Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

the 8.5kg weight is oppressive considering the weight limit for baggage is around 20kg and you don't usually have to do all that much walking around airports with your luggage anyway because you check that poo poo in when you walk roll in through the front doors

E: also if you have to get to a taxi and don't want to carry your luggage all that way you can chuck it into a trolley for about $0 and people won't look at you like you're brain damaged

It's meant as a carry on, so you use it from security to your gate. The rider looks dumb, but looking dumb never stopped anyone. The real issue is losing 15% of the volume and almost half the weight. Carry on room is precious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Germstore posted:

It's meant as a carry on, so you use it from security to your gate. The rider looks dumb, but looking dumb never stopped anyone. The real issue is losing 15% of the volume and almost half the weight. Carry on room is precious.

i didn't get that, but i think carry on limits are lower in europe now i look at it

e: yep 22-26 pounds or so

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I've never seen anyone weigh the carry ons, it's mostly the size that is the problem. Still, you don't want to be blatantly overweight and every last bit of space counts when you're trying to get by with just the carry on. Also the heavier it is, the more pain in the rear end it is to get around, god forbid you take public transport to/from the airport!

Ps. plus they're getting more and more anal about various li-po/ion batteries so good luck with that too.

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

I literally have a physical disability, have had to use wheelchairs in airports, and *I* wouldn't be seen with that bag.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

mobby_6kl posted:

I've never seen anyone weigh the carry ons, it's mostly the size that is the problem. Still, you don't want to be blatantly overweight and every last bit of space counts when you're trying to get by with just the carry on. Also the heavier it is, the more pain in the rear end it is to get around, god forbid you take public transport to/from the airport!

Ps. plus they're getting more and more anal about various li-po/ion batteries so good luck with that too.

if you go low cost in europe (especially with Ryanair) there's a good chance they'll weigh any largish piece of luggage as a prelude for hosing you down pretty hard. probably this is the least important aspect of how stupid this thing is though

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013
I can't imagine trying to push that thing into the overhead compartment, if it even fits. Especially if you are the kind of person that needs to ride around on your baggage.

monster on a stick has a new favorite as of 00:24 on Jul 25, 2016

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.

VioletCorsica posted:

I literally have a physical disability, have had to use wheelchairs in airports, and *I* wouldn't be seen with that bag.

So how fat are you?

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW

mobby_6kl posted:

Ding ding ding!

This was the first thing to come to mind, not how dumb it looks, the weight, etc. A Lithium battery powerful enough to move a human being isn't getting on a plane.

Explosive Tampons
Jul 9, 2014

Your days are gone!!!

E: also if you have to get to a taxi and don't want to carry your luggage all that way you can chuck it into a trolley for about $0 and people won't look at you like you're brain damaged

But you don't get it, THE LUGGAGE IS THE TAXI, lol if you never drove your luggage through the streets to get to an airport before.

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

Volcott posted:

So how fat are you?

I am 5'8" and 120 lbs. I lift 3 times a week. How about you?

Edit: and to the original point, wasn't the weight limit very low? So if a fat person wanted it, it would probably still not work for them.

WrenP-Complete has a new favorite as of 02:45 on Jul 25, 2016

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

It actually reminds me of a guy I saw at a racetrack once riding around the camping area on a gas motored cooler. Now that is dumb but actually looks kinda fun. And it doesn't need to pass TSA inspection or adhere to ICAO/IATA regulations.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

I'm sure TSA would be totally ok with this kind of thing too and not immediately rip it apart to inspect the motor, or outright refuse to let it be carried on the plane.

the 8.5kg weight is oppressive considering the weight limit for baggage is around 20kg and you don't usually have to do all that much walking around airports with your luggage anyway because you check that poo poo in when you walk roll in through the front doors

8.5kg also means it's probably not allowed in the overhead compartment since it'll probably be over 30lbs when full and if you loaded up the overhead with those you'd be well over its limit.

e: Bigass ion battery? TSA's going to make you check it if you're lucky and refuse to allow it on the plane period otherwise.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.

VioletCorsica posted:

I am 5'8" and 120 lbs. I lift 3 times a week. How about you?

Edit: and to the original point, wasn't the weight limit very low? So if a fat person wanted it, it would probably still not work for them.

