Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

Grapplejack posted:

I ask to do transport heists sometimes but I always get shot down :(

If I had to pick a way to make the transport heists "better" i'd make it so that you drill through the outer door, then an inner "barred" door, and then you can just pop each of the lockers open by interacting with them.

no one likes crossroads!!!!!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wastrel_
Jun 3, 2004

Read it and weep.

Discendo Vox posted:

Death Vox Diamond Store

Nobody ever chooses to do Diamond Store loud because it just isn't worth moving 16-17 bags of loot while being shot at by a giant host of policemen on a map without much cover. They might as well make it a stealth-only heist at this point, given that even restarting a good few times is more worth it than fighting the drat thing out.

Also, there's an incredibly easy fix for making transport heists worth the while: just make every loot bag worth its full value, rather than the first 5 mission-critical bags being worth only piddling amounts ($7.5k for cash, $14k for gold vs $301k and $589k respectively at full value), then tie the amount of xp to the number of bags you secure (which is already done in other heists eg Rats). They're not especially hard (excepting maybe Crossroads) and I still do them every now and then for fun, but it's poo poo pay and poo poo xp so I can see why most people wouldn't except to get achievements.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Wastrel_ posted:

Nobody ever chooses to do Diamond Store loud because it just isn't worth moving 16-17 bags of loot while being shot at by a giant host of policemen on a map without much cover. They might as well make it a stealth-only heist at this point, given that even restarting a good few times is more worth it than fighting the drat thing out.

Also, there's an incredibly easy fix for making transport heists worth the while: just make every loot bag worth its full value, rather than the first 5 mission-critical bags being worth only piddling amounts ($7.5k for cash, $14k for gold vs $301k and $589k respectively at full value), then tie the amount of xp to the number of bags you secure (which is already done in other heists eg Rats). They're not especially hard (excepting maybe Crossroads) and I still do them every now and then for fun, but it's poo poo pay and poo poo xp so I can see why most people wouldn't except to get achievements.
I solo'd the dockyard one or whatever it is where they drop you in front of the vehicles via cargo container. I got four trucks full of gold and got pretty XP and money at the end for it being just Very Hard. Then I did it again with a friend and we got two trucks with something lovely and we made no money and XP and I said I would never do them again.

Dr Cheeto posted:

Basically, the game will give you an XP penalty on jobs you've done a lot recently and an XP bonus on jobs you haven't done in a while. There's only one slot for the highest heat bonus and once a heist has been sitting there a while the only way to clear the slot is to play that heist.

The Long Guide has, as always, an excruciatingly detailed description of this mechanic if you're interested, but that's the gist of it.
Thats enough of an explanation for me, thank you. I'll have to check what I have that on right now - what is the best way to find out?

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Bort Bortles posted:

I'll have to check what I have that on right now - what is the best way to find out?
Go into crime.net and see what has a plus on top of it. There's no other way to check without mods since you don't benefit from it at all if you use the contract broker.

Pocohud has a statistics tab (hit backspace) which just lists them.

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

Transports aren't bad for their length - with a reasonable team (ie someone brings a saw and two sets of shaped charges) you can be in and out in under five minutes easily. They're not great but not terrible either.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Wastrel_ posted:

The loud gameplay of Diamond Store is exactly why my usual group enjoys it. :shrug:

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Bort Bortles posted:

Thats enough of an explanation for me, thank you. I'll have to check what I have that on right now - what is the best way to find out?

Without mods, just check what comes up on Crime.net. Heists with XP bonuses will have a yellow glow and plusses. The highest tier is +++.

Pocohud makes this a bit easier, if a bit technical. It's nice in that it lists the XP bonus/penalty as a percentage.

As you might have noticed, pro jobs can have different heat values than their non-pro variants.

Dr Cheeto fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Jul 24, 2016

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
the only good heist from Armored Transport is the train heist. The actual AT heists are thoroughly mediocre first-DLC-heist style and it shows. On the other hand, I think Overkill could rework them fairly easily to be good the way they reworked train heist, but I also imagine, quite reasonably, nobody at Overkill cares about them!

UnknownMercenary posted:

You need a certain amount of time played in game per week now. About 10 to 12 hours should guarantee a safe drop.

Is it in game, in a lobby, or in a heist? Because I had a friend idle overnight in a lobby, got a card immediately the next morning. I did the same the next day, nothing. I don't think it's quite that clear-cut. Until that time our playtime was identical. Or as LM posted: two people who played literally the exact same amount of Payday between drops together and then one got a card and one didn't. Etc, etc.

Psion fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Jul 24, 2016

Kumaton
Mar 6, 2013

OWLBEARS, SON
Popping to say that I am a huge fan of any Transport heist and will gladly do them if asked.

