Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice
It reminds me of the Dark Souls boardgame where it looks cool, but I'm not really sure how it will really play out.

EDIT: drat, new page. I was talking about the new Armored Core kickstarter.

Zark the Damned posted:

So there's an Armoured Core 'RTS' Board Game on KS - https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/223137030/armored-coretm-rts-a-real-time-strategy-board-game

Not sure if it'll be any good or it it's gonna be another minis heavy trash game...

GenderSelectScreen fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Jul 22, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Lemon-Lime posted:

I haven't read it yet, but Pirate World just actually released to backers.

I'm so proud of you Pirate World goon! I think pretty much everyone had given up hope.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice
Fire of Eidolon reminds me of Betrayal at the House on the Hill with the random dungeon tiles. Already funded, but now trying to add more, which will make it cost more in the end.

At least they know their stretch goals will cost them, unlike Pirate World.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

The Burning Wheel Codex showed up today, and the physical quality is really good, pretty much exactly the same as Gold. I can't wait to dig into it and see how the material was revised.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Swagger Dagger posted:

The Burning Wheel Codex showed up today, and the physical quality is really good, pretty much exactly the same as Gold. I can't wait to dig into it and see how the material was revised.

Nice, I'm looking forward to that. Haven't gotten a shipping notification or anything, though.

On the other hand, I got my copy of Manhattan Project: Chain Reaction, so that's neat.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Echophonic posted:

Nice, I'm looking forward to that. Haven't gotten a shipping notification or anything, though.

On the other hand, I got my copy of Manhattan Project: Chain Reaction, so that's neat.

The only notification I got was a mysterious e-mail from stamps.com that just said "Andrew Markham has sent you a package" and gave me a tracking number. I kinda thought it was Delta Green stuff until the book actually showed up.

Given the way the KS updates were written, I'm not sure that wasn't intentionally vague.

Mugaaz
Mar 1, 2008

WHY IS THERE ALWAYS SOME JUSTICE WARRIOR ON EVERY FORUM
:qq::qq::qq:

Kai Tave posted:

I fuckin' love Armored Core to an unreasonable degree and I still wouldn't ever be inclined to buy one of these miniature-heavy Kickstarter licensed boardgames without a whole bunch of people whose opinions I trust telling me that no, this one is different from all the rest.

Amen brother. Need more than raw nostalgia to sell me on this.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Swagger Dagger posted:

The only notification I got was a mysterious e-mail from stamps.com that just said "Andrew Markham has sent you a package" and gave me a tracking number. I kinda thought it was Delta Green stuff until the book actually showed up.

Given the way the KS updates were written, I'm not sure that wasn't intentionally vague.

Oh is that what that email was about? I assumed it was spam, since I didn't recognize the name

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

$200 a day, plus expenses

Andy Markham is the guy who handles the warehousing, fulfillment and distribution for Luke Crane and some other people, here's his website.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

I assume Luke didn't tell anyone that Andrew was mailing rewards because he doesn't have the wizard words to communicate clear, important information.

My friend told me about these miniatures cases, which look like a great concept! But it's a hand made operation and those really make me nervous.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
He found some wizard words, there's an update about shipping today. I guess they had some go out while Luke was waiting on his box for signing or whatever.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

moths posted:

I assume Luke didn't tell anyone that Andrew was mailing rewards because he doesn't have the wizard words to communicate clear, important information.

My friend told me about these miniatures cases, which look like a great concept! But it's a hand made operation and those really make me nervous.

I felt really bad for the guy in the video, he's soooo nervous and out of breath.

They've presented very little about their product. No close-up shots of the slots, no information about how you specify exactly what you want, the tiers tell you how big the total case is but not how many shelves you get, what size they are, etc.

