Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Martman
Nov 20, 2006

HIJK posted:

All shall fall before the empire of Disney!
With all the debate over how to do Darkseid in a live-action movie, it would be awesome for him to come out of the shadows and basically be Mickey Mouse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 223 days!

Martman posted:

With all the debate over how to do Darkseid in a live-action movie, it would be awesome for him to come out of the shadows and basically be Mickey Mouse.

That would put an interesting spin on Flash's line in the time travel scene.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Idunno but this gives me a Conan the Destroyer kind of vibe.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Martman posted:

Come out of the shadows and sit on your couch. Turn on family feud and sip some Nesquik® .

Namaste
May 5, 2007
good news for people who love bald news

Burkion posted:

While I expect and encourage a lighter tone than Batman V Superman

It's 2 and a half minutes out of a 2+ hour movie.

You could take the funny moments of Batman V Superman and put them into 2 minutes and give the wrong impression. "I'm a friend of your son's" "I figured, the cape!" "Where does he go? Click his heels and return to Kansas?"

Seriously

BvS: "This thing needs jokes, you know, like Marvel! It's too dark!"
JL Tease: "Look at how lighthearted it is! This feels too much like Marvel!"

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro

well why not posted:

The Thor logo is a bit concerning - I hope this isn't Marvel doubling down on retro nostalgia. Guardians is enough.

Thor 3 is gonna be just like one of those beat em up games where you have to rescue the President, and Hulk is player 2.

Anyway Doctor Strange looks great, and all the misc news about Guardians, Thor, and Captain Marvel is really good too.

Rough Lobster fucked around with this message at 13:26 on Jul 24, 2016

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Rough Lobster posted:

Thor 3 is gonna be just like one of those beat em up games where you have to rescue the President, and Bulk is player 2.
don't tease me like that

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN

Namaste posted:

As has been noted, the unfinished footage in this 'teaser' matches the stuff that was deliberately shown to journalists/bloggers to alleviate the fear of 'seriousness' (even though BVS:UE is a goofy loving movie). It's absolutely marketeering, whereas Wonder Woman's trailer is a pretty accurate mix of First Avenger and 300 II: Rise Of An Empire.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
Quoted the wrong logo

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Hat Thoughts posted:

Quoted the wrong logo

well now if guardians of the galaxy doesn't play https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R43dYg_Kuc0 i'll be increadably sad

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Namaste posted:

It can have a lighter tone AND not have 1 quip every 5 seconds

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Harlock posted:

The Justice League teaser definitely screams, "we're like a Marvel movie now, please like us"
Don't worry, I'm sure by week's end the Internet will be ready and eager to tell us why it is a bad movie.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

TetsuoTW posted:

Don't worry, I'm sure by week's end the Internet will be ready and eager to tell us why it is a bad movie.

BSS will undoubtedly remind us that Zack Snyder works only in grayscale and all DC movies carry a warning from the surgeon general alerting the viewer to increased risk of anxiety, depression and rear end cancer.

Toady
Jan 12, 2009

Burkion posted:

You could take the funny moments of Batman V Superman and put them into 2 minutes and give the wrong impression. "I'm a friend of your son's" "I figured, the cape!" "Where does he go? Click his heels and return to Kansas?"

BvS is a funny movie. The second trailer, the one with the rock music, isn't much different in tone from this preview. Obviously, there's a narrative to maintain that Zack Snyder has been punished and has learned from his "mistakes," but this looks like a Snyder film even more than the previous two did. Aquaman looks like he's in a music video. The Flash activates slow-motion at will.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

gently caress. Wrong choice then.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Toady posted:

BvS is a funny movie. The second trailer, the one with the rock music, isn't much different in tone from this preview. Obviously, there's a narrative to maintain that Zack Snyder has been punished and has learned from his "mistakes," but this looks like a Snyder film even more than the previous two did. Aquaman looks like he's in a music video. The Flash activates slow-motion at will.

The funniest joke in it is Aquaman dousing himself with a bottle of Fiji.

This movie is going to own.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD fucked around with this message at 14:04 on Jul 24, 2016

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

So many trailers, so much hype.

I loved the WW trailer, and her violin solo kicking in at the end just got me so pumped. The fight choreography looks amazing too, and just looks all around gorgeous.

The JL trailer wasn't quite as good, but that's understandable, considering they just started filming. I also share concerns they're gonna "dumb it down" and "turn it into a quipfest" in an attempt to appease the critics of BvS, but l have faith in Snyder.

And Dr Strange looked totally loving amazing. Good time to be a comic book fan

Jonny_Rocket
Mar 13, 2007

"Inspiration, move me brightly"
I decided to show my wife (not a huge comic book fan, but is obsessed with Loki) the Justice League and Dr. Strange trailers, here's her initial thoughts: Ben Affleck doesn't look to be as bad of a Batman as she thought, she thinks it's weird there's another Barry Allen different from the TV show, and thinks Aquaman is "less gay". She didn't have much interest in what she calls "Dr. Strangelove"

I'll be there opening weekend for both, with or without her lol

Brie Larson is a solid choice for Captain Marvel, I'm pretty hyped about it! I'm still fangirling over the badass Wonder Woman trailer though, I love the theme

Jonny_Rocket fucked around with this message at 14:53 on Jul 24, 2016

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

That FX show looks really good. Like, could be the best Marvel show ever good.

