are. Nope, good poo poo. I especially loved fatalistic fat Russian in volume 2.

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

oh dope posted:

this is beautiful

Minus ten points for not throwing in a "hand egg" or two.

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Kids shouldn't be allowed on furniture that nice anyway

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

mind the walrus posted:

if a pitcher has a bad performance, even when not really his fault, he gets assigned the blame. there is a stat called win loss record that basically doesn't tell you anything besides you won the game (could be a 10-9 game or it could be a 1-0 game, which are significantly different levels of personal performance) that people pay wayyyy too much attention to still. there is a tailor for the uniforms and generally the white sox starting pitcher (that's Sale) gets to pick which uniform they wear so they are most comfortable. this time, management decided what uniform they were going to wear and Sale was pissed that his performance wasn't taken into consideration

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trillest Parrot
Jul 9, 2006

trill parrots don't die
I think Sale is acting out because he is having fights with people who run the team.