I'll be very surprised if they hit their funding goal. From what I see it's not a terrible product, but it's expensive for a carrying case and they just haven't provided enough info for someone with an army to figure out what they need to buy, and that's a killer.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice
A couple of Kickstarters from the Tabletop section I've looked at recently:
  • Creative Differences: A Game Dev Story looks like Game Dev Tycoon turned into a card game. You choose a Studio card, draw from an Employee deck and a Milestone deck and try to garner up Victory Points to win. I guess you have to use a phone app to actually total up points or something (it also looks like the app is where you actually see your "game"). The design looks neat, but the gameplay doesn't sound too fun, especially if you need an app to play. I'm fine with an app for boardgames, as long as they're more for convenience and not a requirement. The developers are based in the UK, and have Ł2,189 of their Ł2,660 goal ($2,912 of $3,539) with 10 days to go.
    Link
  • Roots of Mali is a boardgame that uses dice as the characters, rather than rolling them. Game looks really simple, players strategically place their dice on the gameboard and try to kill their opponent's creatures, earning points based the creature's power level (ie, a level 3 creature earns you 3 points); first person to 10 points is the winner. They have another game, Light of Dragons, that they've released, so you might be able to pick that up if you're in Europe (and can read German I believe, not sure if Roots of Mali is the only one with English rules) if you want to give it a try. You can also print out and play Roots of Mali if you don't want to shell out the money right now. The developers are based in Switzerland, and have Fr 6,182 of their Fr 25,000 goal ($6,287 of $25,426) with 21 days to go.
    Link
  • Fire of Eidolon looks like Betrayal at the House on the Hill with a 16-bit RPG motif. Like Betrayal, you explore a dungeon by placing tiles, effectively making each game unique. Unlike Betrayal, there aren't 100 different events that happen once you reach a threshold, you simply explore the dungeon and try to pass the four obstacles in your way to the MacGuffin: the Fire of Eidolon. Collect that and return to the entrance to win. I've talked a little bit about Fires of Eidolon a post or two ago, so I'll try to not repeat myself. The developers are based in the US, and have $21,013 of their $12,500 goal with 19 days to go.
    Link
  • Warage is a card game where you create a hero and battle your opponent's hero, using different spells and equipment along the way. Looks a little complicated, and then you see that the gameboard is a Kickstarter-exclusive, :psyduck:, and the fact that there are going to be over 1,040 cards made for most backers gives me Pirate World concerns that they've bitten off more than they can chew. The company has been doing this for 5 years now, so maybe they're equipped to do this, I don't know. The developers are based in Italy, and have €25,995 of their €15,000 goal ($29,084 of $16,667) with 3 days to go.
    Link
  • Super Powered Smash Masters is another card game that boasts deck-building and family fun. The artwork is nice, and gameplay seems less complicated than Warage, but I'm really not digging the "you get booster packs" for pledges. I already shell out enough cash on Magic the Gathering and Kickstarters, I don't need to combine the two. An inability to even get all the cards as a pledge tier is also annoying. Packs of random assortments of cards should probably not be your first run at a game, hell, you probably shouldn't try to compete against Magic in the first place, but that's just me. The developers are based in the US, and have $3,633 of their $30,000 goal with 25 days to go.
    Link

Ewen Cluney
May 8, 2012

Ask me about
Japanese elfgames!
Hey, remember Channel A? Asmadi Games is doing a preorder campaign thing for it. It's not quite a Kickstarter (because they felt weird doing a second KS for the same game), but they need 500 preorders to be able to do a new printing. Preorders will include a small expansion called A-Soft that lets you do video game stuff. (It'll be available separately later on, but this is a good deal for buying both with shipping.)

http://asmadigames.com/buy-games.php

Ropes4u
May 2, 2009

Battle of Britain looks interesting, has anyone played any of their other games?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Ropes4u posted:

Battle of Britain looks interesting, has anyone played any of their other games?

As previously mentioned: it's Richard Borg. If you're not sold already you probably won't be, but check out his BGG profile.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Don't know if this was mentioned, but there's a KS going on for Dreadball 2nd Edition. I don't know how good the game is but I guess the first edition was popular?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Evil Mastermind posted:

Don't know if this was mentioned, but there's a KS going on for Dreadball 2nd Edition. I don't know how good the game is but I guess the first edition was popular?

If you like the idea of Blood Bowl but don't like insane dice chuckers with three billion conditional modifiers such that a single match takes three hours to play, Dreadball may be for you. Still lots of dice, but less modifiers (and they're more easily tracked), single rolls resolve most actions and there's a hard cap of 7 turns per player so you can play a five round league tournament in one day.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting
I love Dreadball. Can't praise it enough. However, I have to say you might want to investigate your ability to actually play the game in your area. In my city Guild Ball is the one true sports minis game.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Man, there's not even a Guild Ball league around here, let alone a Dreadball one.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Evil Mastermind posted:

Man, there's not even a Guild Ball league around here, let alone a Dreadball one.

This is why I backed for Striker with the S2 and S3 teams. I could run a league from my own stuff.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

The SWM Tablescapes Mines terrain kickstarter has begun, looks like an insane value

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1084069684/tablescapes-dungeons-modular-rpg-dungeons-by-secre?ref=project_share

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!
The third book from the Savage Worlds Rifts kickstarter dropped its PDF today. So for those of you who were worried that Kev would somehow sink that ship, it thus far remains unsunk. There's still a good chunk of stretch goals yet to come out, but the game is complete and playable now.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Alien Rope Burn posted:

The third book from the Savage Worlds Rifts kickstarter dropped its PDF today. So for those of you who were worried that Kev would somehow sink that ship, it thus far remains unsunk. There's still a good chunk of stretch goals yet to come out, but the game is complete and playable now.