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete

Discendo Vox posted:

The loud gameplay of Diamond Store is exactly why my usual group enjoys it. :shrug:

I have to say this is probably one of your better heist revamp ideas.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Concordat posted:

This made me go back and read it and yeah you're right.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

I love Diamond Store loud and all the Transport missions because I'm here to click cops and throw bags and literally nothing else

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

DoombatINC posted:

I love Diamond Store loud and all the Transport missions because I'm here to click cops and throw bags and literally nothing else

Say hi to your saw-and-C4-toting friend for me.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Dr Cheeto posted:

Pssssh I don't even say hi to that fool

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Concordat posted:

Kikas posted:

This made me go back and read it and yeah you're right.

I'm glad you like it. Stealth is meant to drive players to an ECM rush that then requires continuous, frenetic activity to maintain stealth after it ends. Loud is meant to basically intensify things and remove the convenience of the back alley escape, while also giving players more cover in the back cafe area.

Please do give me feedback(positive and negative are both helpful) on these.

DoombatINC posted:

Armored Transports are proving challenging to shake up-almost as bad as the bank heists. Some of them are much easier to modify than others. The addition of helicopter turrets is proving very useful, because SWAT truck turrets kinda suck for the Transport layouts. How would folks feel about having a helicopter carry off an entire Gensec truck?

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Discendo Vox posted:

How would folks feel about having a helicopter carry off an entire Gensec truck?

Anytime you can put a electromagnetic crane in a heist, you should do it.

Realistically, wouldn't this take a Chinook or a CH-54? Really you could build an entire heist around stealing and then using a helicopter that would be capable of simply lifting something as heavy as an armored car.

Dr Cheeto fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Jul 24, 2016

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

Dr Cheeto posted:

Drill that poo poo.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

LuciferMorningstar posted:

Drill that poo poo.

I'm fine with the drills but gently caress picking boxes.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Discendo Vox posted:

Armored Transports are proving challenging to shake up-almost as bad as the bank heists. Some of them are much easier to modify than others. The addition of helicopter turrets is proving very useful, because SWAT truck turrets kinda suck for the Transport layouts. How would folks feel about having a helicopter carry off an entire Gensec truck?

Do Gensec Squads drops in cargo containers.

Then our enemies will come IN METAL BAWKSES

One of the thing I like the most when reading Death Vox is that you try to incorporate newly added elements to old heists - which is far more then Overkill does. If you, or actually anyone, ever end up making those things into playable versions, I'll be sure to check them out. Putting new twists into old places is something more games like Payday need - the pseudo randomness of level layouts in L4D2 was something that kept me and my crew playing for a long time. Payday 2 does it... sometimes, like that time we got both the Gensec truck AND an open safe on GO Bank.
Transports are indeed a tough cookie to crack - one way I can think off is to make the maps bigger and have us drive the escape truck into a safe spot, and we can choose the safe spot during pre-planning. But I guess that Overkill aren't gonna touch that since it's DLC and if they improved heists, they would work on those in the base game first.
And the fact that most of the maps feel like wasted potential doesn't help - have you even seen how MASSIVE Crossroads is compared to what you actually use in Transport and Street escape? All of that, wasted.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Psion posted:

Is it in game, in a lobby, or in a heist? Because I had a friend idle overnight in a lobby, got a card immediately the next morning. I did the same the next day, nothing. I don't think it's quite that clear-cut. Until that time our playtime was identical. Or as LM posted: two people who played literally the exact same amount of Payday between drops together and then one got a card and one didn't. Etc, etc.

Just in the game, from what I've been told. You can just idle in the menu or whatever. I wouldn't know since I still play this game far too much and get the drop like clockwork every 7 days.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

Dr Cheeto posted:

I'm fine with the drills but gently caress picking boxes.

Picking boxes builds character.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

I did the Basics heists just to see what they were, and I'm pretty sure that while it locked my loadout it kept my perk and skill trees. So I did them with a frenzy build. This made me think: maybe the AMCAR is really just fine on dw with a frenzy setup?

one actual DW heist later: yes. poo poo is so broken :laugh:

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

I have a 15% XP bonus on:
Lab Rats

I have a 13% XP bonus on:
Transport: Underpass (I have never done this before)
Car Shop (I have never done this before)
Bank Heist: Deposit (I have never done this before)

I have a 6% bonus on:
Santa's Workshop (I did this once solo and it was a pain in the rear end)
Murky Station (I have never done this before except on DW as a spotter)
The Bomb: Dockyard (I have never done this before)

Any of those that I have not done before actually worth doing? Isnt Lab Rats the one where you can cook forever, or is that Cook Off?

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

Psion posted:

I did the Basics heists just to see what they were, and I'm pretty sure that while it locked my loadout it kept my perk and skill trees. So I did them with a frenzy build. This made me think: maybe the AMCAR is really just fine on dw with a frenzy setup?

frenzy is the best and i will marry it

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Psion posted:

The AMCAR has been 'fine' for a while now. You didn't need Frenzy with it, Frenzy just makes it extra stupid.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

So,I've got myself set up on the Mumble,and I just wanted to ask-which of the channels or groups or whatever are the most noob-friendly? I don't wanna ruin some PRO GAMERZ' run because of my noobish ways.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

Santa's Workshop is fun, Dockyard is really fun, all the bank heist ones are essentially the same

e: I did a 11 bag DW cook off yesterday with some pubbies, probably could've managed a full 25 but I had the bug where smoke didn't despawn so I could barely see anything and my frame rate was ranking. Are they looking for a fix to that bug? Because it's been in the game for at least as long as I've played it.

watho fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Jul 25, 2016

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VolticSurge posted:

So,I've got myself set up on the Mumble,and I just wanted to ask-which of the channels or groups or whatever are the most noob-friendly? I don't wanna ruin some PRO GAMERZ' run because of my noobish ways.

