Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cutedge
Mar 13, 2006

How can we lose so much more than we had before

Personally I am more curious to see how the case of Five Hundred Pound Diabetic Star Trek Online Player vs Perfect World Entertainment, Cryptic Studios, et al goes in court.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

g0del
Jan 9, 2001

Fun Shoe

Unguided posted:

Is that the old red matter thing from the Collector's Edition?
It looks like the new red matter capacitor, which they've given out a few times. The only difference is you can only claim it on one character instead of all of them. Cryptic has been really alt-unfriendly since DR launched.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Who started that thread, the preacher character from Footloose?

I NEED serious natured, canon-centric gameplay in my life! :furcry: - Catpurr McKirk, USS FEELINE FINE, Quark's #1 RPer

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Mondian posted:

Actually, no you can't. All that poo poo up on ebay is opened boxes and has been for over a year. A sealed one will run you closer to $150 if you can even find it.
Yeah, the backstock of unsold CEs went away fairly quick when Legacy of Romulus hit and the game was actually good for a few months at a stretch there and people actually became invested in it.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

OP of that thread was one of the haters in quarks the past couple nights im 99% sure.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
On cryptic getting sued over DiScObAlLs

insane pubbie posted:

I never said I had it someone else that does said that. lol, I am just mentioning what the person with the source said. Also they do have laws against it in certain countries. You will be surpised, there is some very odd laws on the books. but laws against harrasment is on the books for good reasons. They can be legally sued over it.Maybe it will get thrown out but in some places it might not be.

and now

same lunatic posted:

This certain group which we all know about goes to ds9 quarks spams ballon guys, party balls ablities, all at once. One of them says flumigating this place. That is what I am talking about. No one should be able to get away with that.

Star Trek Online Season 12: No one should be able to get away with that.

hakimashou fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Jul 23, 2016

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime
TheVampinator is a Quark's regular and was part of some RP chat channel that Buschmaki and I got kicked out of months ago. I was kicked out because I said "ERP is for idiots", and everyone in the channel was very offended. Was muted and kicked for refusing to apologize.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
I sent bjornborgia a mail telling him we didnt expect such an amazing entry and would like to give them pretty much whatever they wanted as a prize, asked if they both played and wanted 2 ships, or whatever, said we'd try and make it happen.

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime
Cassandra mentioned their memorial in ESD zone, and someone mistook it for Dental's. This launched a mini-meltdown.

[7/23 11:20] [Zone #1] Cold Ethyl@aloishammer: Indeed, great ships at that beautiful Anton Yelchin memorial the other night. Kudos to Dental for that great show of love for a life lost too soon.
[7/23 11:20] [Zone #10] Cassandra Saturn@rcassandrasaturn: gently caress Dental
[7/23 11:21] [Zone #10] Cassandra Saturn@rcassandrasaturn: i had nice private memorial for Anton Yelchin before they did their event. it was in response to my memorial event
[7/23 11:22] [Zone #1] Cold Ethyl@aloishammer: At least Dental doesn't troll by claiming they're going to give away things they don't have like that troll...what was his/her name again, that was begging for keys?
[7/23 11:22] [Zone #22] Azure@warlorian: Cassanadra?
[7/23 11:22] [Zone #22] Azure@warlorian: she begs for keys a lot.
[7/23 11:24] [Zone #16] Chip@chrislauren: ugh... Dental...
[7/23 11:24] [Zone #10] Cassandra Saturn@rcassandrasaturn: Dental is also known for disrupting Leonard Nimoy's memorial event on Vulcan
[7/23 11:24] [Zone #12] Leordi Gaforge@taylor1701d: they only dirupted if your attitude was set to view "party balls" as a disruption
[7/23 11:25] [Zone #1] Cold Ethyl@aloishammer: Funny, I was there and saw Dental celebrating Nimoy's life while a bunch of sad sacks whined about it not being morbid enough. Different strokes I suppose.
[7/23 11:25] [Zone #10] Cassandra Saturn@rcassandrasaturn: guess whose Nabreeki has it out for most hated person on his list that dates back to 2010
[7/23 11:25] [Zone #8] What the I-I E I_ I_ 04-29@drolkrad1: Your imaginary friends,..dental
[7/23 11:26] [Zone] Nbreeki@nabreeki: people whined and moaned about Vulcan, so we took their advice and hosted our OWN memorial event, and people still whine
[7/23 11:26] [Zone #10] Cassandra Saturn@rcassandrasaturn: Nabreeki has been attacking and insulting lots of players
[7/23 11:26] [Zone #12] Leordi Gaforge@taylor1701d: Actually...tbh, the nimoy pilgrimage everyone made to Vulcan was the most glorious thing I've seen a community do in any video...even MassivelyOP had a report on it
[7/23 11:26] [Zone #10] Cassandra Saturn@rcassandrasaturn: not to mention he degraded lots of girl gamers
[7/23 11:26] [Zone #1] Cold Ethyl@aloishammer: Dunno, whose incessant self-focused behavior has brought down Nbreeki's ire on their persecution-complex-infested self?
[7/23 11:27] [Zone] Nbreeki@nabreeki: Look, we were going to attend Cassandra's memorial, but people were up in arms and said JUST MAKE YOUR OWN. So we did. 243 people came.
[7/23 11:27] [Zone #1] Cold Ethyl@aloishammer: The most "degrading to girl gamers" thing I've seen was some tool in the forums claiming (s)he couldn't tell time because of trying to be a woman. Go figure, huh.
[7/23 11:28] [Zone #10] Cassandra Saturn@rcassandrasaturn: i have fought with Nabreeki since he started it on the forums by attacking my gaming website for players
[7/23 11:29] [Zone #1] Cold Ethyl@aloishammer: And that "other" memorial was what, two people counting Cassandra. Bajor was overflowing.
[7/23 11:30] [Zone #10] Cassandra Saturn@rcassandrasaturn: after all, Dental is just big fat troll fleet who has no love for players
[7/23 11:31] [Zone #10] Cassandra Saturn@rcassandrasaturn: all they do is troll others
[7/23 11:37] [Zone #1] Cold Ethyl@aloishammer: Gonna go shoot some poo poo. Keep up the good works, 'breeki. Study and you'll get that telling time stuff figured out eventually, Cassandra. *POOF*
[7/23 11:38] [Zone #10] Cassandra Saturn@rcassandrasaturn: i already figured it out thanks to a friend. bye
[7/23 11:38] [Zone] Nbreeki@nabreeki: lol
[7/23 11:38] [Zone #10] Cassandra Saturn@rcassandrasaturn: jerk.