The real question is does it combine the worst parts of Savage Worlds and RIFTS or is it actually decent?

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!

Kwyndig posted:

The real question is does it combine the worst parts of Savage Worlds and RIFTS or is it actually decent?

It's got some really cool interpretations of the some stuff but has real issues with scaling and balance. It ends up being a give-and-take where Bursters are finally the terrifying firewalkers they should be, but then you have Glitter Boys that can't take a single hit from their own gun. I've been talking about it more in the Palladium thread, tho.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Pretty funny development at the Cryptozoic Walking Dead KS: they got funded at $250,000, then stalled to about $265,000 after a while, and now it just went back down to its funding goal in about a day of losses and will probably get unfunded.

Merauder
Apr 17, 2003

The North Remembers.

JazzFlight posted:

Pretty funny development at the Cryptozoic Walking Dead KS: they got funded at $250,000, then stalled to about $265,000 after a while, and now it just went back down to its funding goal in about a day of losses and will probably get unfunded.

Yeah, they're looking at restructuring it and probably relaunching altogether. It's a solid enough game, and the designers (the Sadlers) have a lot of good reputation, but the layout of the campaign I think put off a lot of people. Hopefully they improve it with whatever they're doing going forward.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

signalnoise posted:

I love Dreadball. Can't praise it enough. However, I have to say you might want to investigate your ability to actually play the game in your area. In my city Guild Ball is the one true sports minis game.

Yep! I love Dreadball and I bought heavily into it and Xtreme, but there are maybe three people in my city that play it. Meanwhile Guild Ball nights regularly pull 15+ people.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Merauder posted:

Yeah, they're looking at restructuring it and probably relaunching altogether. It's a solid enough game, and the designers (the Sadlers) have a lot of good reputation, but the layout of the campaign I think put off a lot of people. Hopefully they improve it with whatever they're doing going forward.
I only gave it a second look because Rahdo raved about it. It might be better off launching cheaper at retail with standees instead of miniatures.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Alien Rope Burn posted:

It's got some really cool interpretations of the some stuff but has real issues with scaling and balance.

True to form for Rifts then.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

RE: Dreadball
It's an incredibly simple game to proxy. I did it with wooden hexes I got from Litko and I'd do it again.

That said if anyone is interested in Dreadball, separately, I'd love to do some online games using Vassal. If you don't know the game and are interested in learning, hit me up with a PM and I'll teach it to you.

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009

JazzFlight posted:

I only gave it a second look because Rahdo raved about it. It might be better off launching cheaper at retail with standees instead of miniatures.

I would certainly be significantly more interested if they did that. At this point I have about all the KS miniature-heavy coop games I can handle and if I backed any other such projects they'd probably only be expansions for the ones I already own. (But I would back those, because I have compulsive tendencies when it comes to complete collections of gameplay-affecting boardgame content. ...and videogame DLC, for that matter.)

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

JazzFlight posted:

i didn't think it was possible to pull pledges if that would bring a campaign back below its funding goal.

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Let me tell you about Homestuck

Fun Shoe
It is possible, but only before the final day.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice
Bon Appétit looks like one of those card games you'd bring on a family trip to pass the time. You try to get three steaks before your opponents do and use the other cards to steal steaks or stop them from being stolen. So Go Fish with complications thrown in. They have 33 hours left and have $4,195 CAD of their $600 CAD goal, so now it's just deciding whether I want to jump in now or wait 'till I see it on the clearance rack at Target. :v:

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

My dice tower from https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1957487380/mechanical-dice-towers just arrived today, which was a pleasant surprise. A good company with prompt post-KS shipping, thumbs up from me!

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?

Zark the Damned posted:

My dice tower from https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1957487380/mechanical-dice-towers just arrived today, which was a pleasant surprise. A good company with prompt post-KS shipping, thumbs up from me!

How's the quality? I was mildly interested in it but not quite enough to drop money, so I'm curious as to how good the build on them are.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Seems good, though I won't know for sure til I get it home and look at assembling it. It's the Ork one so it's pre-punched too :)

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

If I pretend to be Cthulhu no one will know I'm a baseball robot.

I thought this would be hitting it out of the park but I am surprised at how lukewarm interest has been.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GaistHeidegger
May 20, 2001

"Can you see?"

Cthulhu Dreams posted:

I thought this would be hitting it out of the park but I am surprised at how lukewarm interest has been.

I kind of feel like the lack of a pre-painted option is hurting it; I'd probably jump on being able to buy a pre-painted set myself, but I am never ever going to have the time to paint a huge set of modular terrain.