Get invited to the Steam group, coordinate there. If anyone tells you they're too good for you, name and shame. Anyone who claims to have "pro stratz" should be more than willing to carry you through literally anything.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

VolticSurge posted:

We have a bunch of different groups because at various times, we've had a shitton of people playing at once, nobody really "owns" one group or another, you just pick one that's open.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

watho posted:

Santa's Workshop is fun, Dockyard is really fun, all the bank heist ones are essentially the same

e: I did a 11 bag DW cook off yesterday with some pubbies, probably could've managed a full 25 but I had the bug where smoke didn't despawn so I could barely see anything and my frame rate was ranking. Are they looking for a fix to that bug? Because it's been in the game for at least as long as I've played it.

This is caused by a floating point problem with ammo bags. Look for an ammo bag that seems almost empty, and have the host refill from it. This will end the smoke bug.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

Discendo Vox posted:

This is caused by a floating point problem with ammo bags. Look for an ammo bag that seems almost empty, and have the host refill from it. This will end the smoke bug.

I even know which bag it was and now that you mention it I do remember hearing about that fix. I'll keep that in mind next time, thanks.

Delacroix
Dec 7, 2010

:munch:

Bort Bortles posted:

I have a 15% XP bonus on:
Lab Rats

I have a 13% XP bonus on:
Transport: Underpass (I have never done this before)
Car Shop (I have never done this before)
Bank Heist: Deposit (I have never done this before)

I have a 6% bonus on:
Santa's Workshop (I did this once solo and it was a pain in the rear end)
Murky Station (I have never done this before except on DW as a spotter)
The Bomb: Dockyard (I have never done this before)

Any of those that I have not done before actually worth doing? Isnt Lab Rats the one where you can cook forever, or is that Cook Off?

Murky station is fun if you feel like being Sam Fisher for a change. There are a lot of hiding spots and no surprises from guards although they do change their routes once an EMP part has been picked up. I don't do stealth often but I looted everything without killing anyone on the very first try then failed half a dozen times with pubbies. Do it solo.

Car shop is a glorified tech demo for driving but the bomb dockyard is a decent heist, a combination of close quarter police spawns from rooftops and long sightlines.

Lab rats and cook off are both infinite but make no mistake, cook off is the fun one.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Discendo Vox posted:

How did overkill make ammo bags relate to smoke grenade smoke?

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

RandallODim posted:

The end of Payday 2 will not come when they reach the end of their planned DLC schedule, it will come when they can no longer compile a build.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Discendo Vox posted:

This is so delightfully absurd, I love it.

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe
Santa's Workshop is also infinite and I've been wondering if I should do the safe event thing there for completeness sake, even though it doesn't give you a cheevo. I guess it's similar to the Lab Rats one, minus the giant cloaker.

But first I have to find a way to tear myself away from Overwatch.

Wastrel_
Jun 3, 2004

Read it and weep.

Discendo Vox posted:

Eh, my thinking is there are plenty more big open heists with waves of policemen that give lots more money and xp. Eg Hotline Miami Day 1, Hoxbreak Day 1, both the Bomb heists, even Big Oil Day 2.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

RandallODim posted:

It has to do with the procedure for removing some classes of objects from the level, which is processed on the host's computer. The floating point interrupts that process.

Wastrel_ posted:

Eh, my thinking is there are plenty more big open heists with waves of policemen that give lots more money and xp. Eg Hotline Miami Day 1, Hoxbreak Day 1, both the Bomb heists, even Big Oil Day 2.

Payouts no longer matter for many of us, particularly those of us who are interested in a higher level of difficulty. I have ~2 billion spending cash, which is chump change compared to some. The layout of Diamond Store actually makes it considerably more intense than most other maps, even supposedly open ones.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Laputanmachine posted:

Santa's Workshop is also infinite and I've been wondering if I should do the safe event thing there for completeness sake, even though it doesn't give you a cheevo. I guess it's similar to the Lab Rats one, minus the giant cloaker.

But first I have to find a way to tear myself away from Overwatch.

I kind of liked that safe event more. My problem with Workshop as well as Lab Rats is that I helped so many people get their cheevos as well as doing long runs that I am completely sick of even the idea of launching it.

Plan Z fucked around with this message at 14:29 on Jul 25, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Plan Z posted:

I kind of liked that safe event more. My problem with Workshop as well as Lab Rats is that I helped so many people get their cheevos as well as doing long runs that I am completely sick of even the idea of launching it.

also they're both bad