-----------------

They also posted this on twitter before deleting it later.

Blackdog420
Sep 10, 2009

born to roam

DonDoodles posted:

Cassandra mentioned their memorial in ESD zone, and someone mistook it for Dental's. This launched a mini-meltdown.
:words:

This person is stuck in their own weird black-hole of reality. She's spiteful because Dental planned a more successful in-game STO celebration. Good grief.

gently caress.

Tuskin38
May 1, 2013

Have you seen these posts?
They're pretty popular on Reddit.

DonDoodles posted:

I like how no one even acknowledged her at all, she was basically talking to herself.

Lorak
Apr 7, 2009

Well, there goes the Hall of Fame...

Tuskin38 posted:

I like how no one even acknowledged her at all, she was basically talking to herself.
They might have had her on Ignore, if not mentally doing so.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Which part of the movie did you like better? Was it the one where

Bones says he'll throw a party at Spock's funeral, or the one where they literally kill the aliens with subspace party amplifiers?

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

FALSE ALARM I MIXED UP MY DEVS

Dely Apple fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Jul 23, 2016

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqm9HSYbf0o

I wonder if the inevitable c-store version of this will actually look better or worse?

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

Mondian posted:

I wonder if the inevitable c-store version of this will actually look better or worse?

Hahaha, already taken down.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

SKY COQ posted:

Hahaha, already taken down.

I can still see it, foreign (bajoran??) scum.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

So... it's an Akira but with a star trek emblem for a secondary hull/pylons?

I don't understand.

Edit: Oh, I see, very McQuarrie.

Dely Apple fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Jul 24, 2016

Roadie
Jun 30, 2013

Mondian posted:

I can't help but see the back half of a K'tinga with a saucer attached to it.

Edit: Also, the CGI quality makes me think of the Beast Wars cartoon.

Tunicate posted:

or the one where they literally kill the aliens with subspace party amplifiers?

I just wish they had at least better shown them crashing into each other, instead of it looking like "Sabotage" overwhelmed their puny alien brains into exploding.

Roadie fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Jul 24, 2016

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

Mondian posted:

Jesus christ that is hideous and the CGI is terrible.

Tuskin38
May 1, 2013

Psycho Landlord posted:

and the CGI is terrible.

The show isn't out for another 5 months. This is probably something they just threw together for comic-con.

People are saying it is test footage.

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
I'm vaguely disappointed that I can't see it. I did see the Kotaku posters whinging about their precious fan-film, which is bad enough.