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

As has been noted, the unfinished footage in this 'teaser' matches the stuff that was deliberately shown to journalists/bloggers to alleviate the fear of 'seriousness' (even though BVS:UE is a goofy loving movie). It's absolutely marketeering, whereas Wonder Woman's trailer is a pretty accurate mix of First Avenger and 300 II: Rise Of An Empire.

What did you think of Rise of an Empire, btw? I actually kind of liked it, but couldn't compartmentalize my feelings about it.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Should've gone with the Monica Rambeau version on Capt Marvel, that's all I'm saying.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Davros1 posted:

Should've gone with the Monica Rambeau version on Capt Marvel, that's all I'm saying.
Then once they're done with the Avengers trilogy they can work on forming Nextwave.

E: The post credit sequence for Captain Marvel is her walking into her apartment at night and turning the light on to see David Hasslehoff in his old Nick Fury outfit drunk as poo poo on the floor eating hamburgers. He looks up, lets out a drunken belch, and slurs, "I'm here to - love these buns - tell you about the Highest Anti-Terrorism Effort" before passing out.

sub supau fucked around with this message at 15:47 on Jul 24, 2016

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

I'm kind of hoping the retro Ragnarok subtitle is a way to tell the audience they're going Full Simonson with it.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

I've only seen Ezra Miller in The Perks of Being a Wallflower, but I love his (and Ray Fisher's) enthusiasm
https://twitter.com/Retrohan/status/757209527888510976

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhhqmRJ8CD8

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Haha weird they wouldn't do anything to obscure the fact that he drives past the same restaurant twice, it's a hard rock cafe they have kind of a recognisable logo.

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

Jonny_Rocket posted:

I decided to show my wife (not a huge comic book fan, but is obsessed with Loki) the Justice League and Dr. Strange trailers, here's her initial thoughts: Ben Affleck doesn't look to be as bad of a Batman as she thought, she thinks it's weird there's another Barry Allen different from the TV show, and thinks Aquaman is "less gay".

Hey man, thanks for sharing this.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
Based on that clip they should have just had Bill Hader play the joker.

Jonny_Rocket
Mar 13, 2007

Yaws posted:

Hey man, thanks for sharing this.

Sarcasm? I won't share anymore, I just thought her initial observations were funny to an extent (at the time)

Note: I don't agree with her opinions on this at all, but her being a non-comic book fan, i agree with her regarding the different Barry Allens at least.

Jonny_Rocket fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Jul 24, 2016

Barudak
May 7, 2007

bring back old gbs posted:

Haha weird they wouldn't do anything to obscure the fact that he drives past the same restaurant twice, it's a hard rock cafe they have kind of a recognisable logo.

Joker makes a right turn the second time around and went straight the first. He was just circling the block looking for parking when Batman interrupted him.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Barudak posted:

Joker makes a right turn the second time around and went straight the first. He was just circling the block looking for parking when Batman interrupted him.

Probably true, Joker would street park that thing. He so crazy.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

https://twitter.com/AgentM/status/757242781291024386?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

First look at Ego's human form outfit.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Speaking of, that actually sounds like a good joke but they shouldn't have tipped it so soon.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Rhyno posted:

No Superman in the trailer at all. Not even a hint. He's in that picture but that's it.

No Willam Dafoe either so I wonder who he's playing. Can I hope for Martian Manhunter?

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

BiggerBoat posted:

No Willam Dafoe either so I wonder who he's playing. Can I hope for Martian Manhunter?

He's apparently an Atlantean, probably an equivalent to Alfred for Aquaman.

Though his character is also known to betray Aquaman, but that might happen in a future film.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

BiggerBoat posted:

I believe it was already confirmed that Dafoe is playing Aquaman's senior advisor or whatever in Atlantis.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

I knew it, you bastard. I was gonna post that. Now someone do the same thing with the JL trailer.

That Dr. Strange trailer looks loving insane. Very, very cool.

Wonder Woman looks really good too, sort of a mish mash between Captain America, Game of Thrones and Thor, which sounds pretty awesome actually, but I'm not a fan of the character so I haven't gotten too psyched for it.

Jonny_Rocket posted:

She didn't have much interest in what she calls "Dr. Strangelove"

Which one is "Dr. Strangelove"?

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

computer parts posted:

He's apparently an Atlantean, probably an equivalent to Alfred for Aquaman.

Though his character is also known to betray Aquaman, but that might happen in a future film.

Vulko is an Atlantean advisor who usually supports Aquaman. He turned against him twice, once by supporting his son for Kingship instead due to politics and the other time due to bad writing because Geoff Johns is a bad writer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny_Rocket
Mar 13, 2007

BiggerBoat posted:

Which one is "Dr. Strangelove"?

The Dr. Strange movie :) She got the names all mixed up I guess :3

Perhaps Marvel should rename this movie Dr. Strange(love) or How I Learned to Love Inception

In all seriousness, I'm pretty hyped for that film. Over under on the probability that Shuma Gorath is the big villain?

Jonny_Rocket fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Jul 24, 2016

• Locked thread