No you respond with "I'm not fat I have <disease>." I wanna know about your ailments.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

everyone list their conditions and settle this once and for all.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

PYF personal infirmity

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i have a crippling case of anime eyes

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

i got a real twitchy dick and wiggly balls

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

I'm burgin'

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

I've got soul but I'm not a soldier.

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.
Instead of a stupid luggage scooter that won't do its purpose, how about a stupid luggage scooter that could make you less fat?

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord

Otisburg posted:

PYF personal infirmity

being retarded is my go to

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord

VioletCorsica posted:

I've got soul but I'm not a soldier.

OOHRAH

SEMPER FI

DO OR DIE

KILL
KILL
KILL

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.
I think I've found the douchiest Kickstarter ever: Maker Cardz - Baseball Cards for Entrepreneurs

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/224492525/ponyfinder-dawn-of-the-fifth-age

dc3k
Feb 18, 2003

what.

Gann Jerrod posted:

I think I've found the douchiest Kickstarter ever: Maker Cardz - Baseball Cards for Entrepreneurs

Anything that replaces s with z is automatically garbage

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord

Gann Jerrod posted:

i somehow feel like exactly 0 of the featured people would be OK with these retards using their likeness for profit

JUST A HUNCH THO

Nirvikalpa
Aug 20, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

kirbysuperstar posted:

Curiosity got the better of me.

:smithicide:

What will the lolita community think of this?

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

Nirvikalpa posted:

What will the lolita community think of this?

I'm the ghost sperm.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Iron Prince posted:

i somehow feel like exactly 0 of the featured people would be OK with these retards using their likeness for profit

JUST A HUNCH THO
tbf a lot of them would gently caress over their own mothers for the right price so gently caress what they're OK with

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
They're called Makers now? That's retarded.

uninverted
Nov 10, 2011
I stopped reading at "Zuck".

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

dc3k posted:

Anything that replaces s with z is automatically garbage

American English?

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Subjunctive posted:

American English?
Yep, that checks out.

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

Evil Fluffy posted:

e: Bigass ion battery? TSA's going to make you check it if you're lucky and refuse to allow it on the plane period otherwise.

Fun fact: Lithium batteries are not allowed to be checked. They must be carried on. This project is literally a scam.

dc3k
Feb 18, 2003

what.

Subjunctive posted:

American English?

Absolutely

anticake
Nov 5, 2004

Biscuit Hider

Harveygod posted:

Fun fact: Lithium batteries are not allowed to be checked. They must be carried on. This project is literally a scam.

Well it is on Indiegogo and it looks to be set to flexible so...

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

Harveygod posted:

This isn't much of a problem. It is intended as a carry on bag.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Germstore posted:

This isn't much of a problem. It is intended as a carry on bag.

Except this is what spurred things on...

Evil Fluffy posted:

8.5kg also means it's probably not allowed in the overhead compartment since it'll probably be over 30lbs when full and if you loaded up the overhead with those you'd be well over its limit.

It's "literally a scam", as Harveygod succinctly put, because it's too dangerous to be checked and too heavy to be used as carry on. Thus, it fulfills no real purpose for the airport traveler.

Honestly, a motorized luggage scooter seems like one of those ideas that better serve homeless people, like that World's Best Travel Jacket. Maybe this poo poo will up there due to a market failure because there's no way a homeless person is going to afford a $1000 luggage scooter and $200 windbreaker.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

For some reason I only read his post, and not the post he was replying to.

e: oh yeah, and hoverboards which probably have a smaller battery are banned everywhere because they have a tendency to spontaneously ignite.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Young Freud posted:

Except this is what spurred things on...

It's "literally a scam", as Harveygod succinctly put, because it's too dangerous to be checked and too heavy to be used as carry on. Thus, it fulfills no real purpose for the airport traveler.

Honestly, a motorized luggage scooter seems like one of those ideas that better serve homeless people, like that World's Best Travel Jacket. Maybe this poo poo will up there due to a market failure because there's no way a homeless person is going to afford a $1000 luggage scooter and $200 windbreaker.

That jacket doesn't say "traveler" to me it says "douche who's trying too hard," so I guess they know their market.