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime
The guy who won our forums contest was harassed by his fleet members (RedditAlert, go figure) for participating in a Starfleet Dental contest. Since he is also a goon who was in a goon Wushu guild, we sent him an invite to Dental. Welcome @bjornborgia when you see him.

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

Tuskin38 posted:

The show isn't out for another 5 months. This is probably something they just threw together for comic-con.

People are saying it is test footage.

You are adorable.

EDIT:VVVV

redditor posted:

Ignoring for the moment the propriety (lack thereof) of abuse to someone, I want to make sure I am getting this straight--someone in Starfleet Dental is complaining that something on Star Trek Online could not be enjoyed in the manner most intended it to be?

Pffftttthahhahahhahahah

Psycho Landlord fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Jul 24, 2016

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

DonDoodles posted:

The guy who won our forums contest was harassed by his fleet members (RedditAlert, go figure) for participating in a Starfleet Dental contest. Since he is also a goon who was in a goon Wushu guild, we sent him an invite to Dental. Welcome @bjornborgia when you see him.

Reddit seem to be adopting the position that none of this happened.

"Reddit posted:

If it did happen, why would the winner tell Dental first, instead of actually contacting the RA leadership with screenshots of the abuse so we could throw the offenders out of the fleet?

Their response to the harassment of this bloke seems eerily similar to their response to the targeted harassment of feminist writers.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
To save money all the show CGI will be rendered on the same Amigas they used to render Babylon 5.

^ Yeah the redditors in that thread seemed pretty defensive / victim blaming. Nothing new really!

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

SKY COQ posted:

Reddit seem to be adopting the position that none of this happened.

Their response to the harassment of this bloke seems eerily similar to their response to the targeted harassment of feminist writers.

Which thread?

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

DonDoodles posted:

Which thread?

https://m.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/4ub6gi/is_this_really_true_people/

Tuskin38
May 1, 2013

Psycho Landlord posted:

You are adorable.

But its true? CG on a lot of shows isn't finished until a month or less before it airs.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Can't spell Discovery without Disco.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Unguided posted:

Can't spell Discovery without Disco.

Star Trek Online: We put the Disco in Discovery

Zoerp
Sep 29, 2012

Lord of the Seas

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

WHO'S THAT POKEMON

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

Completely stumped.

reddit pubbie posted:

Well, it was "undeserved", for it was, and on the other hand, you should take it as the very clear statement that it is--that people in fact don't seem to like you, are rather passionate on the subject, it would seem, and have no intention of sitting on the sidelines again if some gaming "master race" which has a reputation (deserved or no) that it can do anything it wants, anytime it wants, decides to make a public resurgence: the vehemence probably comes, I would suppose, because they feel like their concerns were not listened to in the past. For the record, I've mainly only heard stories, and of course, seen the actions at the Spock Memorial, which I didn't care for. I wasn't there for what I gather is the true heyday. On the other hand, having spent a life around Type A+ personalities, I do recognize cockiness, as well as when people think they are just Level 70 minds in a Level 20 world. I have no doubts that some/many Dentals could outplay me in this game. I also have zero, repeat zero, doubts that I have done some things in the real world that they never bothered to try, and probably couldn't have done. Being good at a game does not justify everything in this world.

My own personal view on the group is that I've seen enough that failure of PWE to control them would be legitimate grounds for eventual loss of license, as a detriment to the world of Star Trek and the ability of fans to have a Trek, versus gaming, experience. The issue is thus not harassment per se of any one individual, but the larger one on general in-game decorum. STO is not the Daily Show, with Dental as the host, doing as it will. I am quite sure Starfleet Dental agrees with this, which is why it and I will have no issues, and I am quite sure it will understand its own past behavior caused any issues it had, and it will work to regain people's trust, and thus it will understand that as it rehabilitates its poor reputation (seemingly well deserved), things will happen, and it just needs to understand this.

Cheers.

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer

Korgan posted:

WHO'S THAT POKEMON

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfQumd_o0Gk

Fucking Moron
Jan 9, 2009

That needs to be on a shirt.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
Fall in line to Nbreeki's superior gaming skills or pay the price.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.

DonDoodles posted:

Completely stumped.

What the gently caress is that guy even on about? Could he pick on insult and stick with it for more than half a line?

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

Morglon posted:

What the gently caress is that guy even on about? Could he pick on insult and stick with it for more than half a line?

Yeah, nothing like a 100-word opening sentence to get me excited to read a reddit post.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raekwon_Chef
Apr 9, 2013
Hows it going guys? Thanks for the welcome, and the invite.

Haven't used this this account in a while, but I'm happy to be here.

The narrative is crazy as poo poo in that thread. Do the want my rape kit as proof too?

• Locked thread